played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
palma [c]
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2018 6:59:58 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

So, Slateport had been a success.[break][break]

Desmond Kelley was not surprised by the results. He sipped from the tall flute glass, tasting champagne as he watched the invasion from afar; a boat, to be exact. As the flames and the destruction were wrought, fellow Rocket elites sipped their drinks, listened to the transmissions, and watched with binoculars to get the juicy details. “Oof. Power went out. That's a damn shame,” he said aloud as the entire urban stretch went dark.[break][break]

Everyone laughed. There was no reason to man the battle stations or direct troops from afar as they had done for the majority of the day–victory was in their hands. Now, it was time to celebrate and let the troops do their looting.[break][break]

And, if everything went perfectly, they would be expecting guests; unwilling or not.[break][break]
tags idk haha

[attr="class","meulk"]MADE BY MEULK

[newclass=.hth]font-family:arial;font-size:7.5pt;color:#424242;text-align:justify;padding:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hth b]font-family:georgia;font-size:8pt;color:#965353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hth i]font-family:georgia;color:#965353;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.meulk]font-family:verdana;font-size:5pt;font-weight:bold;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
palma [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2018 17:14:36 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

stupid. absolutely fucking stupid. incompetence can only be excused once, twice maybe under the right circumstances, but this time, this particular time, incompetence cannot be excused because incompetence is what led to failure.

and silas never fails. never.

but he's tired of it: of failing, of finding someone to assign blame to because this time it isn't just a singular person. surprisingly, it's not just who fails. her punishment, like all the others, will come later, but for now he has his eyes set on a peculiar boat lingering out in the near distance.

silence fills the air once he nears.

"shame you weren't there to babysit them because fuck they needed it." he vents out his frustrations as he kicks a random cooler that probably contains a few beers for desmond's little celebratory party. "they're so fucking useless. you understand, don't you?" 

he breathes, taking a single step towards gramps.

close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
palma [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2018 18:56:26 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

The arrival of the boss spelled trouble.[break][break]

The other Rocket members clear from the deck upon his arrival, moving into the hull of the ship as if they were preparing to out-wait a storm; Silas emerged with the doom and gloom, but there had been no lightning or thunder. Not yet. That would come with the final assessment, when all of the damage was calculated and each flaw could be seen in agonizing detail.[break][break]

Desmond does not flee from the storm; he welcomed it with a drink. “I'm sure they would have amazed me,” with their profound stupidity. His tone makes this implication clear. The beer he passed was retrieved before Silas delivered his kick, sparing the drink from being shaken.[break][break]

Only one of the targets was apprehended. One out of three. Those numbers were not acceptable. “Reports are still coming in,” and with every success came a new failure. “Waiting for a status update on the power plant,” but they could see from the ship that the city was engulfed with darkness.[break][break]

“Once the city is operational, I'd say this would be a resounding success.” Even with the failures. This was the jewel of Hoenn, and it had been snatched into the hands of Rocket on their first attempt. That was commendable.[break][break]
tags

[newclass=.hth]font-family:arial;font-size:7.5pt;color:#424242;text-align:justify;padding:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.meulk]font-family:verdana;font-size:5pt;font-weight:bold;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
palma [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2018 19:42:20 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

celebratory drinks aren't on the menu tonight but he makes an exception because he needs a little assistance from a familiar source to help deal with these idiots. with the aforementioned bottle of beer, he pops the cap open with his fingers and downs about half while he listens to his trusted head scientist and to some extent adviser.

he almost laughs at the mention of the power plant. "fairly sure it's down." he gestures back towards the docks because he was there when it happened. darkness is not a foe but it is also not an ally; to try and tilt the scales would be considered foolish. and dangerous.

"don't get your hopes up." 

his gut never lies.

the ringing of their phones only confirm it. he reads the text twice perhaps out of disbelief that his grunts, his underboss would be so. fucking. stupid. rage boils to the surface and he doesn't control it. he can't.

"fuck!" 

the bottle shatters beneath him, scattering into tiny pieces as shards of glass look to crawl away. he won't let it. his boot crunches what remains as he takes a step away from desmond -- he respects gramps too much to lay a finger on him. at least for now.

but words are off limits.

"you should have been there, kelley! stupid fucking shits!"

close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
palma [c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2018 1:46:45 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

He received the same notification; his hands hesitated before he fetched the phone from his pocket, sensing that something was amiss as they both read what had been sent.[break][break]

It was worse than Desmond imagined.[break][break]

Not even the Head Scientist could comprehend what he had read, because it seemed too outlandish to be possible. “They...” His voice trailed, eyes retracing the same message, the same sentence, to reaffirm the status report. They. Broke. The. Power. Plant. They what–[break][break]

The sound of shattering glass reaffirmed his own frustrations. The words once the city is operational ring in Desmond's mind, because it had been the one thing that could have made the victory over Slateport a resounding success. If the city could be claimed and restored to working order, they would have all the resources. They would have the major ports. They would have League HQ under their thumb to rile through and seek all the information that they could ever need.[break][break]

But now, it is lifeless and vulnerable. It would set them days behind schedule. Silas' rage was far more vocalized, but he related with a silent intensity that made his jaw clench until he heard his teeth click.[break][break]

“There was an off switch. A. Bright. Red. Off. Switch.” His nostrils flare. He's familiar with the layout of the facility, because he had been the one to retrieve the blueprints. How could that be so hard? How could that be so impossible to see?[break][break]

These explanations are interrupted when Silas turned to him. Now, the scientist was in proximity to the wrath and he knew to still his tongue. [break][break]

These stupid fucks just ruined his reputation. They had managed to screw up so immensely that it jumped beyond their stations, striking him from the lofty heights in the ranks. “I'll remedy this,” and sensed that the next words would be you fucking better.[break][break]
tags

close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
palma [c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2018 17:18:46 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

to say that he's heated is a severe underestimation: he's furious. livid. all of the synonyms. he vents it through his words, through his actions as he stomps back and forth; hands balled into fists, clenching so tightly that his knuckles turn white until a shade of red graces them when he punches a wall.

i'll remedy this.

three words he never thought he'd hear ever again from his trusted scientist because this isn't the first time he's had to excuse incompetency. is it even incompetency at all? the possibility that all of this could have been planned by someone so meticulous and cunning: that frightens him because he knows desmond is capable of it.

rage is redirected.

silas closes the distance. "you fucking better." desmond is taller than him but in that moment their heights are level, perhaps even favored towards silas because of the sheer power he has over the scientist. he practically looms over him.

finger on desmond's chest, silas spits venom. "it's always you cleaning up their mess. why is that?" there are boundaries that have never been crossed before but tonight is the exception. "enlighten me, kelley, because i know you. it's a bit too convenient, don't you think?"

close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
palma [c]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2018 18:55:15 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

If he were a fool, he would have risen to the challenge.[break][break]

Desmond Kelley stared at the accusing finger; the time bomb that was directed to his chest. A pause. A beat. The scientist could hear his heart thump, processing the venom that was spat against him. It was not the first time his name had been tarnished, but that had been done by a different Blackwell. An older Blackwell. One that had possessed no respect in his eyes.[break][break]

“You do know me,” and he eased his shoulders, letting the shorter man hold him by the reigns. “You know what I want.”[break][break]

His eyes shift, back to the city where the wisps of smoke could be seen rising into the late night sky; burning, smoldering. “He couldn't give that to me. Not in our wildest dreams would we have seen this.” The countless failures kept such visions from being realized. The inadequacy had stifled him as much as it had stifled the storm that was clutched to him. [break][break]

He stared down the bridge of his nose, down to the self-made heir, knowing that the history between them was not so easily buried. “We were both...pent up, wouldn't you say?” It justified their actions. It justified the dishonesty that was now being used against him.[break][break]

Because Rocket could not be lead by any other person. It had to be Silas. It had to be someone that would let the violence win, no matter the cost.[break][break]

“I'll always be here,” not because he was a lap dog; not because someone was holding a gun to his head; “I'll always make it right,” but because he was a cruel man. [break][break]

“I owe that to you.”[break][break]
tags

close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
233 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
palma [c]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2018 16:17:17 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

words are not enough. words will never be enough. but this time there's a difference in the way he approaches his frustrations. his accusatory finger points but that's a good thing because it means it's not balled up in a fist ready to be swung.

in his eyes, he spares desmond.

twice now.

"first dominic, then ezra, and now you; i'm starting to think there's no one i can trust." he breathes, controlling his thoughts as rampant as they may be. he reminds himself that desmond brings more to the table than the underbosses do. his age translates in experience.

and his experiences make him violent.

"you're on thin ice. one mistake and i'll drown you. believe me when i say that." he takes a step back to break his demeanor. for tonight, he has to let this go because nothing can be done about it now.

he turns his back to the man.

"go clean up this shit. that's what you're good for, right?" 

close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
palma [c]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2019 7:23:11 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

“Yes sir,” the response was moderated. He was in control. He was always in control.[break][break]

It was only when Desmond Kelley was alone that the fury burned to the surface. A waitress had walked by with a metal tray, stacked with champagne flutes that were assembled in an eye-catching shape. A destructive tenancy forced his hand, making him strike it upward and cause a cacophony of breaking glass—sparkling wine fizzling, dripping down the side of the ship as it flowed overboard.[break][break]

She was quick to flee. He was quick to fetch the phone from his pocket, lips curling to show the white of his teeth as he hammered out a text message.[break][break]

Someone would have to send out a boat to retrieve him. He would have to inspect the damages at the Power Plant with his own eyes.[break][break]

Someone would regret this.[break][break]
tags