awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RISE [ LEAGUE ]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 4:56:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
slateport is done for. from the wreckage comes a broken and battered league. they were caught off guard, unprepared for the onslaught brought on by rocket's surprise attack. their negligence had costed them a price they couldn't afford: their authority. not only did they lose their city but they also lost an essential portion of their soul. frends and family, lovers, colleagues-- the collective sum of spilt blood drains along slateport's sewer system as the smell of stark iron drowns out the seaside's briny waves.

the discord spirals out of control. dissent is a slow and assiduous process. those who find their eyes dry, unable to grieve any longer, demand answers. is no longer a viable scapegoat so the answers are demanded from those next in line. @yiannis and @alexander are thrown to the wolves. accountability is an apt lie to dethrone them from their seats. senna doesn't get off so easily. the scandal that comes from the incident stays internal but never dies down. the murmurs of the league in-fighting finally realizes trickle down economics. it's a shit show.

slateport is the catalyst that begets change. but that begs the question: who? few dare sacrifice themselves to the burden of taking over a disgraced administration. those who do, or those nominated in secret, become the center of attention during the month long transition post slateport. gossip travels fast and the organization that was once united finds itself divided once more. campaigns, slander, and general politics take foothold until inner elections come to a close. the votes are tallied and the results paint four distinct winners.

the league awaits their new heroes. four individuals, all special in their own ways, each well liked enough to garner the necessary votes to reign above the others, will take the stage during today's grand announcement. they've all been notified in advance and will have their chance to address their new subordinates.

before the curtain call, before they establish themselves as the new council members, they wait for the cue. the four of them serve a new bond, a single title that makes them gods among men and legends to be felled. they may disagree, they may come into conflict, but they all share a unique hardship. this is their first and last chance to collaborate, to serve their greetings and congratulations before they're summoned to address the hundreds in attendance and thousands at home.

fernando sinks deeper into the lounge chair as their deadline closes. he just wants it over with. the longer the wait draws out the more his anxiety grows. his morbid curiosity on what the others will say is only kept at bay by the fact that they'll reveal their speeches soon enough. fidgety fingers drum against his arm rest as the seconds tick by. "any preference on who goes first?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
RISE [ LEAGUE ]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 6:01:48 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
it wasn’t a surprise that he had been chosen for this position, he didn’t bust his ass after his arms healed, following that incident in the desert, to get a pat on the back and a good job from his higher ups. no, he worked for this, he helped those where he could, took any job, big or small, and made sure to please citizens as well as his employers.

the sudden attack on slateport and kidnapping of dahlia would only improve his chances of moving up, the icing on the cake being other council members losing themselves in all the fuss following.

the people needed someone they could count on, someone they knew they could trust, someone like kim. kim is the one who always helped them, the one who was always there, the one they looked at with stars in their eyes, the one they knew they could count on to bring peace back to hoenn. he didn’t care about all that though; he just wanted to live in the limelight and relax when he wanted to.

i don’t think any of you really have the face nor charisma to get these people’s attention. it would be best if i went first.

while he did not deny they all had a charm about them, his face was more out there than theirs.
if anything, he was sure to make a better impression than their sour faces would.

close tab

played by

yuko

valeria
he/him
twenty-nine
councilman
council
20 height
20 height
You knew who I was with every step that I ran to you
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valeria
gilbert valeria
RISE [ LEAGUE ]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2018 15:07:17 GMT
gilbert valeria Avatar
silvery locks are slicked back on his head, pressed against it with all the hair gel he could muster this morning. the suit he adorns is snug where it needs to be. the pant legs do not pool at his feet too much. he looks perfectly presentable for the public to see him in this position for the first time. he looks like a face worth trusting.

it's the least gilbert valeria can do when the rest of their world seems to be crumbling around them.

while the others sit in their lounge chairs, gilbert stands -- he does so when he's nervous, trying to recall his speech. even though he's given dozens of public speeches, appeared in numerous tournaments, and has finally joined the war effort by giving the liberty to conduct any and all necessary research at the mossdeep space center, gilbert feels out of place. less bloodied, less scarred, he has not bore the same strifes as the rest of them. he has done very little to prove that he belongs here, and yet here he is.

another man with another speech about something he's hardly experienced.

fernando breaks the silence, his anxiety about the situation dimly apparent beneath the question. gilbert's eyes flash from silph's to kim's, the man who will decidedly speak first. unlike the other two, he knows very little about kim cole other than the fact that he has garnered considerable respect from league officers. the superficial words that come from him do not reflect this, but gilbert nods in agreement. "sure, makes enough sense. i guess it doesn't matter though!" the polite tone that often coats his words is present in tenfold today. the last thing he wants to do is step on any toes before their joint leadership even begins.

"i feel like we're waiting for our number in the talent show or something. and that people are going to hate us at first no matter how this goes."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RISE [ LEAGUE ]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2018 2:18:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
if there's any merit to kim cole, it's that he knows just how to rub fernando the wrong way. even the way he phrases his words, his choice in diction deliberately adding to the friction, spills into the pool of annoyances that remain unnoticed. today is the first of many and cole will be one of the few privileged enough to test his patience. his commitment to the cause is the only thing that tempers his irritation.

gilbert's submission to kim's assessment is enough to rope him in too, if only by proxy. "then the floor is yours, mister cole." what fernando does surmise is an initial idea of how they're relationship will unfold. there's no doubt that he and kim will butt heads. but gilbert? he's the final wild card and fernando can only interpret the man as a pushover who's dead set on avoiding conflict. maybe he's wrong but that's his first impression and fernando's only intent is getting a better grasp as to how his fellow councilmen operate. only then can he wrap them around his finger.

"hate us or not, we're not here to be liked. we're here to make sure hoenn doesn't fall - at least for me."

fernando bites his bottom lip as the applause from the crowd ushers the inevitable cue for one of them to take the stage. with more bark then bite, he wishes kim well. for now, they're a team. a negative impression on one of them is a misconception on them all.

"good luck."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
RISE [ LEAGUE ]
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2018 3:08:34 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
thankfully they had no qualms him him going first. good. the first thing people needed to see was him, they’d be doing a lot of that in the future anyways.

once their cue to move onto the stage sounded, kim would give a light sigh, his feet slowly moving forward, amber eyes looking to fernando, their gaze slightly blinded by lavender strands.

a part of making sure hoenn doesn’t fall is keeping the people at ease, making them docile. while it may not take priority for you, mr. silph, it would be in our favor that they do in fact favor us.

one last word of advice before moving on stage, and once the light shone on his face, his lips curled up, a soft smile taking hold as it naturally did. a hand waving at the cheering masses moved with the man as he approached the stand.

quickly clearing his throat away from the mic, he’d look forward, a calm voice cascading from his throat and into the mic; the soothing tone chosen to keep the masses unintimidated and tranquil.

god day citizens of hoenn. i thank you for your kindness in allowing us to be the figureheads in such times. i know each and everyone of you are looking for answers to questions we may or may not be able to answer, but please allow us to introduce ourselves first and foremost.

a second of silence would allow him the chance to catch his breath, continuing promptly after the quick rest.

as many of you know, i am kim cole, and currently, i am acting in commissioner goode’s place in sending cadets and veterans alike to your location or others to provide assistance. in other words, I am managing missions and league request alike. along with such commands i will be the representative for the league… for the time being.

i do not intend to let my words woo you over, my actions have and will continue to grant me your favor, so, i will now let my coworkers introduce themselves.

a few steps taken to the side, away from the mic, would signal for gilbert to make himself known.

close tab

played by

yuko

valeria
he/him
twenty-nine
councilman
council
20 height
20 height
You knew who I was with every step that I ran to you
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valeria
gilbert valeria
RISE [ LEAGUE ]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 18:38:29 GMT
gilbert valeria Avatar
gilbert nods at silph in response, a slight frown paired with pinched in eyebrows to confirm that he agrees with him regarding his point. he knows this, understands this, and feels like his words are being warped for a curt response. "of course." he responds politely, watching kim walk over into the spotlight for a moment by himself. gilbert allows his gaze to linger on fernando for a moment as he watches kim from behind the curtain. his eyes fall down upon the man's entire frame, searching for any hostility toward him.

to imply that gilbert's intentions are not pure, especially in his and kim's midst, irks the mossdeep native deeply enough to seize the moment to clarify. "fernando, i just want to make it clear; i'm here for the benefit of hoenn. and i'll help out however i need to." he refuses to be meek in the presence of someone with such a defined edge to him, and allows for response from fernando but is not given enough time from kim.

upon hearing his name from the stage, gilbert steps away from silph and into the limelight where the crowd claps for both him and kim cole. "hello, everyone. it's an honor to be here. as mr. cole said, i am gilbert valeria of mossdeep city," his eyes land on a few city council members from his hometown and he offers them a slight smile.

"as you all know, kim will be our primary representative in commissioner goode's absence. i am thrilled to be working in conjunction with him and our other council members to combat the challenges our nation is currently facing, and i assure you that each one of us will be giving it our full effort to promise a better future for everyone in hoenn," some claps interrupt him, and he smiles again. his grin lets on modesty, even if it is practiced in a setting such as this. he puts up a hand to quell their applause.

"i will be responsible for a lot of the internal affairs of the league. a lot of the issues with our day-to-day functionality, such as missing gym leaders and newly appointed ones, will come through me. even with external threats, we must be sure to keep our own gears turning, so to speak. and i must say, it's one of the few things i can surely say that i am good at!" the humble joke earns a chuckle from the collective crowd; gilbert takes the opportunity to gesture to the side of the stage.

"here's the fantastic fernando silph!"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
RISE [ LEAGUE ]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 1:29:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
tch. how tacky. fernando never gets a chance to bite back at kim's little remark. not when he's about to hit the stage. despite the tension, fernando's not one to jeopardize the others. not here. not yet. that's why his exposition on how the docility of a nation led to their demise will have to wait. it's the same type of waiting that ultimately made up the recipe for kanto's downfall. last time it had been intentional, this time he'll do everything in his power to prevent it.

only gilbert is left for conversation when kim takes the stage. rather then interupt, he allows the man to add his own snippet to the mix. fernando only nods in response. an "i know" will have to suffice. although his tone is sharp fernando understands very well how much this means to the others. neither seem to hold the stomach to jump through the same hoops he had. their intention are genuine, or at least on the surface. anything else would have blind sided him entirely.

valeria gives him the cue and with purposed steps fernando makes the last of the councilmen to make his appearance. unlike the others, his reception is the least responsive. although his support in the region is slowly coming to hold, those who share @elinda 's line of thinking, those who despise the thought of an outsider taking up their ranks, those that think silph is only there due his wealth and not the merit of his action, they all remain quiet yet dubious of their new leader.

"thank you mister valeria. i am fernando eliard silph from kanto, acting ceo of silph co, and from hereon in i will be actively responsible for management of the league's logistics and military effort." there's no facade in his speech. fernando's approach is direct and technical, no different than a board meeting. what he sees is not his subjects but cog of a mistuned machine. today, that changes.

"i want to thank the people of hoenn from the bottom of my heart. your kindness toward those displaced from kanto has been evident to me since the day one. since slateport, i've done my best to repay that kindness by make sure that the league has the means to provide and supply those in needs. silph co. and devon have been essential in making sure that no one effected by slateport has gone without food or shelter."

he pauses, deliberately.

"what i bring to the table is the kaizen that will allow hoenn to revolutionize the way it handles domestic transportation. my time in hoenn may have been short but we have already seen the difference in being able to make due with having to relocate so many locals in such a short time. although times are rough, we have already seen an increase in capabilities of new cadets and officers by implementing cross regional training. the appointment of several new gym leaders have shown that hoenn recognizes the raw potential each and every one of you have. i have the utmost faith in each of you and hope to earn yours as well in due time."

with that, fernando bows and returns the stage to kim.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
RISE [ LEAGUE ]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2019 1:07:19 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
kim would be the first to clap, ushering the crowd to do the same, their responses mixed after the brazen speech.

as he steps where he stood once more, he’d chuckle, beginning to speak.

thank you mr. valeria and mr. silph, for your wonderful introductions. we will no-

kim begins to slur, everything goes white, he falls to the ground, foam coming from his mouth…. he’s dead.

(placeholder until i can think of something)