Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
outbreak [slateport mission]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 0:41:17 GMT
noah faber Avatar

in the central mall, the sirens ring familiar. it's muffled. sounds numbed by a collective panic that settles in the lungs as thick as a quagmire. it's the same oppressive air, noah recognizes. the same one he felt in kanto.

through that same air, a man is dropped from the third floor by a mandibuzz to the applause of laughing grunts.

sifting through the zombifying panic of a shopping mall crowd is no easy feat. his smaller yet athletic figure is clobbered by the panicked angles of brutish shoulders and knotted legs. yet, he perseveres with bruises. watches close for the spaces. the rocket denizens inside are already taking matters into their own hands, wrists finally unbound in the anonymity of chaos.

"agh, come on. exit. exit. exit?" he finds one. the escalators on the other side of the mall that feed into a basement parking lot. noah has half the thought to take out his pokémon, but it's too easy to be submerged. he needs to be unnoticeable. quiet. selfish.

but he can't. how could he when he spots him buckled down and hiding fruitlessly in the thicket of rockets and innocents alike. noah's heart pours out like a gaping wound and his muscles tense.

the mandibuzz's talons tense too. it searches for more; then it begins to dive. noah cusses and summons his machamp— with a practiced motion, he leaps and the machamp grips him by the ankle. with a hefty cry, the pokémon hurls him like an olympic hammer throw.

noah collides into lien and pushes him out of the way before sliding on the linoleum; yet, this is not without consequence. the mandibuzz's talons strike across noah's back and the pain is recognized in the moment shock of his expression. squawking, the mandibuzz returns to the air while his machamp rushes to them.

shakily, noah grabs lien by the forearm. gives it a squeeze before attempting to lift him up. "buddy! let's get out of here, okay? no use sitting around, okay?"

close tab

played by

giz

he/him
healer
cadet
9 height
9 height
awards
37 posts
lien rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lien
lien rose
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 18:22:43 GMT
lien rose Avatar
this was… a lot to take in all at once.

one minute he was spending the day relaxing- with a boba in one hand and a small bag of sweets in the other- and the next was spent on the ground, pushed to the side by someone in an obvious hurry to get away from whatever it was that took place in the opposite direction.

chaos- stemming from a nearby attack- sent people into a frenzy, the only thought on their minds being escape, the safety of others seen as a foreign prospect.

coming to a stand, he would look to the remnants of his now discarded boba, the pearls and what remained of his drink scattered with the sweets that lie on the ground.

this would open him from an unseen attack from above, the mandibuzz intending to inflict pain, more carnage added to it’s assumed bloody history. but before it could sink it’s talons into him, someone, almost angelic in his arrival, would push him out of harms, way, the attack taken by him instead lien.

with everything happening all at once, he was at a loss for words, his tongue was tied with a ‘thank you’ on the tip of it. the only thing he would be able to get out before being pulled along was, “okay.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 4:49:54 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah hoists lien up and the red lines across his back pulse sharp. he winces, one eye closed with his head cocked to the side. his glance falls to the spilled boba.

"that's a shame." noah quickly calls his machamp into his ball— wary of attracting more attention. he nods. "follow me.

brisquely he pulls on lien's arm and moves toward the escalators. a shadow zooms past them, and noah sharply orders them to pin their backs against the spine of an ascending staircase.

"hhh— that stupid bird's out to get us now, i think." noah clears his sweaty face of his bangs— not for his own comfort, but to get a clearer look at his companion. "what's your name, buddy? i'm noah."

close tab

played by

giz

he/him
healer
cadet
9 height
9 height
awards
37 posts
lien rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lien
lien rose
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2019 21:04:31 GMT
lien rose Avatar
pulled along, lien would silently watch the man, eyes on his wounds as he moved. it looked painful, and while he was thankful for the man's actions, he wished he hadn’t put himself in danger.

to do this for a complete stranger meant that this man was either stupid or a saint. lien could only think of him as the ladder, of course, but any wandering eyes that had caught him would have chosen the other option.

the command given was quickly followed, shaky legs nearly giving out from the stressful situation as he leaned on the railing.

when his name was asked he would mutter quietly.

romani.

a flash from his satchel calling forth an audino, the pink pokemon forcing the man to turn around; a heal pulse promptly used on the strangers scars.

i-i’m sorry you got hurt because of me, you shouldn’t have done that… but i appreciate it.

at the very least the bleeding would come to a halt, the audino turning to tend to a scuff on her trainers elbow before returning to her ball.

i’m lien by the way.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2019 3:48:57 GMT
noah faber Avatar

after being swiveled around, noah shivers as the heal pulse erases the sting. with an utterance of thanks, he wipes some sweat off his brow, only now recognizing how his body had suffered from the mandibuzz's claws.

noah gulps. taken aback by lien's soft countenance, soft words, he brushes the apology off with a boyish pose of defiance.

"it was nothing. i've had worse, and..." noah's eyes trace the open air for wings. "i'd do it again."

from a distance, screams and the crashing of glass tear the respite apart.

"well, lien? stick close to me." he sees rockets intersecting their escape path. the escalators run emptily as grunts station themselves nearby. "you're not much of a fighter, are you?"

close tab

played by

giz

he/him
healer
cadet
9 height
9 height
awards
37 posts
lien rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lien
lien rose
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2019 21:02:22 GMT
lien rose Avatar
please don’t-

his words were calm, a firmness about them in their deliverance.

-others getting hurt on my account would make me unhappy. i would rather it be me harmed than you.

hair bobbed, falling over his face as he flinched, the clattering glass startling him slightly.

i...i’m not a fighter, but i can take care of myself.

an obvious lie, but anything he could do to lessen this stressful situation he would… in his ability.

he’d keep up, even if his legs felt like giving out. the fear he felt in this moment kept him silent, any words that came to mind being caught in his throat with each shifting shadow.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2019 8:06:50 GMT
noah faber Avatar

inwardly, noah sobs. this guy was too nice. too wholesome. how could someone like him be caught in the middle of this mess?

he gulps.

it was unfair, but noah's naive heart still beat against any challenge to justice. and for those who suffered under the banner of cruel temerity.

"if you say so... no promises though. i'd probably make you unhappy all the time if that's how you roll." he eyes the grunts ahead, pinching his bottom lip. "let's go." noah glances fondly at the audino, too.

noah summons his machamp again and beckons for lien before sneaking from wall to wall. he rests beside a large set of vending machines.

"i'll distract them and when i say the magic word, book it to the escalators, okay?" noah says, pulling out some wrappings from his pockets. he busily binds his fists.

close tab

played by

giz

he/him
healer
cadet
9 height
9 height
awards
37 posts
lien rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lien
lien rose
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2019 22:20:46 GMT
lien rose Avatar
words of assurance or confirmation failed him, a small nod being the only cue for acknowledgement.

what more could he do in this moment, other than follow behind the man that aimed to help him, than go along with what he had planned, he wasn’t in any position to lead nor disagree afterall.

he’d simply stand by, the audino holding his hand for comfort, ready to return as soon as prompted to.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2019 0:39:50 GMT
noah faber Avatar

the nod is enough. a comedically minor gesture preceding the grand event. to complete the bindings, noah tears the athletic tape with his teeth. briefly, he's self-conscious at how he looks, but the gravity of the situation washes away the insecurities of his brutish action.

noah hops onto two of machamp's large fists, "get ready."

the two leave the safety of the vending machines. like a circus performer standing on top of an elephant, noah balances himself with his arms crossed confidently, with his feet on two of machamp's open palms.

"hey, idiots!" noah barks. "hold onto your balls. you're about to see something sick." the grunts snarl, reaching into their pockets.

"no, no, not those ones." he taps his right foot on machamp's hand, and it begins.

the machamp hurls him. hard. like a meteor, noah soars through the air, screaming: "maaaaagic wooooooooooOOOORD!" his machamp is quick to follow up, launching himself into a frenzied beating on the other grunt.

the path to the escalator is open, but before any of them can escape, the mandibuzz returns. noah is torn away from the shriveled form of the beaten grunt. his legs dangle helplessly as they leave the earth. gritting his teeth, noah shouts and gestures to lien to rush away.

close tab

played by

giz

he/him
healer
cadet
9 height
9 height
awards
37 posts
lien rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lien
lien rose
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 2:09:16 GMT
lien rose Avatar
when he had mentioned for him to get ready, he had not expected for the turn of events to conspire before him as they did. was he insane? throwing himself into the fray like that was nothing less than reckless, but a sense of respect was made for the man in his efforts.

he was doing this for a complete stranger.

emotions almost got the better of him in the moment, his eyes beginning to water, not only for his bravery but the fact that this was done from him, but before any tears could escape, he would need to make his.

and he did, quick to make haste towards the escalators, only for his attention to turn back to noah, the one who was once on the ground now soaring above, not of his own volition mind you.

it seemed the mandibuzz’s bloodlust was not quenched with its previous attacks and with noah in its claws, maybe it was done playing with its food.

it almost crossed his mind to let the young man fight his own battles, he created this distraction so he could leave in the first place, but a moral compass pointed toward noah, lien’s wobbly legs moving forward as he sent out two pokemon, an eevee as well as musharna.

cremia, bubble field, tatl, playing cards.

though his commands were outlandish, the pokemon knew of what their trainer wanted of them, the musharna quickly laying forth a psychic terrain, bubbles of psychic energy forming as the area became engulfed in a pink mist, the eevee using said bubbles as it bounced higher towards its target, 6 cards of varying colors forming around it before launching towards the mandibuzz, the trump card making contact quickly, striking a wing.

as the two began falling lien rushed forward, pushing the musharna to extend the field, bubbles bouncing the two down as safely as they could.

as they approached he’d send the audino to help, eevee leaping on the downed mandibuzz as the audino casted a heal pulse on the man as well as the mandibuzz.

i’m sorry i hurt you miss mandy but you had my friend, please don’t try and hurt him anymore. and as for you,” he’d say, helping noah to his feet, you were really reckless. let's try and get out of here together, okay?

his voice was shaky but sturn, body language matching the frequency of his frayed voice.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,498 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2019 4:33:21 GMT
noah faber Avatar

to see someone blossom before you is an inspiring thing. it's a wobbly declaration of reprisal. yet to noah, lien's orders possess a confidence never before seen, and they unfurl like a rare tan hua, bursting forth in pink through slateport's darkest hour.

noah feels where the talons have dug in. his right arm sparks sharply in painful lines, but he submits to the hilarity of their trampolines and bounces about. after the last bubble, noah rolls away from the defeated vulture and lands to a skid on the mall floor.

he shakes his sweaty hair out. quietly, he grips his arm and feels his palm clam up warmly. a HEAL PULSE soothes his injuries. catching the audino's eyes with a warm glint, he thanks his nurse. with a free hand, noah graciously allows lien to heave him to his feet.

"like i said, i'm probably going to upset you all the time— friend." noah scratches his chest. he's touched, but the time for sentiments escapes them as he watches a squad of rocket grunts pursuing the fading pinks of a PSYCHIC TERRAIN.

his machamp is already busy. wrestling a vending machine from its outlet, the dispenser rattles with cans and coins before being hurled into the crowd.

"hell yea, cobra!" the machamp salutes with one arm while the rest of its limbs tuck close for a focused sprint. "time to go!"

noah leaps the entire escalator's length, stumbling at the bottom like an ambling calf. he laughs at himself then beckons for lien.

in the basement of the doomed mall, the open parking lot leads out to a nearby wood.

close tab

played by

giz

he/him
healer
cadet
9 height
9 height
awards
37 posts
lien rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lien
lien rose
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2019 1:18:21 GMT
lien rose Avatar
once again, his reckless abandon astounds lien, purpled eyes watching in astonishment as he accomplished such a feat as he did.

lien was not as… active as he was, so simply running down the stairs after recalling his team was more than enough for him to create some distance.

his legs would move forward, eyes on noah’s back, amazement clear on his features as he struggled to keep up with the man, his tattered clothes flowing in the wind from his momentum.

to still have all this energy after everything he’s been though, noah was nothing short of amazing.