generic christmas music [mission plz]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2018 4:45:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

So it seemed the holidays were upon them. Hoenn was blessed with a warm climate but there was a noticeable cold snap in the air during the early morning hours. It could be as annoying as it was refreshing; a break from the heat but she hadn't really packed for cold weather.

The show was on the road and moving for Lavaridge. Mauville had been good since it had a lot of people to scratch profits from but there was a lot of competition and attention shifted fast. It was time to move on lest she become no more than a street performer for the rest of her days. Lavaridge was just over the mountain and the tourist trade there would mean she could hunker down for a while as her clients changed day by day. Maybe she could even relax in the springs herself.

But that was for later, for now, the blond was staring at her map, which was upside down, and tried to follow where she was in comparison to the trails. "We should have passed by way to Fiery Path by now...." She muttered half to herself, half to Jester, her companion for the moment. The Mr. Mime copied her chin scratching by her side.

"Well.... if we keep walking, we'll find something eventually, right?" Folding the map up hastily she shoved it back into her bag before moving on. Places to be, after all, and time would wait on no one. This path was a lot rougher than she had anticipated but there were only so many places she could end up.

As Camryn and Jester walked, a ways ahead on the path a shape slowly became clearer and clearer. Was that a giant bag? Well, she guessed she would see when she got there.

i hope this okay!
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2018 7:31:07 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

inexplicably, she still didn't feel as comfortable inland as she did near the region's coastal waters. the very breeze felt stagnant in a way that was warm enough to border on nauseating, even if it was mitigated somewhat by the shift in seasons.

opting to take advantage of the break in the rain, persephone decided using fly atop her drampa to be the best course of action. passage to lavaridge on foot is a taxing and time-consuming venture for even the most experienced hikers, let alone after days of downpours left portions of the mount chimney trails unsteady and bordering on dangerous.

movement far below them caught persephone's attention, and with a tap on the pokemon's shoulder the dragon-type began to descend slowly. they circled over the young woman and the strange bag-shape for several long moments before touching down with a grace that seemed almost comical considering the drampa's hefty size.

in truth, persephone couldn't leave the young woman and her mr. mime alone. besides them looking somehow out of place in the wilderness - lost, perhaps - her honour as a league ranger wouldn't allow it. the least she could do was give pause and the offer of assistance, even if it felt somehow presumptuous to say aloud.

"good afternoon," she started, turning to the duo with a flash of a smile, though looking at the mr. mime felt wholly unpleasant. "are you two alright heading down to lavaridge this way? i see some of the paths have been disturbed so i would urge you to be cauti-"

she has to cut herself off mid-sentence when she sees her drampa scuttle ahead on his stumpy legs to investigate something she had missed; a particularly large sack, apparently. at the dragon's curious nudge, the sack topples over but doesn't spill. the carrier, a flash of red and white feathers, squawks out a panicked cry and snatches the bag back with its stumpy wings.

persephone needs several seconds that feel far too long to process the sight.

"is that... your pokemon?" she says eventually, tone slightly sharper than intended. the only other person she has known to abuse pokemon this way would be .

@camryn <3

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 0:58:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

A shadow passing overhead had Camryn pausing in her walking to glance up. Was that a pokemon? It was hard to tell, even hand over her eyes to block out the sun. When it started to land she noticed there was a person on it's back, how neat! "Heeeeey!" She called out to the other person just before they reached the ground, waving to them in a friendly manner. She didn't know who this was or what they wanted but she was sure they were nice. Of course, Jester mimicked all the movements that Cam did, because of all her mime pokemon, he was the one who acted most stereotypically like the species as a whole.

Jogging forward, Cam was determined to meet this person halfway. It was revealed to be a woman, a rather pretty one at that, so the girl tried to put on her best smile to hide how flustered she was becoming. "Hi! Yeah! Would you happen to know... ah?" The weird bag had left Camryn's mind for the moment when there was something new and exciting to see but when the dragon type rushed over to reveal a pokemon, Cam frowned. The woman sounded upset but sadly Camryn didn't know what that pokemon really was. She wouldn't have put together that one was even there until she got closer herself.

"No, I've never seen it before." Shaking her head, Camryn frowned and went to get closer to the red and white bird. "Is there something wrong with it? You sound upset." She didn't know enough about the situation to really gauge if something was wrong, but this lady seemed to know more about pokemon than she did and had been willing to help her, so she would put her trust in her to assume there was.

c:
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 4:43:11 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

at hearing a confirmation that the unfortunate and over-burdened delibird was not the cute girl's, the tension left persephone's shoulders instantly, and she found herself instead feeling somewhat awkward and scrambling to smooth over the uncalled for harshness in her greeting.

to her merit, the young woman didn't seem to be too defensive.

"i'm sorry for snapping, it's just..." her voice trailed away as persephone indicated at the delibird with a helpless wave of her hand. "look, it's struggling. i wonder who left him here in the wilderness alone, you know?"

approaching the pokemon with more care than her drampa exhibited, the delibird seemed adamant to ignore them both, waddling in a determined bee-line down the slope and pausing only to detach the sack from any craggy rocks or twigs it gets stuck on.

at a closer inspection one thing became plainly obvious; this was not a wild pokemon, it lacked the tell-tale signs of one, something awfully domestic about its preened feathers and order-borne determination.

she knew better than to attempt to touch the pokemon or its belongings without at least attempt to ask permission first, even if her words were unintelligible, at least it might become aware of her presence or intentions.

"hey, good morning," persephone addressed the pokemon gently, leaning down to level with it while shooting the young woman and her pokemon companion a helpless glance. "are you headed into lavaridge too?"

it felt comical, and persephone had to smile even as the delibird grunted its name at her and continued stubbornly on its path.

@camryn <3

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2018 8:56:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"It's okay!" Camryn started. She gave the woman a small smile, hoping to show that there were no hard feelings between the two of them. "You were just trying to protect this pokemon, right? And you don't know me, so it was like.... a precaution, in case I really was a bad person. It was good you were defensive!"

But then came the real meat of the situation: the bird pokemon. Apparently, it wasn't hurt-hurt, but it was weird it was out here, and it seemed to be struggling awful hard... shame that it kept getting stuck on things, at least. It looked too heavy for Camryn to try and pick up, plus who knows what was even inside.

Following the woman's lead, though, Camryn had a brilliant idea and squatted down next to the weird bird. "Hey! My name's Cam, and, like, you're having some trouble, right? Well.... My friend Jester here can help!" She motioned vaguely behind her, to the Mr. Mime that had given up his mimicry in the face of what was happening and was kind of just anxiously lurking, chewing on his nails. He seemed surprised to be addressed.

"He's got cool psychic abilities!" Camryn waved her hands around and crossed her eyes as if that somehow showcased 'cool psychic abilities'. "He can probably keep your bag from getting stuck on stuff so much!" At that, Jester nodded, determined. Camryn wasn't really a trainer and didn't have too many battles, so her pokemon weren't as strong as someone who did those things regularly. Jester wouldn't be able to just lift this up or pack it down the mountain for the red and white bird, but he could keep it from snagging for a little while and maybe lighten the load a bit.

In response, the Delibird grumbled. He didn't like the idea of help, it seemed. However, when his bag became stuck on another rock and Jester used his psychic to just lift it for a moment- he stared at the two women as he mulled it over.

c:
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 17:11:00 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

persephone smiles briefly at the young woman - cam, as she had introduced herself to the delibird. it felt strange, almost like underused muscles. it sounds sadder than it should; that she forgot the last time she had a reason to actually smile at a stranger.

between the events at slateport and the tension within the league, nights turned sleepless and strangers to potential foes. it doesn't seem to be the case here, and persephone had to bite back further apology. water under the bridge for now, and besides, she could ease her consciousness by offering to buy her a drink or something when they do make it to lavaridge. regardless, there is a more immediate concern at hand.

she inclines her head to watch the delibird halt, seemingly deep in thought as he ponders cam's offer of her pokemon's help. he eyes first her for several seconds that drag on way too long, and then does the same to her mr. mime. somehow, perhaps due to a latent pride or perhaps single-mindedness, he completely ignores the large and fairly intimidating girth of her dragon-type.

the delibird huffs his own species name after a full minute of consideration, something like agreement, though not with much enthusiasm. at least it trusts them that much.

without waiting for mr. mime to work its so-called 'magic' to aid him, the delibird continues on ahead, not having to duck as he stoutly moves beneath the drampa's noodly form.

not even shuffling in the grass stops the delibird on its path, and nor did the emergence of a numel. the wild pokemon snuffles, sending a lick of flame at the delibird, evidently as he is the closest to its apparent habitat.

the drampa is quick to slither forward on his belly, his protect stopping the flames from reaching the delibird. to his stubborn merit, the pokemon hadn't seemed to notice the wild pokemon until that moment, stopping almost stunned to watch the attack get negated in its entirety. without wasting a second, the drampa starts to chirp almost cutely to encourage the numel to play nice. the numel hesitates but releases a sigh, a soft billow of smoke from its back and ducks back into the grass to allow the delibird to continue on its path.

persephone watches the exchange from a slight distance before turning to cam. "i'll keep an eye on him at least until he reaches the mountain's base since he doesn't seem capable of defending himself." she pauses before continuing, flashing a brilliant smile. "i'm sure he would appreciate your help too."

@camryn <3

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2018 3:41:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Jester makes an affronted face when the Delibird starts to move without him. He didn't need further order from Camryn; he was a smart pokemon who knew context when he heard. While he couldn't directly defend like Drampa could, he still stayed close by as the Delibird moved so he could use his psychic moves to help lift the sack over hurdles or move oncoming debris out of the way.

Camryn hung back with the lady, watching this all go down. "Your pokemon is really strong!" Or, at least really kind, which was also something that was great to be. She glanced over at her when she spoke and felt her face heat up again. The lady was really pretty. She was strong and had an elegance about her that Cam wanted to be able to replicate someday. It made even just getting that smile nice even if she didn't know her that well. Speaking of...

"I don't think I caught your name! So much has happened, so..." Camryn ticked back the last few minutes in her mind. "Oh! I didn't give you mine, either! I'm Camryn! This has been a real adventure so far, huh? I'm glad you showed up! We were kind of lost and I'm not sure what I would have done if I had found that guy on my own..." Tried to help, of course, but she probably wouldn't have had as much luck on her own, either.

At least with the other pokemon's help the Delibird seemed to be making it at a nice clip.

c: