baleful borealis [m/gg]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
baleful borealis [m/gg]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2018 22:37:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aya"]

the cold air bites at the tip of her nose. its pigment reddens from increased blood flow, the skin above it depressed from the mask that rests on the bridge. artemis stands alone with a villager, her eyes hidden behind the mask but fully aware of the surroundings that lie beyond the metallic barrier that hides her true identity. to the people in this stinky little village on route 120, she will only be known as artemis. fear of that alias being recognized as one of reasonable infamy does not concern her in a backwater place like this as she finishes up speaking to one of the villagers.

"i understand. we'll come see your husband as soon as the rest of my team arrives." the woman sputters on through tears, but nods her head before turning away from the huntress to go back to his bedside.

rendered unconscious in the middle of the night? not an unreasonable occurrence for a middle-aged man, though artemis is more intrigued with the local theory regarding a coven of froslass beyond the walls of the tiny settlement. her eyes scan her immediate surroundings -- people hover just outside their doors, whispering amongst one another as they eye the mercenary that one of them had hired. artemis is like a beast on display, one that is here to not only save the people but also intrigue them, apparently.

a place like this may crawl with league supporters -- she assumes, at least -- but artemis is both faceless and nameless, and does not fear discovery and arrest in this scenario. the people are desperate enough for help as it is, from the concerned looks that trouble their features.

"now if the other two would just show up, that'd be wonderful." she's in the middle of the town square, the cobblestone beneath her coated in a light layer of snow. numerous paths of footprints swirl around her, but she does not move. she simply waits.

- yuki-onna mission!
- first to show up, spoke to a woman about her unconscious husband.
- the rumor is that it was a froslass
- waiting for chu-e and dallas

@mootu

[newclass=.aya]width:300px; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; line-height:12.5px; text-transform:lowercase[/newclass]
[newclass=.aya b]font-size:10.5px; color:#765d75[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
baleful borealis [m/gg]
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2018 23:07:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Every footstep crunches the snow covered path underneath Dallas' heavy boots. Pulling tight his fur hood - made from the hairs of a Piloswine - he shivers from the cold as he makes his way to small village nestled cozily within Route 120. A rendezvous point for a mission he was assigned - albeit unwillingly - by one of Dallas' superiors. On top of the disappointing task of travelling far north in the chilly winters of the Hoenn region, Dallas was also sans his very close partner Isla. Instead he was assigned to meet up with two others, who may or may not be someone to endanger Dallas. It was a mercenary mission and his identity as a Rocket grunt was unknown to the village or the people he had planned to meet. Instead his identity was solely a helpful traveler looking to lend a helpful hand to those in need. Charity work as they called. 
[break]
    Dallas let out a sneeze. He was starting to catch a cold as his body was not used to this climate, even during the cooler seasons back where he was from. Lurching forward and peering through the light snow, he spotted the village up ahead. It was scattered with various sizes of log cabins, each decorated with a chimney that spouted smoke into the air. A deciduous-like flora bordered the town, with some sections of the forest cut down into a clearing. The villagers were loggers, and it made sense considering the make of their homes. Dallas soon quickened his pace, knowing soon he could finally sit himself down by a fire to warm his toes, and to catch a quick break before any of the hard work begins. He was confident he could sway the villagers into letting him rest after his long journey.
[break]
    Dallas arrived at the entrance to the village and immediately noticed the masked figure standing in the village center. The snow blew lightly over the figure, creating a visual that made Dallas shiver with anticipation. He approached the figure slowly, peering around the village. He soon noticed that the villagers were watching from afar, through wooded shutters and cracks of doorways. Something seemed amiss and Dallas decided to have his guard up. He pulled down his fur hood to reveal his forlorn but welcoming face and gave a warm smile to the figure as he approached. 
[break]
    "You look like a puzzle piece that has been placed in the wrong box. I assume you aren't from around here?" Dallas stopped in front of the figure, the snow decorating his light colored hair and his auburn eyes brightening with curiosity.

• Arrived to rendevous point
  • Approached masked figure in town center (Artemis)

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
baleful borealis [m/gg]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 2:30:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Something fishy was going on.

Chu-e liked to know things. He could jump in over his head and love it, yeah, but that was only when he knew he could get away with it. If you wanted to appear crazy you had to act crazy, after all, but it was always good to know the angles. try and be ready for the surprises. Be wary.

He had been interested in this mission and he had been the one to drop the hammer on orders for a few of the Grunts to do it. He was a Beast, after all, and with rank came power even if he didn't particularly like it.

Chu-e wasn't privy to exactly who had been the unlucky duo to get picked for this task but he had arrived much sooner than they had. The difference was that he hadn't come out of the woodwork right away and instead had headed to the local library to poke around. In small towns like that it was usually the best source of info.

Recently the papers had just turned up cases of the men in town getting sick, like the woman's husband even if he wasn't privy to that just yet, and the rumors of pokemon. Small towns always held secrets and digging farther back into the archives revealed that thirty years or so ago, multiple girls from town had went missing. Only one's body had ever been recovered but no killer had ever been pinned down.

There was a puzzle here and Chu-e intended to get down to it. Reward money was just a bonus. Plus, a little charity act would always help the cause.

It wasn't hard to find the two Grunts with one sticking out like a sore thumb. The mask was a little much, he thought, but he could appreciate someone who went for a certain aesthetic. He made his way down the street to them, a folder of papers under one arm and a Swinub rooting around at his side. A hat was on his head, pulled low, and the hood of his jacket over that.

If they recognized him for who he was or not didn't matter to him.

"This place is fishy." Is all he said at first, expecting the other two to be up to speed. He offered Aya the folder of vague ramblings and scribblings he had pieced together. She looked more reliable than the man did. "Froslass don't just come from nothing like other Ghost types."

@aya , @mootu
here comes the big nerd

- he was in town for a while before aya and dallas but was in the library looking through the local papers
- smells a rotton mackrel
- if u want ur characters to know he's a Beast or not is upto you. if they do, they know he is violent and prone to murder
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
baleful borealis [m/gg]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 3:05:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aya"]

to have conversation struck up with her is enough to clue aya in that this is a teammate. he speaks in a voice that she doesn't care to listen to and has a face she doesn't care to know. nevertheless, she looks him up and down for half of an instant and lets out a sigh of sheer exasperation. "...no, no. i'm not. i'm artemis. you must be my liability for the day." complete disinterest drips from her voice, knowing that he must be the other grunt assigned to the mission. maybe its the narcissism, maybe its the ego, but she knows she's better than he is.

their time alone is brief and the appearance of a third party is welcomed -- that is, until aya actually sees the third party. "oh, splendid." it comes out under her breath, perhaps audible enough for @mootu to hear, but certainly too quiet for to comprehend as he approaches from the tiny library. he tosses folders at her; she takes them without a word and opens them, her demeanor remaining the exact same in the presence of the beast. "very fishy." immediately she falls in step with chu-e, leaving the unnamed third member in the dust. "apparently the latest victim is in that house right over there. another middle-aged man."

it's the common thread of the victim profile -- middle-aged men. no women. no children. it's obvious enough to artemis that she does not feel the need to fully exaggerate that link: chu-e surely knows this already.

"do you think it's worth it to examine him?" by now she is paging through his findings, the folder intentionally held out far enough in front of her for @mootu to read over her shoulder if he so desires. it becomes clear to her that chu-e has been doing enough research for all three of them, her eyes dancing over his annotations to old newspaper articles and preserved journal entries from the mayor and other citizens dating back to 50 years ago.

"are all small towns fucked up, or is it just me?"

- off that bat counts @mootu out bc she's a bitch
- not pleased to see a beast here (specifically chu-e)
- all the victims have been middle-aged men
- asks if it is worth it to check the body of the latest victim

@mootu

[newclass=.aya]width:300px; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; line-height:12.5px; text-transform:lowercase[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
baleful borealis [m/gg]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 5:05:05 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"I mean I'm pretty sure we're the people to make sure they aren't 'fucked up'" Dallas said chuckling. He always approached a cold-shoulder with a good laugh. "A Froslass though....huh...." he said to himself, quoting the third party that had shown up recently. Thinking back to the mention of "middle-aged man" Dallas shivered. It seems that the victims were commonly men around his age, and although he was still early into his thirties it meant that he was a potential target to whatever was causing the village harm. On top of that, he recognized that these two characters were ones with experience on their backs, and the man who joined last, clad in a thick hat that hid his face, was especially unsettling as he gave off an aura that made Dallas feel as if he were in danger. Being in the presence of dangerous people before, Dallas knew to keep his guard high when around types like this. With the masked figure, he felt less threatened, but knew not to take her lightly. She reminded him of his partner, confident but rash, and so her remarks only made him feel more comfortable around her. It was expected to receive this kind of welcoming from new faces in employment.

Since Dallas felt he had enough information to go on he ignored the prompt to read over the masked woman's shoulder, and instead focused on the area around him. Dallas was lazy but he was also observant, and he always kept his eyes out for little details. This has helped make his work easier in the past and so it was a skill he fine tuned. Looking over towards the log cabin previously pointed out by the masked woman he spotted some ground to the side of the home that had been frozen over. This was unlike the snowy pathways and ground around it, and to Dallas it looked almost as if the ground itself was deeply frozen, at temperatures beyond the typical freezing point. He felt it was something he wanted to investigate further.

"Why don't the two of you go ahead and 'investigate' inside the house, y'know, since you seem to be on to something. I'm just going to take piss in those trees over there..." Dallas pointed out to the backside of the log cabin they were approaching. "Make sure them folks don't peek out the window or it might scare them something more than the Froslass did." He let out another hearty chuckle as the two gave him a vicious look. He headed in the direction of the frozen ground, while the others went to investigate inside.

Upon further inspection, Dallas had seen that he was right in his assumption. The icy ground was cold enough that if you touched it it would cause serious ice burn, and that the deep freezing of the ground was pretty recent. The icy ground made a trail that led into the forest, and that's when Dallas noticed the bark of one of the trees at the forest edge that was severely damaged. He approached the tree, which sprouted a thick umber trunk and branched out about two quarters of the way up, the leaves a dark green that were coated with a light snow. Looking at the trunk Dallas noticed that it was similarly frozen as the ground, but the frost almost seemed to go into and through the tree. On the other side, he saw where the ice had escaped out of the tree trunk, and that the frosty path continued deeper into the thicket of trees, and eventually passed through another tree further in.

Dallas pondered for a moment, thinking about his next steps and how he should inform the others of this information, before unzipping his thick pair of winter trousers and continuing the business relieving himself. Although it was meant to act as a distraction for Dallas to get some time to think, he felt that he might as well take the opportunity.

• Refused information and relied on what was said already
  • Let others investigate household while Dallas checked around the lodge, lying about taking a piss
  • Spotted something that could be clue (trail of ice), but hesitant to inform the others
  • Poor bladder control

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
baleful borealis [m/gg]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 6:37:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar

With Dallas, as he pissed, it seemed that maybe coming out here alone when he was in the prime target list was... not a good idea. He would feel an icy presence behind him suddenly as he did his business, pressed against his back. A bashful woman's giggle was cooed in his ear, a hand starting at his neck and slowly lowering down and down and down.... If he turned, startled, the presence would be gone. If he didn't, it would leave on it's own before freezing his icicle off. Targeted,

With Chu-e, he hummed to himself as he mulled this entire situation over. "All small towns are. I know. I came from one." Which he felt was enough. Every small town he had seen had something messed up happen in it that the rest of the folks did their best to cover up lest it ruin the idealistic picture they tried to paint of themselves. Selfish.

"Don't die." Chu-e didn't relish the idea of being bossed around. He eyed Dallas as he left; there was a toilet just inside if he needed to pee. That struck him as strange but he let it slip by for now. The other man was on thin ice, as it were, already with him. He didn't like incompetence or subordinates holding out. Either way, he had bigger fish to fry.

"If the guy's awake, question him. Bring up the names of some of those missing girls, too, and see if he has a reaction. I want to check something out." Parting ways of his own, Chu-e brushed past the worried housewife and left Aya close but mostly by her lonesome for now. At least he didn't have to look far, a little den down a hallway seeming to have a collection of books. The bottom shelf had an old yearbook on it which he plucked from the shelf and opened.

The index was what he needed and a quick look told him all he needed to know- with the exception of one, all of the girls who had went missing went to the joining high-school of the local small towns. The men who had all suffered attack, including the man they were questioning today, were also all inside. A whole group of them. Almost like-

"Why are the perverts always on the Track team?" Scowling, he flipped the book closed and put it back. If this was heading where he thought it was, Chu-e might have to finish off what the Froslass had started. Disgusting. With that he moved to join Aya, wherever she had went.

@aya , @mootu
ehehehe >:u

- enter a ghost? :u
- goes inside and tasks aya with questioning the man
- looks into something that may shape the story one way >:u
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
baleful borealis [m/gg]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 15:35:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aya"]

with dallas outside taking a piss and chu-e down the hall, aya finds herself alone with the victim. she senses unease in the air as she stares at the now-stirring man in his bed; most the uneasiness seems to originate from chu-e, which is unsurprising. but, as aya looks her over, the wife shifts tensely. her shoulders are bunched up, and aya wonders how many knots are in her back.

aya waits a few more moments, her somewhat intimidating form hovering over the bed patiently. looking at him, she hates the guy. she just....does. he screws up his face for a moment before his eyes open, as if he's been awake all this time. aya watches them search the ceiling before falling to her, trying to slice through the mask that blocks her own.

"wh-who are you?" why is he nervous?

"hired help. do you know you were unconscious?" the words come out flat, lacking sympathy. not out of suspicion, but simply because she does not care. when his head shakes back and forth, aya sighs.

"and what's the last thing you remember before waking up?" if she'd look behind her, aya would see the wife drop her eyes to the ground uncomfortably, ashamed of the answer that may come. aya does not look, but watches his eyes flicker over to the woman. the man searches the room before shaking his head again.

aya heaves another sigh and nods her head. "how helpful." the lies vex her, but she plays her game. "my cohorts and i have done our research on this little town. seems these things have been happening here for decades. and it's always the same type of victim...isn't that interesting?" her voice drips with toxic honey, a maliciously kind smile spreading below the mask that questions him. it is now that she turns away from him, ready to leave the room.

chu-e is in the doorway, though she is unsure just how much he's heard. aya knows they're on the same page, and prepares to walk out to discuss when the man finally speaks up again in a weakened voice.

"it was a froslass. i don't know nothin' else, i swear."

she does not bother turning back around, figuring that if chu-e wants to answer, he can. instead, she walks by him, back toward the front of the house and out the front door.

"are you done peeing yet?" she calls out to the side of the house, her own form leaned against the wall without risking the chance of turning the corner and seeing anything she doesn't want to see.

- the wife looks uneasy, man wakes up
- he says he doesn't remember anything but is probably lying
- chu-e arrives and the man is defensive and says it was a froslass
- aya leaves and yells at dallas

@mootu

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
baleful borealis [m/gg]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 18:56:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The immediate response to the masked figure's question was the sound of Dallas calling out the words "Siege, Iron Head". The ground shifted beneath Artemis' feet and she fell forwards as the log cabin shook from an impact on the opposite side of the house. Wood chips began raining down alongside the snow and there was a woman's scream from inside the building, likely that of the wife of the victim that Artemis had investigated earlier. Immediately called to action Artemis ran around the house to investigate.
[break]
    On the other side of the cabin Dallas' Bastiodon had crashed it's head into the outer wall with a force of a cannon. The steel of the Bastiodon's head meeting no match against the trunk walls of the cabin. The man cried out as his bed was tossed upwards, launching his body into the air and landing, slumped, against the floor. The woman, who was standing the furthest away from the blast, fell backwards onto herself and screamed out at her home being demolished so suddenly. She watched as pieces of wood were flung around the room and felt the cold air bite her cheeks as the icy wind blew inside. The man with the hat that Dallas had met earlier didn't budge at the sudden eruption, his stoicism and apathy keeping him still as he stood next to the woman.
[break]
Various furniture had been demolished as pieces of wood, glass, and material littered the floor, and as Dallas stepped into the room from the outside the debris crunched beneath his boots. Walking up to the man slumped on the floor Dallas could hear the woman cry out, as she begged for mercy for her husband. She called out to try and persuade Dallas that the man's actions were purely accidental, and that there had been no evidence to prove it, but that mattered not to Dallas as he lifted the man and threw him over his shoulder. He turned to look at the man with the hat, seeing the intent to kill burn deeply in his eyes. Whether it was to kill him or the man he didn't know, but Dallas ignored his glares and turned back to the task at hand.
[break]
    Carrying the man he headed towards the hole that his Pokémon had made, turning to see Artemis standing outside next to his Bastiodon. Her face, although behind the mask, showed an air of confusion. Dallas stepped past her and placed the man's unconscious body onto the Bastiodon's back. He turned and spoke to the two members of the group.
[break]
    "I'm taking this man into the forest to fix this. I'm sure it will have the same result that you both may be seeking, but I am leaving it in the hands of the spirit. If you fail to agree to this plan then you may challenge me, but I won't fight. The man is yours. My only request is that this man gets what he deserves for the things he has done...but if we don't do it the right way then the village may continue to suffer." Dallas looked at the man with solemn eyes that also glowed faintly of a sadness. His brief encounter with the Froslass spirit earlier had pulled up a memory from his past, and an empathy for the souls of the women who were sinned upon. Dallas thought that maybe this was the reason that the spirit had left him alone, and why he didn't wind up like the others, unconscious in the cold of the snow.
[break]
    "The spirit lingers nearby, just a ways into the forest. There was an icy path that I...or we...could follow. It should lead us to the resting place of the spirit. I expect maybe the evidence," he said staring at the woman, "of the crimes that were committed." He stood waiting for the answer from the two members of the party.

• Bastiodon uses Iron Head to trash the house
  • Dallas decides to take things into his own hands but still leaves a choice to the others
  • Dallas invites the others along into the forest to the home of the spirit

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
baleful borealis [m/gg]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 6:04:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

With Dallas, as he pissed, it seemed that maybe coming out here alone when he was in the prime target list was... not a good idea. He would feel an icy presence behind him suddenly as he did his business, pressed against his back. A bashful woman's giggle was cooed in his ear, a hand starting at his neck and slowly lowering down and down and down.... If he turned, startled, the presence would be gone. If he didn't, it would leave on it's own before freezing his icicle off. Targeted,

With Chu-e, he hummed to himself as he mulled this entire situation over. "All small towns are. I know. I came from one." Which he felt was enough. Every small town he had seen had something messed up happen in it that the rest of the folks did their best to cover up lest it ruin the idealistic picture they tried to paint of themselves. Selfish.

"Don't die." Chu-e didn't relish the idea of being bossed around. He eyed Dallas as he left; there was a toilet just inside if he needed to pee. That struck him as strange but he let it slip by for now. The other man was on thin ice, as it were, already with him. He didn't like incompetence or subordinates holding out. Either way, he had bigger fish to fry.

"If the guy's awake, question him. Bring up the names of some of those missing girls, too, and see if he has a reaction. I want to check something out." Parting ways of his own, Chu-e brushed past the worried housewife and left Aya close but mostly by her lonesome for now. At least he didn't have to look far, a little den down a hallway seeming to have a collection of books. The bottom shelf had an old yearbook on it which he plucked from the shelf and opened.

The index was what he needed and a quick look told him all he needed to know- with the exception of one, all of the girls who had went missing went to the joining high-school of the local small towns. The men who had all suffered attack, including the man they were questioning today, were also all inside. A whole group of them. Almost like-

"Why are the perverts always on the Track team?" Scowling, he flipped the book closed and put it back. If this was heading where he thought it was, Chu-e might have to finish off what the Froslass had started. Disgusting. With that he moved to join Aya, wherever she had went.

@aya , @mootu
i'm so sorry this took me orz holidays are rough

- chu-e wants to murder the guy
- calls out his arcanine and offers aya a ride
- the plot thickens