cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2019 5:56:10 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
dust. 

there was so much dust that it had rendered cait a sneezing mess for what felt like the umpteenth time. 

"how long has it been since they - ack - cleaned back here?"

the young officer rubbed at her irritated eyes and sniffled, half-tempted to retreat from the rarely used study. but she had formally allotted nearly a month's worth of days off so that she had an ample amount of time to focus on her task. 

'i can't waste the little time i have.' 

she sucked in a breath and focused her steely gaze on the shelf of books that hadn't been touched in some time. cait endured the clumps of dust to retrieve several thick volumes - coughing and wheezing all the while. 

"i - i think this is it.

the girl settled before a mahogany desk, gingerly pushing aside piles of old and unimportant documents before taking a seat and proceeding to pour over the books. 

'there has to be some mention of celebi in here.' 

cait found that the material she was in the midst of skimming was rather - well - dry. dull, even, as it discussed in length a series of mundane topics. there were mentions of how the land of jotho was developed and even how property lines were cut. farming was also frequently brought up as well as the products they produced. 

"this chapter focuses on... mareep and flaffy," she muttered. 

the officer blinked owlishly before her features scrunched up into a grimace that conveyed her displeasure. 

"who even wrote this?

whoever happened to be the author of such a hefty book must have had a strong fondness for the land and how it was cultivated. overall, the book offered little in the way of valuable information, and was quickly replaced with another that contained fewer pages in comparison. 

"'the forests of johto.' oh! there's even pictures here. they look hand drawn. 

several hours had passed as cait read about the past relationship held between pokemon, humans and the forest. it wasn't entirely long before the old book offered her a snippet of information that captured her focus. 

"...!

'the voice of the forest'. 

"that has to be celebi," she said, her grip upon the book tightening. "it has to be. there's nothing else that has that name.

there were several pages dedicated to the legend, with the information appearing to be relatively vague. she had hoped that her family had preserved some knowledge that related to celebi, and it appeared as though they did. she continued to look through the dust-encrusted book, attempting to glean as much information as she could about how the humans of the past viewed and interacted with the creature known as the onion fairy. 

- - - 
cait's eyes flung open, the girl startled from her sleep as she felt something gently brush against her shoulder. 

"...!

her bleary-eyed gaze settled upon the familiar sight of her butterfree; the creature possessing a cup of warm tea within her psychic grasp. the dual-type tentatively levitated the hot drink before the woman as she slowly sat up from her formerly slumped position and wiped a line of drool from her chin. 

"gods. how long was i asleep for...?

she uncomprehendingly peered down at the open books and disorderly collection of notes that she had taken. 

"and what time is it?

cait accepted the cup with a quiet 'thanks' before offering it a tentative sip, appreciative of the heat it exuded and the pleasant scent that wafted from the delectable liquid. 

"you made this?

her butterfree shook her head. 

"beautifly, then?

a nod, this time. 

"tell her i appreciate it, alright? i... haven't really visited you two much at all, have i?

ever since she had acquired more than the six she had initially acquired for her team, she hadn't seen her original duo much at all. they had been left to occupy her family's home or aimlessly wander the forest which fortree was renown for. 

"i'm sorry," she murmured. "i've been so busy, lately.

her butterfree merely crooned in reply - both sympathetic and understanding of her mistress's plight. 

"mmm.

she'd quickly polish off the remainder of her sweetened brew before setting it aside in favor of peering down at the physical representation of her progress. 

"i've barely found anything that can help me figure this out.

cait rubbed her forehead, visibly exasperated by the scant clues that had been left behind by her ancestors. 

"nothing that i don't already know ABout, at least.

it was past midnight now and she felt as though the small nap she had taken hadn't been enough. but she refused to give up and potentially lose her place, and would request a coffee that could offer her the energy needed to continue. 

"with extra sugar," she said. "and a lot of cream. please?"

once the butterfree had taken her leave with the emptied cup in tow the young officer leaned back in her chair and listlessly peered up at the ceiling. she twiddled her thumbs, contemplating the bits and pieces of information that she had compiled prior to her impromptu nap. 

"it all has to lead to something. it just has to.

'don't get frustrated. you have thirty days - that's more than enough time.' 

perhaps relying on the old-fashioned way wasn't the correct way in going about this? but - no - she refused to accept the possibility that her family wasn't privy to information that wasn't publicly available or even accessible by the league. 

'we've worshiped celebi for generations,' she thought. 'something has to be here that tells me something that the bigwigs don't already know about.' 

@ s h i v
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2019 4:46:22 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE SEARCH FOR CELEBI

[attr="class","ipad"]
CAIT'S RESEARCH[break][break]
upon reflecting on her research, cait would recall that there are shrines all around the globe. these shrines rest within the hearts of their respective region's groves. johto's ilex forest, sinnoh's eterna forest, and kalos' santalune forest are a few examples.[break][break]

each culture has a different ritual associated with the worship of celebi. alola's lush jungle requires a timed ritual in accordance to the regional rains. the pinwheel forest requires acolytes to reintroduce sunlight into the thick woodland. [break][break]

cait would notice a crumpled, old piece of parchment sticking out of a book. it possesses a list:[break][break]

[break][break]

• the fibre of an energy root
  • the leaves of a revival herb
  • the peel of a tropius fruit
[break][break]

scribbled notes suggest one should wrap the peel of a tropius fruit and the leaves of a revival herb in the fibrous strands of an energy root before lighting them aflame. in other words, ingredients for an incense. one footnote is messily scribbled in a cursive print: "danger sweet scent."[break][break]

these materials can be found deep within the petalburg woods. inside the dark woodland, tropius reside in the tallest of trees, ones that grow closest to a known celebi shrine. sadly, any other information is missing. the paper seems to be a simple recipe— any symbolism seems to have been lost to time or lack of conversation.[break][break]

what will do?
[break][break]

[break][break]

repost in the research thread after you have posted!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2019 8:22:17 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait had fallen asleep during the small hours of the morning, having forced herself to retire shortly after acquiring the list. she had ensured it was safely tucked away with the book she had found it in, unwilling for it to be damaged despite committing the astonishingly small list of ingredients to memory. and despite her mind being abuzz with the knowledge that she had gathered, she'd shut her eyes and allow herself the rest her body craved.

her family hadn't interrupted her sleep and had even prepared a small meal for her that came in the form of a cucumber sandwich. the vast majority of her family were staunch vegetarians, and were quite good at crafting dishes centered around the foods they cultivated in their gardens; cait having been served a myriad of colorful and creative dishes throughout her childhood. 

'cucumber sandwiches are my favorite, though.' 

as she sat in her family's kitchen by her lonesome and relished her meal, the young officer contemplated how'd she go about retrieving the items that she'd need for her very own personal ceremony. cait was aware of where they were located, but it'd still require a good amount of searching on her part to gather the raw materials. 

'i'll get it done,' she thought. 'i have time - all the time i need if i'm careful with how i spend it.' 

and - oh - how she wanted to tell her family about her intentions. cait was certain that they'd be just as invested in the process as she - but she had little choice but to keep it under wraps. they would be safer if they remained mostly ignorant of what she intended to do. 

'i love them - but they aren't the best at keeping a secret.'

cait decided then that she'd rest for a day or two before leaving her family home, wanting to spend that little bit of time with her family. it had been far too long since she had enjoyed their company, after all. 

- - - 

petalburg city proved a welcoming sight, quite a few of their local businesses and homes nestled between a plethora of trees that had been left intact since its founding. cait often described it as 'quaint' and far more visually attractive when compared to the typical city found within the region of hoenn. it was only after securing a hotel room for herself that she'd conduct a bit of light research on the woods that bordered the settlement, seeking out the library and plucking several books from its wooden shelves to look over. 

'i've been in those woods before,' she thought. 'but i don't really know much about them. i knew that they had a temple, but my family never really bothered worshiping there before. i wonder if anyone local tends to it.' 

she honestly doubted they did due to its location and the prevalence of  modern religions that naturally gravitated toward beings such as arceus. 

"'how petalburg was built'," she read. "this looks promising."

cait dedicated a good chunk of time exploring the city - having enjoyed its museums, its art and its local cuisine. but it wasn't entirely long before she came across a 'hole in the wall' shop that sold a plethora of herbs in bulk. 

- - - 
"quite the interesting list ya got here, lil' lady." 

an old man peered at the piece of paper that he had been presented - cait having produced a personal replica of the list that she had discovered within her family's personal study.

"these aren't used all-too often nowadays," he said. "most trainers fancy the newer stuff, ya know? its cheaper and far easier to administer. jus' point an' spray."  

"but do you sell any of these? i didn't see them on your shelves when i was looking through your inventory.

the man scratched his chin and frowned deeply before returning the list to cait. 

"unfortunately, no. the stuff's hard to come by and it's nearly impossible to grow right. and even if we had it in stock it'd be real expensive, lil lady. i don't doubt for a moment that you could afford it - but i doubt it'll be worth the price. just go get yourself a few potions and a revive if you're hurtin' for somethin' like that."

cait shook her head, a hint of a frown forming.

'guess i'll have to do it the hard way, then.'  

"do you have any idea where i can find them at least?

"mm - you're gonna have to go real deep in petalburg. and i mean really deep to find these. carry a compass with ya and you should be able to make your way to its center. but i suggest packing for the trip." 

"right," cait said, dipping her head. "thank you. i'd still like to buy these, though.

the man squinted at the chosen item she placed onto the counter. 

"aloe, huh? good choice. especially since i assume you're headin' into the forest." 

cait merely nodded as the aloe was rung up, her mind elsewhere as she considered her next step. 

- - - 

she'd enter the woods with a pack filled to the brim with supplies and six companions that she felt would be abundantly useful for this particular venture. cait had began her journey when the sun was high in the sky and there was plenty of light left in the day. and she stay upon the well-trodden path until her compass urged her to remove herself from it. it was only due to her familiarity with the forest that each following step that was taken was a confident one. 

'a home away from home,' she thought. 'my home away from home.' 

the multitude of sights and sounds and smells that were presented were all taken in with relish. she felt a sense of belonging as she pressed deeper and deeper into the woods, her senses absorbing everything. the pokemon whom she had encountered thus far varied in temperament, but she was mindful of their territory and respected their personal boundaries by keeping her distance and maintaining a small profile. 

'nothing yet.' 

cait's first day spent in the woods had proven unsuccessful, the girl having little choice but to set up camp once the moon had appeared and the sun had dipped below the horizon. after releasing her companions from their respective capsules, she'd prepare a small and contained flame to prepare a small dinner with her companions were allowed to wander freely for the remainder of the evening, and delighted in the local vegetation that would consume in large quantities; with only florges having partook in her mistress's stew. 

the young woman slept peacefully that night, the forms of her pokemon nestled around her in a protective circle. 

- - - 

the following days were mostly uneventful, though there was a bit of excitement here and there. cait's supplies had dwindled somewhat, but she compensated by gathering local vegetation and fruit to add into her meals. she'd also bathe in whatever clear bodies of water she'd come across while also refilling her personal canteen. the officer had managed to discover one ingredient thus far - the item having been stumbled upon by the female as she wandered. it would be carefully harvested and placed in a small and clear plastic bag before she moved on, the girl inwardly crossing off the item from her list. 

'progress,' she thought.  'i'm making progress.' 

the experience wasn't an entirely pleasant one as she continued onward, the girl having suffered the occasional injury. nothing severe had occurred as of yet, but she made sure that any open wound was immediately cleaned with water and tended to; aloe typically administered and the area wrapped in a bandage to heal. cait was almost certain that she'd suffer some scarring as a direct result of this single trip - but she felt as though it was worth it. 

'progress.' 

- - - 

"a hot bath sounds amazing right about now," cait groaned. "that and a soft bed.

the freshly harvested and bristly energy root rested within the palm of her grimy hands. it had required some digging to prevent any undo damage from being inflicted upon the item - the girl having been forced to use her hands. 

"no wonder they don't bother selling these anymore," she said, peering down at her prize. 

she'd shrug after a while, retrieving her canteen to wash away the excess dirt that had had lodged itself beneath her fingernails. cait was determined to maintain a sense of cleanliness, after all. 

- - - 

the sight of the temple resulted in a surge of energy that hurried along the young woman's steps. her eyes were round and her lips were parted as she looked upon the simple structure with awe.

it was worn - and old - but still  very much intact. 

'it looks like it hasn't been touched in years.' 

cait allowed herself a moment to relax, her pack slipping off her shoulders as she plopped herself onto her rear. 

'i honestly wish i didn't look like such a mess.' 

despite her attempts at cleaning herself up frequently, the week and half that had passed hadn't been kind to the young woman. her body was covered in a thin sheen of sweat, her shirt was torn slightly and her denim trousers were wrinkled due to the impromptu hand-washing that they had been made to suffer through multiple times over. 

"i made it," she said, relieved. "i made it.

cait fell to her knees and bowed her head - exhausted. she'd pray silently before the shrine despite that desire to rest, the sun that shone high above warming her back as she did so. 

'i should - i should start.' 

with trembling hands, she removed the items from her pack along with a single pokeball that had formerly been secured to her waist. after placing the energy root and revival herb upon the grass before her, she'd usher her tropius out of his capsule. 

"tropius," she said. "may i?

the grass-type promptly dipped his head, allowing for to pluck free one of his fruits. she'd press a gentle kiss upon his cheek and allow for him to remain and observe as she continued onward with the ceremony. she followed the instructions that had been given without err and produced a match to set it ablaze. cait placed it before the shrine, her eyes round with excitement as she retreated several steps from both the shrine and the burning herbs.

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/357.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/389.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/673.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/154.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/671.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/103.png

@ s h i v
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 5:58:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE SEARCH FOR CELEBI

[attr="class","ipad"]THE SWEETEST SCENT[break][break]
the scent smells delicious, but healthy. the smoke wafts high and above, but dissipates quickly to a colorless hue: a perk that cait would immediately be grateful for lest rangers be called to deal with a forest fire. as the incense burns, the forest begins to come alive. pokemon cries, rustling leaves and snapping twigs sound from all directions.[break][break]

finally, a weepinbell launches itself towards cait and the incense, mouth agape in a terrifying display of hunger. however, something interrupts its charge. a violent flurry of RAZOR LEAVES bisects the flycatcher in half, acid spraying into the forest floor and immediately killing the grass it hits. a pool of acid festers in front of cait still, and she would know that stepping or touching it in any way will spell incredible pain.[break][break]

[break][break]

should she turn around, she would come face to face with a lurantis. but one much larger than the normal kind. it glows, fired up by an incredible force: a totem lurantis.[break][break]

it strikes at you with a a potent LEAF BLADE.[break][break]

WyU6dSV9
[break][break]

what will do?
[break][break]

[break][break]

you must beat the lurantis' roll to evade its attack. you do not need to roll for your attack or any other action against the lurantis. repost in the research thread after you have posted!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 8:47:37 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the flurry of movement warrants a slightly delayed reaction from the weary young woman - but a reaction, nonetheless. with the death of the flycatcher came the approach of a creature that was magnificent in scale. cait was familiar enough with the lurantis line, seeing as she possessed one of her very own, but she hadn't ever glimpsed one of this size before.

'it's beautiful.'

that single thought crossed her mind as it raised its glowing scythe, the pokemon appearing intent on striking her down. and had her companion not been at all present, it would have very likely managed the task of dispatching the human woman. it was her tropius that intervened, the grass-type preventing his mistress from having her form halved in the blink of an eye. 

"
...!"

cait sharply gasped and backpedaled, the action sloppy and resulting in her landing roughly upon her own rear. she stared up at what followed, blinking almost uncomprehendingly at the dueling grass-types. it was a miracle she hadn't landed in the acid that had signified that the weepinbell was indeed very much dead, the girl having landed just shy of its disgusting digestive juices by mere inches. upon wobbly legs she stood, distancing herself a handful of meters away before turning to face the confrontation.

'it should be nearly impossible for a pokemon like that to reach its size,' she thought, awestruck. 

cait had half-expected nothing to occur, uttering a hasty thanks to the gods that she had managed to survive her initial encounter with the beast. and with her tropius standing in her defense, her likelihood of remaining very much alive increased by a decent enough margin. her dual-type fought fervently, offended by the attack on his mistress as he wielded the sharp winds of air slash in his favor. the totem beast responded in turn, its scythes slicing at the flying-type with the obvious intention of cutting into the impressive and vulnerable length of tropius's neck.

cait feared that her companion would be harmed irrevocably if he wasn't careful, but he managed to avoid a beheading multiple times over. his training allowing him to match the beast in strength and speed, the leafy dinosaur shifting his stance and craning his neck to ensure that he wasn't abruptly ended by a single swipe. his mistress glanced down at her form as he fought, checking for any injuries that would need to be tended to now as opposed to later. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/357.png

easaFJOX

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2019 4:29:56 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE SEARCH FOR CELEBI

[attr="class","ipad"]THE STAKES ARE RAISED[break][break]
cait narrowly evades lurantis' LEAF BLADE, her companion intervening valiantly upon her behalf. the tension in the wood thickens. the sizzling acid tearing away at grass and the haggard cries of battling pokémon render the soundscape nightmarish. behind them, the shrine seems to waver and rest nervously.[break][break]

the lurantis and tropius trade blows— but the fruit-bearing tropius manages to avoid a swift decapitation.[break][break]

[break][break]

with a freakish shriek, the lurantis makes a last-ditch effort for dominance. a ferocious gust begins to swirl around. petals accent the winds and tear up the forest bed, sending dirt and sliced grass into the cyclone. the PETAL BLIZZARD expands swiftly and battering the shrine, petals cutting into its fragile and aged wood. the incense is blown away, and its trail of smoke disappears within the frenzied gale.[break][break]

cait and the tropius will find themselves within the blizzard. the shrine is in danger of being torn into pieces.[break][break]

what will do?
[break][break]

[break][break]

roll twice with your action! try to aim for over 100 in total!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2019 5:06:26 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the sound of splintering wood as energy-infused petals cut deeply into frail and aged wood drew cait's gaze. the heartbreaking sight of the ancient shrine at risk of being damaged beyond repair caused panic to swell within her breast. 

'it's just a building,' she thought. 'it's just a small - wooden - thing.'

but someone long ago had worked to leave the mark of celebi upon this land. they had carefully selected and cut the wood before placing it with care to ensure that their god was properly represented within the land of hoenn. so many had bowed their heads before this shrine and found their peace; and so many had gathered here and sought to cleanse themselves and pray.

'but it's more than that.'

cait called out to her pokemon whom pressed closer to her, the large male seeking to defend his mistress against the onslaught by wielding his impressive bulk as a sturdy shield. 

"
we have to protect the shrine! the shrine, tropius!"

she was being foolish - perhaps - but there was far too much history present within this tiny piece of architecture.  

"you have to make it stop!"

her tropius's wings unfurled themselves at that moment, the pokemon flapping the broad and powerfully built appendages with the intent of conjuring a remarkably potent air slash. if they successfully felled the large lurantis they could perhaps prevent the shrine's fall. 

dLFDb6Td
·
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON May 18, 2019 5:12:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE SEARCH FOR CELEBI

[attr="class","ipad"]THE SHRINE[break][break]
splinters of wood begin to peel from the shrine's fragile construction. the ancient bark seems to wail as the PETAL BLIZZARD approaches its maximum intensity; however, the tropius finds an opening, dangerously weaving into the pink floral blades and delivers a potent AIR SLASH. the lurantis shrieks... the blizzard weakens! but it does not go away.[break][break][break]

as another strip of wood groans off the shrine, the lurantis' resilience pushes toward the tropius, another LEAF BLADE prepared for its extended neck. however, it stops. its limb falls slack. the blizzard stops and the lurantis scrambles away. from vacated space, something shimmers. like a glittering rift. finally, the light disperses as celebi twirls into being right before cait's eyes.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

the damaged shrine lights up with a faint green glow before dimming back to normal. the lines of stripped bark are no more and replaced with the newest, darkest stripes of wood, as if reverted to an earlier state... the celebi looks down at the gym leader and her pokemon with expectant eyes.[break][break][break]

how will appease the celebi? no roll needed.
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON May 18, 2019 6:52:46 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the freckle-faced and bedraggled woman peered up at the creature whom had manifested before her very eyes. its magnificence was unparalleled, the grass-type expert's mind suddenly bombarded by an overabundance of imagery that had been presented to her throughout her life. it was as though her memories - both faded and not - were shoving themselves at the very forefront for reexamination. 

'art does it very little justice.' 

had the encounter been more to her liking she'd be appropriately dressed in her ritualistic garb and in the company of her family. her mother and father - her aunts and uncles - had been loyal for longer than she had been alive and were far more deserving. they had shared their faith with cait and the gym leader had graciously accepted their teachings with a sort of wide-eyed enthusiasm. without them she'd have never been blessed by their god in such a spectacular way. 

'i miss them,' she thought. 'i miss being around them everyday. but this war has driven us apart in a physical sense.' 

"
celebi."

she choked out the word before she leaned against her tropius, a wave of exhaustion very nearly overwhelming her at that moment. 

"i must look like a terrible mess right now," she said. 

her mane was a collection of curls that were utterly plagued by frizz - sweat clung to her fle. sh and she was absolutely certain that she reeked. cait peered down at her wrinkled shirt, her partly torn trousers and her tennis shoes which were covered in dark and dried mud and laughed.

'there's nothing to be done about it. is there?' 

"
it's - heh - it's very nice to meet you. i'm cait - of the alfric clan.

cait's face split into a bright smile, a surge of energy filling her to the very brim as she suddenly found the strength to gently push away from her tropius and stand upon her own two legs that wobbled only a little as she swayed. her companion curiously eyed the celebi as his mistress greeted the legend, though he visibly relaxed within the god's presence as he noted the powerful yet decisively nonthreatening aura. 

"
i came here wanting to make sure you were safe," she explained. "i feared that rocket had somehow taken you.

she sucked in a little breath, her grin having faltered for only a moment before it returned in full. 

"
it is a great relief to see that you are," she said, nodding her head. "and i eagerly await the moment where i can share the news with my family. they worry about you often - about how you fair in these troubling times.

cait had no desire to prevent celebi from tending to its duties - from somehow bothering it were her excess noise - so she hurried herself along. 

"
i'll take care of this shrine and all like it in the region as much as i can," she promised. "i'll continue to heal - to learn - and to love."

she couldn't help thinking of at that moment; of how she had extended an olive branch and how he had taken it. the individuals whom willingly affiliated themselves rocket deserved just as much patience, kindness and fairness as anyone else whom occupied this world that they all shared. 

"
i will help bring this war to an end so that there can be peace."

cait spoke with resolve, standing a little straighter as she imagined a life where everyone lived without war, sickness or excess strife. 

"
i swear it.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2019 22:48:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE SEARCH FOR CELEBI

[attr="class","ipad"]GONE AND BACK AGAIN[break][break]
cait's reverence bathes the scene, pouring from the ancient rivers of her ancestry. before her, the fairy hovers as a seraph above a timeless throne. they float freely. constrained not by space or time.[break][break][break]

the appeal concludes into silence.[break][break][break]

in the corners of cait's eyes, she sees the rustling leaves begin to slow into still paintings.[break][break][break]

the fey eyes of celebi close. their sparkling blues, like the mirrors of millennia-old skies, rest underneath black lids. quickly, a green light envelopes the forest, expanding outward like a bright galaxy before collapsing into nothingness, disappearing into a blip with celebi, cait and tropius along with it.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

with celebi by her side, cait discovers that she's... somewhere else entirely. cramped inside a closet with her tropius quietly curled up against the wall, she sees an old man signing official documents at his desk. his head is pinned against a personal cellphone and he says, "yes, yes, goode has been decided as my successor... mmhm. i know. rocket's already here... she'll take the brunt of it. not me." then, the scene changes.[break][break][break]

now, cait will suddenly find herself somewhere else. obscured by a misplaced boulder, she feels harsh cave rock push back against her feet. her tropius cries out, alerting her to a gargantuan regirock that fires a HYPER BEAM at a group of trainers. in a panic, she follows the beam- and notices familiar faces: and ... before the world shifts once more.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

people scream. fires burn. the lights of slateport die. celebi watches forlornly as a rocket's rhyperior herds a group of citizens into a dark alleyway. a deafening roar is enough for the plane to morph cait into another scene.[break][break][break]

she's falling. from a distance. a tower crumbles beside her. set separate from the raid party, cait falls among large shards of debris. she sees a burning body plummeting too, one that begins to disintegrate into ashes: .[break][break][break]

the water nears. at this speed, the surface will slam into her like concrete. her tropius attempts to lift her onto her back- but before the finality of their fall breaks their bones... they're back. on the soft ground of the forest. the grass feels good against her palms. her feet. her tropius slumps for rest.[break][break][break]

celebi floats closer to cait, small hands reaching for hers. [break][break][break]

simply reply to this post and post in the research threads. you're almost done!
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2019 23:37:18 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the experience in its entirety was an indubitably jarring one; both cait and her grass-type counterpart mentally and physically reeling as they were finally allowed to settle. the scents - the sounds - the sights; all of it was permanently etched within their minds as they acknowledged the undeniable reality of the occurrence.  

'breathe.'

she had to remind herself to do so as she was comforted by the raw presence of forest. the breeze that brushed against her face and rustled her nest of curls carried with it the pleasant scent of moist earth and greenery. 

'i'm - where was i? i saw - ' 

her tropius remained by her side, his weary gaze remaining upon his mistress as she swayed lightly upon her two feet. cait was visibly trembling, her eyes wet and her expression forlorn as she realized that she had witnessed  's final moments. 

'he's still there,' she thought. 'at the bottom of the sea. alone.' 

"
celebi.

she choked out her god's name, the woman distracted by their vibrant, blue-eyed gaze.

"celebi."

her voice is clearer now - more steady as she reached out with her own hands. she gently grasped theirs, her eyes round with wonder as she managed a trembling yet sincere smile. the sadness that had threatened to overwhelm her was once again replaced by hope for the future. 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,257 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
deep root . [ research ]
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2019 0:06:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE END

[attr="class","ipad"]

cait's tears. her smile. her vulnerable supplicancy. they are met with celebi's own smile. that warm familial light embraces her and her alone. when the light disappears, celebi disappears too. however, cait still feels celebi presence, as if the fairy is ever-watching, ever-connected. after all, celebi has parted gifts to her.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","chosen"]YOU ARE WORTHY
[attr="class","chosen2"]
celebi has chosen you as their avatar.[break]
[break][break][break]

you receive the following perks:
[break][break]

• you receive 10 infamy.
  • you can now time-travel as much as she wants; however, cait will find there are many "fixed points" in time.
  • cait can reroll once in any given event, reflecting her ability of time-travel.
  • cait possesses the ability of healing, able to cause living things to grow, heal and purify by touch or presence alone.
  • cait's berry trees will grow in half the time without the need of a helper (does not stack with a helper pokemon).
  • celebi can be added to your party.
[break][break]