hello there sir.

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 21:26:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

Francie's eyes moved around the small opening of Mauville. Right in the smack center of Mauville was an opening enough for bird Pokémon to land, but Francie had taken a cab to get to the city that day so luckily she didn't have to hire a tamer or anything. What she should really do, to save her some money, was get herself a Psychic Pokémon that could teleport her around. Maybe she would teach Jill how to teleport when Jill became an Espeon... she could, not, wait!

But for now, she had a meeting with Councilman Cole. This meeting was going to be interesting, to say the least. She hadn't met any other council member aside from , who seemed like an alright enough guy. And more importantly, seemed like he didn't much care for Cole? Perhaps it was one of those 'I want to be King of the tree house' sort of situations... Francie wasn't sure, but she would like to know Kim's side of it all.

So, she made her way into Mauville and around the shops until she found the café they'd decided to meet at. Once there, she took a seat and placed herself an order, explaining that she was waiting on somebody. They brought her the beverage and let her be to sip at her coffee and wait for her company.

[newclass=.francie]width:300px;text-align:justify;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:12px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 1:05:56 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
kim was never one to arrange meetings with anyone, it was simply either him confirming that they would hang out eventually or asking if they’d like to come over. but with how much work had been put on his plate as of late, it became something that needed doing.

the free time he had to himself was something of a luxury, almost as much of one as an oasis within the desert, so when he saw the opportunity to pass off a meeting between him and a gym leader as work, he was sure to do so.

so, after freshening up, he’d take his time, arriving at the meeting place a little later than planned but arriving nonetheless, a soft smile situation itself onto his face as he approached.

francie, right?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 1:24:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

Francie was definitely on her third cup of coffee. Granted, she should have gotten one large instead of three small. Either way, thankfully Kim had finally shown up and Francie found herself so thankful that she wasn't people watching any longer she stood when he spoke to her.

"Yep!" Oh, it was only then she realized she sounded a bit too excited. So, she slowed her roll, her smile still on her face but her excitement dialed down a notch or four. "Yeah, Francie Myrtle. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Cole."

She called , Mr. Silph, so calling him Mr. Cole simply seemed polite.

[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.francie img]width:85px;float:right;padding:10px;margin-top: 3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 1:55:58 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
what an enthusiastic response she gave, it caught him off guard a tad and for the briefest of seconds his calmed expression would turn to that of surprise, it quickly shifting to a delighted one; his eyes squinting as the smile pushed at his cheeks.

the pleasure is all mine.

he’d correct her, his tone equally as bright as his smile.

just kim is fine, mr.cole doesn’t suit me.

pulling out his chair he’d take a seat, reaching across the table to steal her cup, sipping from it then promptly setting it down, filling what remained of the coffee with sugar.

i’ll pay, so if you want anything else feel free to order it.

a straw pulled from the basket in the middle of the table slowly stirred the mixture, stopping once the grains dissipated into the coffee. he’d wait for her to take her seat before asking.

so, why’d you order your very own councilman for the day?

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 2:09:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

Oh, and right when he corrected her twice, she realized his charm got him a lot of things. Which he probably knew. The pleasure of their meeting was all his and she called him the wrong thing, she was on a roll so far, wasn't she? At least the negative and the positive canceled each other out.

As he pulled his chair out to take a seat, she took her own seat and watched him steal her cup. A small brow was lifted at that, and she kept her eyes on him as he continued to his coffee in her cup?

What a strange man. Not at all what she had expected, yet somehow not much different. Contradictions are so average when it came to the higher individuals in the League that Francie was beginning to wonder if she should create one for herself. Though she was so sweet and then so very not when battling, she supposed she did have her own. Hm.

"I asked you here simply to meet you for myself." That was the honest truth. "Any information about the other Gym Leaders or Council members I glean from you during this meeting would only be a plus."

[newclass=.francie b]font-weight:lighter;color:#E7A000;font-size:13px;font-family:calibri;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 2:37:54 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
is that so?” he’d say putting the drink to his lips and gulping the mixture down quickly, setting the emptied cup onto the table.

with a slight lick of his lips he’d look down at his hands, wrapping around the cup, then asking.

what do you want to know then?

sitting up a bit he’d look her in the eye, quietly observing.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 2:42:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

"That's a loaded question." She admitted, tilting her head to the side. "I suppose..."

She had all sorts of questions. From him to his opinion of Silph to his impression of how serious the other Gym Leaders were down to how she could show she was a serious Gym Leader as well.

"I'll start with something pretty simple and self-reflective- how can I be better than the last Gym Leader of Petalburg? How can I make more of a difference, fight the good fight?" She hoped she didn't come off sounding like she needed to 'impress' anybody. "I'd like to get us all as closely on the same page as possible. We're in a position of authority, of protection for our cities- we need to be united, and it feels so... I don't know, split, and frazzled."

Slateport's fall was a result of that, was it not?

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 2:52:58 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
who was the last gym leader of slateport anyways? he hadn’t a clue, honestly all the junk prior to slateport was a blur, and the fact of the matter was that if not for that incident, he wouldn’t even be in his position.

just don’t be an asshole, i guess.

whistling over a waiter he’d order a tea for himself, and another cup of coffee for her, reimbursement for the one he previously partoon in.

people are looking for protection right now, they’re all in a tizzy because they think rockets will be around every corner, just assure them that they’re safe and if the need arises, fight their battles.

people weren’t that complicated.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 3:08:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

And suddenly Francie was wondering just how serious of a person Kim was. Reassuring the people was a lot harder when you were barely five foot one inch tall, a whole one hundred and fifty-four centimeters, with a cute smile and petite frame. People looked to strong, buff, men like him to say reassuring things. They looked to her to make them a sandwich and take care of the children. At least, that's what she'd run into at Petalburg recently. But a small-minded town like Petalburg, they created their own safety with neighborhood watches. Not that she was offended, she was happy to see the people stepping up and taking their own responsibility.

"I have 'not be an asshole' covered, at least." Francie's tone suggested she didn't much like that the answer she got was the obvious one she'd thought of. She supposed some wisdom came with experience and other wisdom was simply common sense.

As the coffee arrived, she added a bit of sugar and mostly some cream into the cup. With a small stir, she sipped, then set the cup down on the table before tapping at the table top.

"What're your thoughts on the other Council Members then? As in, should I approach either of them and introduce myself or wait for them to reach out?" She'd already reached out to Fernando, but she wasn't about to voice that. Not at the moment. Why? She wasn't completely sure.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 3:31:04 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
taking the tea from the waiter he’d give a nod, smiling to them and setting it down to cool as he pondered.

thoughts on other councilmembers? to him they were all just sort’ve… there. there were times where he got to talk to them but their conversations were often sparse. he didn’t much have an opinion on them really.

i guess they’re pretty okay. i don’t talk to them that often, we’re all busy with our own things after all. i guess the only one i can really comment on is ferny.

as he dumped copious amounts of sugar into the tea, stirring it with the same straw he previously used he’d continue.

he doesn’t seem to really like ANYONE really. which is understandable.

after blowing into the cup for a bit he’d take a sip, pulling it back and setting it back onto the table. still too hot.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 13:29:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

F-Ferny? Oh! Fernando, Mr. Silph.

That took longer than she would have liked to connect in her mind. Then again, she'd called him Mr. Silph the entire time they'd spent time together thus far... was that too formal? No, it's not like she was another Council Member, she was just a Gym Leader. Mr. still felt right.

Though the idea that he didn't like anyone made her think back on their time together. He seemed to tolerate her decently enough, enough to laugh and share food. Though he had warned her about sides, she remembered that vividly. Sort of startled her. Maybe she kept them all at an arm's length on purpose. Perhaps it was his way of seeming intimidating, or maybe he simply didn't want any political figures knowing his business.

More questions to ask him when they met next, she supposed.

"I'll keep that in mind." She still wasn't sure she wanted to tell him she'd already spoken with Silph. "What steps are the Council Members taking in gaining Slateport back? Or is there even a plan for that just yet?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2018 21:46:46 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
a sip taken from his cup would beget the quiet between them, the moment spent in silence urging him to stare to the side.

that was a question he should be ready to answer, but the hesitation he felt to do so made him a little uneasy. he’d sigh, giving her as honest an answer as he could muster.

for the time being we are trying to find order. as i said before, people are looking for protection, so we can’t focus our efforts on attacking just yet.

the lax tone he previously had would stiffen slightly as he continued, looking back to her.

that isn’t to say we think of slateport as a lost cause of course, we need to get it back as soon as we can. it’s just that as soon as we can might be a ways off.

rockets took over an important area, that was no doubt, but the fact that they’ve conquered that area means their thirst for more may be quenched, even if only for the moment.

if they try anything like slateport again, we’ll be on our toes…

a slight seriousness showed in his eyes, quickly reforming to calm as he finished speaking.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2018 18:50:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","francie"]

Oh yes, that was a breath of fresh air. That seriousness gave her a bit of hope. It sounded to her like this council member was just as serious about saving Hoenn as she would have hoped him to be.

"I'm honestly relieved." Francie let out a small breath of air. "I've been so worried about the other Gym Leaders, they don't seem like they know where they want to start with Slateport, or how. Even I wasn't, until now."

"What if we rallied them?" That sounded a bit like a coup. "I mean, what if we held a mandatory League meeting. We could group and share ideas, or suggestions. Not only let the Gym Leaders have a say, but to also show that the Council is behind them, willing to stick out as much as they can to help them."

Was that... a little bit of a pipe dream?

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2018 2:04:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A GENEROUS DELIBIRD APPEARS!

[attr="class","aname2"]
HE COMES BEARING GIFTS...

[attr="class","ipad"]
YOU RECEIVE THE FOLLOWING:[break][break]
[break][break][break][break]

note: you may incorporate the delibird into your thread or ignore the bird entirely
[googlefont=Montserrat][googlefont=Roboto Condensed]

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
hello there sir.
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2018 22:34:35 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
as the cup sat at his lips he would smile, looking to her with a warm expression. soon the cup would be set onto the table, kim speaking promptly after.

sounds like a plan alright. and if you’re still up for it when we’re done here i say try it. though, you should keep in mind, everyone is awfully busy with their own things. making such a meeting mandatory just for them to say a little bit about themselves would be a waste of time they find valuable. time that could have been spent doing what they needed to be doing. time they could have spent helping others. time they could have spent stopping chaos but was instead spent in a room having idle chatter with their peers.

his words came out a bit harsh, but his smile remained; himself calm and collected as he delivered the rebuttal.

do you mind if i offer an alternative?