you raise me up [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
you raise me up [c]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2018 3:02:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dilyrics3"]Your lips feel warm to the touch You can bring me back to life On the outside you're ablaze and alive But
[attr="class","dilyric3"]you're dead inside
[attr="class","dibody3"]nyx would be humming, sitting in a rather big chair in the home she grew up in. she would be laying across it with her back against one arm and her legs dangling across the other. the young girl would be reading. well, doing her homework to be exact. how much she despised her school work. "why do i have to do this again, mr. blackwell? is this going to be important to me later?"

in her hands would be a book on hoenn history, which will most likely change after this year since rocket had taken over slateport. giving a sigh, she shifted into a normal sitting position. "like...why do i need to know history? it changes everyday anyway..."

curled up at her feet was chaos the absol, giving a soft yawn before it moved to look up at his trainer. "sol...ab...absol." it said in a rather dull tone. she nodded slightly, as if she understood exactly what he was saying. "see? chaos thinks the same thing." she then looked over to the desk that had been placed in the room.

team rocket had made this place their headquarters, which was fine with nyx since this was her old home and she could be in her old bedroom.

[attr="class","ditags3"] &

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics3]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric3]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#972a30;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dibody3 b]color:#972a30;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags3]font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;margin-top:5px;color:#777;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags3 a]color:#972a30;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
you raise me up [c]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 6:53:43 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

They broke the fucking power plant. [break][break]

Desmond Kelley did not have the time to enjoy the spoils that victory brought. One moment, he was sipping champagne as Slateport burned before his eyes. The next? He was flown to the Power Plant, instructed that he was the only one that could restore the structure back to working order because he was one of the few that was qualified to repair it; while the thought of Rocket depending on him was welcomed, the degradation of being a repairman was not. He kept his displeasure reigned. As much as he wanted to vent his frustrations at someone's inability to hit an off switch, he knew that the situation was being handled.[break][break]

He was the fair-haired Rocket member. If he was pampered, then the least he could do was suffer through these small inconveniences; for the organization, he would do anything. It had liberated him. It was the only place that let him be true to the man that he was.[break][break]

Long gone were the suits. Long gone were the vests. Desmond Kelley arrived at one of the few houses that remained standing in a pair of jeans and a white, buttoned up shirt. As one of the few places left standing, it became a hub for the grunts that were passing through. The suggestion of this being a base was only presumed by the innocent, who knew not of what Rocket could do. Grease stained his elbows and his shirt. His polished shoes were scuffed. His hair was askew. He hadn't worked this hard since he had been in his undergrad–and Desmond did not miss it.[break][break]

Straight through the living room. Straight past the table that was drenched with maps that detailed the city. Straight past the child. Straight to the kitchen, to the fridge, where he fetched the tall bottle of water. In the distance, he can hear the rumbling of a petrol powered generator–he'd be damned if he drank something that was lukewarm. He was not an animal.[break][break]

Wait. A child? His eyes could have glazed over as he glanced back into the living room, seeking sight of the only person he could respect at this time; Silas.[break][break]
tags &

[attr="class","meulk"]MADE BY MEULK

[newclass=.hth]font-family:arial;font-size:7.5pt;color:#424242;text-align:justify;padding:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hth b]font-family:georgia;font-size:8pt;color:#965353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hth i]font-family:georgia;color:#965353;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.meulk]font-family:verdana;font-size:5pt;font-weight:bold;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
you raise me up [c]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 20:16:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","dilyrics3"]Your lips feel warm to the touch You can bring me back to life On the outside you're ablaze and alive But
[attr="class","dilyric3"]you're dead inside
[attr="class","dibody3"]nyx would just sigh softly, seeing as how her adoptive father wouldn't respond to her right away at all. 'guess he's busy with something, oh well.' she thought, going back to humming and reading her history book. it wasn't long before she heard a noise, causing her to tilt her head in curiousity as she watched the much older man in rather fancy looking clothes walk by the living room.

nyx grinned a bit as he passed. he kind of reminded her of the butler she once had a long time ago named charles. ah, that man was a wonderful person. he always played with her and took her places. once she was forced to live on the streets, however, he up and went back home to unova. 'that jerk, just up and abandoning me like that.'

she watched again as the man came back. the young child deciding it was a good time to greet the male. "hello! i'm nyx!" she exclaimed happily. chaos just stared at the man, recognizing him as a fellow rocket from before he was given to nyx. the absol yawned and curled up again, closing his eyes.

[attr="class","ditags3"] &

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.dilyrics3]width:120px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:7px;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;color:#888;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dilyric3]font-family:Oswald;font-size:15px;color:#972a30;width:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.dibody3 b]color:#972a30;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags3]font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;margin-top:5px;color:#777;line-height:13px;text-align:center;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ditags3 a]color:#972a30;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
you raise me up [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2018 18:29:08 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

If Desmond were made aware of the comparisons Nyx made in her own mind, he would laugh.[break][break]

The man was not a butler. He was far from it. “Hm?” Unable to find Silas in the room, he let his eyes drift back to the child–no, the teenager–as she approached him. The immediate optimism made his hand clench the glass, as he wondered what someone like this was doing in this building. Another child recruited to the ranks? Really?[break][break]

He chugged down the rest of the water, wondering if these desperate souls would have been best left to the streets than ushered into the Rocket's name. Which would be kinder? The Head Scientist cannot say.[break][break]

There was a click as the glass was returned to the counter. “Where's your underboss?” And why were they letting the grunts lounge in this building when there was work to be done?[break][break]
tags &

[newclass=.hth]font-family:arial;font-size:7.5pt;color:#424242;text-align:justify;padding:60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.meulk]font-family:verdana;font-size:5pt;font-weight:bold;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
you raise me up [c]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2018 18:54:23 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

the old bloodworth home is nothing more than a base because of the safety it brings. no one knows of its importance, not even desmond, and he intends to keep it that way because weaknesses can be exploited, and in this day and age, death usually comes from it.

there's too much work to be done to be lounging around. which is why he's on his phone outside, speaking to various people about various matters that take up far too much of his time. by the time he hangs up, desmond has already made his presence known to the child.

but silas doesn't make his presence known yet. he stands waiting behind a corner, listening as his fingers tap away at his phone, too preoccupied to entertain desmond or nyx at the moment. but he listens. 

&

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
you raise me up [c]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2018 3:26:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

nyx would tilt her head a bit before grinning to desmond happily. "underboss? oh no, sir. i do not answer to an underboss. i answer to mr. blackwell only." she then gives a wicked little smile, one that seemed to strange for someone her age to give unless she had definitely seen some shit in her life time.

the absol would stand now, one that desmond probably had seen before in silas' ranks. it stood up beside nyx and stared at the head scientist. he tilted his head a bit. the young girl then hummed lightly as she moved closer. "now, who are you? i don't really know any of the other rocket people because i stay with mr. blackwell at all times unless he tells me to stay put. which...is more often then not."

she didn't even notice the fact silas was in a different room keeping an eye on them, either.

tags:
notes: template change!

close tab

played by

rascal

rascal
he/him
rocket underboss
head scientist
24 height
24 height
awards
75 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desmond
Desmond Kelley
you raise me up [c]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2018 19:44:43 GMT
Desmond Kelley Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","hth"]

Not another one.[break][break]

Desmond Kelley pinched the bridge of his nose, releasing an audible sigh as this girl regaled him with her thinly veiled hostility. Only answered to Silas Blackwell, huh? Oh, the naivety. Oh, the deception. “So, you're just here to amuse? I doubt that.” Because a Rocket that was ordered to sit around and wait was no better than a pawn on a shelf. [break][break]

Being told to stay put should have been seen as an insult. “I do hope you've conjured some sort of purpose that you wish to strive for–we all serve him. Keeping his company is not sufficient,” nor was it something that Desmond recommended for anyone, much less a child.[break][break]

He stared at the absol with a familiar gaze; a familiar cruelty. The creature would sense the disturbance, as if Desmond were a man that had wrought disaster–because the invasion of Slateport had been a slaughter of his own design. Silas served the outline. He served the realization.[break][break]

Just a shame the Power Plant had to be fucking destroyed.[break][break]

“If you do not know me, then may I advise that you tread lightly,” he brought down the glass, crossing his arms over his chest. The girl had not dwelt in the company of the Rocket Boss for very long, if this was the case. [break][break]

“Others will not humor your ignorance. I imagine you have already been told this,” because all under bosses served as his lapdogs. They all functioned as pets to be praised... or abused. The constant struggle to earn the attention of the Rocket Boss was beneath Desmond. He did not have to pit himself against others to earn an audience.[break][break]
tags &

close tab

played by

noodles

SILAS
HE/HIM
TWENTY-NINE
rocket boss
BOSS
30 height
30 height
awards
234 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silas
SILAS BLACKWELL
you raise me up [c]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2018 16:19:39 GMT
SILAS BLACKWELL Avatar

she has been told that on multiple occasions, but perhaps some people learn best through experience. tough love is a thing that he's accustomed to; it's what he exercises and it's the main reason why he's still stood behind the wall listening instead of stepping in.

the conversation on his phone has long ended but he doesn't move. there are lessons for nyx to learn that he cannot teach.

desmond, however, can.

and he will.

because silas knows nyx and knows that she won't take kindly to gramps' words. she'll fight and retaliate and that's one of the reasons why he's taken a liking to her. but it might also be what causes her downfall.

&

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
you raise me up [c]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 6:01:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

her reply to him only warranted the response she was honestly looking for. he would be fun to mess with, but she knew better than to upset someone who probably had a higher standing than her. taking a soft breath, her smile then turned to one that was sweet and playful. nyx's plan was to win over as many of the rocket's as possible that were in a higher position. it would definitely make her life easier.

"of course not, mister. i am here to learn as much as i can as a rocket. i wish to become as strong as mr. blackwell." she replied with a cheerful response. her head tilted as he spoke once more. was that a warning? nyx raised an eyebrow before looking to chaos who slowly moved over to the young girl and gave desmond a low growl. chaos was told to protect the girl and he would, no matter who it was. this was a warning to desmond as to not even think about laying a hand on her.

so far nyx liked this man even though he seemed like he had a stick up his ass. "ignorance? i have no clue what you mean. besides, if it wasn't for me...you wouldn't be in this home as i was the one who pointed it out to mr. blackwell. this was my home in the past....and it is my home now." the young girl spoke, her voice light and cheerful. however, underneath it held annoyance.

tags:
notes: sorry it took me so long >.>