may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
floral arrangement [c]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2018 5:56:13 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

slateport invasion. chaotic city. people screaming and fires being set. yada yada yada. elijah's over it by now. the beach is still pretty— if you ignored the craters of sand, disembodied zombie krabby limbs, and sinking monuments in the polluted sea. he can hear the occasional scream ring out like radio from slateport's burning corpse.

he had invited her here because the beach is pretty. elijah's sandaled feet sink into the sand as he awaits her arrival, hands behind his back hiding his feelings. maybe she won't be able to see his nerves slowly tickle his skin chicken. she wears an eyepatch after all.

clearing his throat, elijah watches as she arrives. he strikes, brandishing his gift like a samurai sword— or floppy pool noodle.

"hi yvonne." a bouquet of flowers bloom from his clasped hands and present themselves to her. "take these." he stops. "because i like you."

@yvonne

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
floral arrangement [c]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 2:45:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar

the sight of a ruined city is nothing new to yvonne. in fact, it could be easily argued that at this point in her life it may as well be the standard. the war in kanto and her role in it saw her walking a region composed of almost exclusively burning husks of civilization, for years at a time. and yet the rubble and smell of smoke made her feel . . . ill. uneasy.

maybe it was the context of this particular husk that got to her. sentimentality was something far from her heart most days, but this port city had been the first beautiful place she'd seen in hoenn. it was home to a nice inn run by a woman who gave her lodging without question and kindness without reason. to see it reduced to this (to see it join the likes of saffron, vermillion, and pewter) and to know the suffering its people are experiencing is unjust in a way she rarely gives consideration to anymore.

walking onto that scarred and bloodied beach, then, is not what she'd call comfortable. the battling for the city had been fierce, she hadn't dared to go back to the inn, and now she rolls out of whatever dark corner she'd sequestered herself in to gaze on carnage in the light of day. all for a purpose she couldn't get out of elijah despite her best efforts. a purpose that seems exceedingly vain once it reveals itself.

". . . what?" the word is confused at first, but then, "what?" the second time it's said the word comes out hard and cold.

"is this really what you've called me out here for?"

her one good eye regards him with little in the way of warmth. just scans his sweating, anxious face for a hint of something (anything) more.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
floral arrangement [c]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 7:55:57 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

his flowers weather the frost of her words. bending in the chill, they falter but a brisk shake and tighter grip remind the stalks of his determination. in the ensuing silence, the ocean waves whisper into the ear of the shore.

"yes." elijah finally says. what else did she want? he's bearing his heart; the colours of his hand-picked petals seemingly pulse.

elijah continues despite her beautiful beholder eye. he isn't sure if it's her indifferent beam that causes his heart to stop— or if it's the way her scathing expression endears himself to her.

"i grew these personally." he inches the bouquet further. "that's what i do. garden and... the like. if you would like, we can have a date picking weeds."

finally, a blush blossoms across his cheeks like a victreebel's unraveling vines.

@yvonne