'red flower' and other artsy terms for fire [ff]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
'red flower' and other artsy terms for fire [ff]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2019 13:56:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Warm coffee during early mornings was wonderful.

Arthur's home was lovely, now that Chu-e had gotten more used to it, shaken some of the nerves out around what they had and what they could be. So he was curled up, skin still soft and warm from waking up, a loose sweater pulled over his frame to take back some of the leeching warmth from Arthur leaving bed.

As caffeine danced on his tongue, Chu-e felt the urge to join the other in his shower, maybe for a few moments, maybe for a taste of just a smidgen more since this wasn't as rocky, when a frantic knock sounded at the door. He stood, placed his cup down, make sure that Sweetness was still curled up warm around the egg before darting down the hall and to the front of the house to answer whoever it was.

"Arthu- ah?" The person, an older woman in some type of traditional grab, looked just as stunned to see Chu-e as he was to see her. She couldn't quite put it together, then moved past it, whatever was troubling her more important. "Please, does the Gym Leader live here? T-the shrine on the hill caught fire! We need help!"

"He's in the shower," At least, Chu-e thought he was; the other was probably done by now. There was a real temptation to just shut the door in her face, it wasn't his problem after all, but Chu-e stopped himself. It wouldn't look good for Arthur or his position if his partner turned away people seeking help. Damn. "I'm with Interpol. I can help."

The lie slipped easily off his tongue, a cover story for who he was and why he was gone often. Chu-e grabbed his jacket and slipped his shoes on, checking the pockets to make sure he had all his pokeballs on him.

"Stay here and tell Arthur when he comes out." Chu-e whistled, high, and from the living room Sunshine poked his nose out, eyeing the woman. "Sunshine, stay with this woman for now." The Arcanine grunted and sat down, gaze locked on her; didn't want her to cause any trouble if she was lying.

But even from here Chu-e could tell she wasn't. Up on the hill there was dark smoke. He ran for it, cursing himself for having to play hero and hoping Arthur hurried up for backup. He quickly found the pokeballs he had been looking for, too, and when close enough he released a Seel, Swanna and Kabuto into the area.

The place was blazing, people running around like chickens with their heads cut off, some people even going back inside for reasons he couldn't guess. First things first he could focus on the fire itself at the very least. Arthur was better with people anyway.

"Dome, you crawl inside and get the fire on the ground. Blubber, stick to the outside foundations. Beauty, fly up above and hit it from the top. Use Rain Dance first so we can start a shower. Use any water moves you need, okay?" He called to his pokemon, who darted off to do as told as soon as he was done. Now to see how things played out.

@arthurwright
'i'm not gunna write much cause i'm tired' whoops

like 99% of this is just exposition so we can get to the good stuff tbh lmao. i probably will not keep this post length up kjfhfs

Home -> cold for papa -> unmade papa egg fun thread -> this thread, and this one is probably around the end of the week of chu-e staying so they're more comfortable? :u for timeline's sake lol