kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 16:13:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Oi, you get back here!"

The iconic shouts echoed throughout the cave system. A flashlight spotlighted a Poochyena at one spot, stopping on his tracks the moment the light shone upon him. The Dark-type stared back at his trainer for a while, with the standstill lasting for a few seconds before he gave up and trotted back. Its small steps navigated through the rocks, the pace at which it ran away from him being inversely proportional to the pace at which it came back.

"You too!"

A whimper could be heard from the other Poochyena, who slunk back to Kyle the moment he had been spotted. Tail drooping and ears falling flat on its head, the Poochyena's skulking only brought a depressed sigh from their trainer. He'd shake his head or give a long reprimanding to his pups had they been effective at training them. Rowdy and full of vigor, giving up was the only option that wouldn't bring him stress.

With two of his Poochyena's back on his side, Kyle flashed his light on a small piece of paper in his hands. On it were simple notes and a hand drawn map of the supposed whereabouts of the bounty. Unfortunately, they did not seem to correspond to the surroundings that Kyle and both of his Pokemon were in.

"We're lost,"
he concluded bluntly to his Pokemon, eyes still trying to make out the information from the piece of note.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 16:42:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

Shoal cave, that was what her map said... right? Stormy groaned inwardly, throwing her head back in dramatic irritation as she sat on the back of her Skarmorys back. They had been flying for hours now reading and rereading a map that Stormt couldnt for the life of her decipher.

Fortunately, she had somehow managed to find her way to the same cave as another individual who was also looking at a map.
She saw him and several puppy Pokemon enter the cave from her viewpoint in the sky. Granted, by the time she landed on the sandy shore the man and his puppies had already disappeared into the cave.

"Thanks, babe. You're the best."

Stormy patted the metal bird affectionately before returning her to her pokeball for her much needed rest. Stormy pulled her windswept hair back into a high messy ponytail, rolled up her sleeves, and jogged into the cave. She followed the pale flashlight, doing her best not to bump into anything.

"Hey! Are you looking for something too?"
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,430 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 17:17:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
The voice would surprise Kyle, forcing a jump out of him. While he should have expected other people to come into the cave, the sudden sound in an otherwise quiet cave was enough to catch him off guard. As soon as the word of a treasure trove spread and enticed everyone else asides him to Shoal Cave, he should have expected not being alone.

"Y-Yes," he'd answer her awkwardly as he turned to her presence. He'd flash his torch at her to get a better view of her features, but decided against it since that was rude. "It's not like I'm making any progress from it though."

Both pups stared longingly at the new figure, tails wagging indicated that they would have ran up to the girl had Kyle not been there. Kyle, however, was more focused on the prospect of finding the treasure that they have been here for and had since then went back to deciphering his map. Turning her away was always an option, though Kyle was here more for the thrill of the treasure hunt rather than actually keeping any of these bounty, aside from maybe a souvenir or two.

"I'm guessing you're here for that too?" Kyle folded the piece of paper in halves until it was a tiny square before shoving it to his pocket and staring back at Stormy. "For that, uh, 'something'," he quoted her.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 19:02:08 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

Stormy tripped and stumbled on a rock that didn't move when she kicked it. She ran forwards in that awkward spurt to try and catch herself, gasping in surprise.

After she stopped herself by pressing her hands up against a wall, she pulled a piece of hair from her mouth and tucked it behind her ear, shaking her head in dismay at her clumsiness and taking a deep breath.

"Why are you so awkward about it? Everyone's looking for it. I think it might just be some dumb easter egg hunt, everybody gets a prize. C'mon, why don't we team up?" she suggested, trying to act all nonchalant about it.

The truth of it was, she really had wanted to go about this whole mission on her own, find the hidden artifact and get the heck out of dodge. But, considering she had only found Shoal cave because she happened to see this guy.. well... she wasn't the type to steal something right from under someone's nose. She was a spoiled brat, but she liked to win things fair and square.

The young woman dusted off her pants, then proceeded to twirl the ends of her ponytail between two fingers as she approached. As she did so, though, she immediately spotted the two Poochyena he had running around at his feet.

Given that she was always more friendly towards Pokemon than to people, she didn't really continue to give the man much thought, and instead approached the puppies with a gushy, excited tone.

"Oh my goodness! How cute are you guys, huh? So so so cute, that's how!"

She proceeded to make kissy noises and hold out her hands for them to investigate.

"Do they like horses? I have a Rapidash I'd like to let out. He's a little scared of caves and being cramped, but this whole damn region is chock full of caves and tunnels and shit he doesn't like.. so he's gotta get over his fears some day."

Hey, at least she was asking, right?
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,430 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2018 17:25:39 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
Kyle moved his sights on the ground, staring at the damp ground as he collected his thoughts. A frown formed on his features as he mused on her words, though by no means was he upset. The actions were then accompanied by a scratch at the back of his head, before lifting his head back and meeting her eyes with his.

"Uh, sure. I guess that makes sense."

It couldn't be denied by the tone of his disappointment that he would have rather tried to find it on his own, though he was defeated by the fallacy of the news pointed by her. There was no assurance that they would end up with an actual treasure and that the ones that spread the word were simply looking to mess with the gullible. It made sense not to put his hopes up if she put it that way, which made the plan of hoarding whatever was in the end location all to himself a sillier concept.

Eyes followed her as she started to shift her attention from him to his Poochyena. The amusement brought the slightest smile on his face, somewhat proud that his babies were still able to produce the same reaction from strangers. He couldn't blame them though, given how adorable they admittedly were.

"Fire is good," he'd reply in a more lighthearted note this time. "Beats making do with this torch." He motioned to the flashlight at hand, ready to turn it off and pocket it if she does bring out the Rapidash.

Kyle held out his hand to her as he attempted to introduce himself. "I'm Kyle, by the way. Leave the navigation to us." One of the Dark-types barked in agreement, his squeaky voice reverberating throughout the cavern walls. "They can't find the treasure, but they should know where the wild Pokemon are." Not only were wild Pokemon a hazard, but they were a waste of the time they could have used to find the end goal as well.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2018 20:50:33 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

"Jeez, don't sound so enthusiastic, I might think I'm boring."

Stormy releases her Rapidash, however, holding onto his lead tightly. The horse does not seem super thrilled about traversing a cave - but he's had to go through a couple now at this point and has grown a little less quick to spook. The flames from his mane and tail immediately illuminate a lot more of the cave.

"See? You needed me, pal."

She continues to look at his puppies fondly as one of them barks. The Rapidash snorts in mild irritation at this, but Stormy presses a hand to the beast's neck comfortingly.

Stormy holds out her hand promptly as Kyle introduces himself, she shakes his hand firmly.

"Stormy, and that sounds fine, I'm not familiar with the area, and Rapidash isn't too interested in caves. The sooner we get out, the better."

She smiles though, too invested in hunting for treasure to be her usual crabby self. That, and she's surrounded by adorable puppies, so what's not to love?
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,430 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 19:02:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"I get that a lot," Kyle commented on her statement, smiling faintly in amusement.

He got her name to call her with something should the need to do so appear. A question lingered in his head about the name he was given though: was Stormy an nickname or...? He wasn't the type to judge based on people's names anyways, and so Kyle decided to leave it alone.

Returning her handshake, his eyes went back on the piece of paper at hand for just a second before surveying the area once again. The Rapidash did well enough to illuminate the surroundings much better than the torch he held did, its light managing to reveal even the corners that would normally be ignored by the Poochyena trainer. Visibly impressed, Kyle uttered a single "Nice," to express his awe.

"Sooner you say?" he asked as he once again tried to work around the map he has. He'd put the paper down, before turning around to Stormy. "I'm guessing you're willing to wade through the wild encounters then? Treasure rooms tend to be on the rooms with a lot of enemies, after all." It was a reference to usual video game designs, which he often made should he be given a chance to say them.

"Charlie over here can get us to either routes." A Poochyena barked upon hearing his name, tail wagging and tongue lolling as he excited himself to flex his capabilities on their new acquaintance. "I still have no clue on how to work this map, so we're going blind either way."

Shoal Cave was a complicated location whose interior changes based on the tides. Certain areas were only available when the water's either low or high, and the map did not specify whether it was made when the waters receded or not.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 19:56:42 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

Stormy grinned a little bit at Kyle's quiet little nice. Even Rapidash seemed to glow a little bit brighter, his ego inflating. Of course he was a sweet Pokemon, and he knew it too.

"Of course I'm willing to do anything. We've gotta find this thing before the other trainers, right? Assuming they haven't already found it first, I guess. C'mon, let's stop standing around and let's move!"

She looked down at the map in Kyle's hand, and how confused he seemed to be. She frowned, before snatching the piece of paper from his hand and looking at it herself. She must had dropped or lost the one she had been given.. typical.

"It looks like there are two different versions of the same cave. What's up with that? Is Shoal cave some sort of creepy, ever-changing cave? Should we be worried about dying?"

Her finger traced different potential paths on the paper.. but it was all for show. She had absolutely no idea what anything on the piece of paper meant.

"Do the tides change or something? I'm assuming whatever has been hidden here was left when the cave wasn't filled with water. Do you know how to get to one of the areas that typically gets.. I don't know, flooded or something?"
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,430 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2018 1:37:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Hm?"

Kyle didn't react much from getting the piece of paper snatched right out of his hands. It was useless to him for the most part, and losing it probably won't affect his chances of reaching the end of the treasure hunt trail since he wasn't able to make use of it effectively anyhow.

His eyes were all on Stormy as she tried to decipher the map. "We'll worry about dying after we get the treasure, or whatever it is at the end." He changed his position, walking over behind Stormy to get a better view of his map without actually taking it from her hands. He watched her hand run through the thing, simply ignoring the act when he realized he wasn't sure how the girl planned things. "It doesn't change; just that certain areas just get inaccessible when the tide rises," he answered.

It wouldn't be a lie to say that Kyle hasn't thought of going for the deeper parts of the cave first. "Should be easy enough. It gets cold down there easily, though, so we can always just follow corridors where it gets chilly." Although the Rapidash gave enough light, Kyle still had the habit of pointing his torch to wherever his attention was. Flashing the light to a ledge that gave them a shortcut to the lower levels of the cave, he went ahead and jumped.

Both Poochyena followed after their trainer happily, throwing themselves haphazardly with both of them landing with a whimper, causing Kyle to turn. "What are you even doing," he'd grumble at the sorry sight. The two recovered from the fall pretty quick, however, and quickly took the lead with a simple head motion from Kyle.

"Guess we should just follow this way," he'd mention to Stormy. "Pretty sure this way leads somewhere deeper." It was common sense at that point, given the slope of the ground, which made him question whether pointing it out was even necessary.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2018 23:48:20 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

Stormy spread the map a little wider as she felt Kyle grow closer. If he was trying to sneak a peek over her shoulder, she was trying to make it easier for him.

While he began to mention how some areas became inaccessible once the tide came in, she glanced up at him with a spitfire of resolve.

"Well, then the obvious plan is to head directly for the areas we won't be able to reach soon, yeah? Do you know when the tide comes in?"

There's excitement in her voice now, a readiness that may not have been there before. Even the Rapidash seems to be feeding off of her energy, tapping his hooves into the ground impatiently.

The young woman watches Kyle take the lead, his two Poochyena tromping after him faithfully. She herself also begins to follow along. She's folded up and tucked the map away for the time being so it doesn't get wet or lost.

"The colder and damper it gets, the more we're on to something.. probably."

It was a guess, but there was still that unshakable hint of anticipation in her voice. For now, she didn't seem all that scared. Granted, once the water started to slosh at her toes - whenever the tide would start to come in, she would not be as calm and collected.
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,430 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 7:04:11 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Tide rises in a few hours or so. Maybe. I haven't checked before I went in to be honest."

Kyle did not even bother to hide his ignorance on the matter. The times when the tide rises were probably recorded somewhere on the internet, though the means to receive such information was unavailable with the reception they have within the cavern. All that mattered to him right now was that they had time to do what they came here for.

"We're bonding about uncertainty," he'd comment on her statement. "Fun."

One of his Poochyena would turn his head towards one direction, taking a sniff in the air, before leading them to another direction. Wild Pokemon probably, he thought to himself. Before he knew it, his Poochyena had led them to where the ground eventually dipped into a slope. The descent can easily be scaled for a while, albeit a bit slippery, and it could only go steeper from what Kyle could tell from the way things looked.

Turning to Stormy, who followed behind him, he gave her a word of advice. "Oi, be careful out on your way down, alrig-"

His words were interrupted when a drop of water fell from the ceiling onto his face. Looking up, he finally saw the cave's frost-covered stalactites. It was only then he realized the area's interior was starting to transition to an ice cave, with frost covering patches of the ground and cold gusts of wind blowing from within. They were getting closer to the lowest part of the cave, he supposed. "Maybe we should continue without your Rapidash," he'd instruct her without stating his reasons.

He'd jerk back his head to its original direction, aiming his flashlight to the abyss below to look for any cache of artifacts beyond, before he lost his footing. He dropped on his butt, sliding down when he finally slipped on melted ice and snow. One of his Poochyena barked, following their trainer afterwards, while the other remained with Stormy, not really finding the excitement in falling to his doom.

"Shit!"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 21:45:10 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

She chuckled. So, they were absolutely, positively left in dark about this. Perfect.

They continued through the gradually dampening and chilly tunnels. Every once in a while they would stop at a crossroads of sorts. The Poochyena guiding them would stop and take a whiff before changing direction. She supposed that the mutt was guiding them away from potential threats, which was very much appreciated.

Stormy stopped short as her shoes sank into a bit of snow. The immediate cold was startling, as well as the water dripping from the stalactites above. The droplets slipped down the back of her shirt, and she shivered violently, frantically patting at her clothes to get rid of the icy cold.

Rapidash was also not pleased, the fire in his mane and tail sizzling with every drop.

Stormy glanced at Kyle curiously as he began to warn her to be careful, and then proceeded to tell her that Rapidash should be returned.

"Why? He'll keep us warm, won't he?"

After a moment of hesitation she did eventually comply and return the horse. Without his fiery light, the cavern became a whole lot darker and a whole lot colder. Goosebumps rose along her exposed skin, and she rubbed her arms.

"I hope catching a cold is worth... it. Kyle?" she turned away to speak, just as Kyle fell down some part of the cavern. She rushed to where she had last seen him, watching as one of his Poochyena disappeared with him.

The one that remained, she immediately attempted to scoop up for safe-keeping, stroking it reassuringly while she peered into the dark where Kyle had disappeared into.

"Maybe it's not me you should be warning?"

Her voice was sarcastic, but worry bore deep lines into her face.

"Are you alright? How far down are you? Should I come down, too?"
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,430 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2018 7:20:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"He melts stuff. Makes the ground slippery and all." Those were his last words before he slipped and fell.

He could feel the ground scrape against his back as the fall went continuously. Fortunately, the pain ended eventually, after which Kyle could find himself sitting on his butt on flat, solid ground once more. Chill still was in the air, and slush and frost covered the rocky cavern floors. It wasn't until one of his Poochyena followed after him that he decided to stand up and turn his flashlight back on, pointing it to the direction of where he came from.

"It's not that deep down." An estimate, actually. Kyle could not properly gauge the exact distance he slipped from since he was too busy trying not to complain about the scratches he earned on his way down out loud. "I'm fine. You got Charlie there, right?" Only one Poochyena followed him all the way down, after all.

Kyle turned, illuminating the area beyond him to get an idea of how he could get back. Eyes lit up as he discovered something much more interesting. Rocky surfaces along the cavern walls eventually transition to smooth stone, leading up to a long corridor whose end was not visible from his position. He'd scurry over, taking a glance inside, before turning back to yell at the girl he came in here with.

"You can stay there if you want," he'd tell her, seriousness evident in his tone despite Kyle's meaning behind them. "There's something interesting and shiny here, but I'm sure it's safer up there than here."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 18:06:39 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

Right before Kyle fell, Stormy had a thoughtful nod to his last statement. Rapidash probably would start to melt the ice all around them, he was probably right.

Too right, obviously, as he slid down into the abyss. Stormy now stood with his remaining Poochyena in her arms, scratching him comfortingly behind the ears while she peered over the edge. She was nowhere near as close as Kyle had been to the edge, as she was too afraid to just go jumping down after him - though she had probably pretended to offer.

Relief washed over her when she could see the faint light from his flashlight. He was alive, at least.

"It's not that deep? Yes, Charlie is up here with me, we're both safe."

Stormy had now become restless, pacing anxiously back and forth. Charlie was probably getting motion sickness, but she continued to hold onto him tightly in case he ran off and got lost.

"Wait, what? Something interesting and shiny, and you don't want me to see it? That's cruel!" she whined, now trying to decide whether or not she wanted to follow him down there.

"Do you see a way out?"

Eventually, however, her instincts and impulsiveness lead her down the path. She muttered 'screw it' under her breath and scooched down to the edge of the hole he had fallen in, sliding and bumping her way down. She held tight to Charlie however, using her body to cushion his fall so he wouldn't get hurt.

"No way in hell I'm missing out on this."
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,704 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Verge [M]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 4:48:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE BRUMAL BOUNTY

[attr="class","ipad"]
STORMY AND KYLE DISCOVER...[break][break]

a treasure chest. the wood is dusty and draped in cobwebs. should they be brave enough to unlock it with brute force, the chest would groan open to reveal old dubloons that total up to 200 poké. it seems like this chamber was an old pirate base with this chest left miraculously intact and abandoned...[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES[break]
i will divide the poke reward into 100 poke + one type 2 rare candy each! you also are rewarded 5 infamy each. enjoy!![break][break]
&

[googlefont=Montserrat]