TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2018 22:10:16 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words post-council

Was she angry? Oh yes. Beyond angry. The young woman had been pacing outside the front steps of the League HQ building for almost an hour now. At this rate, she was likely to wear in a nice groove into the stone walkway. Her head was down, shoulders hunched, steam billowing out of her ears. Her cheeks were aflame with emotion and her eyes were wild with angry tears.

Following her every move at a slightly slower pace was a tiny Castform. His worried expression sometimes matched Stormy's. Whenever she began to look about to cry, the strange Pokemon would spill tears and transform into a little water droplet. However, if she began to curse and talk shit under her breath and grow heated and angry.. he would burst into a fiery little sun and put on a less than convincing mean face. This happened countless times, enough that it had begun to cause a scene.

By now Stormy seemed to have found the courage to storm her way through the front doors of the extravagant office building. The murderous look plastered across her pale face startled the poor young woman behind the counter. She bounced up from her seat in surprise, hands trembling as she reached for the phone. She was probably about to call security. Stormy slammed her hand down on the desk before the woman could bring the phone to her ear.

"Is Fernando Silph in? I'd like to speak with him," she said.

Though the look in her eyes suggested anything but a friendly visitation, the receptionist did her best to seem cheery.

"G-good morning, ma'am. U-uh.. do you have a... a scheduled appointment?" she said, trying to keep her voice steady. It wasn't fooling anyone though.

"I don't really think I need an appointment to speak with my brother. Where is he?" Stormy said, quite calmly. She may have been shaking with anger, but she wasn't really yelling.. yet.

The receptionist looked distraught, unsure how to respond. She held the phone in her hands tight till her knuckles turned white. A bead of nervous sweat slipped down the side of her temple. Stormy, on the other hand, continued to tap her foot on the floor and lean forwards on the woman's desk to try and appear a little more threatening. Really, she looked like a child throwing a tantrum.

Not far behind Stormy was her Castform, taking on the sunny version of himself. He continued to burn brightly in reflection of Stormy's bad attitude.
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2018 22:30:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"silph, sir? you have a guest..." the worry in her face never disappears. whatever fernando says on the other end doesn't bring her any comfort. it's evident by the way her expression never changes. stormy still looms before her, applying a pressure that makes the call more intense than it needs to be. "she says she's your sister."

there's a moment of silence as the receptionist listens to his commands. "g-go ahead," she stammers to stormy. "he's upstairs in the large conference room. after you hit the stairs go straight and the third left." only after stormy leave does the receptionist relax, letting out an audible exhale as the moment of terror passes. what a nightmare.

fernando awaits in his office, unfazed by the claim. sister? he has many in name but none of them hold any real relationship to him. they're remnants of a dynasty that no longer exists. silph belongs to him and only him. these proxies no longer serve the same purpose they were raised for. he doesn't concern himself with matters of trivial trash-- they share no blood and therefore lack the innate talent of his bloodline.

should she intrude into his office, she'll find two magnetons stationed on either corners of the office. their MAGNET PULL is a safeguard against intruders, able to pry any metallic objects from anyone who dares enter through the doors. a riolu, kirlia, and gardevoir remain scattered throughout the large, barren office. their purpose lies in reconnaissance. fernando will not be a victim. what happened to was unfortunate but preventable with the proper safeguards. in this regard, he leaves no loose ends.

FUTURE SIGHT grants them the FORESIGHT to know when she's going to enter before her hand ever touches the door.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 3:17:46 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words post-council

Stormy can feel her heart pounding in her chest like drums. Each beat seemed to drown out the noise in her ears. She could feel the blood rushing to her head in a stress headache. Suddenly, she was getting cold feet. Where at once she was shaking with anger, now she was feeling the cold sweat of shock.

So he really was here? He really was part of some new corporation or something? She had almost hoped for it to not be true. She knew that Fernando hadn't really abandoned Silph Co. for whatever this was.. but the fact he had moved on so quickly from anything from his past made her struggle to swallow the pit in her throat.

As the pit sank into her belly, she steeled herself in the direction the receptionist pointed to. Under her breath, Stormy counts the doors that she had been given direction to. The young woman clenches and unclenches her fist. Her knuckles turn white, then red, her nails digging into her palms and leaving grooves. The Castform continued to follow her, his tiny body ablaze in warm light.

< Hey, a-are you sure about this? > he asked, his voice small and worried. There's a bit of a tremble in his tone.

"Of course not, you coward. I've come this far, I'm not about to turn back now," she snapped back, her voice cold. Whatever anxiety she had before is now gone. She couldn't be afraid if her Pokemon was, that was embarrassing. The dark-haired woman sucked in a breath as she came across the name plating of the door she was looking for.

'FERNANDO SILPH'

It even looked shiny and new. She almost spat on it but instead opted for a more aggressive approach. It was as if she was overcome with a sudden adrenaline rush, and her leg kicked out to try and break open the door. She could hear the hinges squealing, and she only prayed that the door wasn't as brand new as the nameplate.

This time, she sucked in her breath because of the sharp pain in the bottom of her foot. Wincing, she pushed open the door if she had not already broken it down, entering with a very cold look in her face. For the moment, the heat had all but washed out... possibly due to the throbbing in her foot.

"Great day, eh, Fernando? I think we need to have a chat."

The Castform winced in the background, looking a little paler than usual.
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 3:27:24 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the door buckles under her mighty kick. it swings open and fernando doesn't even raise his head from the paperwork the flirts underneath his hand. he's busily scribbling something down, filling out blank fields, and approving new amendments that will further establish his goals under the farce of a changed administration. when the doors swing back to close on her, bouncing back from the momentum she placed on them, stormy will have to resort to opening them with a little less force. perhaps its the pain in her foot that tempers her aggression. fernando doesn't know nor does he care.

"what do you want, bronwen?" his eyes never the paper that moves from in front of him to a stack by his right hand. with a shake of his hand, to re-ink his pen, he takes another from the pile on his left.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 3:36:14 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words post-council

Hearing him refer to her as her given name is like a slap in the face. The sting of it leaves colour in her cheeks, even despite her efforts to remain cool.

Stormy's deep crimson eyes take quick note of his indifference. The fact that his piercing blue eyes haven't lifted from his paperwork and the fact that his face remains emotionless and uncaring further drives the proverbial splinter deeper into her skin. She feels her shoulders tense up, building tiny knots that are going to make it difficult for her to sleep with.

Now that the throbbing in her foot has gone from an angry roar to a dull pulse, she can finally voice her thoughts.

"It's Stormy, actually. But of course, you wouldn't know that because you're an uncaring dirtbag like you've always been." Stormy clears her throat, finally taking note of the two Magneton guarding either side of the room. Her eyebrows form a glare, and she turns to look at Fernando all while waving her hand to address his guards.

"Is this where you were when Silph Co. went up in smoke? What, you get tired of being under the suffocating stare of mom and dad so you move into the next big thing? I want to know what the fuck happened back home. I get a phone call from you saying our parents are dead. You don't even look like you care, which honestly isn't a surprise. You've always been cold."
deltra of gangnam style

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 3:52:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"..."

fernando doesn't dignify her with a response. at first. he waits for her to finish her rant, to dig into him, to slap him with every discontent in her arsenal. and, ultimately, he doesn't care. she's just a little girl who's mixed up in a world outside of her league. her pettiness is enough to prove that the silphs had been wrong about her. unfortunately, they're dead. there's no one to protect her from his wrath, whether it be physical or verbal.

"i was in the same position as yourself-- stuck abroad. unlike you, i had the mind to return home and try to salvage what was left. that's why you got a call--" he pauses to lick his thumb, using it to flip onto the next page. stormy's left there in silence, mid-sentence as fernando skims the first few lines of the document. only when he recognizes what he's reading does he return to berating her. "--because i cared enough to go home and check on things."

only now does he spare him his attention. his head rises and his eyes meet hers. they're cold, calculating, and represent all the ill intent that stormy perceives him to be. they narrow when he realizes who he's talking to: someone too old to be complaining about mommy and daddy.

"you're about a year late to be inquiring about this now, stormy."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 4:09:38 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words post-council

She is not afraid of him. She can't be. She can't let the fact that his cold, calculating eyes barely lifted from the paper. That his tongue brushed against his thumb to help him turn the page. Every single movement of his was so simple, so precise. She couldn't let that get to her, even as it began to make her skin crawl.

It just occurred to her that she had never really chosen to get to know her older brother. He had always been an anomaly and a prize. She had been bitter and hateful and refused to accept him at the time. So, she had pushed herself away and made the conscious decision not to properly meet him. That had been all fine and dandy up until this point. She had no leverage on him, no way of knowing who he was or what he was capable of.

And the fact that he sat in stone cold silence while her words cut through the stale air.. she was now struggling to pretend that he wasn't making her nervous.

Stormy blinked as his eyes lifted to meet hers. She felt the thickness in her throat return. That inability to prpoperly swallow. What was happening? She was supposed to be the one doing the intimidating.

"As the heir to the company, I don't think it was in your best interest to have been abroad. I think you made a mistake even coming back home. Clearly you don't care enough about this family, Fernando, otherwise you wouldn't have left it all over again." she hissed, and her voice was surprisingly steady.

His words were cutting deep, though. He wasn't exactly wrong, she hadn't cared enough at the time. But she hadn't asked for them to die.

What set her off, however, was Fernando's blatant accusation that she had waited too long to be bringing up the past.

"You were impossible to find and get ahold of, brother. You called everyone and then jumped ship like the coward you are. You couldn't face us, could you? I tried finding answers. You were the only one who knows what happened, and you wouldn't pick up the fucking phone. You disappeared."

The Castform continued to quake with fear, he was now looking at both Magneton with wide eyes.
deltra of gangnam style

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 4:22:36 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"father would have disagreed with you," is his answer to her first claim. "seeing as he was the one who sent me away." a simple way to shut her down with a point she can't invalidate. although fernando has no interest in his siblings he still has some semblance of their hierarchy. to go against their parents wishes. to renounce their decision, would be the only way for her to surprise him.

"i told everyone to come home immediately. evelynn showed up. the rest of you didn't and rocket wouldn't wait just because you couldn't get home in a timely manner, stormy. i don't have time to waste on someone who's incapable of even doing that." fernando returns to the paper work. he's done with her, for now. "if you couldn't find me, if you couldn't find the answer yourself, then you're not fit to be a silph. the silph name is a privilege, not a right. we have no room for the incompetent."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 4:41:38 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words post-council

Honestly, Stormy can't help but feel a little bit shocked. He meant to tell her that father permitted him to go? That sounded like a whole stinking pile of Rapidash's dung, if she was being completely honest.

"Do you really think I'd believe something that completely insane? Mother would never have agreed to allowing you to leave. She obsessed over you endlessly when you finally decided to return home."

However, Fernando continued to spread falsehoods and lies. The mention of Songbird made Stormy's blood boil. The young woman's ears turned red hot with rage. She stepped forward to confront her older brother. She refused to let him intimidate her. She wasn't a cowardly child anymore. She never really had been to begin with, but she wasn't about to succumb to weakness now.

"Were you even there, Fernando? Because I was. I tried to fight off Team Rocket, but there were so many. I did not, however, find any evidence that you or Eve were there. By the time I reached the front steps, everyone had evacuated or were murdered."

There was hate thick in her voice. Fernando's attention seemed to have completely returned to his work at this point. He seemed to think that their conversation was over.

Adrenaline encouraged her to do something she might regret. The young woman had finally had enough of being ignored and set aside for 'more important' things. She slammed her fists onto his desk, attempting to rip away the paperwork he was so clearly invested in.

"Will you pay attention to me, Fernando? What the fuck is wrong with you that you don't give a damn what happened back there? Kanto is gone and all you can think about is this place? Do you have no loyalty? I haven't been able to find Eve either. Everyone is gone, brother - everything is gone and you just sit here in your comfy office chair pretending like your life is absolutely goddamn perfect!"
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 4:57:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he's tolerated her this far. this changes when she dares to intrude on his work. the moment her hand strays to grapple at his papers, he swats her away with a vicious slap. the one that succeeds it comes in the form of a thorough tongue lashing. if only she knew better than to tempt fate. fernando holds nothing back as he berates her. that's the price of interrupting his work.

"rockets razed kanto a year ago and they started to expand into hoenn. slateport fell weeks ago. hundreds dead, thousands injured. the comissioner has been kidnapped, the council has been impeached, and hoenn lacks the personnel, resources, and will to repel rocket from advancing."

the riolu approaches but doesn't interfere. although this is a matter between humans, fernando has no qualms with letting his pokemon handle this. rocket isn't the only organization that allows pokemon to act on humans. not after slateport, not after the carnage that soaks the streets in the blood of those that refuse to fight back.

"rocket will not pause they're efforts because you're incapable of doing anything yourself and i will not let rocket claim another region. so, here i am, doing my job as a council member to ensure that silph co. has the correct provisions and supply chain to make sure that the hundreds of hungry, homeless, and injured victims of team rocket's attack have something to eat and somewhere to stay. if you have a problem with that, you're free to go outside and tell the refugees to go fuck off because you can't feed yourself since you're so used to having a silver spoon shoved straight up your ass, bronwen."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 5:19:05 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words post-council

Pain spikes up her forearm as his hand slaps against her skin. The sensation is sharp, and she retracts her hand immediately. A welt has already begun to rise against her sensitive pale skin, and she looks at Fernando with renewed hatred. The Castform immediately runs to his trainers aid, attempting to soothe the redness with his rapidly cooling body. He was making the attempt to brind her aid, but the woman slapped him away as well.

Crestfallen, the Castform fell back to watch her with sorrowful eyes. She was under so much stress and he was helpless.

Stormy had other things on her mind all of a sudden though. Although the tongue lashing was meant to have been a warning or a reprimand, she felt only shock and horror. She had heard recently about the battle at Slateport city, but she had not heard about the damage that had been done.

"Hoenn is under attack as well?" she breathed in barely a whisper, disbelief evident in the way she spoke. She blinked, shaking her head to bring her back to attention.

Stormy stares at her older brother with some form of retracted hatred. Although its clear she still despises him and distrusts him, the news he has brought her has changed her tune for the time being.

"Never mind you consistently assuming I'm worthless. Is there anything I can do to help? I refuse to stand idly by while you take all the credit for saving this region. I'd like to help where I can, brother. Please."

Just saying please sent a shiver down her spine, a memory from a life she once lived. When the Silph's had ingrained rigid structure and politeness and some sort of 'your highness' sort of customs. They had been highly intelligent and wealthy people, so they had ensured their children acted like it.

She did not even react as he spat out 'Bronwen' in the hateful way that he did. Differences aside, Stormy would do anything for this city, this region, even if she couldn't stand to look at Fernando.
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 5:24:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
unbelievable. fernando isn't sure whether she's truly incapable or just ignorant. regardless, it get her off his case. guilt was, and still is, one of his greatest weapons.

"if you want to help, get out of my office," is his answer. "and stop bothering me."

he pauses, thinking for a moment, before he resumes his paper work. "if you can't find something to do to help then you're incapable of helping."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 5:36:48 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words post-council

Typical. Even though she had shown her belly and attempted to smooth things over, he was still crotchety and crass. She could have sworn him to be a grumpy old man.

"You keep using the word 'incapable'. Is that the extent of your vocabulary? I wouldn't be surprised, seeing as you'd been missing for how many years? Sitting behind a desk acting all high and mighty really suits you, brother."

The woman turned, looking down at him with disdain as he continued to sit in his chair. Without another word or insult to throw over her shoulder, she made her way to his door. When she left, she made a point to slam his door behind her. If he was going to continue to treat her like a worthless scuff of dirt on his shoe, she was more than happy to show him the same kind of love right back.

Castform anxiously zipped out after her, worried she might leave him behind with the scary old man. He barely squeezed through the door as it slammed closed.
deltra of gangnam style

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
family reunion [closed]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 5:43:13 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the clap back in instant. "you can't come home on time. you can't find the answers you need. you can't keep up with current events. you can't even be useful to the region you're leeching off." he scoffs. another paper joins the pile of those that are done. the conversation keeps him on his toes, making filling out the papers faster than usual. "you can't even find your brother who's been slaving away, fighting legendary pokemon, pushing back team rocket, and earning his spot as one of the council members of hoenn."

even after the door closes on him, he continues on, only after he guesses that she's out of earshot does he relent.