awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2018 9:24:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the suit never feels quite right. something about the way it fits, about how the fabric feels against his skin. it's still new to him. having to attend this dinner party to acquaint himself with the many businesses and companies that partner up with silph co. is a pain but a necessary one all the same. fernando understands this and suffers in silence. it's his father that takes it upon himself to exclude fernando from every conversation that exceeds initial greetings. "make a name for yourself, boy," is the only encouragement he'll receive. so he takes the easy way out. he approaches one of the few people in attendance that looks remotely close to his age. strict training stops him from ogling her in her attire. with a solid education and some proper manners, it's not hard to avoid becoming . some may call it tact but to him it's simple etiquette.

"good evening. i'm fernando. fernando silph. fancy meeting someone my age at something like this."

@geraldine      
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 0:29:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The wine was sweet against her tongue as Geraldine finished another glass of Merlot. The dinner party had been slow, only now drifting into the evening, and so far, it had been painstakingly boring. While striking a deal with Silph. Co was important, specifically in ensuring the stability of her own company at Vincent Pharmaceuticals, she had hoped it would have been more entertaining. But, alas, it seemed the curve hugging cocktail dress she wore had been a waste for such an occasion.

Rolling her gaze away from a couple laughing, she went to grab another top up of alcohol. But her eyes caught that of a stranger, and his approach caused her to pause.

Fernando Silph. She couldn’t hide the small smile that broke from her lips. Perhaps the night would finally take a turn for the better.

“Ah, Mr. Silph. What a pleasure. Geraldine Vincent.” Geraldine’s voice was smooth, laced with the light smell of booze and cherries. She held her hand out towards him, her eyes narrowed with intrigue. “Yes, it does make a difference to the others I have encountered tonight. A nice difference." She paused. "Was this… Occasion a decision made by yourself?”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 22:51:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"a pleasure," he cements it with a firm, steady handshake. probably not the most suave approach but fernando buckles for no one. here, he is unmatched, if only by name. there's no reason to prostrate himself for those in attendance. they are equals at best, and he treats them as such.

her question brings out a soft, empty chuckle. "hardly. all this is--" he takes a moment to think about his phrasing. there's a delicacy that must be maintained and knowing the nuance of it is something he's still yet to grasp. "--outside my comfort zone, if i'm being honest with you. you seems more suited for this than i, miss vincent."

@geraldine      
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2018 22:04:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Geraldine hid her disappoint of the hand shake with a small smile, eyeing her hand and brushing it down her dress once released. She wasn't used to such.. Rejection, on her part, and found herself more interested by Fernando than before. 

"Me? Suited to this? Ha. Many would think such, wouldn't they," her laugh didn't meet her eyes as she found her hands aimlessly refilling her glass. She took a sip before responding.

"Yes. I suit this physically. I would never say no to a party. But mentally..." She smirked into her glass, more to herself as her thoughts wandered, "I prefer a... Different atmosphere, let's say."

"But what about you, Mr. Silph?"
 She lowered her wine as she tore herself from her train of thought, looking at his eyes intently; searching, "What's more in your comfort zone then?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2018 0:26:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
what she'll find is the rigid gaze of his own probing. it's a counter to her own but made out of the coincidence of two matched players. she's prying into the same motif that fernando seeks to explore, an understanding of what lies behind the pretty facades and false pleasantries that are born from their mutual lies. "in an office being productive. i'm a working man first and wealthy only by chance. these events don't suit me."

he stays away from the refreshments. it's too early in his career to mingle alcohol and acquaintances. that's a skill for another time, for when he's grown and mastered the art of weaving business and pleasure.

"do tell though, miss vincent. what is your preferred atmosphere?"

@geraldine      
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2019 11:39:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She’d lost count of the number of glasses she’d had when her head whirled. The familiar feeling barely phased her as she took another long sip from her glass, her eyes blurry. Fernando spoke simply. Shortly. A small talker, she concluded, as he quickly moved on to ask her a question. He didn't seem to want to give much information out; Geraldine’s intrigue only grew.

"Typical words from a man like yourself." She smiled playfully, her lips lopsided from intoxication. She reached for an olive off the nearest waiter’s tray and popped it in her mouth. “You all believe the same - that work within the confinement of a small room is productive.” She swallowed, her voice lowering. “Influencing the people is just as productive, Mr Silph.”

She was quiet for a moment before her voice lifted again in response to his question. This time, however, her face was stone cold. Serious.

“I’m a thrill seeker. I much despise waiting and sitting around for things to be completed. I prefer... The chase - the adrenaline - than simply being handed the reward from, say, an office. The words hung on her tongue as she blinked at him; calculating, watching. “If that makes sense. My atmosphere should be moving.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 5:47:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
typical words? what a tease. fernando knows the line and how it's made to pull at his innate curiousity. it's a tactic he's employed many times himself and he's self-aware enough to avoid the pitfall. at least until she elaborates. when she pops the fruit in the mouth fernando can feel the urge to narrow his eyes. it takes a conscious effort to refrain from it, dutifully trying to keep his mask.

"is that you trying to influence me, miss vincent?"

the abrupt flux in their conversation is enough to keep him on edge. the shift in tone, her answers to his question, everything about her spells at something more sinister. fernando is hopeful that it's just a bad sense of paranoia. sadly, that's rarely the case.

"ah," fernando opts for playing stupid. "so working on the field. how admirable. it must be nice to work in the field." the smile that accompanies the statement belies how much he truly knows. he paints it with an expression of innocence, that he's unassuming, unaware.

@geraldine      
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 17:04:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Her seriousness stayed evident for longer than she intended. Her eyes flickered around Fernando’s face as if she was trying to find something; a crack in his mask. But his innocent remark caused her to lose focus, her eyes softening and a small smile becoming apparent again - perhaps, however, too quickly.

“It depends, Mr. Silph; did what I say affect you?” She responded teasingly, watching him with interest. “You can’t influence everyone, you know, but I find it is more about planting the seed than necessarily watering it.”

Her attention drifted off behind him for a moment as she watched the people around them pointedly. She rolled the glass in her hand around, the last residue of wine swirling at the bottom of it.

“Thank you.” Her eyes flickered back. “Yes, it is nice. Very rewarding, I might add. But it always leaves you craving more once it is over…”

With the alcohol now coursing through her system, Geraldine was struggling to stop the essence of her selfish desires and disquieting actions from seeping into her words. Her often impeccable act was beginning to slip, and she hurried for a change of scenery to try and escape the inevitable.

“I need more wine and very much crave some fresh air. Mr. Silph, accompany me for a moment?” Geraldine held out her free hand towards him. While sounding harmless, an underlying tone clouded the words: she was not asking, she was telling.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 4:46:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her tease is met with an equally innocent smile. play it coy and maintain the sense of pleasantries. he's yet to master the art of socializing among the many shrewd people who make up the world's upper echelon but he's been exposed to the basics. "ah. i suppose you're tilling my fields. quite impressive." there's a hidden meaning in there somewhere - something he isn't even cognizant of until it slips his lips. tch.

"i can only imagine. i don't have the priviledge but i must try it for myself one day." there's more to that statement. he can go on and on, all boring, all practiced. but geraldine never lets him finish. her interruption promises something more interesting, something beyond simple words and a skill check of verbal tact.

he takes her hand without second thought, unaware of her festering need. she is the leader and he is her expectant follower.

@geraldine
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 19:38:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She smiled a knowing smile at his reply, but did not word a response. Her eyes were a response enough. Low and deep, and almost challenging. She was tilling the fields alright, but it was whether she could plant what she wanted that would give the impression she was after.

“I don’t know if the field would suit you, Mr. Silph,” Geraldine spoke slowly, calculating. An underlying layer of amusement coated her words. “No meeting could prepare you for what you have to face out there.”

Fernando’s hand was now in hers, and without hesitation, she led them into the crowd. She moved quickly, her body easily slipping past others as she approached a set of double doors leading out onto a large balcony. Noticing a waiter with wine, she paused momentarily to allow him to fill her glass, before opening the doors to the cool air of night.

The moon was fall and the sky filled with the white of stars. She paused, his hand still in hers, before she released a breath, as if releasing the tension and facade she had so carefully layered for the past hours. She released his hand.

“Ah… Just what I needed.” She sipped at her wine between words, leaning on the balcony wall and staring ahead at the large garden that spanned outward before them. 

“It is - interesting, how influential your company has become recently, Mr. Silph. You and your Father must be pleased with the progress you've had. I wonder if it will be able to stand the test of time, though I'm sure it will.” Her tone was different. Slower. She was silent for a few moments.

"I apologise, I forgot to ask if would you like a beverage?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
COLLATION [flashback]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 2:37:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her challenge is met with a flirting gaze of his own. the allusion behind her comments are met with ignorance hence the fearless pull to match her subtle, concealed demands.

the pull to follow takes him off his feet. his larger, less shapely frame requires him to be nimble and persuasive. a clear cut of his narrowed, reprimanding glare wards off anyone in his way. whatever geraldine has in mind, which he has no clue to, has peaked his interest to the point of need. the stoppage for refreshment is puzzling but he attributes it to the alcohol.

his gaze averts from her to the scenery beyond them. ultimately, he considers her puzzling before anything else but lets the thought fester. somewhere, behind the veil, lies a purpose - or so he tells himself. it's the only way he can reason out the enigmatic suddenness of it all.

her praise, her slur, the way it all combines. he's left unsure but paints himself with a somberness that betrays neither emotions. his face numbs itself to expression, instead left staring intently, waiting. "a trial i've yet to see." an empty remark left to dangle between them. it settles too with an awkwardness he's unfamiliar with navigating.

he eyes her glass and then her lips. alcohol is a hazard and should be treated as such. still, something deep edges him toward the wrong choice and he lets it take hold. "you seem to be enjoying yourself miss vincent. i suppose a taste of wine would do me good as well."

@geraldine