Laurence Anderson Avatar
Mission Details here

[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
s h i t

What kind of idiot thought it was a great idea to light fireworks aimed so dangerously low into the tree line?

Laurence had just gotten off from the little shrine-dwelling and had written his own simple wish on a little strip of paper and was about ready to return home to his little apartment down by Verdanturf when he heard the shouts. The screaming, the panicked cries and calls for help.

Oh, crap, what happened now? He thought as several of the shrine maidens had burst on the scene, pointing in another direction not too far from where everyone had gathered. “What, what is it,” he asked as he stopped one of the young ladies, all dressed up in their traditional outfit; now smudged and caked with soot.

“It’s on fire, it’s on fire! It’ll spread if we don’t stop it!” was all he got out of her before she’d run off, probably to ask for some more help from whoever was willing to lend the manpower. As he looked in the distance, he saw that there was a black plume of smoke rising not too far from the outskirts of Littleroot.

“Shit,” was all he had time to say, quickly heading in the direction where more and more of the ‘shrine maidens’ were running full-tilt away from the source of the flames. As he approached, the smoke grew thicker, the heat haze was definitely rising.

He thought he could hear voices shouting form help—from within the shrine that was on fire.

Oh, shit, he thought, quickly tossing two Pokéballs forward and watching as his Swampert and Metagross emerged from the beams of red light. “Sui, go and try putting out that fire! Ro, scout ahead and help anyone else you find.”

As the two Pokémon sprang into action, one question remained: would he be able to rescue the people that were trapped inside the burning shrine?

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a spark, a flame [ff]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2019 21:18:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","gabrielpost"]he doesn't consider himself a spiritual man, but he finds himself drawn to the cozy town's shrine. the people here are amiable, welcoming despite their small community. consequently, he's been almost wordless since his arrival here. which is very unlike the great orion. 

one might consider him humbled for the first time (though he'd deny the claim immediately). he kneels at the base of the shrine's steps, acutely aware of the few people shuffling around him. am i doing this right? he almost wants to flip his scarf back over his shoulder--to cover the growing redness at the base of his neck--and waltz back to his waiting car. 

but while he has his head stooped, while he is attempting to think selfless thoughts, he hears a crackle. bright eyes snap open and he yelps as the hiss of a firework races past him. the pop and explosion that follow up from the inside send him stumbling down the steps. 

he gathers himself shakily, fingers pressed to his head from where he'd collided into the ground. he mumbles a few choice words under his breath, which turns into panic when he sees the very light streaks of red on his fingertips when he pulls his hand away. 

i have a photo shoot tomorrow

fuck, fuck, fuck. his ears are ringing, but the tenor subsides and gets replaced with more hisses and pops. more renegade fireworks burst in the middle of the temple. the crackle of fire follows soon after and elias realizes in horror that within the motley of sounds, he can barely make out the hoarse cries for help within the temple itself. 

he stumbles back, coughing as smoke pours down the steps. and he ends up bumping right into a blond-haired man with a strong, rectangular face. he blinks owlishly up at him, fingers instinctively digging into the man's coat. 

"th-there's people in there!" he exclaims and then babbles, "oh, why does this keep happening to me? ever since agreeing to this ridiculous contract, i've had things like this following me everywhere. and now this is supposed to be my responsibility? my jurisdiction? ambrosia doesn't even listen to me."

[newclass=.gabrielpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabrielpost i]color:#D4AF37;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabrielpost b]color:#D4AF37;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,772 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
a spark, a flame [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 15:08:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
welp time for Lars to take charge

“If you can help me keep the fires contained, at least, then you’d be able to help,” he began, watching as the other tried to suppress their panic. “Do you have a Water-type?” he inquired, hoping that the answer would be at least in the affirmative.

The flames grew in size and began to spread—with the shrine being made mostly of wood; and who knew what else paper materials were in there—the flames had to be stopped; otherwise the shrine itself would be lost. And if it was true that there were people still inside…

“Whatever the answer is, if you do have any Pokémon, I’d appreciate the help,” he added a few moments later, reaching into his jacket pocket and pulling out two Pokéballs. He knew that Zeis would be more of a liability due to his dual-typing being ridiculously weak to Fire; and that Thor could potentially cause more trouble than help…

Flicking his wrist forward, he backed away as his Swampert and Metagross made their respective appearances from the flashes of red light. A second flick forward also summoned his Lucario as well.

“Sui, help me out here. Aim your Hydro Pump at the flames as best as you can,” he stated, beginning to issue orders to his companions. The first dual-type nodded, rushing forward before taking a stance and inhaling deeply—and a powerful burst of water erupted from his maw, an attempt at dousing the fire.

“Ro, if you see any sparks flying away from the area, contain it with your Telekinesis and have Sui put them out,” he continued to his Metagross, who then stamped one of its four feet down in acknowledgement.

“Alpha, you’re with me, we’re going in,” he said to the Lucario—who’d already cast out its auric abilities and had confirmed that there were people still inside.

He then turned toward the other, and hoping that they were still listening, added, “If you see anyone else coming out of there, tend to their injuries,” before squaring his shoulders and heading directly toward the burning shrine.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
a spark, a flame [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 5:37:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","gabrielpost"]his babbling is like water and it parts around this man as if he's a rock. calm words shut him down immediately and all he can do is nod and shake his head solemnly in answer to the man's questions.

at least someone here is capable.

he withdraws his phone, and by extension ambrosia's diamond studded luxury ball, and releases the bat pokemon. ambrosia flares his wings as he emerges, head tilting to the side in a coy pose. half a beat later, he realizes that elias is not calling him out for the photo shoot they have scheduled in just a few short hours. 

his first reaction is to wheel around and glare at his trainer, but he stops the urge when he senses the dangers around him. smoke rises from the shrine before them and the smell of gunpowder stings his nose. he looks to elias for advice first, and then decisively turns his attention to the other league member who's calling the shots. 

tend to the wounded.

"i can do that," elias replies weakly "ambrosia can...whirlwind? the fire?"

[newclass=.gabrielpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabrielpost i]color:#D4AF37;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gabrielpost b]color:#D4AF37;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,772 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
a spark, a flame [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 18:41:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
incoming Lucario with a shrine maiden and a passed-out Eevee for you, Lars going in deeper into the shrine to search for more people!

The Metagross looked over at the Noivern, and let out a grating noise, calling its attention. Pointing with one of its four bulky arms, he then gestured towards one of the spots still aflame, continuing in Pokéspeak to basically send the fire towards him, where he’d take care of it by using Telekinesis to catch the flame and send it afloat—before chucking it over to where the Swampert was, currently putting out the more manageable licking flames that were threatening to touch the greenery that was growing close to the structure.

Over where Laurence had charged ahead accompanied by Alpha, the two had ducked down through the doorway and were now inside the structure, trying hard not to inhale the smoke that was spreading. Catching sight of flames here and there, the Lucario quickly diverted his companion from going too far, pointing up ahead through the thick cloud of smoke, before ducking down to the floor and gesturing for him to do the same.

Shit, the smoke’s too thick… he thought as he quickly followed the Lucario’s action, crawling down along the floor as more and more smoke poured out. The cries and shouts for help grew louder the closer they got, and before he could touch the door, the Lucario took a breath and stood up, using a Force Palm at the wooden door. Shuddering for a few moments, the Pokémon repeated the action, before finally managing to bust it open—and then a sudden fwooshing noise caught the Lucario by surprise as flames leapt out of the room and attempted to swallow the Pokémon.

“Alpha!” he shouted from the floor, watching as the jackal quickly ducked and the flames passed overhead, torching the rest of the old wooden structure and setting it aflame. “Shit, are you okay?” he called out—before hearing the cries of help coming from within the room that was on fire.

“I’m coming!” he managed to shout, taking a breath himself before forcing himself up and plunging right into the burning room, looking around. Fallen timbers, shattered braziers, and behind a corner—one of the youner shrine maidens, crouched by what appeared to be a passed-out Eevee.

“Please, help!” he heard the faint voice crying out, hoping that someone, anyone, would come save her. “I can’t leave her!” she continued, picking up the unconscious Eevee and cradling it close to her.

“Don’t—don’t talk too much, the smoke—“ he called out, barely jumping out of the way as a wall collapsed dangerously close to where he and his Lucario were headed. “Alpha—take her out of here, smash your way through a wall if you have to—“ he coughed out, waving away some of the smoke.

“Please help my sister, she’s still inside along with the shrine elder!” she cried as the Lucario then took the girl and her Pokémon into its hold before looking at his human companion. Was he insane?!

“Alpha—go, I’ll be fine, I have Thorjust go! he urged, shushing the Pokémon out towards where he knew the other human was waiting. Once the two had disappeared, he then looked around, spotting another opening and hastily making his way toward it, covering the bottom half of his face with his arm as he did so to minimize having to inhale so much smoke.