awards
2,587 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
driven [research]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2019 20:09:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she has been here before. one of the first memories of sootopolis, back when it was still a variable, something she desperately wanted to--but never imagined that she could--call a home. she walks the steps she walked numerous times as an adolescent; she hears her father's voice echo in her ears as she retells herself the stories he'd passed down to her all those years ago. 

she's grateful for the memories, for the warmth they bring. these hallowed halls, covered with etchings and stories of the dragons of old, call to her blood in a way she can't explain. even moxie, a distant relative to the original dragons, feels a pull as she stares with bright yellow eyes at the cave's hieroglyphs. 

aeris slithers on the ground behind her, scales shimmering in the pale light emanating from the cave's dwindling torches. 

"when we approach the apex, light all the braziers," she murmurs, knowing without looking back that aeris will do as she says. 

her boots crunch over loose rock. dust spurs from her heels, a sign that these paths are not frequently trodden. her father's been too busy to keep up with the local tours of the city's history. it's too bad, but she can't help but feel grateful that she'll have time to reflect by herself. 

there's a desperation in her eyes that gives away her true purpose for being here. all the warm memories in the world can't make up for the chilled burden that weighs down in her heart. rocket's recent invasion of slateport has proven a strong blow to the league. they've been driven out of the port city, have suffered losses by being cut off to the main city's export and import trade, and haven't been able to answer the pleas to a majority of slateport's citizens. many have fled, but others aren't fortunate enough to have the opportunity, and many more refuse to leave their ancestral homes.

they need help. not only are they mistrusted by the public; their commissioner is still missing. if we can't bring about change as we are, then it's time for new tactics.

from her father, she learned unwavering trust in the league's ideals, but her heart and her gut tell her that change won't happen within the confines of the law. their enemy will always have the advantage because they are not bound by policy. 

aeris slithers around her, cloud-like wings stretching from her head as she twists upward into the air. she coasts along the edge, puffing draconic fire to light up the cave.

sootopolis, the rune city, is one that breathes history. frey has heard tale of the legendary kyogre and groudon, that their origins may be found here. though something else has been nagging her. she swore to herself the next time she visited her home city, she would make this trek.

so here she stands, looking out at the glimmering pool of water below her. the surface is placid, though the dancing flames make it appear as though it ripples with an undercurrent. 

latios and latias are dragons fabled to have come from hoenn. they are more often than not, seen as lesser legendaries, especially in the face of the aforementioned. but perhaps, frey hopes with a sense of doubt, it will make them more accessible.

aeris glides back down to frey and cocks her head. the dragon tamer motions with her hand and aeris exposes her back, allowing frey to mount her. lyune is her usual mount, especially when the pair ride into battle, but she needs aeris' lithe form so that she may examine the markings along the wall.

"please," she murmurs as aeris stretches her wings again, body twisting, "let us find something useful."

notes //
> walking down the cave of origin
> looking at old carvings in an attempt to find some hint of the whereabouts of latios/latias
> knows the cave is mostly dedicated to kyogre/groudon but is hoping with sootopolis' general history that events including the eon duo would have been recorded

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,646 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
driven [research]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2019 6:44:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A PHANTOM VIEW

[attr="class","ipad"]MYTHS IN THE WALLS[break][break]
atop of dragonair's slim form, freya continues to decipher the cave art. the classic retellings of groudon and kyogre's conflict mark the majority of the cave walls. the heavens, stars, the wider universe are depicted too, filling the upper extremities with beautiful symbolic engravings. tentacled beings, a serpentine dragon, and more are featured in this historical canvas of the cave.[break][break]

it takes quite some time, but under the light of the faithful braziers, she sees a depiction of two smaller dragons. it's unmistakable. they must be representations of the eon duo, and yet... healthy skepticism resonate upon each examination.[break][break]

nevertheless, the cave art shows the dragons as participating in a conflict against some foreign intrusion symbolized by a circular carving. whether it is a pokemon or some other symbol... it's hard to tell.[break][break]

following the art closely reveals that the dragons have perished in their valiant defense. their fallen bodies gradually transform into orbs which shoot from the sky downward into two unknown locations. one seems to be an island. another, a mountain. and yet, upon closer inspection, freya would realize these geographical bodies are not mapped anywhere... one seems curiously close to pacifidlog town, however.[break][break]

what will you do?
[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
repost in the research thread after you have posted!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,587 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
driven [research]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 18:46:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]they fell. 

it's a grounding moment, realizing that a god can die. and she stays stuck in that moment, atop aeris' form, the dragon wriggling underneath her, not understanding the faraway look in freya's eyes, the hopelessness brimming at their corners. 

she stays stuck there, reliving the tale as if it had happened in front of her, even as she orders aeris exits the cave. even as she makes arrangements to visit pacifidlog. the ocean rumbles beneath her, waves arching as if to drag the trainer and her dragon below the surface. 

moxie is a comforting presence on her shoulder, the only thing buoying her, but as she makes progress, as she moves forward, she crawls away from the shock. confidence returns to her stride when she dismounts, when locals approach her with awe, with respect. children ask if they can pet her dragon; town leaders ask about the front on slateport. 

she takes her time, belaying rumors, protecting the face of the league, running errands for the townsfolk she remembers. and for a moment, she's brought back to a simpler time when this was her job--when she wasn't worried about political struggles or tactical deployments or juggling a million and one things with just her own two hands. she is on the ground and she is making a difference. 

and as morning turns to late afternoon and the salt spray has clung to her hair, sun reddening her fair skin, she retires to a tea shop where a local says she will find the answers she seeks. 

an elder sits on a pillowed cushion, eyes half closed. his grandson chats with him as he prepares orders, and the two look so peaceful she almost has half a mind to turn back around. only, the younger man lifts his head as the bell above the door finishes chiming. 

"councilwoman morningstar! what a pleasure. it's been some time now." 

he apologizes for forgetting her tea order, to which she waves off--after all, she'd only been stationed here for several months over two years ago. and yet, as she's speaking, the elder man clears his throat. "dragon fruit tea with pomegranate seeds and cloves, seina."

he winks at her. "now come, miss freya. you know i would never forget." 

she turns then, raising her eyes. her voice is low when she speaks, "and that's exactly why i've come. i need you to tell me about some of pacifidlog's history. stories, fables...." she searches for the right words. "anything that might mention a powerful orb?"

notes //
> goes to pacifidlog and asks an elder abt old stories/fables

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,646 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
driven [research]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 7:51:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A PHANTOM VIEW

[attr="class","ipad"]MYTHS IN THE MIRAGE[break][break]
the elder takes some to muse upon her question. finally, memory takes him.[break][break]

he speaks fondly of the story freya deciphered from the cave art. two dragons, metamorphosed into stones of soul, dispersed in two directions after a dramatic defense against an ancient threat.[break][break]

with a croak, the elder continues, "pacifidlog's residents have always spoken of the story fondly... we believe the island the stone has fallen to is this." he points at a painting on the wall. it's a terrible painting. in fact, it's blurred. like a mirage. perhaps, due to water damage and the salty air of the sea.[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

"i sincerely apologize for the state of this painting... we live on the bloody ocean, after all." the elder rubs his back before pulling out a tome from his dusty wooden drawers. "we have a compendium of nearby islands and their approximate locations... but there are hundreds. you may peruse them if you wish... as i imagine you are interested in seeking it out, councilwoman morningstar?"[break][break]

it may take awhile, but freya eventually narrows the islands down to three possibilities:[break][break]

[break][break]

what will you do?
[break][break]

[break][break]

INSTRUCTIONS:
[break]
select which choice best fits the painting and roleplay freya traversing to the island with one roll.[break][break]

[break]
repost in the research thread after you have posted!

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,587 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
driven [research]
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2019 16:02:53 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her research lost its priority. the conversation she'd had with pacifidlog's elder was nearly two months ago at this point. she'd become busy with her council duties, had written off her quest as a silly fantasy. chasing legendary dragons, gods of old, when there were real problems plaguing the region?

and then mossdeep happened.

she's just outside the armory of the dragons' den, pouring over an enlarged photograph of the painting. dozens of other sheets of paper litter the rest of her workspace. her cousin emerges from the armory with another steaming pot of coffee, a small bagon following at her heels.

"thank you," she says and then goes back to her work. offhandedly, she asks, "how are the modifications to his armor?"

"very well. he should be ready to go within the next half hour or so. have you narrowed it down at all?"

she nods, points towards a secluded section of photos containing three images, side by side. willow asks something else, but freya's lost interest, too engrossed in what's in front of her. she places her palms on either side of the photos, stares down at them without really seeing them.

her vision blurs. bodies litter the streets of mossdeep. that's what she remembers most. in flashes, she sees twisted legs, shredded torsos, things that were once human, obliterated beyond recognition. pokemon turned inside out, smothered by buildings, flattened by the enormous paws of the beast.

she shudders, breath hitching. we can't do this alone.

what a fool she was to give up on this so easily. i could have made a difference. and she's stuck wallowing, stuck shoving back tears, stuffing those images in a too-full box that bursts open on the daily, when she sees it.

vision askew, half-sight, she gasps, lunges forward and grabs for the photo.

her gut wrenches. what if i'm wrong? but she can't think about that now, can't think about the implications. she rides this high, folds the paper and shoves it in her pocket. 

lyune is waiting for her. silver and blue armor adorns him. a helm protects his head, though his fins slide out from under it as she approaches. his soft sides are protected now; thick white scales already cover his belly so that remains unencumbered. he stands proudly as she surveys him. 

at his left and right flank two more salamence, both outfitted in similar armor. ori's is modified for speed; fewer and smaller pieces protect his hide, while meru's is thicker, even more so than lyune's. her helm houses horns, and spikes just out from her sides. 

she reaches for lyune and he dips his neck just as she hoists herself up by his shoulder blade. she nestles neatly into the saddle, foot finding the mechanism that stabilizes his crippled wing. 

her dragons rise. 

water rushes beneath them as sootopolis disappears behind. they fly in a tight formation. freya watches ori and meru, and when the bulky female begins to struggle against the weight of her armor, freya returns her, taking mental note how long she'd been able to keep up. ori slows nearly half an hour later and freya returns him too, fitting both their balls neatly back into her circlet, murmuring her thanks. 

aeris and sypha twist beside lyune now, and freya is grateful for their company. her closest companions will help plead her case. if this isn't all for naught. 

islands pass below her and freya prays to whatever being will listen. and as they near the island that resembles her photograph, she finds herself leaning into lyune, running her fingers over his scales, seeking a small amount of comfort as he lands. 

pZIBowc2
x x x