close tab

played by

Tagger

he/him/his
rocket grunt
Grunt
1 height
1 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @johnnyboy
jacob berwick
The Art of Theft (Mission)
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 9:52:00 GMT
jacob berwick Avatar
"What the hell am I doing with my life!?", Jacob would internally question himself.

The day would've been spent blending in with the crowds in the Lilycove Museum, casing the place as he was told to do. While he wasn't the one doing the planning, being brought onto the job more for muscle than anything, Jacob figured that he'd at least learn the layout of the place by doing a thorough tour of the place. Having been dressed in casual attire, with a bandage covering his tattoo, Jacob managed to blend in just fine. The fact that he had a bandage on his head was easily overlooked as just another wound incurred during a trainer's journey, an extremely common occurrence.

Art was never the Unovan's forte. Nevertheless, the redhead did his best to blend in with the crowd, while taking in the layout of the museum, looking out for potential escape routes. His cohorts, who he did not identify, would've not only done this as well, but would've probably done a better job at casing the place, especially if they knew what sort of things to look out for. But at least Jacob got to take in the floor of the place while he was there.

Having dressed himself up in far more fitting attire for the heist, attire which would cover his body and be suitable for blending into the shadows, along with a balaclava worn rolled up like a beanie, Jacob waited at the rendezvous point that he was told to meet up at. Being unable to eat or sleep out of nervousness for the task, all Jacob could do was arrive somewhat early, and keep a low profile while waiting for his cohorts.

The fact that he was the muscle made him nervous, given that he wasn't the most apt of combatants. But then, it made him wonder about the other two, if he were the muscle.

@arthurwright @kurogane

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2018 10:40:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
421 for @kurogane
one other reason he was here in lilycove was that he was assigned a random task to be the curator of an art museum. well, rather, he was to curate which pieces were the best to steal. taking any painting willy nilly could mean loses on rocket's part, and while they had their hand on slateport, it did not mean that the other cities were easy pickings. thus, this was really more of undercover than anything else. sure it was going to raise some alarms the next morning, but at least they would be able to make a couple hundred grand by then. no harm in getting more money, really. he was sure that his two companions would appreciate the cut.

he made sure to take a good look around the museum and study each and every piece. expensive, lofty education included art history, so some of these were actually vaguely familiar, though price tags in the black market were another matter entirely. he was on his device half of the time, comparing both legal numbers and illegal numbers. counterfeit was of course a trend, so some of these paintings were not as highly valued as they once were, but there were still a fair number of art collectors out there that know their stuff. they would know that these are the real deal. arthur had to consider though the limitation of their small group. one was better than three, but he was not sure of how many guards the night shift had, which meant that he had to pick the top three (five?) paintings that he could hash out with his companions later. duosion could maybe carry the painting for a while, but his power might not last very long, especially if it were a heavily framed one. nonetheless, he made his choices and decided to wait out the time until rendezvous rolled in.

arthur loathed the thought of dying his hair, but it did stick out in the darkness, so he had brought a cap to help hide it. he saw that one person was already there, and by his getup it was clear that he was planning to steal something. he walked up to him casually; his expression nonchalant. "i take it you're here to carry the cargo?" he asked quietly, even if there was barely around at this time of day. arthur's hands were in his pocket, wondering if this was...err, he had forgotten their names, but it was...jacob, was it? or whoever that other guy was.

heeere we go

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2018 11:17:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the things that you might like don't grow inside of me
Kurogane was not a happy man.

Typically speaking, this wasn't the case. Left to his own devices he was typically quite optimistic, generally always of the belief that something had a silver lining and could be made to work. It wasn't a matter of blind faith, either, but of pragmatism. People who simply gave up and assumed defeat never really made it far in life - even the smallest of stumbling blocks could send them back to nothing or halt their progress forward entirely, while those who saw opportunities for what they were often found success where they least expected it. It was a lesson that Kurogane had taken to heart from a very early age, and it had served him quite well since.

And, more than anything, that seemed to be the core of Silas Blackwell's nature, his reason for being. On paper, exactly the kind of man that Kurogane would have wanted to work for - someone he could respect, and the kind of person he had practically been raised to be himself.

So why did he feel so uneasy, especially after the success in taking Slateport?

Maybe it was the pyrrhic nature of the win as Slateport wasn't the prize they'd assumed it would be, shipyards practically destroyed and the city itself still without power... but Kurogane doubted it. If it were that easily explained he could've simply waved the thought away. More to the point he would've been quite happy with the job he'd been given here in Lilycove, work far closer to his preferred style of subtlety over force, precision and finesse over dumb muscle. It had always been the type of work that Kurogane had found himself quite good at, and the kind that had allowed him to rather easily show his face in public. White collar crime wasn't the sort where the people chasing you knew you until you were already caught and your involvement could be proven, and it was for that reason he'd been able to waltz right into the museum without a care in the world.

Too bad for them. The place had impressive security, but... as with most things modern, they tended to value technology over practicality, believing that sophistication made it harder to beat. Machines were easy to break and fool, and their interconnected nature would be their downfall tonight - Kurogane wasn't entirely certain what his other allies in this endeavor were doing as he'd yet to actually meet them face to face, but if everything went as planned it was a job that could conceivably be carried out with a single person. Additional hands would just make it that much easier.

"With any luck. Supposedly he's our 'muscle' but I don't think it'll come to that." Kurogane said, approaching the meeting point as another individual already there spoke - judging from the words spoken, likely the art expert who was picking what they'd be taking. Which meant that the other guy was pretty much as his title implied, a grunt. Unlike the other two individuals present Kurogane wore nothing to cover his face, simply dressed in the sleek black suit he normally wore that blended in quite well with the darkness around them - the longcoat worn over that only further serving to blur his overall frame.

"Left a little something during a visit earlier today, cameras shouldn't be a concern. That just leaves the guards and we shouldn't have to fight them at all unless we encounter a group."

@arthurwright, johnnyboy
made by duet of gs
close tab

played by

Tagger

he/him/his
rocket grunt
Grunt
1 height
1 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @johnnyboy
jacob berwick
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2018 8:23:50 GMT
jacob berwick Avatar
The silence was broken by another man dressed in dark clothing, donning a cap to cover his head as well. When questioned on his role, Jacob would simply nod to the man. He would then turn his attention to the third man who walked in, a sharply dressed man who also managed to blend in with the darkness, before looking back down in submission. It was clear that despite all three of them being grunts, Jacob saw himself at the bottom of the proverbial totem pole. After all, while the two men before him had some sort of talent that made them vital to such an operation, Jacob was merely here to act as muscle, and therefore was the most expendable of the group by far.

As Kurogane mentioned having put something in place to deal with the cameras, Jacob looked back up at him. "I don't know how much help it'd be, but I have a Zorua on me, if we need a distraction.", he would chime in nervously. A Zoroark would've been much better, if he were competent enough to evolve it, but he'd take what he could get.

Despite his role as muscle of the group, his demeanor was obviously nervous and submissive. If anything, he was more of a manservant to the two men than muscle, but if it came to it, he'd be ready to fight off any security. All he could do was trust his two seniors, and hope that they didn't try to stab him in the back. He accepted that if things went sour, they'd leave him to fend for himself, but at long as they all worked together, things should be fine, right?

@arthurwright @kurogane
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2018 12:20:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
421 for @kurogane
arthur had tipped his cap a little to the new arrival, who seemed plenty more confident than the 'grunt' that they had in front of him. why did rocket decide to send him? was it because he was expendable in case something happened? that was probably the most practical reason, but at the same time arthur didn't like it, mostly because it felt like he too was grouped into that, and he'd rather not be arrested tonight. the young man had smiled at the other's little gift. that was at least one problem solved. he was actually assuming that there would've been a hacker outside of the group somewhere that would take care of the tech in the museum, but as it turns out he was the last part of the trio. "if we play our cards right that wouldn't be necessary. i have abra as well for an emergency get away, though i admit it is unpredictable. fighting definitely is our last resort, though."

he then pulled out his holographic device, turning it on to show a rudimentary layout of the museum along with five marks of different colors. "did a little research today and these are my top five. this yellow mark is the most expensive, but at a glance it looks extremely heavy with its thick frame and large size. i was perhaps considering this green mark instead, which after bundled up should be easy to carry for our muscle here. if anything else, i have a duosion that can telepathically carry the painting for a while."

the other marks: purple, blue, and red, are all of different locations, scattered around the museum. they all had a title and an estimated value attached to them. if they could get more than one that would be a bonus more than anything else, since going to different parts of the museum felt risky on its own. there were still guards, after all, and the longer they stayed, the higher the risk of being caught. he would let the others pitch in their opinions first before they would enter. standing here huddled like this was also potentially dangerous.

you guys can make up the paintings/sculptures along with their prices if you want to !!

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2018 5:44:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the things that you might like don't grow inside of me
He would be the first to admit, this kind of preparation and subtlety was not what Kurogane had been expecting. If he were to be completely honest the knuckleheads who had not only conceived of and then botched the take over of Slateport had not left a good impression on the man. Simply the decision to try and take the League head on was a bad one - Kanto had fallen because of a heavy element of surprise and the inability to deal with a previously covert group now being led with the same kind of leadership they themselves had. Problem was that would probably only work once. The League hadn't stayed in power for so long by being unable to adapt, and this was a very risky game for a group largely made up of untrained thugs and blue collar criminals.

Remaining in the shadows were no one could see much less touch you was by far the safer long term play, and Kurogane was rather pleased to see that the other two men present were of much the same mind. Really, even the most inexperienced one seemed to have come prepared, something that immediately elevated the shorter one's standing as far as Kurogane was concerned. "Dumb" muscle may've been the role he had been given but that didn't mean the black haired man was unable to appreciate a sense of pragmatism and cleverness when he saw it.

"See, if more people thought like that..." Kurogane started, an approving expression crossing over his face at the mention of the kid's Zorua before the other one pulled a device out and turned it on, souring his mood almost as quickly.

And already a complication. If there was ever a chance that someone might get caught or left behind, simpler was better. Esoteric if you absolutely had to go for high tech. Both made it far harder to trace an object's origins, and too many thieves had found themselves caught thanks to their tools being either purchased or stolen from a different site that allowed police to construct a pattern. Something high tech like that projector? That kind of kit was bound to have a serial number etched in somewhere on it, and the fact that the guy had brought that much instead of an old fashioned map implied that there were other such belongings on his person. The guy clearly wasn't an amateur as he knew what he was talking about and had done his research, even marking potential targets for theft... but the mindset that you were too good to fail or that your toys were better than what security had was a dangerous one.

Machines were easy to break, which was exactly what had allowed Kurogane to hijack and neutralize the museum's security earlier that day. People? Not so much, which was why the guards were still a concern.

"Yeah, yeah. How about we just simplify this a bit? We've both got Abra. Mine's gotten rather good at using Teleport within buildings, and I can keep track of both you and the guards. Just pick a spot to gather everything, once that's done your Abra can get all of it and us out at the same time. No need to risk running into guards unless there's one right next to our destination." Kurogane said after a moment, pressing his index finger to an eye to rub it in mild irritation. What he wasn't saying was the reason why, though. While it did make a good deal of sense to streamline the whole process, fact was that the Map Guy made him nervous. If the police caught onto the fact that Rocket was responsible for the heist it'd likely never be possible again, especially if there were hints of superior technology being used to beat their systems. That'd bring about upgrades of the sort that made what they were doing now impossible - while Porygon could get into a network it only had access to the devices in that network, and partitioning systems was usually among the first things done in such a revamp of security.

The long and short of it? The less Map Guy was running around, the fewer chances he had of leaving something behind - be it tools or a more unique method of theft seen as a signature style - or worse, caught.

@arthurwright ,
made by duet of gs
close tab

played by

Tagger

he/him/his
rocket grunt
Grunt
1 height
1 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @johnnyboy
jacob berwick
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2018 20:24:38 GMT
jacob berwick Avatar

Jacob found himself in shock when Kurogane was praising the fact that he thought to bring up his Zorua. He didn't know how to take the compliment. In all honesty, Morrigan was simply one of his oldest companions, and while her innate abilities were useful for this line of work, especially this job, it wasn't any sort of special thinking on his part.

After the white-haired man brought out his device, he noticed Kurogane seemed to be annoyed. He had to wonder why it was that Kurogane was so annoyed at this point. Unlike Kurogane, who had the experience and intellect to go through jobs like this, Jacob had primarily been used as cannon fodder by Team Rocket, despite the fact that his team wasn't evolved at all, save for the Pangoro he caught after the Slateport Invasion.

"I do have one more question. We... we going into the basement, if things go well, or we not gonna risk it?", he'd nervously chime in.

tags: @arthurwright @kurogane
notes: Sorry this took so long. He's ready to go when they are