POSTED ON Dec 29, 2018 17:53:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@fritz

words

notes
he’s paranoid and needs to calm down. Send help.

Laurence was hoping the other would be able to come.

He didn’t know how to deal with what he’d seen. While it was only flashes he’d managed, sneaking around in the middle of the night to the kitchen so he could snatch some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches without making a noise, the raucous laughter he could hear from the living room always disturbed him.

He’d always wondered why his father was more active in the evenings as compared to the mornings. Why he’d always sleep in and only start ‘working’ under cover of the night. While his mother had explained to him and his siblings that their patriarch had a most unusual job that required him to work evenings and sleep during the day, he wasn’t buying any of it.

How could he explain the laughter; the cigarette smoke; the sounds of things being passed around? He knew that some of the ‘house guests’ his father entertained in the dead of night threw their voices around like it was nothing, like they were the only people around.

He couldn’t help but be worried…

…and for that he’d sent a concerned text to Fritzy, hoping that the other would meet him down by the ‘lake’ that formed in the crater of the city they both called home. It was a beautiful night out, and he’d brought along enough sandwiches to share between them.

He just… he really needed someone to talk to.

And it couldn’t wait until daybreak.

He was hoping the other would humor him, because shit, this was really serious and his paranoia was starting to get the better of him…

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
buried memories [past | fritz]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 13:35:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar

lucky for lars, fritz is the type of person that barely sleeps.

still, he prefers not going out at night, spending it instead with video games and late night tinkering; the sparks of metal welding is always an interesting sight, even if he's heard it a thousand times that doing this is going to break his eyes and he's going to eventually need glasses. oh well, glasses are for nerds, and he's a nerd. not much loss there.

when his phone buzzes, he rubs his eyes as he pauses the game he's idly playing away. meet me at the lake? for a moment he does a double take and wonders if this is younger anderson talking, but no, it's lars, the older bro. he met this guy not long after he became friends with his brother, and he is still surprised that he considers his friendship with him as highly as his classmate. how that happened is beyond him, and he honestly didn't think that they are on that level of closeness until this text.

doesn't this guy have other friends?

he groans as he pushes himself up; he hears the bones creak and crack after being stiff for so long. he makes sure to save the game before turning off the tv. he's used to navigating his room in the dark, so he pulls out some really loose, baggy clothes to wear since it's not like there's going to be a lot of people this late in the evening. stifling a yawn, he throws his pajamas on the bed and exchanges it for a bag. before he leaves his room, though, he whispers for rotom, who is sleeping inside his toy robot. the electric ghost lets out a sleepy whine, a little confused why his trainer is going out now, but nonetheless zips into his watch. where he goes, rotom follows.

fritz knows his parents are fast asleep, so it's easy to sneak out of the house. once he closes the door behind him, he stretches his arms upward and heads to the lake, which is honestly a five or so minute walk from his place. lars should be there but he has no idea what he even wants to talk about. maybe a girl is troubling him and he needs someone to talk to? he's not really in the mood to hear about love problems at the moment...

if this is a practical joke, lars is going to his "fuck em" box.

tags:
notes: heading to the lake!
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2019 16:27:52 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@fritz

words

notes
dun dun da

He’d taken to unwrapping one of the sandwiches and was eating it, staring out over the surface of the lake-crater. At the same time, his Mudkip was playing around in the shallows, splashing around the water and generally having a good time.

“Sui, keep it down,” he began in the Water-type’s direction, giving it a rather searching look. A pout crossed the Mudkip’s face, before proceeding to roll around in the shallows, basically being a complete and total idiot. It wasn’t too long when he heard the sound of footsteps and then saw that the other had arrived.

Despite being three years his junior, he knew from his younger brother’s near-endless chattering that this friend of his had a good head on his shoulders. How close did they get? Maybe a little too close. All the same, he’d noticed that despite the other’s younger age, he had a capable and mature head on his shoulders.

“Sorry I called you out so late… but…” he began, offering one of the other sandwiches to the other as an apology for having called him out of the warmth of their room. “Have you… do you have experience with difficult parental figures? My mother’s next to useless… doesn’t believe me when I insist that there are guests coming over in the middle of the night. I thought it was just Henri’s rambling, but… well, the way he told me he was concerned. Did he tell you anything about them at all? he asked, giving the other enough time to answer before continuing.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2019 16:53:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"you better have a good reason for calling me out at 1am." he says, placing his hands on his hips for a moment before sitting down beside the older male. he immediately notices the sandwiches and grabs one without asking, unwrapping it and taking a bite as he listens to lars talk about his current situation. without the whole serious vibe his companion is giving, fritz might've thought that this could be a date or something. 'cuz, you know, evening by the lakeside, just the two of them (and his mudkip), a little bit of a picnic...

"your mom sounds like she's denying it." the boy says after swallowing a bite of the sandwich. oh, this is good. simple, but good. or maybe he's just hungry. he shakes his head at the question though, "henri talks about a lot of things, but not really about your dad. i don't think he's sure on what he's seeing, either." it's honestly mostly snippets and theories, if he recalls correctly. his classmate loves to yammer on and on that sometimes fritz unintentionally (or he supposes intentionally sometimes) blocks him out. he likes lars better, though he notices that at the moment he's sharing his brother's trait of anxious chattering.

"i guess you saw something tonight? henri did mention something about it being like the spy movies, like your dad could be in some mafia shit." he adds offhandedly, taking another bite of the sandwich. he knows that lars' family is actually pretty big. like, in terms of their name. was it wealth? he couldn't quite recall, but some of the students had a bit of an aversion to henri, or on the flip side try to kiss up to him.

tags:
notes: that's a lot to drop on a fourteen-year-old
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 18:16:57 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@fritz

words

notes
dun dun da

“That’s the thing. I keep an eye on him and Léanne as much as I can manage, because our mother refuses to talk about it. I’m not the first one to try asking her about it. If Henri’s told you enough, he’s worried. I can’t help but worry as well, because… he trailed off, taking a bite from one of the other sandwiches he’d brought along.

“…what if they’re just fronting? I know he’s taken the lead looking for a place where he can crash for a while—Léanne’s told me. We’re worried for her, too. What if all these strangers start doing things? Do… has he told you how worried he is about how our mother might be under his influence… he’s… I don’t know. Call me paranoid, or just weird and out of my mind, but…”

Another bite, another moment of silence. Once he was done processing that part of the sandwich, he sighed again.

“Can you… can you keep an eye on him for me?” he asked from out of nowhere. “If he trusts you that much, then… would it be okay with your family, though. I just want to make sure, he added with a sigh.

“Look, I just—I don’t want to take a chance and have them end up living in this environment… he told me to ask you, because he was too scared to bring it up himself with you. I don’t know why he’d go the longer way around, though…”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2019 13:39:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

yep, he's definitely doing the anxious chattering thing. oh boy, this is going to take a bit of sifting. he listens quietly, taking little bites from his sandwich when his mouth feels like it needs something to chew on. his eyes shift when lars' voice almost falls into a whisper, as if telling a secret that he isn't supposed to share. "you are paranoid." he manages to say in the rare moment of silence. "but i guess that's a good thing. after all, it's better to be prepared for, well, anything."

fritz raises a brow though when lars asks him a favor. a pretty big favor, if one would ask the boy in return. he hasn't even considered his classmate that close of a friend, and now his brother is asking him to look after him? he chews on the soft bits of bread, some bits of it get stuck at the roof of his mouth, so he preoccupies himself with trying to take it off for a few seconds, "i'd have to ask, duh. can't just randomly drop that, you know." his tone is almost no-nonsense, but his expression becomes serious afterward, thoughtful. it then turns to a small smirk. "guess 'cuz he knows that we hang out more often than me and him. bet he knows i have a soft spot for you."

that...didn't come out right.

"i-i mean..." he hides a bit of his face with the half of the sandwich he has left, a light blush dancing on his cheeks. "'cuz, you know, he's cool, but he's kind of annoying. you're less annoying, yeah." great, he just had to say that. he turns his gaze to the lake; the moonlight making it glitter beautifully.

tags:
notes: sorry that i'm late, take some gay in exchange
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 17:32:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag
@fritz

words

notes
have some more g a y

“I… I can’t help it, you know. I’m just… preparing for the worst, he began, not realizing that he’d rambled again. What was it with him and rambling his thoughts out loud?

At least he knew when to take precaution, no matter what the circumstance was. He was pretty much fine with the other asking his parents if Henri could stay over if worse came to worse—well, could he blame the other? He listened, humming silently to himself until…

Wait a second.

What?

He was about to take another bite out of the sandwich he was holding when he looked over at Fritz, who’d suddenly hid his face behind the sandwich he’d given the other. And… for the record, was the other suddenly stammering?

No, wait, is he… is he blushing?! He thought absentmindedly for a few moments, blinking owlishly as the… was that counted as a confession, or something?!

The silence between them almost became awkward had he not chosen to break it with a little cough.

“W—well,” he began, unaware that he also had a blush on his face, “…that’s nice to know. He can get really obnoxious at times…” he added a few moments later before taking a rather large bite out of the sandwich so he could stall for time and properly process what he wanted to say!

While he knew he liked girls—hell, there was this one in another class he had his eye on, but he didn’t have the balls to own up and talk to her because he became such a blushing mess whenever she was nearby—he was also curious with the opposite gender.

Some attraction, maybe?

Or maybe he wasn’t as ‘straight’ as he claimed to be…