lunchtime

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 19:32:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Helena is sat down in her seat, her Jigglypuff, obediently bored, those wide saucer eyes glazing over, at her side. She waits, her leg crossed comfortably and a glass of water condescending in her manicured grasp.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 19:41:54 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A meeteing planned ahead of time was what prompted him here, someone of great importance to the league and maybe even hoenn. Possibly.

Kim knows nothing of her other than what he's been told, and what he's been told is that she's rich. Well, that's all he really payed attention to at least. There were other things that were said, but right now funding was needed here and there and he knew it. He could get something out of her if this meeting went right.

From a distance he saw her- the physical description matching the one that met his amber hues- a smile appearing on his face as he approached, hand extending to her before taking a seat.

"Kim Cole. You're Helena, correct?"

@goldie2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 19:56:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"Hi, yes, I'm Helena Troy." She moves to stand as he nears her table, a polite smile carved into the porcelain china of her doll face. She meets the heartiness of his handshake with the soft, femme touch of her own and invites him to sit down with a simple gesture.

"I'm so happy we could meet."  She says just as she  returns to the comfort of her seat.  

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 20:11:02 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
"Me too." He'd chirp in response, taking a seat of his own.

So far he's only heard about this woman. Who she is, what her circumstances are, how she got here, rumors about her, so on and so forth; but he has not had the pleasure of meeting her himself.

This was his preferred method of gathering information, a 1 on 1 with him and whom had caught his interest. It was lucky for him she had wanted to meet him before his interest had landed on her. Even luckier his intel was so quick to gather information.

"So, Miss Helena, what might you have called me here for today?"

@goldie2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 20:39:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Yellow eyes graze over him, their serpentine nature veiled by the jovial temperament of their meet cute. She knows enough about him; she wouldn’t have made this appointment otherwise. This man, his lion’s personality, can easily crowd a room, if not made obvious by the times he’s graced their national tv screens. Now, as he sits before her, there’s a pulsing of excitement in her bones.

“Just a spot of fun, really.”

A waitress circles their table, and Helena orders only a dirty martini.

“And maybe a chance to get to know the region from someone who's well acquainted with it.” She looks towards him, her dark lashes a razored wing as they blink. “I think the whole world has heard about the issues you have been having, but I want something more personal, y’know?”

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 20:48:51 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
His smile would only grow more as she spoke, a water ordered for himself to ensure his lips stay sealed.

Even with everything he's learned, he still truly knows nothing about her.

"How personal might you be talking, miss? Because I'm all for informing the uninformed- I aim to please after all. But you should know just as well as anyone else that there are certain things even people in my position are told to keep quiet about."

The smile stayed firmly in place, his tone calm as the words carefully picked escaped his grinned lips.

@goldie2
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 21:04:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The waitress comes by with her drink, and Helena presses the delicate rim of the glass against her plush lips, inviting the taste of vodka and olive as it coats her throat. 

"I'd be willing to take whatever you're willing to give, Mr. Cole," she smiles at him. Her own words almost shock her, just years ago such informality and ease was inaccessible. Words always stuck to the walls of her throat, but never leaping into the open air. Now, she can't seem to hold herself back, the chaos pouring out of her.

"And of course I understand your position. I'm in no way trying to jeopardize that at all. Today is as casual as you want."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 21:15:31 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
As hers arrived so to would his, the water set onto the table with a light thank you given in response. A sip untaken prompted him to listen. Her words forcing the smile of his to remain.

"Casualty is my specialty, m'dear, and if you'd like that I'm happy to oblige."

Testing the waters, that's all he could do right now, see how far he can go before he has to turn back.

"Let me start off by saying that we are- in a way- in troubling times. We've yet to retake Slateport and our commissioner is still missing, as you might know."

Sipping from his glass, then promptly setting it back down, he'd lean onto the table.

"At the moment things have been calm, nothing too bad happening other than the usual crime here and there, but that can change easily. Rocket has a city, there's no telling how long that'll keep them busy, and it could be troubling if we have another situation like last with gym leaders not stepping up."

@goldie2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 21:43:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She bites an olive off of its skewer, enjoying the saltiness of it. With each bite, she processes the information, eyes almost distant as she listens to the words tumbling from his mouth.  "Well," she begins, her face reading just as comfortable as it was before his response, "I came here with only the intention of aiding Hoenn. My family and I are willing to be very generous with our resources in this regard."

She tilts her head and looks at him eyes wide, spidered lashes framing them in black. "Is there anything you need help with, Mr. Cole?" There is a sweetness to her voice, a hint of honey sticking to her words.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 22:05:12 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim was not shy, so when an opportunity showed itself he would take it, uncaring for the thoughts that came afterwards. If the offer was on the table, he would be sure to take it was ease.

"I thought you'd never ask."

He'd say cheerily.

"You see, there are towns here and there in need of funding, something the citizens themselves can't exactly pay for. If you would be so kind, would you mind donating to the betterment of these settlements?"

He would like to fund these towns himself, but his money is far from enough to foot the bill of each of the various settlements and such that sprawled about the region.

@goldie2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 22:32:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The waitress returns for their order, and Helena gets a side salad with fish for herself and a slice of cake for her Jigglypuff, who seems content enough with the proclamation. 

She takes another sip of her drink before answering Kim. There's a vagueness in his answer that makes her uncomfortable, a resounding yes would reflect poorly on not only her but the company her family has built over generations.

She flips a few strands of hair off her shoulder, and they settle in rivulets down her back. "I can't in good conscious blindly promise money to a government I know nothing about. Teach me first?

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2018 23:00:31 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
To blindly accept ones proposal when money is involved would be a bad step, especially when knowing nothing about who it is you're dealing with. He gave her props for thinking before giving a yes to his proposal.

His order would be a simple seafood scampi as well as a refill on his water which seemed to be running low.

"I respect that, but this is less of a government promise than it is one for the citizens. "

"I often find myself patrolling around the region and paying these smaller, less guarded towns a visit myself. There are capable trainers within them but since they are not seen as important as cities they do not get as much protection as one. That's why the least I would like to do for them is make their lives a little less stressful."

His body would relax as he leaned back a tad, sitting upright in his chair.

"I want to be able to pay to station league members in these towns- capable cadets mostly- as well as fund fixing up places within said towns. Public domains such as libraries, public clinics, housing, so on and so forth, these are what i aim to fund but unfortunately cannot. The league helps where they can, but certain things just can't fall on us. So that's where you come in."

He smiles, looking at the woman with a calm stare- his amber eyes piercing her golden hues.

"We consider your donations to these towns as such and use them to fund any acts that go towards the betterment of these resources."

@goldie2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 15:18:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar

He says more than she thought he would. It seems these thoughts have been waiting for a release for a while now. She bites at another olive as he pitches her his ideas, her free hand petting at the white fur of her lapel. When its clear he is finished she leans into the table, elbows resting there and hands propping up her head. "Yeah, that sounds fun." She states, mind making a snap decision. "Though, if everything goes well I would like to be a little more hands on with this project. Something a little more than a signature at the bottom of a check. I hope you understand.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 20:59:10 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
If everything goes well? What did that mean? As much as the passing phrase irked him, he would keep quiet, instead thinking more positive thoughts.

"Ofcourse. I can always use a helping hand in the upkeep of these towns and the spending that goes towards them. Are you good with money management?"

If everything goes well- there it is again- they'd need budget the spending on each of these towns that Kim aims to fund. She might be good for money, but taking too much of it would be a problem.

@goldie2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lunchtime
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 22:07:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

She smiles, bright and easy, whole body leaning back and hands resting on her knee. Eyes watch as he speaks. "I would say I'm descent enough, but these days I usually have people for that sort of thing."

She tilts her head, brows risen. "Do you think I need to make some calls back home?"