Mission Details here

[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@luddy

words

notes
here

If there was one thing that cheesed him off, it was the fact that he couldn’t bring the bike he so favored for when he was busy with his sideline job as a courier of packages all the way out here to Shoal Cave. Sure, he’d managed to get here via the ferry from Lilycove, but what exactly was so… well, urgent about this summons he’d received from the League?

Looking at the piece of paper he had with him, he sighed. Apparently some geologists had discovered a cave somewhere deep in the lowest reaches of Shoal Cave, and if there was another thing he disliked about the place it was the fact that high tide and low tides were extremely unpredictable. No thanks to the changing climate, the oft-expected low-tide, high-tide shift of six hours had changed somewhat, which left him with lesser time to get to wherever this cavern was, get the resources there and bust ass out of the place.

He then looked around, wondering where his companion was. Hopefully they wouldn’t take too long, because the changing tides would be an absolute bitch to get caught in, no matter how many ways he looked at it from so many perspectives and possibilities.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
accidental spelunking [gg]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2018 2:37:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

This was a mistake.

What Luther had thought he had signed up for was a cave exploring tour. This was something of a small vacation for him, being here in Mossdeep. He had a cousin here he was hoping to see and this was going to be his final little indulgence before he went back home to Lavaridge.

Instead, Luddy found himself ferried out in front of a cavern and given some instructions. This would be terrible.

"Hello?" He had taken a bit upon arriving to peek into the mouth of the cavern before wandering around more outside. From what he could gather, wild pokemon wouldn't attack at the moment which was... great. Luther was not a trainer and did not know how to command a pokemon in battle. He would prefer to not be pushed to that point.

Upon wandering back he happened upon a fellow not there before. "Excuse me," He started. "Are you here for the, ah... mission?" He didn't like had signed up for this one bit.

throws my dumbdumb @ u

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2018 16:26:29 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@luddy

words

notes
*pats*

He was taking a look around the cavern, hoping that they didn’t have to run into any wild Pokémon the further down they went. It wasn’t until he heard a voice addressing him did he turn around to see another male approaching him.

“Yes, that would be me… you look skittish,” he noted a few moments later, brushing some of the bangs that were falling into his eyes. “Are you okay?” he went on, eyebrows going up slightly. While he couldn’t read auras, he did have one companion who could hopefully reassure the other.

Reaching into a pocket of his jacket, he plucked out a shrunken-down Moon Ball and popped it to full size, sending his Riolu out in a flash of red light. Once the small Jackal Pokémon appeared and shook his head, before curiously looking at Lars, he then tilted his head in the other man’s direction.

“Think you can keep him calm?” he asked the other, not knowing that his companion had been in a rough spot with Pokémon in general. “I know you can do it, that emotion-reading and stuff,” he added, before the Riolu let out an approving yip and slowly approached the other, coming to a stop before looking up and then flashing a curious little smile, the corners of its eyes crinkled up.

“If… well, we just have to go in deep. I have flashlights, in case you need one,” he added, gesturing to the messenger bag he had with him. “Shall we get going?”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2018 21:40:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"I admit I thought I signed up for something else. This isn't the type of thing I normally do." The types of things that Luther normally did were sit at home, quiet, or do things in town where he was away from wild pokemon. Certainly not spelunking in a cavern. Just sight seeing on the occasion if he could find a reputable group to do it with. This was honestly kind of the worst case scenario in his mind.

"I should be okay. Feel free to lead the way." Even if this wasn't what he had wanted, Luddy was determined to at least help out and try not to get in the other's way. It wasn't the other's fault that he had gotten stuck with a civilian. At least it didn't look too bad, just as pretty as the pictures online even from here. The tour would have been lovely.

"My name is Luther, by the way. It's nice to meet you." He glanced down at the Rilou before inching away from the approaching pokemon slowly. The only pokemon he was really comfortable being around was Dapper and that had taken a lot of therapy... The poor pokemon would be able to sense his anxiety, of course, and would certainly know that it was the problem. Shame since it was so cute.

"It looks a little different in here than pictures I've seen." Vaguely motioning to the surf, where the tide was low and you could walk on it and just risk getting your shoes wet if you were careful on the rocks. "I don't think that path was there."

we can have them find the cave however you want >:u

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2018 13:29:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@luddy

words

notes
*pats*

So, someone out of his comfort zone… lucky I chose Alpha, he thought idly in his mind as the Riolu hung around at a respectable distance from the other blonde. He could tell that the Fighting-type could pick up distress from an individual’s general aura, and he turned around for a few moments before crouching down—so the jackal-like Pokémon could approach his companion.

“Look, I know you can tell… wait, are you sure? he began, backtracking before the Riolu continued to gesture at the other blonde and placing a paw on his own hand. “How can you tell so much… well, just be careful and keep your distance,” he continued, before gently gesturing at the Fighting-type to stay close enough to Luther, but not to actually have physical contact.

The little Fighting-type let out a yipping noise the other blonde’s way, before staying at said distance. At this point, he’d stood up and had stretched his legs a little.

“Funny how there’re other routes and places that lead farther in… I’ve only been here when the high tide’s up, he mused, noticing the water line far above their heads as he led the way toward an entrance that seemed to stretch into the underbelly of Shoal Cave.

“Wonder if the salt here is as they say out on the rumor mill… just drop a handful and your bath’s much more effective than an ordinary bath bomb, he continued, looking over at another path, it looked like there was a perfect pile of salt on a nearby altar-like platform.

“My name’s Laurence, by the way,” he added a few moments later, almost forgetting to introduce himself. “And lucky we’re down this way, I don’t think there’d be any wild Pokémon this route we’re taking,” he continued.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 17:12:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Luther was proud of himself that when the Rilou yipped he only flinched a little. That was... really good progress from where he used to be. He was still very aware of the pokemon, more so than he was anything else in the cavern right now, but it was far enough away he could almost pretend it wasn't there. Almost.

"I can't speak from experience, but in Lavaridge they sell it at high prices as a luxury hot springs and beauty item. My mother swears by it." It was kind of funny, really, when he happened to be out when the little traditional medical store down the street from him got another shipment in. There would be elderly people fighting tooth and nail to get a little sachet of the stuff for their own baths and soaks. It was tempting, that little pile that the other had locked in on, if only because it would make a nice gift for his mother. But, he wasn't too sure on forging the path to grab it and hadn't brought anything to keep it in.

"Hm, I'm glad for that. I've never had a battle before." Which was just the tip of the iceberg with his issues, really, but he wasn't about to get too much into that with someone he just met. It wasn't appropriate to dump your baggage on another until you knew them longer than maybe fifteen minutes.

take care of him uwu

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2018 16:30:10 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@luddy

words

notes
guess what he's going to do...

“Huh, no wonder whenever I come around the area for a soak or two, there’s always no bath bombs available… they’re always sold out,” he mused quietly, turning to the altar. “Well, since there’s nobody else around…” he trailed off, his attention locked onto the pile of perfectly-formed salt that he’d spotted.

Quickly checking his pockets and finding what he was looking for, he then said in his companion’s direction, “Be right back,” before cutting away from the path that led in deeper and approaching the altar. Looking around to make sure that he wasn’t about to trip any hidden traps, he then tentatively headed towards it, preparing to roll out of the way just in case something came swinging his way.

Mercifully, nothing much happened. Once he’d ascended the altar, he then took out the pouch he’d found and quietly scooped up a handful of the salt. It did have a certain aroma. Well, if one says that their mother swears by it. That’s got to be good enough, he thought to himself, filling up the pouch he was holding as quick as he could manage. What he didn’t see was that there was another pile of salt behind this one, and checking his pockets again, was relieved he had a small, empty bottle he’d picked up and scooped up another helping of the salt.

Once he was content with what he’d acquired, he then headed back to where Luther was before handing him the small bottle, cap screwed on.

“Well, they didn’t say anything else about a little detour or two… if your mother has good things to say about it, then that’s as good as fact, he explained. “Since they haven’t gone by here yet, at least we beat them to the chase…right?” he added with a bit of a chuckle, before looking over at his Riolu.

There wasn’t any reaction coming from Alpha, at least for now.

“Shall we keep going?” he asked, staring up at the dark maw that waited up ahead.

Shit, and this is where me not having a Fire-type is going to bite me in the ass… hopefully there’s enough light for us to traverse through this passage, he thought, mentally crossing his fingers.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 2:58:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Luddy watched Laurence as he was brave enough to get the salt. He, of course, got all flustered at being offered a bottle, tried to give it back and pinked just a smidgen on the cheeks, before he reluctantly pocketed it. His mother would be beside herself with excitement and the chance to see that was too good for him to pass up, really.

The cavern ahead of them was dark, much too dark to see without going slow and huddling close, that is. But, as unequipped as he was to handle this situation, of the two of them he had what might be an answer.

"Ah, Dapper might be able to help." Luther said softly, stopping at the entrance and grabbing the only pokeball he had from his pocket. Released was a very fat Herdier. The pokemon was clearly more used to grooming and treats than the wild and seemed confused about the cavern. He waddled over and sniffed of the Rilou, followed by Laurence, his tail waggling slowly all the while. He was looking for pets.

"Dapper, could you use.... ah.... what was it called..." Luther often didn't command his pokemon to use his attacks. "Oh! Sunny Day! Could you please use Sunny Day to try and light up the cave some?"

"Borf." Was the reply, the dog pokemon shaking his fur out. Dapper started to glow hot and yellow, radiating heat and light in equal measure. Then the dog pokemon made his way deeper into the little cavern, better lit than it had been before if a few degrees higher in temperature.

i'm pretty shitty at replying to anyone unless it's with chu-e tbh orz

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2019 15:08:41 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@luddy

words

notes
what's at the end of the passageway? We don't know!

While he knew most Pokémon were capable of seeing in the darkness, the same couldn’t be said for normal humans like themselves. He’d watched as Alpha had run on ahead into the darkness—and he made to call for the other before hearing a yipping noise, which became louder as the Riolu dashed back to where the two humans and the Herdier were headed.

Right then and there the sudden use of Sunny Day from the Herdier lit up the passage, catching the Fighting-type by surprise and looking around at the abrupt change of scenery. The dark path he’d gone down suddenly lit up in an explosion of rainbow-faceted light. Blinking a few moments, the Riolu looked around in silent wonder, before continuing back to where Laurence and his companion was approaching.

“Did you find anything?” he asked the Fighting-type, who then shook his head before pointing down the passage that was now lit up by the Herdier’s Sunny Day.

Interesting… how does that canine know that move? He thought to himself as he checked out the passageway that was now illuminated by the light of the canid’s status change move. The rainbow-colored rocks glittered with an almost otherworldly hue. While there were no obvious things embedded in them like skulls or bones, the way the wall glittered did catch his interest—but there was something at the end of this passageway that caught his attention.

“I don’t think the light reached the very end of the cave… look up ahead, it’s still pretty dark. I hope there’s no trap there…” he said quietly, hoping that whatever waited for them down at the end of the passageway was nothing too terrifying or unsightly.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2019 6:32:53 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE BRUMAL BOUNTY

[attr="class","ipad"]
LAURENCE DISCOVERS...[break][break]

[break][break]

that someone had been here before; yet, they had dropped their belongings, perhaps in a rush to leave. scattered on the ground are pokedollars equaling 100 poké and a technical machine.[break][break]

NOTES[break]
also, +5 infamy / if you have any questions, let me know! enjoy![break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]