THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 6:09:21 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

But I can feel a kick down in my soul, And it's pulling me back to earth to let me know I am not a slave, can't be contained. So pick me from the dark and pull me from the grave 'Cause I still feel alive. When it is hopeless, I start to notice.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

Bailey remembered how shaken the professor had been. While it was no longer her responsibility to look out for the dweeb, she felt some degree of concern for him; he seemed so gentle. If Rocket continued to target him, she imagined it would weigh heavily on his mind.[break][break]

"Oh well," she said with a sigh. It was out of her hands, now. "I thought I'd ask," and her eyes strayed to the steady flow of people as they entered the ball. In her mind, she damned herself for getting here so quickly–getting into the dress had been so time-consuming that she had chosen to do it as soon as she could.[break][break]

Fernando's admission garnered her attention, drawing it away from the couples and their glowing faces. Maybe it surprised her to hear that shred of concern from someone that looked so...reserved? Intense? Her mind was unable to muster a word to describe his presence... and she refrained from saying good for you, and tried to think of something less crass; something that would sound genuine. "That's considerate of you. Thanks." Better than saying thanks, dude. As an officer, she had to display some level of professionalism.[break][break]

Even if it went against every fiber of her being.[break][break]

"So, does that mean you'll be stuck out here all night, or...?" Her voice trailed, waiting for his reply. Why had she asked? She wasn't sure. Maybe it was just to humor the conversation and not fall into an awkward silence. [break][break]

Why did he decide to start talking to her, anyway? Was he bored? It was a question that she does not ask.[break][break]

tldr: chit chatting with [break][break]

[break][break]
FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES ONLY :gun: :coffee:

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

the winter's ball <3

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 7:57:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Chu-e was getting a sip of his punch when he was approached. He sneered, hoping to ward them away, before he actually bothered to take a look at the guy. Wasn't this that guy with the rude booger pokemon who didn't know how to answer questions. His sneer didn't leave his face but it was a little less vicious, more of a judgmental stare as he purposefully kept drinking just to avoid talking to this guy.

"I'd prefer to not be called anything. At least I know how to brush my fucking hair, too." Looked like he didn't like the slight about cats dragging things in. Who would have guessed? Still, this was maybe a little better than just sitting by himself all night and eating all the cream puffs like he had planned to do. Now he could piss this guy off and eat all the cream puffs. It was a win-win in his mind. And, secretly, even if he didn't like this guy too much there was a little comfort in numbers. He and big crowds hadn't gotten along for a long time.

"You teach that snot-drip any manners? Or it going to float in and snatch my drink out of my hands for sport?"

@ball, @arthurwright :u

chu-e is a real charmer who drinks punch
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 8:25:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
xxx for
he tilted his head a little as he showed a smile. still as prickly as last time, though he supposed that was partially his fault. he knew that first greeting wasn't very kind, and he meant for it to be. at least he didn't get punched in the face; that was a plus. "chu-e, then, and my hair has never really gotten along well with the stylists." he responded nonchalantly, snatching one of the cream puffs from the table and taking a bite. the ball continued on even if these two gents were just standing near the table, and that was alright. each party had its own fringes, and arthur never minded being in one of them. even as a child he was never much for chatting for too long. watching people chitter and fake laugh and hold their posh drinks -- it was a familiar sight. also, he noted that the other's attempt at looking dapper was actually quite cute, to say the least. it looked haphazardly put together, but it had its own charm. he didn't dwell on that thought for very long, though.

"duosion? ah, no. he's still as naughty as ever, but none of my pokemon are out of their balls at the moment, so you do not have to worry about that." he took another small bite of the cream puff, chewed it quietly and then swallowed. "lucky for you it's just me to keep you company." he added with a small grin, and he meant that in both senses of the term. he knew that this guy didn't like him, but at least he was being tolerated for the time being. it was almost like they were playing a game on who could quip the other better into anger. "you didn't strike me as the type to go to a ball, though. were you planning on meeting anyone?"

tl;dr - arthur's going to need another cream puff soon
he's also on the second floor dining room!
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 9:53:00 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

she's not sure how this happened.

this, being the dress, the ornate ballroom, the dancers gliding across it. this, also being the fact that she is rapidly ascending the ranks of hoenn's rangers to becoming one of the most senior in the region. the promotion, she is told, is not far off. she tells herself it's due to merit ( maybe it is, she can't be objective about it ), but she also knows their sub-organisation's numbers were culled during the slateport invasion.

no one acknowledges it, but she can read the line-up changes when she logs into the system online. she can see the greyed-out names before her eyes even now. what more needs to be said?

persephone swallows the champagne but tastes nothing. she takes another glass, but can't bring herself to drink, holding the stem between her fingers, focusing on it so intensely only because it's the only tangible thing in the room.

the night is still young, and for what it is worth, she'll try to keep it under control for him. nikolai looked more in his element than she felt, but that went for almost every situation.

≫ on the outer rim of the ballroom
≫ drinking af
≫ take care of this
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 15:36:45 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"i'll be around," is the most complete yet vague answer he can give her. "enjoy yourself, miss cooper." and with that he's off. maybe it's not her forte or maybe it's him, but stopping by to start idle, empty chatter is a habit for events like these. mingling with acquaintances, even if only for a few minutes, is a staple to distributing presence and influence. it's why is stuck in the situation of having to entertain anyone who dares strike up a conversation with him after he gives them the open cue of a friendly wave.

fernando marches up the steps with a steady pace, giving off a resounding clank each time the sole of his oxfords meet the stone steps. "where is bronwen?" the call comes through his ear piece and there's radio silence on his end. only his pokemon truly understand what he means by that name. from their covert positions, none of them move, still steadied to their respective stations, but fernando can surmise her general direction from their gazes and gestures.

it doesn't take long for him to happen upon her. whether she sees him coming or not is of no consequence. he will not be deterred. his tall, dominating figure looms over her like the shadow of past. "you better be on your best behavior," he warns. "don't start any trouble tonight or there will be consequences."

› leaves bailey like daniel does 
› tracks down stormy into the front lobby
› warns her not to cause trouble 

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 15:56:38 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

Well... she thought she was home free. Stormy had, at the time, been minding her own business. She checked in under the name Silph, knowing full well that her family name would grant her access to things maybe not readily available to commoners. Even if it meant free expensive champagne, she was going for it.

Unfortunately, just as she let the door man take her coat, she heard the dreadful clanking of someone approaching her.
Normally she would have been flattered to be addressed so suddenly, but she knew who was approaching. And the feeling of dread suggested that she was right.

Fernando's grouchy tone made the young woman ball her fists in irritation. She turned around, however, with a charming smile. She batted her eyelashes innocently and dipped her head to her older brother.

"Thank you for the concern, brother, but rest assured I'll be on my best behaviour."

The brunette immediately turned on her heel to attempt to leave.

>> officially entered the ball
>> addressed jerkbag mcgee
>> promptly attempted to leave him behind
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

noodles

who knows
27 height
27 height
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @daniel
DANIEL WALKER
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 16:10:59 GMT
DANIEL WALKER Avatar

the faucet runs -- it has been for a while now as his hands have long abandoned the cool stream of water in favor of finding balance. they clutch to the front of the sink, supporting most of his weight as he looms over with his head hanging low. his breaths are short and staggered as if he's struggling for air, struggling to find any semblance of what he desires so much.

normality.

nothing has been the same since the invasion. he feels it when he walks through the streets, when he reports for league duties, even when he's alone at home. to have a winter ball of all things is baffling at first but the more he thinks about it, the more it makes sense because people need a distraction right now. it helps them stay sane.

his hands are shaking when he reaches for his phone. his fingers wet the glass surface but it doesn't matter, not when his mind's focused on something else. the phone app comes up which prompts him to tap the screen once. he holds it up to his ear.

"hey, mum. just making sure you guys are safe. yeah, we're fine. i'm actually supposed to meet up with her now. we're attending the winter ball together." 

ah, the winter ball.

he is late but he is fashionably late, though technicality makes it so that he was never late in the first place because he's been in the bathroom for a while. he leaves the ballroom and nears the entrance just in time to see her parting ways with security for the night. he was almost assigned. almost.

"cooper—" he's not at work. "bailey. you look amazing. beautiful." he almost stutters on his words but the pauses in between help him emphasize his point. he smiles as if nothing's wrong, but truthfully, in the moment, he is happy.

here with her.

"sorry for the wait. did i keep you long?" he won't give an excuse unless she asks for one. he looks at her dress, at her and showers her in silent admiration. he's not dressed too bad either, as apparent by the not-so-subtle stares from the other guests. but he doesn't notice because she has all of him. "i'll make up for it." 

as he always does.

@nice winter ball
  • very long exposition please feel free to ignore except rascal because this is for her.
  • meets up with near the entrance.
close tab

played by

NOODLES

NIKOLAI
HE/HIM
TWENTY-FIVE
CYBER BOY
GYM LEADER
37 height
37 height
awards
241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nikolai
NIKOLAI PETROV
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 16:38:22 GMT
NIKOLAI PETROV Avatar

two drinks are not enough to cast a haze over his judgement. he's at his assigned limit for the night which is shocking for someone with his reputation. but he needs his head clear -- needs it active and constantly aware of his surroundings because even though he's here under the guise of pleasure, he's here for the league, too.

he knows he still doesn't have their full trust but perhaps this could be a turning point: a change that'd benefit both sides. he can only hope.

his date's gorgeous as she always is, but tonight, she completely overshadows him. she puts him in his place and he doesn't mind it because that's where he belongs, at least for tonight. he doesn't feel alone in the shadows because he's not -- how could he be? his light is right next to him and he appreciates every bit of it.

he doesn't hold her hand like he wants to because while they've worked through the invasion, not every thing can fall back into place immediately. some things just take time.

"you're beautiful." 

the silence between them is broken as he shifts on his feet, moving so he's closer to her; so she has to look at him. "i know i keep saying it but only because it's true." he flashes her the same smile she's so familiar with and places his glass down on a random table.

"come on," he takes her by her hand. "dance with me."

≫ on the outer rim of the ballroom
≫ not drinking for once
≫ asks to dance hehe
suit ref w/o watch bc unaesthetic
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,416 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 16:39:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
He should've stayed home.

Sitting on a bench on the rose gardens, Kyle found himself burying his face on his hands as he sulked on one corner of the gardens. Regret was evident in his expression, though one would not have been able to stare at his face long enough tell. It was obvious though, especially since he was spending his time outside rather than where the crowds seem to gather.

He let his Poochyena ran amok, all six of them wearing their tiny little bow ties of different colors ranging from red to purple. They were to explore on their own, which Kyle had only assumed to be limited to the gardens. He had considered the possibility of them going inside the premises of the building, though he does not have the energy to either chase them or call them back to care at that moment.

Parties were not his thing. He had given this time a chance, wondering if he had gotten over it at some point or another. Unfortunately, he still hasn't.

tl;dr
  • Kyle at Rose Gardens sulking cause he's not a party person
  • Lets his dogs loiter.
  • feel free to use them as npcs or w/e. just no kill pls.

@event
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 19:57:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"You're asking me all these questions and haven't even told me your name. Aren't you rich bitches supposed to fall all over yourselves for that type of shit?" Chu-e spat back, placing his empty cup down a little too roughly on the self-serve table. It would be on someone else to clean up.

Chu-e moved down the table, grabbing one of the dainty plates. They were meant for just a few little nibbles but an idea was forming in his head. This guy was all posh, right? So maybe he could try and embarrass him since his attempts at pissing him off weren't working.

"I just came for the free food." Already, Chu-e was piling cream puffs in as high as stack as he could make them, using his hands to collect them off the tray instead of the delicate silver tongs provided. Now, he wasn't an animal, he knew better- but where was the fun in that? The ones that he couldn't fit on his plate he flicked into the floor and kicked under the table for good measure, except for one, which he smashed with his thumb and left on the now empty platter. He topped his cream puff plate with a single shrimp for good measure before he started to move to one of the empty tables in the corner, where he could eat like a savage and maybe spook this nerd away. "Make yourself useful and grab me another drink if you're going to buzz around, piss-ant."

@ball, @arthurwright :u

chu-e destroys the cream puffs and makes a mess, insults the only person willing to talk to him, moves to sit at an empty table in the dining room
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 21:51:22 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar

a humble smile was given to those that looked his way, his gait stopped with almost each step he took to speak to a passing guest. he was on his best behaviour, giving them a kind greeting and a longing farewell in the time it took to walk one step forward. a charm was needed to properly blow them off without seeming rude- a charm he was well acquainted with.

but the amount of attention thrown his way was… bothersome. It was like walking through a cave with no repels, wild pokemon jumping you at every step. he needed a repel.

his gaze would shift over the crowd, looking for an out to this chaos. it was then that his sights set on a young girl, moving away from the silph boy, it was the silph girl! perfect.

excuse me.” he’d say to the crowd slowly forming around him as he lightly tapped his way out, the lengthy man making his way towards the girl with the gothita in tow.

now, what did he know about her. he skimmed over quite a few faces when staff started to become short and he had opted to sort data; and to him, faces were something he would never forget. her name was… stormy, and she’s fernando’s sister. that’s the most he could remember, and that was all he needed.

walking back he’d give the two a soft smile, nodding to the older of them before looking towards stormy.

i’ve been meaning to have a proper conversation with you, would you mind courting me this evening?

his attention would shift back to the security, giving a bright smile to the unfriendly looking man.

i hope you don’t mind me taking her from your attention, big brother. i know you'll have your hands busy with security and all, so let me keep an eye on her.” his tone was almost prodding as he eyed fernando.

ღ got away from a crowd 

ღ invited to spend the evening with him and told the security ( ) to bounce

-gothita's dress-

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 23:18:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the things that you might like don't grow inside of me
So far, so good. Nothing out of the ordinary, at least beyond what Elinda would've expected from such an event. Lots of shiny things and lots of fancy clothes - although far more alcohol than she would've expected - but she wasn't touching that. Not tonight, at least, and likely not until there was genuine occasion to celebrate.

Which, to be fair, probably wouldn't be for a while.

Having filled up on food, though, there was really nothing to be done aside from keeping her eyes and ears open. The second floor was a bust in that regard. Aside from the dining room there was nothing up there aside from the hotel rooms, most of them occupied in some form or another and most of them locked as per the usual custom of such establishments. Unless you had a key or were willing to create a spectacle, you weren't getting in. All that left was the ground floor, and as Elinda made her way through the loose crowds lining the balconies of the second floor her face would darken slightly on seeing at least one individual she recognized. She hadn't met him in person, but the news had come literally within a week or so afterwards following her recruitment into the League's ranks - soon enough that she can't have imagined Gilbert knew about it, meaning that he'd at least technically kept his promise.

Silph heir was something of an enigma. By all rights the council seat should have been reserved for people suited to the role, those with either the experience or qualifications to make the job work - and most notably, Hoenn residents. If it had gone to any business leader it should have been Devon, and given what an affront this probably was to the corporation... it honestly did have Elinda worried about long term consequences. If the Hoenn League needed anything it was going to come from that business, not Silph, especially as Rocket had effectively dismantled the Kanto based mega-corp when the region fell and they executed the previous CEO and president of the company. To snub Devon for someone who likely couldn't keep any of their promises was to play a very dangerous game, especially as they still had no idea where Rocket was getting their supplies and materials.

But more to the point and far more relevantly, the source of Elinda's immediate source of ire in that moment was the sight of the man harassing Stormy - his younger sibling, but also another trainer Elinda had met a short time ago and come to rather like. Making her way to the stairs that ran down the center of the back wall and a place where she would clearly be within the younger woman's field of view, Elinda had to shift her position slightly as yet another man approached her, seemingly with the intent to help the kid out. A second glance, though, and- another council member?

Oh, that wouldn't do. Not if the kid was looking to just relax.

Two fingers coming up to her mouth, Elinda would take in a breath - and then let out an extremely loud and sharp whistle, the other arm raised up into the air and beckoning to Stormy as the kid would likely take that moment to look at the source of the sound. Aaasssssss would a number of other people, probably including the ones harassing the poor kid, but Elinda gave no fucks.

- Left the Dining Room to start wandering at random.
- Entered the Main Hall.
- Caught sight of Stormy, Fernando and Kim
- Gave zero fucks, sharp whistle to get Stormy's attention and wave her over to the back stairs

made by duet of gs
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2018 0:06:08 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words @elinda

Fernando still had his haunting blue eyes trapping her in one spot. Although she had made a very obvious move to evade him, to make an escape.. she could feel her chest tighten with anxiety. She didn't want to admit it, but she was a little bit afraid of the man. His threats did not fall on deaf ears.

Fortunately, the young woman's attention was snagged by a handsome young man. He seemed to part the crowd so easily that she was honestly taken by surprise. He was incredibly nice to look at, and his eyes were locked on hers. She blushed a little bit in surprise at this, as she had absolutely no idea who this man was.

However, as soon as he addressed her brother, the slight interest she felt for his attention was gone. If he had any connection at all to Fernando, he was probably another councilman who wished to speak with her or 'keep her out of harms way' thanks to Fernando. She scowled at this, looking the man up and down with cold eyes.

"Court you?" she repeated, acting repulsed.

She took a step back from both him and Fernando, as she was now being body blocked by two towering men. Panic fluttering in her chest, she side stepped the two of them just in time to see a familiar face in the crowd.

Elinda stood at the top of the steps, a sharp whistle leaving her mouth as she began to wave at her. She lifted her hand to wave back, but its possible it may have been mistaken as a sign she were to go with Kim, if he decided to take her hand and sweep her away regardless.

>> notices kim, is disappointed to see he knows fernando
>> doesn't seem interested in courting
>> notices elinda, but offers her hand to kim by accident while trying to wave back to her
>> feel free to stop her from waving by taking her outstretched hand and leading her away
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2018 1:19:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[break][break]

I DON'T WANT YOUR BODY
BUT I HATE TO THINK ABOUT YOU WITH SOMEBODY ELSE

[attr="class","sebold"]

Lily nearly jumped in place when a person suddenly approached her from behind, but before the Alolan native could make a response, the woman had disappeared into the lines of people and past the grand doors. She had just barely glanced at her face, but she could remember her blonde hair and midnight blue dress.[break][break]

She stood there for a moment, wondering how to process the woman's hushed words. It seemed like a friendly invitation, but Lily was the slightest hesitant to accept a stranger's request, particularly from one that fades into the enigma of people after a short and unexpected whisper. Still, she kept it in mind and proceeded forward.[break][break]

Immediately, Lily desired a dance, but with who? She picked up her dress so that it wouldn't drag as she made a quick few steps toward the wall. She didn't want to be in the way while she observed from afar. It certainly wasn't like her to be a wallflower, but the atmosphere was much different from what she was used to back home. Maybe she needed air. So she began to explore the vicinity with interest, eventually finding her way in the dining room of the second floor.[break][break]

As she entered, something rustled beneath her dress. Lily's hand instinctively hovered over where her belt would have been if she were wearing it. There was a click, and then the familiar sound of a pokeball opening. And then there was her whimsicott, hidden beneath her dress.[break][break]

"Nougat!" she hissed, but not from anger. She nudged him with her leg and shook her dress to ease the cotton-ball pokemon out. Nougat's shape took form within a few seconds. "What are you doing? Did you want to dance, too?"[break][break]

Nougat nodded happily. "Unfortunately, you're a little short to be my partner," Lily laughed. Nougat knew that, but he couldn't help but keep his lonesome trainer company and performed a small spin for her. "Well, lets just enjoy ourselves, okay? Are you hungry?"[break][break]

Lily eyed the room for snacks. She wandered to a nearby table of food, leaving Nougat to his own thoughts. He was complacent, simply enjoying the music and the well-dressed people. At the sound of purring, Nougat recoiled. To his right was a glameow, snuggling into his notoriously fluffy body. Nougat pushed the pokemon aside, quite uncomfortable with the cat's presence. She retaliated, latching claws onto his cotton like a toy. It received an immediate response from Nougat.[break][break]

The whimsicott first let out a screech before dashing into the dance floor, away from the glameow. He dodged people's legs and feet and began to feel scattered the more they surrounded him. Where was Lily?[break][break]

That was when he saw a mountain of delicious creampuffs, just waiting to be picked off one by one. And who else but him? At least one. A low growl from behind alerted him, and Nougat was back to scrambling to escape the no-name glameow's paws. In his efforts, he made a wild leap — up onto the table that had sat himself down at, and ran straight through the creampuff stack. The whimsicott tripped on his descent from the table, but he didn't stick around for long, feet scuttling and leaving creampuffs in his trail, although one creampuff did manage to stick to his cotton.[break][break]

"Nougat?"[break][break]

Lily could have sworn she left her pokemon there, and now he was nowhere. A sinking feeling hit the pit of her stomach. With her snack plate in hand, Lily searched the room for the whimsicott, calling out his name softly so as to not create a disturbance.[break][break]

Her footsteps quickened when she realized he wasn't in the room anymore. "Oh no, Nougat." Lily was worried. "Excuse me, pardon me," she began as she made way for the exit.[break][break]

A scared and lonely whimsicott now ran through the halls of the lobby. With no direction of where to go and fear of a glameow tackling it from behind, he could only continue forward, but everywhere he went, he seemed to be bombarded with trouble. Some lady spilled her drink when he accidentally bumped into her ankle, leaving him wet in red wine. Some kid started to chase after him (who the heck brings their kid?). All in all, it was turning into a rough night for Nougat the Whimsicott.[break][break]

Once more, he took flight to flee yet another predator at his toes, begging to grab handfuls of his cotton. Then, a sharp whistle from @elinda roused him to pick up speed. His body slipped in between a group of chatting people — , , and — toward the rose gardens outside.[break][break]

"Nougat!" Lily called out when she finally caught sight of the creature leaving the building. She rushed after him, but her eyes had not seen the puddles of wine he had left in his wake. Her high heel responded appropriately, slipping perfectly in place of the three people Nougat had passed. The snack plate she had in one hand flew forward, landing on a very pretty girl (), and the side that she fell on conveniently offered a person () to catch her — or rather her catch onto him. The plate chipped after it slid and fell, but at least Lily had managed to keep herself from hitting rock bottom by yoinking at the gentleman's clothes with both hands.[break][break]

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry," she started with the girl. "I'm so sorry." Then to blue-haired gentleman she had used for safety. "Sorry." Finally to the important-looking man, just for the sake of it.[break][break]

She grabbed her dress and moved forward, feeling an intense scarlet red take over her features.[break][break]

In the peace of the rose garden, Nougat finally felt he had found a space to relax. His tired body collapased near a group of free-running poochyena ().[break][break]

...i got really ambitious. i'm sorry if i'm abruptly interrupting anyone's fun skdjh[break]
tags are in the post. tl;dr:[break]
- lily moves into the dining room and her whimsicott joins the fun[break]
- whimsicott runs into chu-e's plate of creampuffs[break]
- whimsicott runs past silph siblings and mr. purple[break]
- lily accidentally slips, throws her food on stormy, uses fernando to catch herself[break]
- apologizes to everyone and runs[break]
- kyle pls save whimsicott?

[googlefont=Open Sans Condensed:300]
[newclass=.sebold b]color:#ce81af;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sebold a]font-family:georgia;font-size:18px;font-weight:bold;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:-1px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
THE AURORUS WINTER BALL
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2018 2:09:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he's about to stop her, to grab her by the arm and jostle her into him. never let prey get away - never let a liability live to tell another day. all he needs is to sink his claw into her but someone stops him. it's kim. his unexpected intervention makes fernando all sorts of suspicious. in this moment, fernando regrets not personally assassinating the entirety of the league's upper echelon. what kind of baboon went and make this monkey a councilman?

"that's not--" he pauses. it's too late. stormy is much too noisy for his comfort. the fact that everyone knows their relation, one he still refutes to this day, irks him to no end. she is not his sibling. they may share a name but their blood is as far apart as their skill level. however, in front of someone of equal rank, fernando cannot be so cruel as to finish that sentence. "--a problem."

"have fun kim but not too much. everyone's eyes are on you after all, mister league--"

fernando never has a chance to finish his retort. stormy picks up where he leaves off. maybe she does have some silph blood to her. enough so that fernando can't help but snicker at her tone. it's a rare sight but watching him gloat at her outright refusal brings a warm smile to his cold, bitter resting bitch face. then the whistle goes off and fernando spares elinda a glance. the motion of stormy's hand in his peripheral vision is what brings his attention back to her and he puts one and one together. "your friend, bronwen? go have fun, kiddo."

no sooner then when he says that, a whimsicott scampers by. fernando's about to call out for the security to deal with it but its trainer stops him. she clings to him in the same manner that he breaks her fall, reacting to her descent by grabbing her by the waist and allowing his arm to be a fulcrum that holds her close. "careful." another warning. there'll be many of those tonight.

fernando lets her go the moment she stammers back into place. his attention is elsewhere for moment. there's a need for clean up in aisle four. "handle it." the broken plate levitates off the floor for a moment before its whisked away by a PSYCHIC force. as for the mess that slathers stormy's frame? his pokemon know better than to directly interfere. they wait for his direct command to act.

› fernando doesn't stop kim 
› but stormy does; jokes on u, u fucker
› suggests stormy joins elinda 
› then whimsicott dashes by
› catches lily by the waist when she falls onto him
› a hidden pokemon cleans up the mess w/ psychic

@molang @elinda