breakfast for two

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 17:53:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

once finished with the challenge silph asked francie if she had any plans that day. she didn't, so she asked him to lunch in oldale because there was a very good restaurant there that made killer breakfast all day long. probably her favorite place to stop by if she were traveling through oldale. it was so good. and she'd ordered nearly everything on the menu before.

as they arrived, probably via teleport by fernando's pokémon, francie's eyes moved over to the building and she reached over - out of habit - to take fernando's hand in excitement as she ushered him over to the building.

"i wish i was kidding when i say they're the best breakfast ever." a small laugh left her as she walked with him and inside if he'd let her lead. "and we're here before lunch rush, so that's good timing. it's a good thing you aced the challenge." otherwise they'd be waiting in line.

[newclass=.francie]width:300px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:11px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 18:53:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she had asked him out for lunch but here they are for breakfast. fernando has no favor for abiding his meals to the time of day but even he finds himself questioning the habit. while not a fan of breakfast himself, there's no need for him to vocalize his thoughts. instead, he soaks in the old-fashioned ambiance of the restaurants interior, silently admitting that it adds a loving touch to the mom and pop theme. it reminds him of an old shanty inn in slateport. or what used to be slateport. memories linger back to his encounter to @tsundere but he quickly dismisses it. reminiscing is for old men, for those in solitude. today, fernando is anything but.

the fact that she had held his hand throughout their ordeal goes without consequence. he thinks nothing of it but another part of her quirk, a staple and by product of her bright, up-lifting personality. it's a stark contrast to his own but makes it easier to blend in with. all he has to do is play to her theme - a trivial task when all he has to do is abide by the opposite of his normal reactions. masking his opinions is child's play with enough experience. and fernando? ha. decades of training, exposure, and camouflaging his intentions and view make him seem more compatible with the ditto and kecleon he keeps by his side than the humans that surround him.

with large, open eyes, fernando resorts to being a bystander caught outside him comfort zone. it's up to francie to lead him around. the scene resembles an overly enthusiastic young girl dragging along her large, complacent arcanine. with heavy steps, fernando follows, never on pace but never too far behind.

"you've met every expectation so far, miss myrtle, but i'm afraid your praise for this place has really put the bar up high."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 20:56:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

"oh, don't be spoiled." francie scolded him playfully.

once they were inside she was waving her hand to get them a table. they were told to sit wherever they liked and that had francie thinking, where would fernando eliard silph want to sit? probably somewhere he could see every exit and entrance but have quick access to one of them. with that in mind, she picked a table that would allow exactly that.

now, why would she assume he'd like that? because she did. she liked having an escape and being able to keep an eye on the unexpected. be it paranoia or experience, life led her to think those things through and prepare for them.

"more importantly," she pointed her finger up before taking one of the menus in the compartment holding the condiments on the side of the table. "anything you can think of that you'd eat for breakfast, and some foods that you wouldn't. they serve breakfast all day, but they have other stuff as well. i've just only had the breakfast menu here." clearly, francie was a fan of breakfast foods.

[newclass=.francie]width:300px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:12px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 2:12:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she's correct but thinks far too deeply onto their seating arrangement. even fernando can't tell whether its intentional or not. he attributes it to a coincidence and takes his seat by her side. rather than sit across, his seat is right next to hers, granting them the same view as they sit at one corner of the square shaped table.

"you know this place better than i do." his eyes flicker back to the entrance before darting to the kitchen. "i'll go with whatever you recommend."

with a scoot of his chair, fernando leans in to look at francie's menu alongside her, rather than use his own. this type of closeness is something he feels that someone of her character would appreciate, allowing himself to cut loose now that they're out in public. there's no need for caution when pulling something out in the open would prove disastrous for her. well, that's his reasoning anyway.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 3:57:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

his closeness was not lost on her. in fact, it caused her nose to pick up on his scent. natural or otherwise, it was nice. not overpowering either, which was a relief. she'd known others who would spray so much fake on them that they smelled like a department store. but maybe that had been their point.

"whether i know it better than you or not, i don't know your palate better than you do." she leaned a bit toward him, revealing the menu for him a bit more. "are you more a breakfast man, a lunch man, or a dinner man, mr. silph?"

she wasn't the type to blush and move away from personal space being invaded. her personal space bubble pretty well only surrounded her private areas. she was a cuddler and enjoyed physical contact, so it was a welcome change.

she wouldn't have pegged him as one to allow such closeness, but was relieved to learn he was.

[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:12px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 4:41:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
his right hand lays as a closed fist in front of him. his left clasps around it, affirming his posture as well as his foothold. on this matter, he will not budge - but she's welcome to try. "today, i'm whatever you want me to be." he's had enough of a gander at the menu and feels reasonably comfortable that she won't make a bad choice. anything he'd prefer to avoid seemed to be absent on the menu, granting him a slight confidence at best.

a waitress finally moseys on over and asks for their order. it's now that fernando's given the chance to put her onto the spot. a shake of his head shows his disinterest, "she's ordering for me."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 20:29:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

Francie's eyes linger over the menu. Her expression clearly reads that Mr. Silph is not only being difficult but a bit of a spoiled sport. She decides not to focus on that and instead focuses on what he might like. He seems like a man that can pretty well eat anything-- except the strange foods. Like alfalfa and the like. Strange sprouts that nobody really eats.

"I'll be having the strawberry and blackberry crepes, with a side of ... yep, cheese grits." It was an odd combination and now the pregnant writer wants some dammit but it sounded delicious. "He'll have your breakfast combo, with bacon, scrambled eggs, hash, and ... toast, not biscuits." With a final smile to the waitress, she set the menu down and turned her gaze to Fernando.

"Well? How'd I do?"

[newclass=.francie]width:300px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 22:18:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando's not sure what to make of her decision. naturally, hers is more tailored to her taste but his had been ordinarily plain. she takes the safe route. that in itself isn't enough to determine anything about a person but fernando still keeps it as a note. he'll have to pry further later.

"i'll have to taste it to see," he remarks with a twist of teasing. now they wait.

"so why petalburg?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 0:44:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

"I grew up there," she began with a smile. "I was in born in Rustboro, since Petalburg only has an ER, and my father actually works as a teacher in Rustboro. But he enjoys the bike ride." That was silly information to tell a person just a few hours into meeting them, but, then again, Fernando had asked.

"What about you? Why League Council?" Her attention was off of herself and onto him. Her eyes moved from her fingers fidgeting with the edge of the table up to him, focusing on him. She had a habit of staring people right in the eyes and having no fear- probably a habit from having been a trainer. Lots of eye contact, that.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 0:56:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her answers line up with what he knows. no tricks, no lies. he doesn't expect as such but you never know. so far, francie fills out every checkbox in her archetype. it makes fernando feel closer, more invested into getting to know her, if only to break her down once he has her.

"because no one else who can do it will stand up." his eyes narrow but its coldness isn't aimed at her, he averts his gaze. "they took my home once. i set up in slateport and that's gone too." the events of that night will never leave his mind. the blood, the carnage, the restraint he had to impose on himself in front of the rest of the league. oh, how easy it would have been to let go. if only.

"the first time i had been too slow. this time i tried to be respectful and not intrude in someone else's affairs. i guess things are serious enough for them to let me take control, no matter how much they dislike me."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 1:01:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

That look in his eyes didn't scare her, because it wasn't directed at her. Instead, it made her curious. It made her so curious she was a little annoyed that he was being vague. But she'd only just met the man! She shouldn't have expected him to bare his soul to her... even if for whatever reason that's all she really wanted.

The story of his home being taken, Kanto, it had a small part of her boiling with irritation and rage. The same bubble and boil that had her joining up to become a gym leader. That boil and bubble that had her hating the fact that it took her until the Slateport Invasion to even bother thinking about joining up to help against Rocket. She wasn't ashamed though. It was one of those, 'Not on my turf' moments. But now that she could see the hurt that was caused in Kanto, she did regret having not fought a little sooner.

"Why would they dislike you, Mr. Silph?" A smile appeared after her words. She wasn't making light of his point, but she was teasing him. "Do you have bad standing with the rest of the council? I have to admit, I haven't been as up with the politics of the council as I should have been."

[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 1:09:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"politics aren't pretty - they never are." fernando eyes on of the waitresses that exit the kitchen. his eyes follow her up until she stops at a different table. looks like they'll have to wait a little longer. "people have their agendas and how they treat you depends on that. it doesn't help that i'm an outsider. it makes me different. and my position at silph co. makes them worry about a conflict of interest."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 1:28:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

Kim Cole seemed pretty, and he was part of the politics she was referring to, but she understood what Fernando meant by that statement. Politics could get, metaphorically - or literally - bloody. People of power over other people were typically assassinated if disliked enough. From Champions and Commissioners to Councilmen, she supposed.

"It's interesting, how differences can cause such fear in people." It was an offhanded comment, but she meant it. One person of power that is different than the rest would spur rumors of disloyalty. Messy.

"But you've proved you're looking out for the best of Hoenn, haven't you? At least, I haven't heard the opposite to be true." That Mr. Silph was looking for the worst for Hoenn, looking to tear it down.

"I think if you have a revenge mindset, but it's leading you to better the region and make it stronger so that the same thing doesn't happen again, then it's... well, sort of heroic." She shrugged; as if she hadn't just paid him a compliment.

[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 1:55:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando has no comments for her insights. he waits to see what else she has to say, absorbing it all until she comes to a close. "it's a bit more nuanced than that." the discussion doesn't fit her personality, or so he assumes. so he leave it at that - just in time for their food to arrive. fernando excuses himself by scooting back as the waitress places down their plates. he waits until she's done and left before making a move. the faint steam rises from his food and fernando glances back at francie.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
breakfast for two
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 2:03:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

At some point, she was supposed to bring up the Council and Gym Leaders and ask what Silph thought of them, but then the food arrived and she found herself completely distracted by the smell of crepes and the rest of their food.

She turned her attention to Silph and she couldn't help how she laughed. Not at him, but at the way he seemed to wait for her attention before continuing forward. "Well, don't let me stop you." She began before smiling. "Dig in, tell me how terrible a decision it was." She did scoot the salt, pepper, and ketchup his way though. Just in case he needed any of it.