awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2018 5:55:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he has to be the last one to visit him. that's what the entire plan hinges on. fernando knows that will come. he expects too but she's more of a wildcard. with out of the picture, he has the sufficient powers to follow up with their initial counter. this time, there will be no conflict. beheeyem will make sure of that.

nikolai is in good shape. the strenuous follow up of HEAL PULSE made sure of that. it's fernando who still suffers from his 'injuries'. bruises litter his skin to the point he almost resembled an overripe banana. a scar runs across his throat, a representation of the wounds inflicted on his sceptile. walking proves difficult and there's a patterned hobble to his every step. the cold still burns into his bones, and is the only real injury he still suffers from.

"you have a visitor," the nurse chimes in.

fernando peers in from the doorway, a folder tuckered between his half closed fingers. there's an awkward expression caught onto his face. it looks as if he doesn't know how to open up the conversation. after all, this man almost killed him. after a brief stammer, he finally breaks the ice. "feeling better?"

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2018 7:50:02 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

test after test gives him inconclusive results, which is the sole reason why he keeps getting asked back. they have appointments scheduled for the rest of the month because they're worried about his well-being, or at least that's what they tell him, but he knows the truth: they're worried he's deflecting.

he sees it in their eyes and how they judge him under the guise of helping him, of caring for him like the prestigious league medical staff they are.

a day after leaving the hospital with and he's back because he's forced to. he sits and waits and lets the doctors run their various tests on him because it's all they can do to prove his loyalty. his lack of memory is cause for concern, so he doesn't blame them, but it doesn't hurt any less.

'you have a visitor.'

he doesn't want one. he's not expecting one. and yet, the door opens: it's the man he almost killed. the man he wanted to kill.

"not particularly." he's not the first to break the ice. an overwhelming flow of guilt overcomes him, causing him to divert his gaze elsewhere, downwards, as he's unable to look the man in the eyes anymore.

he hears the door shut behind him. "i tried to kill you." he says as it to reaffirm it. the various cuts and bruises on the man's body tells him that much; that he's been through worse than nikolai. "i almost did." 

he breathes.

"why are you here?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2018 3:35:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"i finished my report." fingers clutch onto the folder to reinforce the point. if nikolai observes his fist he'll be able to spot the white of his knuckles. he's shaking. "rockets launched an attack on your gym during their attempt to break free one of their high ranking members. she goes by the name of . that's been enough to clear you of any wrong doing in the matter--" he pauses. "--although they suggest you take up anger management. but that's a separate issue and unrelated to my case."

fernando takes a moment to analyze his surroundings. he gets a grasp of how much freedom nikolai's given and the few tools he's given to kill his boredom. it's another layer of punishment that brings a small satisfaction to fernando's petty heart. "i've also resigned from the case and refuse to follow up with anything else pertaining the matter."

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2018 16:38:44 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

nikolai does observe his fists and sees the white of his kunckles. and he's shaking; why is he shaking? nikolai cannot tell in the moment: whether he's shaking out of fear, guilt, or something else entirely, nikolai wouldn't know.

which seems to be a common theme recently.

the man's words are a revelation; it feels as though he's spilling secrets but they do little to soothe him. guilt still hangs heavy but at least now he knows the cause of it: rocket. it's always rocket.

they went for slateport so it only makes sense they'd come for sootopolis, especially if he's there. he should've known better. he should've prepared better. he cannot make the same mistake twice.

the first caused him everything.

"why? you have everything you need to destroy me but you're not using it. why?" he asks twice because it's important. he leans forward in his bed and steels himself to meet the man's gaze.

"what do you want?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 10:17:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando stares at him blankly, stupidly even. "what do you mean?" his nose twitches when nikolai presses further. it almost makes him doubt beheeyem's handiwork. almost. ditto is sufficient backup to weave any patches that beheeyem left open. that's why two is better than one. a second pair of eyes is priceless.

"i'm here to do my job, mister petrov." a pause. "i thought you'd appreciate the good news. i classified your outburst as self-defense so you won't be facing a court martial any time soon." another pause. this time its deliberate, if not reluctant. it's almost as if he's unsure on whether he should say what comes next. the pettiness in him can't stifle it. "you're welcome."

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 16:31:36 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

things feel off but he can't place his finger on it; it's as if something's stopping him from realizing the truth. it lays dormant in the deepest part of his mind for now as he listens to what the man has to say, because he is genuinely curious to find out the true reason why he's here.

"yeah, but why? you didn't have to do that." a pause, similar to his. "you want something from me." he's not an idiot.

"what is it?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 23:42:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"i do."

it can end there. all he has to do is leave. but he doesn't. fernando stays there, ready to enlighten the ignorant baboon to the finer workings of the league. "i want you to clean up your act and do your job, mister petrov. we suffered immense losses in slateport. we do not have the personnel for inner squabbles. i will not have a repeat of a council that actively opposes their commissioner."

his eyes are steeled. inside elections will be held soon. when fernando wins his seat on the council, which he knows he will - the ground work has been planted the moment he stepped foot into hoenn - act two will begin. "senna will pay for her transgressions against you. although she authorized the action, which we cannot disobey, she will answer to her abuse of authority. i expect her to be removed from her position of power."

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2018 15:06:01 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

"who?" 

maybe his memory's bad but he doesn't put a face to a name. it isn't until the team leader speaks again, mentioning her position of power does he realize who he's talking out. then again, maybe it isn't his memory.

guilt overcomes suspicion.

"i understand." he's not wrong—the people of slateport need him, that much he knows from his return home. they welcome home as if he was one of their own, and truthfully, he is.

their gazes meet. "i'm guessing you're running for council." he's not sure why but that seems unsurprising. his loyalty is drawn towards the team leader.

"you have my support."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2018 17:44:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
his eyes narrow. how insightful of nikolai to presume his actions. that type of cognitive ability, able to piece things together, is a dangerous tool that fernando notes. perhaps the gym leader will prove more trouble than he's worth. "i've entertain the idea since we seem to lack the capital and leadership necessary. hopefully, i won't have to take up that mantle." he pauses. "but i appreciate the sentiments nonetheless."

this almost seems too easy. it makes him scared, paranoid that perhaps he slipped up. fernando knows he didn't but fear entertains the thought of it being a possibility. and, for that, fernando considers applying another layer. here, alone, there's no one to stop him from having another session. all he needs to do is say the word.

"when do you expect to be discharged?"

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 3:33:59 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

council: it's an idea he's given thought to but it has always been more fiction than reality. being elected into the position isn't hard but it's what follows: he cannot expect the rest of the council to be cooperative and willing to work with him given his past. but that's just it, isn't it: his past is what stops him at every turn.

"tomorrow. they just need to run a few more tests."

he doesn't say more than that but he expects the team leader to know: he seems like the type to keep track of everyone he knows; the type to scroll through chat logs to make sure no one's talking shit about him.

"rebuilding the gym will keep me preoccupied. but you know where to find me." he smiles, or at least attempts to. "like i said, you have my support."

i am in your debt.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 3:41:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"that's good. i'm glad you're relatively unhurt." fernando wrinkled his nose at the comment. self-depreciating humor isn't his strong suite. it almost comes off as passive aggressive. "i guess i know why you're a gym leader now," is his attempt to redeem it. his voice portrays it jokingly and he even adds a chuckle to cement it. fernando doesn't put too much weight on it. considering what nikolai remembers, it won't be too out of place for fernando to prick at him. after all, he almost took his life.

"i wish sootopolis a speedy recovery. they need you now more than ever."

close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 14:39:12 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

guilt pricks away at him, stinging with every word that escapes team leader's lips. his comments are almost passive-aggressive but that's to be expected: nikolai did try to take his life, after all. in fact, according to his memory, he almost succeeded. he takes solace in that.

rust.

"they do." 

homecoming.

"thank you for visiting. i appreciate it." 

door.

"and i'm sorry."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
DOCTRINATION
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2018 13:09:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"don't let it happen again, nikolai."

fernando turns away, marking his departure, ready to leave.

"we need all hands on deck after slateport. every league member is an important part of this organization. what we need now is collaboration not division."

and with that he departs.

THREAD END