drinks with rookie. [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
drinks with rookie. [c]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2019 15:49:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700,700i|Open+Sans:400,400i,700]

[newclass=.rocketangelonfire] --rocketaofAccent:#765D75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar img] animation-play-state:running!important;[/newclass]

[attr="class","rocketangelonfire"]
[attr="class","rocketaofSidebar"]

@amuro

[attr="class","rocketaofBody"]

Abner couldn't help how he chuckled as he walked into the bar. "Shit, who's the rookie now, hm?" Abner smirked as he made his way into the bar. Amuro had mentioned drinks after they caught that creature and Abner couldn't have agreed more. It was time to praise the rookie for a job well done. He'd already sent a quick text message to about the development of the legendary strange creature they'd obtained.[break][break]

Keeping the boss updated was key. Super key. Most key. As a matter of fact, it was so key that Abner did it out of habit. Speaking of habit, it was past is bedtime, and he was already yawning as they made their way into the bar. Yes, most people could stay up late and party harty but until he had some alcohol in his system after ten PM Abner was as useless as an unwaved white flag.[break][break]

"Whiskey and coke." Abner ordered, nodding toward Amuro. "And whatever the hell shorty's getting." He set down his card to open a tab, then glanced over at Amuro with a small smirk on his features.

notes 🍺

[attr="class","rocketaofCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.rocketangelonfire] width:575px; border-radius:5px; background-color:#2b2b2b; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar] width:200px; background-color:#5a5a5a; background-color:var(--rocketaofAccent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar img] width:100px; height:100px; position:absolute; z-index:1; padding:5px; background-color:#fafafa; border:10px solid #333; border-radius:100%; animation: rocketaofpulse 5s infinite; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes rocketaofpulse { 0% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); } 50% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); } 100% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar div:last-child] display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; text-align:left; position:absolute; bottom:-5px; left:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar div:last-child a] font:700 30px/25px montserrat; font-style:italic; text-transform:lowercase; color:#fafafa!important; text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #333, 1px -1px 0 #333, -1px 1px 0 #333, 1px 1px 0 #333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:100%; height:500px; bottom:0px; left:0px; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/mZ7zmp/1_by_Cold_Love98_1_copy.png); opacity:.15; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofBody] width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofBody b] font:700 10px montserrat; color:var(--rocketaofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofBody i] color:#eee; border-bottom:1px solid var(--rocketaofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofBody div:first-child] width:272px; min-height:125px; margin:25px 25px 0px 25px; padding:0px 25px; border-left:1px solid #202020; border-right:1px solid #202020; font:400 10px open sans; text-align:justify; color:#cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofBody div:last-child] width:325px; text-align:justify; font:400 10px open sans; color:#eee; padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:500px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofCredit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
drinks with rookie. [c]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 0:52:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
{
}

Amuro might have just been the polar opposite of the man he walked with into the bar. He didn't need a drop of alcohol in his system to stay awake, and well, energetic. After what they just did, he felt unstoppable. Unreachable. Untoppable. Well, maybe with Abner here he wasn't sure about the last one– but the rest were certain. The brunet had a rush in him that he couldn't ignore.

This was the best part of doing this. Not caring about rules or laws– he was his own master, bound to nothing but his own selfish desires.

There really was no better than this.
He hurriedly looked through the menu, a spark in his eyes. He wanted a damn martini during their little adventure in the museum, and the scent of alcohol in the bar only made his craving worse. "I'll have a dry martini. No ice," He shot his order out immediately, and seemed to apologize for how fast the words escaped from his mouth with a slim grin.

He slowly tapped his digits against the bar, and a bit of his impatience seemed to leak out after this long night. "So," Their drinks arrived just as his eyes locked with Abner's. "What do you do when you aren't... You know, on call?"

It only now hit him that they didn't know each other at all. And for some reason, Amuro didn't even care.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
drinks with rookie. [c]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 1:03:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar img] animation-play-state:running!important;[/newclass]

@amuro

A dry martini order had him smirking and tapping his hand to the beat of the music in the bar while he waited for the drink. Once it arrived, Amuro asked a question as he was taking a drink. Once he was finished, he set the drink down, moved his ass onto the seat behind him, and relaxed. He'd learned to casually conversate pretty well thanks to .[break][break]

"Usually? Try and find a good fuck-buddy." Well maybe his filter still sucked, but, he'd never been corrected or scolded for that so it would remain.[break][break]

"Sometimes I go to the gym, find somebody to fight." What he didn't realize was that maybe 'the gym' was too vague. He meant the closest boxing gym, to keep himself well tuned for fights. "Finding an opponent these days is easy if I pick the right one, nobody knows my reputation around here."

[newclass=.rocketangelonfire] width:575px; border-radius:5px; background-color:#2b2b2b; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar] width:200px; background-color:#5a5a5a; background-color:var(--rocketaofAccent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar img] width:100px; height:100px; position:absolute; z-index:1; padding:5px; background-color:#fafafa; border:10px solid #333; border-radius:100%; animation: rocketaofpulse 5s infinite; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes rocketaofpulse { 0% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); } 50% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); } 100% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar div:last-child] display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; text-align:left; position:absolute; bottom:-5px; left:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar div:last-child a] font:700 30px/25px montserrat; font-style:italic; text-transform:lowercase; color:#fafafa!important; text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #333, 1px -1px 0 #333, -1px 1px 0 #333, 1px 1px 0 #333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofSidebar:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:100%; height:500px; bottom:0px; left:0px; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/mZ7zmp/1_by_Cold_Love98_1_copy.png); opacity:.15; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofBody b] font:700 10px montserrat; color:var(--rocketaofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofBody i] color:#eee; border-bottom:1px solid var(--rocketaofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofBody div:first-child] width:272px; min-height:125px; margin:25px 25px 0px 25px; padding:0px 25px; border-left:1px solid #202020; border-right:1px solid #202020; font:400 10px open sans; text-align:justify; color:#cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofBody div:last-child] width:325px; text-align:justify; font:400 10px open sans; color:#eee; padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.rocketaofCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:500px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
drinks with rookie. [c]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 1:36:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
{
}

He sipped from the martini just as Abner replied to him– and it was only by luck that he didn't choke from hearing that. He didn't expect the other rocket to be this vulgar. A moment or two later, it got a chuckle out of him.

"That's..." What was the best way to call it? "Honest, I guess. I was thinking more about hobbies, but that works too." Amuro wasn't sure if it's because they've spent this entire night together, but he felt like Abner might just say that sex is a hobby. Or at least his.

He checked the other rocket out earlier today, but the comments about a gym made Amuro do that again. It actually did show on Abner, and he liked it. That probably explained why the brunet's face was a little red– well, it was either that or the alcohol. He hoped that it looked like it was because of the alcohol.

"Fighting isn't really my thing. Never has been. I actually really like to... Bake."
Wait. Why did he say that? That's not the type of thing he should say to a co-worker who likes to fight. It was the least impressive thing that he could've said.
Baking wasn't even cooking. That's how bad this was.

With a shake of his head, his eyes drifted away to search for his empty martini glass. He then gestured for the bartender to fill it up again. A distraction.

MADE BY VEL OF GS
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
drinks with rookie. [c]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 3:37:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

@amuro

The fact that Amuro almost spits all over himself, or rather had spit all over himself, was greatly amusing to Abner. If only because Abner liked watching people blush and get rattled because of things he said. However, he was equally entertained when people like tended to get rattled and bent out of shape simply because he didn't conform to their way of doing things. It was all learning experiences for the socially inept fighter.[break][break]

For the moment, he kept to himself and sipped at his whiskey. That was until Amuro decided to mention he liked to bake. Abner's brows lifted and he just stared. The little shit that just caught some sort of special Pokémon of some sort, important to the League and now the Rocket's prize, liked to bake in his off time. Make souffles?! It was comical, but mostly, it was so fucking adorable Abner couldn't help but grin wide.[break][break]

"Honestly, I don't know if I would have pegged that or not, Amu."[break][break]

Abner's words were quick, but he shrugged his shoulders. Like it wasn't a big deal, because to him it wasn't. Baking was Amuro's fighting, Abner could understand that. People had different hobbies, it made sense.[break][break]

"I'm into MMA, and you're into baking. Look at that. We've got hobbies too."[break][break]

It was clear in the way he said 'we've' that Abner meant 'rockets' in general. Like it was impressive their hobbies were stealing, raping, and robbing only... though his was fighting, so maybe he was born to be a Rocket.

notes AMURO YOU CUTE LIL FUCKER

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
drinks with rookie. [c]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 15:45:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
{
}

The bartender arrived much earlier than Amuro anticipated. His glass had been filled, and that meant that there were no more distractions. Shit. He'll either have to look at Abner with that stupid blush on his face, or risk alcohol poisoning by downing this martini glass already.

He somehow manages to do both.
He drinks the beverage and his eyes unmistakably find Abner's again. At least he didn't choke on the alcohol again.

"Yeah, well. Not a lot of people know that," He admitted with a shrug of his own. "I am pretty good at ice-skating too." He thanked himself mentally for not mentioning any of those dumb contests he took a part of as a child. "Have you ever tried it before? 'Cause you look like you're too big for any type of skating." He's seen enough muscularly guys trip and fall to the point that their egos have been hurt too much. Some of them never dared to try skating again.

Then again, maybe seeing Abner going through that would be entertaining.

"We can go together sometime, if you want. I just hope you'll be able to keep up." Amuro's tone suggested that he didn't believe Abner had what it takes.

⋆ he doesn't even realize he basically asked abner out on a date ⋆
MADE BY VEL OF GS
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
drinks with rookie. [c]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2019 15:00:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[nospaces]

@amuro

What was asked was innocent enough. Amuro had asked if Abner wanted to go with him next time he went ice skating, but then he'd gone the distance to not being able to keep up. Oh, now it was a challenge. Seemed as if Amuro knew him pretty well after only one mission.[break][break]

As fun as it would have been, his mind traveled to . Why? Because... weren't they... dating or something? They'd kissed but Abner would kiss anybody on the street just to see what their face would do. So kissing really wasn't the big deal. It was all those... emotions attached. Emotions he didn't typically feel, not in his position.[break][break]

"Sure." Because, he didn't have to view it as a date, even if it sounded like a date. "And, flattered as I am that you're asking me out on a date, I might be taken." Shit, that sounded stupid, and Abner made a face at himself. Like he'd physically kicked himself in the ass for speaking. "I've got, a possible, boyfriend... I don't fucking know, but you mind if I bring him along?"[break][break]

Suddenly, Abner was breaking into a grin. "You could bring your boyfriend." Abner simply assumed Amuro would have one. He was cute enough after all.

notes ACK! DATE!