twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
did i close my fist around something delicate?
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
FREEZE [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2018 15:40:19 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
"earl! fire spin!" water pools far beneath the duo, moving slowly toward the small delta that leads out of the cavern. ice crowds the surface of the water to remind the traveler of the frigid conditions. zeke's foot slips on the frost-covered bridge he stands on, one that stretches far across the wide river.

flames erupt at the entrance of the bridge, meant to block entry of an angered beartic. the silvery fur disappears behind the fire wall, a roar erupting with enough resonance in the air the release a few icicles from the cavern's ceiling far above, sending them crashing into the water below with a splash. zeke does not turn his back, does not move, does not breathe -- he is prey that freezes to avoid detection, waiting for the beartic to pass. the crackling of flames that burn on magmortar's head and across the bridge are the only sounds that go against the flowing water below for a few moments, and zeke's tension releases.

"that was...shit. thanks earl." the magmortar that looms over him nods and grunts before returning to his pokeball; the flickering fire spin the only thing remaining to signal his presence.

"guess i need to find another way deeper."

the water beneath continues to rush as his feet carry him back ti the other end of the bridge.

@senri
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FREEZE [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2018 1:49:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

senri heard that the materials found in shoal cave are actually the components used to make shell bells. he remembers owning one of them when he was still a trainer before, but that was one of the many, many things that he left behind when moving to kalos. it would be...nice if he is able to gather some items in order for the old man that lives nearby the cave. he uses lapi to help him cross over the high tide, noting that some of the pools of water are already starting to freeze, so he has to carefully walk across it before letting out the large water pokemon. the lapras seems very comfortable in this chilly environment, letting out a happy cry as she splashes her fins on the water. he carefully climbs on her as he points to the opening at the other side. "i'm sure there are more bodies of water for you to go to. we'll just see how far we can go and then i'll let you swim around for a while, okay?"

he is right, as expected. the next "room" is a wide, open expanse, but it doesn't look like they are alone. he notes that there is a large, hulking pokemon at the other side of the bridge, and he can feel a small trace of heat from the side where he's standing. he remembers searching up that pokemon before: a beartic? he has aika to support him in the event that they would get into a fight, but that string of wooden planks is too, too risky to attempt something like a lava plume. he joins with the other trainer with a greeting and a question, "hey, guess we can't go this way, huh?" he loathes the idea of burning down the bridge--that would make no sense. besides, the beartic doesn't look like it wants to cross over. he figures that the other side is his territory and the moment they try to infringe in it, it would send them into a chilly death. the water below does not look all too inviting, either, but if they were bold...

no, it's current is a bit too strong for his liking. he is not sure if lapi can handle it. maybe they could... "do you think paralysing it would work?" he asks, remembering that hikaru is in his poke ball at the moment. "i also have a flareon, but i'm not comfy with using her on the bridge. we have to get to the other side somehow."

tags:
notes: sorry this took a while aaa
8fZqOy80
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
FREEZE [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 0:38:58 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
his eyes stay down at his feet, keeping an eye on where he steps to ensure he doesn't slip in fall into the drink below. step by step, he makes his way back across the bridge, a voice pulling his eyes up into the space before him. "oh...yeah. i think there's more than just that beartic, too." it serves as his greeting to the other trainer, a grimace taking place of a friendly smile.

if worse came to worst, earl could have sent the thing to a fiery death. zeke refrained, his interest more in the integrity of shoal cave and the bridge. when the other guy mentions paralysis, zeke nods. "yeah, that could work. unfortunately i don't have anything on me that can paralyze, do you?" alone and stuck on the bridge, he had no interest in pursuing that route. but now, with another trainer? perhaps the route could be secured. he nods again, turning back to the bridge behind him.

"i didn't bring my amoonguss for paralysis, and i didn't bring any flying pokemon because i knew the place would be littered with ice types...guess i'm paying for that decision now." a chuckle escapes his lips and he looks back at his new acquaintance by convenience, eyes falling down to his own belt, which is decorated with 6 pokeballs. thoughts, ideas run through his mind. "best i can do is lower some defenses and actually battle. i just didn't really want to walk into a swarm by myself." especially without a lot of his main pokemon.

"so unless you're ready to clear out some baddies, we could try to find another way around." they're in this together now, whether or not the guy wants it. zeke looks to him with a hand on his hip, waiting for a decision.

@senri

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FREEZE [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2018 15:56:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar

senri isn't expecting anything less. he knows that walrein are particularly plentiful around these parts and they are no joke to mess with. are there still golbats at this kind of temperature? perhaps not, but he expects other ice types to take its place. then again, if those large bat pokemon can survive the frigid mountains of snowpoint, then there is little reason to doubt that they would be here in shoal cave too. at the mention of paralysis his minun waves at the new face, very much ready to smack a thunder wave at a pokemon when able, though senri is admittedly not sure if his attack is enough to addle a large bear. perhaps stun it, which would buy them enough time to take it down a notch.

"unfortunately i only have pokemon that can float. that's the best compromise i can offer." of course, if the other's intention was to carry them over to the other side, his florges and doublade wouldn't be able to do that. they could at least carry themselves over and attack the beatric without having to use the bridge, though, which would allow them safe passage, ideally. he gets the concern about flying types and ice types though. bringing one here is risky, with one's wings an easy target for an ice or rock attack. plus, there isn't a lot of room to fly around; the ceiling is already a clear limitation.

"a number of my pokemon are for battling, but they can provide support as well." he then lets out a chuckle, "i'm always down to take on some mean pokemon. he pulls out one of his poke balls and sends out a pair of swords; their attention alert and ready for battle. "noburo, support hikaru. you know what to do." one quick assessment of the field already clues the ghost type that they are mainly there for some levitation assistance. the minun charges some electricity in his cheeks before hopping onto the flat side of the blades, flying over the bridge to the other side where the beartic is waiting. the ice type lets out a roar, but hikaru responds with a THUNDER WAVE that jolts the bear, making it twitch and flinch but still able to keep its stance. the little electric type then jumps from the doublade for a QUICK ATTACK square in the chest, which wouldn't have been enough to knock their opponent over had the ghost type not moved downward and swiped at its lower limbs with NIGHT SLASH. beartic roars as it falls over, still very much conscious but paralysis making it difficult for it to push itself back up again.

senri considers bringing out his fire type to finish the job, but he decides to ask the other trainer in case he has something that is more precise. "flareon only really has flare blitz and lava plume. care to do the honours?"

tags:
notes: hope this is okay !!
close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
FREEZE [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2018 2:32:15 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
the deliberation, the planning: it all ends in the simple plan of run and gun, spray and pray. "i'll follow your lead then, buddy." it's a stand-in for his temporary partner's name, and he reminds himself to ask for it at the earliest convenience.

despite having no name to call him, zeke is not uneasy or distrusting in the guy's presence. the eagerness to battle pleases him, and as it unfolds, zeke sees some expertise before him. the beartic had retained its rage, maybe even saved it for zeke's return. he watches in awe as the minun soars across the gap to confront the much larger pokemon. with a few moments of conflict, the guy's pokemon duo has the beartic on its knees.

"no need to tell me twice. roan! earl!" in this moment, zeke seeks to please his battling partner, prove that he is up to the challenge. the mawile appears beside him, the entire gap still separating her from the rest of the battle. the magmortar follows a moment later, his hulking body towering over the mawile. the magmortar's strength allows him to easily catapult the mawile across, her IRON HEAD shining in the dim light of the cave as she crashes down on the paralyzed beartic.

it all happens in an instant. "should be done. let's get going." he steps forward, feet still hesitant on the icy bridge. "i'm zeke, by the way."

@senri

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?