close tab

played by

Tagger

he/him/his
rocket grunt
Grunt
1 height
1 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @johnnyboy
jacob berwick
Poisonous Influence (Closed)
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 8:31:58 GMT
jacob berwick Avatar
Jacob found himself sitting on a hill on the outskirts of Slateport City as the sun was beginning to set over the Region. The familiar darkness that overtook Slateport would set in, as another shift of Rocket Grunts would begin their patrol over the city, bringing down their wrath on anyone unlucky enough to be caught by the criminals. His shift had long since been over, leaving him free to do as he wanted, which mostly consisted of hanging out on the outskirts of the city to be alone, to think.

Those who found themselves joining Team Rocket, even with the best intentions, found themselves swayed under its dark influence, one way or another. This was a lesson that Jacob found out the hard way, one year ago. When he had joined up with the criminal organization, his parents were understandably furious at their son, who despite their best efforts to raise him well, wound up joining up with such a group. His employment with the faction cost him his bond with his family. But the corruption truly set in when he found himself in an affair with another Grunt that was practically his partner at the time. How he allowed himself to be chipped away at by his partner til she got him to bed her. This would cost him his girlfriend and daughter, who left him, betrayed by his disloyalty.

So why was he still fighting? His entire reason for even taking on this deal with the devil had been voided. Why was he so afraid for his life, if everything had fallen apart, what reason did he have to live at this point? He couldn't figure any of this out. Maybe it was some sort of hope that Rowan would eventually come back to him, that he could make things right again, and be with his girlfriend and daughter. But then, the problem was that if he was with her, Rocket would use them as leverage to further control him.

Whether they be fellow Rockets, or enemies of his, anyone coming to the hill would find the redheaded grunt sitting on the hill, in uniform, with his hat nearby on the ground.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2018 23:16:06 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"didn't think i'd be having a date today." elijah lazily said, hauling a small woven basket from the nook of his arm. "this is usually my spot."

he perseveres through the formality of his dress. bound tight to his form, elijah grimaces, missing the loose fabrics of his usual identity— but the cost of his freedom is fine for what he receives.

elijah sits beside the red head. plops himself unceremoniously like a fallen apple. he pulls a slowpoke tail from the basket, and he swears it squirms.

"i don't get why people eat this shit." elijah sighs. "you want it?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

he/him/his
rocket grunt
Grunt
1 height
1 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @johnnyboy
jacob berwick
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2018 15:39:31 GMT
jacob berwick Avatar
Jacob would turn to face the older Rocket Grunt as he broke through the peaceful silence that went through the area. Rather than showing fear or shock at the man's sudden presence, Jacob's expression showed some irritation, but was mostly indifferent. "Funny, I don't see your name on it.", Jacob remarked. "Ah well, as long as you aren't kickin' me out.", Jacob said after a moment.

As Elijah fished out the Slowpoke Tail from his backet, Jacob looked down at the thing, resisting the urge to gag at the thing. Considering the process for producing the things, even if the Slowpoke didn't feel it, and their tails grew back, he personally couldn't stomach them. Instead, he would shake his head. "I'm good, thanks though.", Jacob said to the older man.

"So you come out here to get peace and quiet too, or you got some other thing goin' on out here?", Jacob would ask him, attempting to start a conversation.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 3:58:01 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"if my name was on it, it'd say elijah." he waves the slowpoke tail around like a floppy magic wand. "what's your name?"

upon the refusal of his edible endowment, he flicks it around some more like a toy.

"eh, don't want it to go to waste." elijah eyes the disembodied appendage and draws it close to his lips, but he leans back at the last moment. "nevermind. this thing has been places."

he tosses it back into the basket and sighs.

"actually, got a job. you might wanna help."

elijah grunts, uprooting himself as he stands wearily. the basket seems heavy as if holding breath. with a frown, he turns it over. from the basket, several human appendages scatter on to the hillside. turning his nose away from the macabre litter, elijah announces his duty.

"we need to bury these," elijah grumbles, "league officials. maybe they'll make good fertilizer for the grass."

close tab

played by

Tagger

he/him/his
rocket grunt
Grunt
1 height
1 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @johnnyboy
jacob berwick
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2018 8:56:57 GMT
jacob berwick Avatar

Jacob let out a slight chuckle upon hearing his remark. "The name's Jacob.", he would say in response. Otherwise, the Rocket Grunt was content with watching the night sky, trying to block out the smell of the tail. But when the man brought up that he had a job for him, Jacob would turn his head towards the man with the basket, before seeing the appendages pour out of the basket.

"They from the battle, or did we start dismembering captives for fun?", Jacob said, grimacing at the severed body parts.

In any case, Jacob would bring out Chip the Sandile from his Pokeball. "I got something for the job.", he would tell Elijah.

Upon being released from his capsule, the Sandile would first walk over to the Slowpoke tail that had been among the contents of the bag. Without a second thought, the Sandile would immediately eat the thing, regardless of where it came from. But then, considering they were known for eating scraps in the desert, rather than actually hunting down prey like their evolutions, this was no surprise.

tags:
notes: Jacob sends out Sandile to do the job. Sandile eats the Slowpoke tail eagerly.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2018 3:32:49 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"from the battle. or after. or both." elijah says, noting the name. "i don't fuckin' know. it's disgusting and i want this shit out of here."

as jacob summons the sandile, elijah wrinkles his nose. he wonders for a macabre moment whether tea made from the earth of a burial ground would be nutritious or not. the thought stops. cut by the throat.

"glad to see your sandile's enjoying the tail."

elijah crosses his arms and avoids stepping on a limp limb. a hand lazily escapes the nook of his elbow, producing a pokeball. a tangrowth materializes like a blossoming bush. it starts to viciously pry into the earth with its arms— before one of its vine-limbs falls off.

the tangrowth shrugs, having added to the morbid scene and continues to dig as another vine replaces its lost limb.

"people are so fragile." elijah sighs. "what got you into rocket, jacob? aren't you afraid of ending up like these sorry bastards?"

close tab

played by

Tagger

he/him/his
rocket grunt
Grunt
1 height
1 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @johnnyboy
jacob berwick
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 18:38:04 GMT
jacob berwick Avatar

If there was any sort of silver lining to this situation, it was that the green-haired man was clearly not enjoying the fact that he had to do this either. As funny as it sounded, at least it meant he wasn't dealing with a complete sicko. "I don't fuckin' blame ya. They shovel this shit onto you, or you doin' this outta the kindness of your heart?", Jacob would inquire.

After finishing off the Slowpoketail, Chip would begin to dig into the ground, joining the Tangrowth in digging up the area. Thanks to the Tangrowth's efforts, Chip had an easier time of burrowing into the ground. The only problem was that the creature was rather small, especially compared to its later stages. All it could do was dig up holes as fast as it could.

"Me? Well, I suppose it don't matter now. I joined Rocket to support my girlfriend and kid. My education sucks ass, and no legit places would be able to pay me enough, so I came to Rocket looking for a decent living. Though that all went belly up when my girlfriend broke up with me last year. So at this point, you could say that it don't mean shit if I end up biting it. My family's severed ties with me, my girl won't let me see my kid, and even if I got out of Rocket without getting whacked, my prospects are as fucked as ever.", Jacob told him. Jacob would attempt to mask the pain he felt with a facade of bitterness and bile.

"What about you? You doin' it for the money like I was, or you get your kicks outta this kinda work?"

tags:
notes: Jacob continues talking while Sandile helps dig up the area.

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
618 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 6:17:58 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"a bit of both." elijah says, averting his gaze from the grisly burial. "i'm nauseatingly loyal." the last line is almost sung, the syllables spun around like a paper pinwheel.

jacob's lament digs deep. the gardener can empathize, but he refrains from investing too much. he believes the rocket organization to be too frenetic, so filled with surprises that even a jack-in-the-box is predictable in comparison. who knows if jacob would last in this circus of back-stabbing.

"sorry about that. damn." elijah kicks a small pile of dirt onto a mound. "shit sucks. guess we're just in it until the end."

he eyes the pokemon fondly.

"doin' it to keep my practice alive." elijah sighs. "i practice herbal medicine... people don't buy into it as much cause the shit tastes rank. but it works. they appreciate it."

with a knotted brow, elijah continues. "in a way, you've received an education. your girl? your family? this world? it's shit. might as well be a part of its downfall."