Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2019 6:19:17 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Agent Striker waited outside of the doors to the Mossdeep Space Center. The mission itself was rather sketchy to the Agent, being given so little information on what it was they were guarding. If anything, it made the Agent question what it was they were doing, and if it was legal or ethical. But then, given the fact that they were engaged in war with Team Rocket, he wondered if he should even be worried about that.

His partner for this mission was a man he worked for in the past. Alexei Ivanov, a sickly man from the Unova Region, had managed to become a Gym Leader for the League sometime after their mission in Shoal Cave. Thomas had yet to congratulate the man, given that he didn't know what he could get the man to congratulate him on his achievement. But then, he'd have the chance to discuss it with him after the mission.

That, and the status on the mysterious egg they discovered in the depths of Shoal Cave.

Thomas would be waiting for the Gym Leader, leaning against the wall next to the doors. Thomas idly checked his phone for any messages from his superiors, or those he was in close contact with.

tags:
notes: Waiting on his partner

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2019 15:36:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
was tempted to bring you-know-what. But figured, ehh, we can chat about it after the mission.

It was a last-minute replacement he was going to fill in today.

Not knowing why the original companion had to back out—were they busy, had something come down?—he’d agreed to come in and accompany another League member for ‘guard duty’ over at the Mossdeep Space Center. Wondering if they’d taken his critiques about stocking up on more appealing reading material more seriously—as he was speaking with some semblance of authority on a lot of things outer-space related despite not being a scientist (he’s just well-versed about outer space in general, okay)…

Well, that was for another day.

Once he’d arrived in Mossdeep, he’d swapped out some of his Pokémon team yet kept some of the others on him; because who knew what the hell was going to happen just in case things got really nasty.

He could only guess who he was partnered up with, and rubbed his gloved hands together the moment he’d stepped out of the Pokémon Center into the chilly wind blowing throughout the area. A few minutes’ walk later, and he was approaching the Space Center once again—but for some reason he couldn’t shake off the feeling of unease, of uncertainty that was nagging at him.

What the hell is wrong with me lately? Why’s everything I tend to get involved in some kind of dangerous shit, if not worse? He pondered privately, wiggling the fingers on his right hand from within the cloth cast he still had to wear—yes, his boyfriend was extremely adamant about having to brace up his arm despite the slow, painful physical therapy they were going through.

He wasn’t expecting to meet a familiar face at the top of the steps, waiting for his arrival.

“Oh! Hey, uh… nice to see you again,” he said by way of greeting. “So we just keep an eye on whatever they’re doing in there, right?” he continued, confirming that he’d gotten the information right.

[newclass=".alex"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2019 5:31:57 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When Thomas heard footsteps, he would lock his phone, and pocket the device. He looked over to the Gym Leader, giving the Unovan a friendly, if quiet nod. "Good to see you too, Alexei.", Thomas replied to him. "Seems to be the case. Though nothing is ever that simple. Whether we have some unwanted guests, or something happens without any outside interference, I get the feeling that something's gonna go down.", Thomas would tell him in response to his question.

Thomas would walk inside of the Space Center with his partner, going through the revolving doors. "Good evening, we're with the League, here to oversee an experiment on their behalf.", Thomas told her. The Agent would hand his identification and orders to the receptionist. After a moment, the receptionist had verified their documentation, handing their identification back to the duo, as well as a guest pass for the two of them. "Everything checks out, gentlemen. Go ahead and take the elevator, and I can bring you down to the lower levels.", the Receptionist told them.

"Thank you.", Thomas told the receptionist, giving them a nod, before heading towards the elevator with Alexei.

Once the door closed behind them both, the elevator would go down to the lower levels, down to a level that was inaccessible from the elevator controls. When the doors opened again, a rotund man in a lab coat would greet the duo. "Thank you two for coming! The experiment will begin shortly!", he told them excitedly.

Thomas would watch the large machine come to life, becoming quickly charged with energy. At first, it seemed that things were going swimmingly. That was, until the machine began to peter out. Thomas looked to the scientists, and looked to his partner. It seemed that this mission really wasn't going to be a simple oversight of a test run.

tags:
notes: So much for simple!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2019 16:02:23 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
and things all go to hell

“Tell me about it,” he nodded in reply, following the other into the Space Center.

The last time he’d been here, he was just a visitor who’d ended up picking up some sensible reading material (after that rather interesting counter). Tonight, however, he was here on official League business. Would some of the staff recognize him on sight? Who knows?

Once his companion had explained everything and they were issued with the proper passes as well as clearance so they could enter the more top-secret locations of the location. Would he be able to see something in action? He hoped so.

A short elevator ride down later deep into the basement, the two then blinked at the… wait, what?

They got us for guard duty? What the hell? He thought, a bit cross as his eyebrows furrowed together in concern. Wondering if it was alright to speak up about the assignment, he was about to ask the Agent about the specifics of the assignment they were on when the large machine not too far away from them crackled to life. Humming, glowing, brimming with power.

Everything looked fine, at least until…

“Wait, what’s going on?” he asked his companion, before turning to the now-panicking scientists. “What’s happening?!” he added a few moments later, hoping one of the not-panicking staff members would explain to them just what the fuck went down right before them.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 4:29:34 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas looked around as most of the scientists and other staff seemed to be in a panic over what was going on. Alexei would be asking what was going on before Thomas himself could inquire on it. One staff member would approach the duo.

"The machine needs more energy! If you two have any Pokemon that have Energy-based attacks, we need you to fire the attacks into the machine! Have them aim for the black panel in the middle!", the man would tell them with great urgency.

Thomas would take a moment to mull over who to send out, before he'd settle on Colt the Clawitzer. The Clawitzer looked around for a moment, wondering why he was sent out here, before looking up to Thomas.

"I know this will sound strange, but I need you to use Aura Sphere on black panel.", Thomas told him, pointing to the black panel.

The Clawitzer would charge up an Aura Sphere from his large pincer. After a moment, with the Aura Sphere taking on a brilliant glow thanks to Mega Launcher, the Clawitzer would fire off an Aura Sphere into the panel. As Thomas watched, all he could do was hope for the best, while mulling over another companion to potentially assist him, should it come up.

uE_tYBsg

tags:
notes: Getting energized!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 16:36:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
well SHIT!

“Black panel in the middle, huh…” he began, noting that the mood in the room suddenly turned form normal to outright batshit insane. Wondering if he’d brought too many Pokémon along, he certainly hoped that Electric-type attacks would work on it—but at the same time, he was also running the risk of shorting the machine out.

Backing away a few steps, he then reached into the sling and popped a Pokéball to full size and chucked it forward, watching as the red beam of light transformed into his Galvantula, Molni. Landing with an almost silent touch on the laboratory floor, the dual-type turned around to look at his companion, extremely confused at what the hell was going on.

“Hi, Molni. Sorry… things are just a mess. But uh,” he began, pointing at the malfunctioning machine. “See that black square panel thing there?” he asked the arachnid, who let out a skittering noise, confused before eventually nodding.

“Can you fire off an Electro Ball at it? Just make sure to hit that black panel in the middle, and nothing else… he continued a few moments later, crossing his fingers and hoping for the best. Turning its attention back at the thing, the Galvantula concentrated as hard as it could, before a crackling ball of electric energy was formed and with a single swish, batted the crackling orb of energy towards the panel.

Was it going to work…?

Who knows.

HBHUFdXn

Galvantula out on the field and uses Electro Ball on the panel!

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 16:44:46 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The scientist in the room would watch the two men bring out Pokemon to charge the panel. As the Aura Shere and Electro Ball hit the panel, the machine would begin to become charged with energy. "Very good, we're starting to see progress! See if you can deliver more of a charge to it!", the staffer told the duo.

Thomas looked to Colt, and looked to the remaining five Pokeballs on his belt. Three of the five remaining Pokeballs were well suited to the job, but the question was which of them would he bring out to assist Colt. After a few moments, Thomas brought out Taze the Galvantula. "Taze, fire an Electro Ball at the black panel! Colt, fire off another Aura Sphere at the black panel!", ordered Thomas.

The Galvantula would quickly blast the black panel with an Electroball, as Alexei's own Galvantula had just done. Meanwhile, Colt would fire off yet another Aura Sphere at the panel.

Ja3Xa0Fp

tags:
notes: Clawitzer used Aura Sphere.
Galvantula used Electro Ball

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 16:59:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
apparently that wasn't enough energy?!

“What? Wasn’t that enough?” he shouted over the crackling energy that began to fill the room. His hair was starting to stand on end because of all the electricity in such a confined space, but well… if that’s what they wanted, then what else could they do?

Sighing, he then looked down at his Galvantula, who was rather pleased to see another Galvantula like himself before whistling slightly in Molni’s direction. “Hey, you two can talk later… can you fire off another Electro Ball at that same panel? Apparently they said it isn’t enough… try not to overdo it, though,” he continued, wondering if the scientists were alright in the head.

Now, he had three more Pokémon that could potentially help; but he couldn’t risk having Niya out and using Spark on the machine—that wasn’t such a good idea. Sighing, he then plucked another Pokéball and tossed it forward, watching as his Magmortar emerged from the depths in the beam of red light.

“Hi, Agni… want to help me test something out? You know your Thunderbolt attack?” he asked the Fire-type, who curtly nodded in his direction. “Fire it at that black panel—yes, the same one that Molni hit just now,” he continued, pointing at the target.

“I know it’s not what you were expecting, I’ll make it up to you later, I swear…”

Huffing with a sigh, the Magmortar then took aim at the black panel, before concentrating and releasing a powerful blast of energy form its cannon-like arm, watching as the shock dropped down on the black panel.

Alexei was thinking about how the hell the machine could stand up against all the Electric-type attacks he was firing at it...

VqqKP_CC

Galvantula uses another Electro Ball on the panel; is joined by Magmortar who proceeds to snipe the same panel with a Thunderbolt.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 17:23:10 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The scientists would watch as more energy would be charged at the panel. Thanks to the addition of two more Pokemon, they'd be getting even more energy charged into the machine. While it still wasn't enough to get to the level they wanted to achieve, the two men were onto something, and if they kept this up, then perhaps they could salvage this experiment.

"You're doing good, gentlemen! Now we need just another round or two of energy, and we can see where this goes! If you have another Pokemon who could fire energy at the machine, their help would be appreciated!", the staffer called out to them, somewhat optimistically.

Thomas took out his Alakazam, Freke from his Pokeball. "Freke, fire a Focus Blast at the black panel, nice and careful! Taze, Colt, repeat!", Thomas called out to his Pokemon.

Freke would concentrate on the panel as hard as he could, before firing off a Focus Blast at the thing. Thanks to it being a stationary target, the slow sailing ball of energy would have no trouble in hitting it. Meanwhile, the Clawitzer fired off a third Aura Sphere at the panel, while the Galvantula fired off an Energy Ball at the panel.

This was the moment of truth.

Rw3VXIGJ

tags:
notes: Alakazam used Focus Blast
Galvantula used Electro Ball
Clawitzer used Aura Sphere

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 17:42:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
apparently that wasn't enough energy?!

“Honestly, if we all get bad hair day I swear…” he grumbled under his breath as he overheard the request from the scientist, who’d asked for one more round of energy. Just what the hell was going to happen?

Continuing to sigh under his breath, he looked inside the sling, and saw that he had two possible options—but since he’d already gotten Agni out and was using Thunderbolt, he decided to crank up the crazy to eleven and sent his Manectric out from its Pokéball.

As the canid Pokémon emerged from the flash of red light, it turned around to look at him.

“Can you aim a Thunder at that? Approach it if you have to! I know your Thunder isn’t going to hit as well without the weather turning all wet here…” he said to the second Electric-type, before urging the Manectric forward—as close as it could get to the machine.

“Go! Drop a Thunder right on it! Molni, Agni, help out with another Electro Ball and a Thunderbolt! Give it all you got!” he continued, internally cringing because holy shit that last sentence came out absolutely cheesy…

Blacking away, he quickly shielded his eyes as the three attacks came pouring out of the three assembled Pokémon, all converging on the black panel that they’d been targeting. Along with this companion’s three Pokémon, would they be able to give the machine enough energy to save whatever the scientists were doing from total ruin…?

mzR05OLo

Galvantula uses one more Electro Ball on the panel; accompanied by Magmortar's Thunderbolt. Now joined by Manectric, who literally drops a bolt of fucking lightning Thunder on the panel!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Insane Energy (Mission)
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 4:07:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE RESULTS

[attr="class","ipad"]
SUDDENLY![break][break]
the pair puts forth their best efforts. but perhaps, their efforts are too good. with 's team and their electrical onslaught and 's pokemon's energy-based attacks, the machine seems to be enduring the duress of the experiment fine. until it all goes south. a scream emanates from the machine and the panel bursts forth. an explosion erupts from the inside out, sending forth shrapnel and glass.[break][break]

before further damage can be done, gardevoirs spring forth from the sides. with their arms outstretched, PSYCHICs and REFLECTs contain the explosion, although the winds of force billow past everyone with a dramatic farewell.[break][break]

the scientists apologize to you instead. they knew of the risks. they reward you handsomely as compensation.[break][break][break]

MISSION COMPLETE
[break]
100 pokedollars and 5 infamy.
[break][break]

NOTES[break]
if you have any questions, let me know! enjoy! if you want, you can have your characters injured by the explosion or not. it's totally up to you![break][break]
&

[googlefont=Montserrat]