TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
I can pick a lock, watch me [isra plotter]
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 4:33:43 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

isra nightingale
24-league-Assistant-Allergic to the sun

Much to the dismay of the head of the Ruhan household, Isra is the second eldest of the newest generation in her family and this fact is often swept under the rug. Her father has gone so far as to change her last name (Nightingale chosen by her mother) before allowing her out into the public for the purpose of limiting people's awareness of who she is. Isra couldn't care less.

Undeniably a creature of her own making, Isra is as easily one of the most defiantly obnoxious people a person could ever meet as she is one of the most polite sweet hearted people you'll cross paths with, with a surprisingly cold and distant outlook on life. In a lot of ways she knows exactly who she is and what she's all about and stands her ground to a fault but a lack of exposure to the world at large has left her inexperienced enough that what she's given is often what she gives back. If surrounded by the sweet and kind hearted she quickly sways in that direction, but surrounded by the more nefarious and it'll feed her inner demons in a heart beat- a part of herself she may be a little too willing to explore.

She is currently an assistant assigned to fernando silph through the league. Many of her relations will be met either through him or through her fiance to whom she doesn't have a lot to do with right now. The other potential is through her brothers though I'm hesitant to do too much with them without people playing them first. Speaking of, I'm very interested in finding her elder brother a player and have some ideas for the family dynamic depending on what the other player would like to do! I kept stuff pretty open on purpose.

I'm looking to expose her to people on all sides. Rocket and league alike, just about any personality that can be found i want her to interact with. The only real catch is that due to her sun allergy she is primarily active at night! She will wake outside of night time when it is required of her but she's mostly a graveyard worker if anything. She can go out in the sunlight if she must but she avoids it as much as she can if it van be helped, but also avoids directly mentioning her allergy as the reasoning as well. This tends to lend to a mysterious and weird air around Isra, especially when paired with her shifting demeanor, lady like to a T on the surface and a defiant spitfire ready to take the world on head first underneath.

Tldr:
Play with my moonbby
She needs everything
Especially big bro
Big bro before younger preferred but if you're more interested in a younger sibling send me a discord dm we'll talk
Also her fiance is open and i'll take plots there too
I'm a thread whore so i' not really going to say no to stuff

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 7:44:36 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra will give lucas extra meetings overnight if he'll talk to her about his research
she is a curious child she wants to knows things
at least until fernando decides he's had enough of her fucking with shit and she gets in trouble. In which case she'll slip him into every 5 minute window she can find because she doesn't like to listen
she's the best assistant I swear
For realsies though him being a scientist and Isra being a graveyard worker means they probably come across each other at one point or another if only because there's not too many other people around in the odd hours she's a weird creature that doesn't stop talking once she takes an interest in something so if he chats with her once he'll chat with her again whether he likes it or not.
We can always do chill wing it thread for heart scales tho

close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 13:41:53 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar

+

ok so the most obvious point of contact is fernando, and being employed at the league headquarters more broadly. persephone has been there a fair amount recently; a new addition post-slateport and she doesn't exactly like it, but she can stomach it. this is probably her first experience with significant bureaucracy, so that has been challenging to swallow. basically, it's entirely possible that they've crossed paths in the course of their employment. esp since they are likely some of the few who work through the night

other than that, it sounds like they're both pretty... odd? just in slightly different ways perhaps? they both seem like chameleons, i guess, but perse has a particular reckless-yet-melodramatic streak that i'm not really sure how isra would feel about? might be fun to thread them out in a mission or something & see how it goes :>

close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 16:49:35 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Yeah he'd totally be down to talk to her about some of his research. The more private stuff or down right unethical stuff he'd shy away from though. I imagine they'd be able to run into each other a lot, considering the fact that Lucas often works late into the night.

「notes」

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 1:14:00 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
hey! i'd really like to explore stormy and isra's relationship more. especially once stormy finds out that isra is fernando's assistant. to be honest, i think that she would feel sorry for her rather than outright angry? stormy's quarrel is with him after all, not the people he associates with. granted... if isra takes the side of fernando in a situation where he's opposing stormy, there may be complications with that.

but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it! for now, i'm not really sure what's next for them?? i know that her and cait are pretty good friends, right? maybe stormy finds that out and all three of them become closer friends??

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 9:47:31 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Yeah I think you pretty much covered how they're bound to cross paths at one point or another. I'm sure they'd exchange words here and there but how much would depend on Persephone I think. I kinda feel like they might either get along well enough or end up in a weird kind of stalemate without enough reason to interact with each other.

Depending on the situation Isra might have a hard time with melodramatics, mostly because she just won't get it but the recklessness could be a catch 22. Rather than melodrama Isra is so head strong she does stupid stuff brand of reckless. I could see it both being a problem but also potentially a good thing because they'd either get into trouble they really shouldn't be and it going horribly wrong or the fact they're not alone in their recklessness could result in more positive outcomes (and emboldening that wonderful reckless behavior) :'D So yeah I'd be up for finding a mission to through them in and see what happens. Got any your eye is on?

Naturally, though Isra probably wouldn't press into anything like that anyway unless he gives her reason to know and be interested.
Shall we throw them in a thread then and see what happens?

It would largely depend on the situation as to where she 'sides' but she wouldn't really take a side. Isra follows reason and logic more often than emotion and feeling. So if there was a rational reason to be against something she'd likely side with that but she'd handle it differently as well. While Fernando is a bit more absolute Isra sees in a broader spectrum.

I do want to see them interact more though! Even if it's just in passing for a couple of threads before we have more reason for interaction. Though if she manages to get that gym leader spot she'll be on Isra's hit list because she's slowly making rounds to all the gyms.

almost forgot: as for cait being involved they haven't actually talked in awhile but were pretty buddy buddy in their missions, though Isra seemed to have stepped on some toes in their last interaction so I'm not sure how they'd stand now. Though it could still be interesting to have all three of them together and see where it leads to

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 15:12:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

OKAY so where do I even begin! Uhh…

So like right now they’re talking about his shenanganery in the Fortree gym, and maybe that can segue way to what you told me about over Discord (if that’s still going to be a thing because YES. PLEASE?!) because to be fair, out of all the current Gym Leaders that are floating around… you could say that Alexei is the only one who’s not that interested in getting involved with all the politics and shit going on in Evergrande.

It’s, like, how do I put this. It’s not really his thing? Sure, he’s met with Freya and knows Lucas (before he became a scientist) as well as Persephone by affiliation (because of his Aerodactyl), but everyone else higher up on the Council is just like. He nopes out when politics comes to the table because he feels really uncomfortable around it!

(Can you tell he’s perfectly fine where he is with being just a Gym Leader, just doing missions—well, he calls them requests—when he can and just assists whenever he can, when he’s available?)

He likes getting to know people on a much more informal and more comfortable level and doesn’t believe in ranks all that much. Like, he’s completely unaware that he has a reputation because of all the things he’s been doing so he’s just silently wondering why people get so embarrassed and flustered when they see him out and about.

Honestly he’s a fucking cinnamon roll who loves his Flying-types a little too much…
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 15:39:05 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar

Yeah, we can throw them in a thread. I was thinking post raid and they could maybe recognize each other from when they both went for Jirachi. Also, something big might happen in this last/second last raid post we might want to wait on? I imagine they might discuss a bit of went down with the Jirachi besides "hey you" and a sorry or something.

「notes」

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 8:12:22 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

I'm okay with waiting and seeing what happens, it'd definitely give them something more to talk about and Isra may even ask him his as a scientist opinion on the abomination (false ho-oh) because she's actually really concerned about it even existing.

We can touch base once the raid's over ovo/

Ah yes. this cinnimabutt.
Honestly I think Isra's just gonna adore him because he's sweet and innocent but doesn't seem totally incompetent and I think they'll end up seeing eye to eye on a lot? Not to mention he'll be a good contrast to her colder side which she actually wants in her life to help balance her decision making out.

She totally agrees with him on ranking stuff though, she's the same way and thinks its all a load of crock to keep people happy when it just acts as a title to say "you did all he hard work that we take the credit for thank you!" though she usually words it a lot more nicely. She had a hard time with how the world puts merit into that kind of thing it just doesn't jive with her well.

Though she could help him a bit when the politics stuff comes into play seeing as he'll probably have to eventually with his position. Isra having been raised for it (but actively seeking to reject it) lets her make a good show of it even if she's got some gaps to fill with real world experience. She'd help guide him in the right direction to get what he needs to do his job ovo

And honestly I really think she's just gonna end up seeing him as one of the few people she actually calls a friend and just wants to sit and talk to sometimes. Totally expect her to show up at his sanctuary at the crack of dawn to say high and chat before she goes back to her hotel. ;w;

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 4:33:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Like, you have no idea how much he finds it so amusing to see how people know him, but he’s just like ‘uhm what’ whenever they start raving about him and junk.

He finds the attention weird, and then there’s the majority of Fortree’s population to contend with because like: ‘how did this foreign guy from Mistralton end up leading our city’ and then when they realize just how much he’s done they’d be like: ‘wow we had no idea you did so much but at the same time you’re still so humble, how2bu’ so that really puts him on a pedestal he finds quite weird to be on!

To be honest he doesn’t know much about the other people in the League rankings because he prefers to keep to himself as much as possible and just doing things like any other person would so there’s that little thing of slight intimidation—especially when he learns who she works for!

He’d still be willing to meet with the rest of the gym leaders of course, but at the same time he also likes cultivating interpersonal relationships outside of formal work. Which is what he wants to achieve with her!

(Like, he totally needs a female friend who’s not into him who’d be fine with listening to him unload some of his mental baggage and just basically be a friendly shoulder to lean on in a non-romantic kind of way, and vice versa of course.)

Also? He’s a ‘gets up with the crack of dawn’ kind of person so it’d be interesting to see how their dynamic would work! Since Isra’s more of a night owl and he wakes with the sun, the times they meet would be a little unusual, but it’s nothing he wouldn’t take too much of. Just that he doesn’t know she’s allergic to the sun yet so there’s that, too.
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 6:37:01 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

lmao srry if this is short my keyboard ate the first run of this.

but like, Isra will get it. All of it because really she's in much the same boat that he is and she'd be so grateful to find someone who gets what she means in this wonderful world that just doesn't really make sense to her. They can just bond over being the odd one out on these kinds of things. If he ever needs it she's already playing assistant so it wouldn't be too much trouble trying to get him play dates with the other gym leaders os he gets to know them too. If anything she'd encourage it.

She'll probably end up telling him about the allergy once they start spending more time around each other and it becomes apparent they're on weird schedules compared to each other. If only because it may make things a little easier on the two of them to know why and how. She can be up in the daylight she just.... has to be as prepared as possible so she's not trying to muscle through the ramifications of being in the sun!

but ask and yee shall receive. isra's is totally void of romantics and super abstract about relationships and won't even call them friends until alexei calls her a friend. The way she sees it relationship are just what they are and there's not much use in trying to label them. Leaving them free and open gives them more options to just go where they're going to go instead of being pigeon holed into weird expectations and stuff like that.

So she's totally that friend that he can unload stuff on and it'll be fine, though she may have a hard time with some of it because emotions can be hard for her to deal with just because she's not always sure how. She'll get pretty factual about it with him in some cases just because it's what makes sense to her and maybe he'll find something helpful in her ramblings.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 7:58:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

I can totally see it now—since he’s such a softie, most people automatically presume he’s a pushover but he’s actually not that. It just takes him quite a lot to get angry, but the single fastest way is to deliberately harm a Flying-type within his sight or if he finds out someone’s been mistreating their winged friends he’s bound to do a 180 and just go snap

Also about the pigeonholing thing: he hates that too. Like, to a point it drives him nuts. Deliberately he avoids being put into such awkward situations since he doesn’t like being framed up to be something he’s not. It drives him mad, that’s what it does!

For now he’s treating the schedules as some kind of weird coincidence, but give it time (like a few more threads or so?) and he’ll start noticing the pattern. In fact I think he’s already noticed it and he’s just not pointing it out until he finds a comfortable leeway in the conversation to actually mention it! He’s intuitive like that.

At least he’s up until like an hour or two before midnight so there’s like enough time for them to hang out together and do stuff—the challenge is looking for a place that’s open late into the evening lol

I like the direction this is going, tbh