2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2019 2:00:09 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait peered out at lavaridge 'park', the tiny section of land possessing only several pieces of playground equipment that appeared a bit rusted and worn with age. 

'it's a miracle that the swing set's still operational.' 

the girl frowned at the slide that was covered in a thin film of dust that betrayed its lack of use. remnants of what appeared to be webbing also covered sizable portions of the aipom bars, and cait speculated that the local spinarak were at fault for this. 

"i'm definitely not touching that," she huffed. 

her gaze swiveled toward the benches that appeared to be in decent enough condition, the wood slightly chipped but the overall material solid enough to manage her weight.

'doesn't look comfortable - but it works.' 

she'd take a seat and force herself into a relaxed position, her legs crossing over themselves as she patiently awaited stormy's presence. cait had arranged this meeting between them only several days prior, and was looking forward to encountering the young woman again.

'she should be here in a few minutes. 

the sergeant reached into her purse, ensuring that the ranger's gift was still safely tucked away within its cushioned confines. 

'i hope she likes her. i really do.'

cait sucked in a breath and sought to calm her nerves before stormy made her appearance.   

https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2019 6:40:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

Cait had been elusive the last couple of days, acting a little bit distant. Stormy had been stressed out of her wits, worried sick that she had hurt her feelings somehow, or made it seem like she wasn't fond of her company.

Was it the mansion? Was she secretly, deep down, actually upset that she had dragged her to it? Sure, it had been spooky, but Stormy had thought of it as fun. Really fun, actually.. oh man, she probably hadn't even noticed how scared Cait was, had brushed it off like it was nothing.

Stress sweat began to bead on her forehead as she checked through the brief, quipped messages Cait had been sending the past couple of days, looking for some sort of hint as to what may have happened, what she may have done wrong.

What scares her more is the fact she finds nothing. All she sees, from her perspective, is Cait's 'reluctant' request to meet with her at the park in Lavaridge town.

For once in her life, Stormy wasn't going to be late. Cait was her best friend in all of Hoenn and her rock. She was the one thing that made Stormy feel like she had a purpose.

The woman takes a deep breath as she approaches the Aipom bars. She's in the middle of quickly giving her pits a sniff to make sure she doesn't reek of stress, and walks directly into the mass of Spinarak webs. It clings to her hair and pulls.

"Ow, what the hell? Let go!"

She glances up from her mane of thick brown hair, now snarled in sticky webs, to see Cait sitting quietly all by herself not too far ahead.

Great, now she had completely embarrassed herself too.
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2019 6:56:39 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait guffawed - but she couldn't help it. the moment she had raised her gaze she had caught sight of stormy with her hair ensnared in a sizable clump of web. she had been caught off guard by the pure ridiculousness of it, her laughter spilling forth immediately after. 

"oh, gods. sto - hah - stormy!"

she stood and tittered softly as she hurried to tend to the entangled ranger. 

"poor thing. c'mere. i'll take care of you."

she crooned softly, her voice lined with amusement as she began to pluck at the strings that stubbornly clung to the woman's mane. it required a bit of time and a fair amount of tugging, but stormy would eventually be freed from her entrapment.  

"there we go. all fixed," she said. 

cait smiled brilliantly as she rested her hands upon the woman's shoulders and gently guided her a safe distance from the aipom bars. she felt a rush of warmth as she preformed the action and soon after had pulled her into a hug. 

"i missed you."

in her effort to effectively prepare the woman's gift, she had little choice but to neglect her. cait had sent her the occasional message but even that hadn't been enough. 

"i - well - i got you something," she said. "um.

she hesitated briefly before reaching into her purse and presenting the luxury ball. 

"there's someone inside that really wants to meet you.

https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/87/Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 0:37:40 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
CLEOPATRA IS THE ONLY
ONE YOU LOVED

0000 words

Stormy was embarrassed, not only because she was caught in Spinarak webs that were tearing at her hair, but because now Cait was laughing at her. The heat in her cheeks burned angrily as she struggled by herself for the couple seconds it took Cait to rush over.

For some reason though, she relaxed a little bit when Cait spoke, her voice so soft and kind. Whatever irritation Stormy had felt from Cait laughing at her was evaporated, and now she was simply exhausted from fighting the trap she was in. Her arms hung loosely at her sides as she heaved a great sigh.

And, when she was finally free and Cait's hands were resting warmly on her shoulders, she leaned into her friends touch a little bit, maybe even resting her head on Cait's shoulder.

Stormy accepted the woman's hug gratefully, squeezing her tight against her body.

"I missed you too, I'm so glad you're not upset with me. I was worried I said something that you didn't like.. wait what?"

The pair broke apart, and Stormy looked at Cait blankly, her mouth agape a little bit in surprise.

"Y-you got me something? Why? That's so nice of you but-"

She's interrupted by Cait reaching into her bag to retrieve a beautiful luxury ball. The black sheen catches the light, it's beautiful.

"What? Cait, no, you shouldn't have."

The woman slowly reaches out to take the pokeball from her should Cait be encouraging her to really, truly take it.
deltra of gangnam style
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 11:41:09 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait patiently awaited stormy's acceptance of the item. and once it was secured with her grasp, she'd dip her head in acknowledgement to woman's words. 

"she wouldn't have been able to fit much at all on my team, anyway," she replied. "but i'm certain she'd be an absolutely perfect addition to yours."

the sergeant gently prodded at the capsule's release mechanism, the containment device popping open the moment she did. a bright light immediately escaped from its interior, shot toward the ground and molded itself into the shape of stormy's gift.

"char."

a charmeleon was revealed as the energy surrounding her dispersed, her eyes blinking and adjusting to the light of day as her gaze swiveled to and fro before settling upon stormy and cait. the fire-type appeared to recognize the latter of the two, and greeted her with a low rumble. 

"stormy," cait said. "this is charmeleon. she's yours."

the pokemon blinked and soon focused upon the  senior ranger. a large red bow encircled the fire-type's neck, the medium-sized lizard appearing to have been groomed prior to this encounter. cait had, after all, invested a fair in ensuring her gift to stormy had been primly dressed. 

"charmeleon, this is stormy. you'll be traveling with her from now on."

once the introductions were out of the way, cait retreated several steps to observe the pair interact further. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/5.png

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 21:08:46 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]
[attr="class","frphoetops"]
[attr="class","frphoeimgs"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics"]

HIGHER AND HIGHER[break]YOU CHASE IT

IT'S DEEP IN YOUR BLOOD, GO AND TAKE IT

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotess"]
[attr="class","frphoenotess2"]

some notes can go heeeeeeeere. it'll scroll if you write enough, which - future me - you will inevitably do because you have no idea how to shut up. ouo

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs2"]

[attr="class","frphoeposts1"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts2"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts3"]

Stormy holds the pokeball in her hands, feeling still and awkward in that moment. She doesn't know what to do, what to say. She hadn't given Cait anything, was this some sort of special occasion that she had missed entirely?[break][break]

She looks up as Cait presses the opening mechanism. There's a soft gasp that escapes the woman's lips, and her eyes water with emotion.[break][break]

"Oh gods, Cait. This.. this is too much. Where on earth did you find her?"[break][break]

For the first time in a while she's losing the hard exterior she's built up around herself. The walls crumble away and the raw, real Stormy stands in her place. [break][break]

She's crying, fat tears spilling off of her cheeks, dropping to the ground.[break][break]

Standing before her is the most beautiful Charmeleon she's ever seen. Her thoughts blink back to her encounter with Fernando's Charizard; her heart [break][break]

"I wasn't sure Hoenn would have any Kanto Pokemon. I'm so happy, this is the best gift I could ever receive."[break][break]

Her hands are shaking with surprise and joy, and she falls to her knees as she gets down to eye-level with the chameleon. [break][break]

It's facing Cait at first, murmuring in greeting. Stormy notices the pretty boy tied to her neck, and she hastily wipes away a tear, laughing a little bit, even though her voice is choked with emotion.[break][break]

"She's so beautiful, I can't believe it. I honestly never thought I'd seen another one of these guys again."[break][break]

While Cait introduces the Charmeleon to Stormy, the young woman reaches out a hand to the beast, her eyes kind, her hands open in a display of affection.[break][break]

"Come here, baby. Let me take a look at you."[break][break]

The lizard approaches slowly, as if a little bit unsure. She knows Cait, trusts her, but Stormy is a completely new being. She turns back nervously to make sure Cait is serious.[break][break]

"Char?"[break][break]

Stormy isn't bothered by this, even she would be nervous if suddenly she changed hands. She's gone through that before, herself.[break][break]

"It's okay, I'm friendly."[break][break]

The Charmeleon closes the distance eventually, and leans into Stormy's affectionate strokes. Eventually, Stormy stood back up, wiping away fresh tears that just seem to keep leaking even though she'd stopped making noise.[break][break]

"Cait-"[break][break]

Her voice breaks a little bit as she says this as she briskly makes her way back up to her to embrace her in a tight hug. Her face nuzzles into the woman's neck, and she doesn't let go.[break][break]

"You mean everything to me. Thank you so much."[break][break]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics3"]

WELCOME TO THE WAR WE'VE ONLY BEGUN, SO PICK UP YOUR WEAPON AND FACE IT

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1 b]10px Roboto;color:#dea02c[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 21:32:46 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
'you mean everything to me.'

that singular admittance played over and over again within the confines of the young woman's skull. it had caught her off-guard, and she froze in place even as she felt stormy's warm breath upon her flesh and the tickling sensation of her tears. the green-eyed woman sucked in a mouthful of air as she attempted to mentally anchor herself, the senior's natural signature flooding her senses. 

"stormy," she breathed. 

instead of immediately returning the embrace she pulled away and placed a gentle hand upon the woman's shoulder. 

"i -

cait reached up and tenderly wiped at the woman's face, attempting to rid it of the tears that had left moist trails in their wake. it was a tender gesture - one which betrayed  her feelings for the woman before her. the sergeant's eyes were revealed to be slightly moist with her own tears that had yet to be shed, her grin infused with her affection.

"you're beautiful.

she had always found stormy attractive. when she was angry - when she was frustrated - when she was determined - all of it was magnificent to bear witness to. and cait had very quickly discovered just how drawn she was to the aspiring ranger; for it had served as the primary reason for why she had contacted her so frequently after their initial encounter. 

"and you... well, you mean everything to me, too."

the girl leaned in and moved to press a gentle and chaste kiss upon the woman's cheek. immediately after she returned her embrace, her smile positively radiant as she gently squeezed the senior ranger to herself.

'i want to say so much more right now,' she thought. 

but she hesitated and feared potentially ruining the moment by admitting how she truly felt.

'this is good enough. for now.' 

"s-so," she began. 

the embrace came to its natural conclusion, and she'd wipe at her own eyes before continuing to speak.

'thank the gods for the invention of water-proof makeup.' 

"got any names in mind for her?"  

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 23:25:30 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

some notes can go heeeeeeeere. it'll scroll if you write enough, which - future me - you will inevitably do because you have no idea how to shut up. ouo

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

There was a moment where Cait's attention made her heart swell with some unfamiliar feeling. She felt vulnerable for the first time in a long time, and she almost couldn't breathe. [break][break]

Cait brushed away her tears, her voice so soft when she spoke her name. Stormy blinked, surprised by both the kindness of her touch, but also that her friend was also crying. Tears made her eyes glisten, and Stormy laughed a little bit in spite of herself, before bringing her hand to her own face to finish brushing off the remainder of her tears.[break][break]

"Don't you start crying, too, Cait."[break][break]

She hesitated, however, when Cait told her she was beautiful. The words seemed to hold another meaning, one that Stormy couldn't grasp. Romantic feelings came naturally to her, bursting like a dam, even, when she encountered men. These warm feelings of affection were foreign to her in response to Cait, and she continued to pretend that they were just... innocent.[break][break]

"You're not so bad yourself." [break][break]

Her laugh was awkward but genuine. Cait's kiss on her cheek was startling but well-received. The woman blinked a couple times in surprise, a hint of a blush tickling her cheeks. [break][break]

The confusion melted away once Cait pulled her into the hug Stormy originally intended to instigate - and she found herself sighing in relief as the rest of her overwhelming emotions withered away into nothing. She was back to her normal, confident self.[break][break]

When the two pulled apart, Stormy was drawn once again by the sheer beauty of the Charmeleon. [break][break]

"I think she's more beautiful, though."[break][break]

The Charmeleon seemed to blush, averting her eyes and scuffing the ground with a foot. [break][break]

As for a name, Stormy was slightly at a loss. It occurred to her that she really hadn't named any of her Pokemon.[break][break]

"I.. I don't know. I'm not very good at names, and I chose my own."[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 1:51:51 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait waved dismissively. 

"
that's alright. i don't really name mine, either."

she was beyond thankful that stormy had graciously accepted her gift, her reaction to receiving  the charmeleon having been far more intense than what she had been initially expected; the memory very likely to be fondly looked upon by the pair in the distant future. 

"oh! give me a minute.

cait fished out her cellphone from her jean pocket before shooting stormy a hastily put-together text. 

"... i just sent you a list of the moves she knows," she said.

once the electronic was safely tucked back into her trousers she'd pull out a pokeball of her own. 

"wanna try her out in battle?"

the proposition was sudden - this much she'd be willing to admit - but she felt as though it made for an appropriate turn of events. despite their heavy involvement in both pokemon and one another, the two females had yet to indulge in a proper battle. and cait couldn't help but be a little bit curious of stormy's potential as a battler. 

"i swear it'll be fun, stormy! what do you say?"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2019 20:09:59 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

"I should name them though, they're all unique individuals... Hmm... I'll have to think about it."[break][break]

Stormy blinked, making a small noise in surprise as Cait requests a minute. The woman turns back to face her, watching closely as she fishes out her cellphone. A moment passes before her own vibrates, and she reveals it to see that Cait's texted her Charmeleon's move-set.[break][break]

"Oh, thank you!"[break][break]

Her next request is surprising though, and Stormy narrows her eyebrows a little bit as she thinks about the suggestion. [break][break]

"I don't really battle... but."[break][break]

Cait seemed passionate about this, however, her eyes sparkling with anticipation and excitement. This caused Stormy to shake her head in amusement. [break][break]

"It couldn't hurt, I suppose. But like I said, I'm not much of a battler. I'm not very good at it."[break][break]

The woman turned to her Charmeleon, who was busy picking at the grass at her feet and collecting wildflowers between her claws.[break][break]

"What do you say, Charmeleon? Wanna have some fun, as Cait said?"[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 9:06:42 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait cocked her head to the side in reaction to the admittance, a hint of surprise having flitted across her features. she had honestly expected that the senior ranger would be quite adept at the art of battle at this point. 

'i appreciate her honesty, though.'

her lips spread into a smile, the green-eyed sergeant conveying a look of understanding. 

"that's alright," she said. "i'm a bit new at it myself."

presently, cait held a decent amount of experience - enough to begin creeping into 'intermediate' territory, at least. her pokemon had grown stronger by a significant margin as a direct result of their tri-weekly training - a majority of their strength acquired through battle and a combination of physical and mental exercise. 

"let's start, then. i'll make some distance between us so we'll have enough room to work with. look over those moves i sent you, alright?

once she was properly positioned, cait silently mulled over who she would decide upon. 

'charmeleon's a bit young - so i don't want to make it too difficult for her. maybe i'll go with a slower choice. something she can easily maneuver around?'

her venusaur was ushered out moments later, the pokemon releasing a low and rumbling grunt once the light that had formerly surrounded her dispersed. 

"this is venusaur," cait introduced. "she'll be your opponent for today.

the girl gestured with a look of encouragement, indicating that stormy was allowed to make the first move.  

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/3.png

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 23:26:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

Cait, new at anything? Stormy was surprised to hear this, and it probably reflected in her wide-eyed reaction.[break][break]

Stormy had always had the utmost faith in the woman. She was cool, confident, and highly intelligent. She had only assumed that she would also be incredible at battling.[break][break]

Her own Pokemon had grown stronger simply due to her endless affection and support. The beasts had walked into literal flames to assist her in any task, but they really hadn't formally battled against another.[break][break]

Stormy nods, feeling the rise of adrenaline and nerves in her finger tips. She's also scared, because she knows that Cait's specialty leans towards grass-type Pokemon.[break][break]

She doesn't want to injure her or her friends.[break][break]

"Ahh.. yes, okay."[break][break]

There's the slightest tremble of worry in her voice as she quickly scans over Charmeleon's moves. The curious lizard glances up at her new trainer, sensing her anxiety. She makes a low rumbling noise reflecting her own surfacing worries.[break][break]

"It's okay! We won't go too hard. Cait's a friend, we don't want to hurt her."[break][break]

Stormy looks up just as Cait releases an incredible and healthy-looking Venusaur. The woman's eyes glow in awe, the leafy greens on the giant frog bright and lively.[break][break]

"Are you sure about this, Cait? I really don't want to hurt you. Fire is really unpredictable even in the most controlled setting."[break][break]

She then decided on the spot that she wouldn't order any fire-based attacks. Her thoughts flashed back to her experience trying to control a forest fire that caught a nearby shrine aflame. They hadn't been able to control the flames even then.[break][break]

Stormy gestures to the Charmeleon to step forward.[break][break]

"Go for it, give it your best shot. Use slash."[break][break]

The Charmeleon nods, taking a deep breath to steady herself. She then charges at the Venusaur, her eyes narrowed in determination as she widens her claws for attack.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 23:57:47 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"we'll be fine, stormy," she assured. 

'she's worried about us,' cait thought.

stormy's concern was warranted; the senior ranger possessing a good amount of knowledge about the breed of pokemon her officer counterpart raised. but cait felt as though it was necessary for her companions to familiarize themselves with fire, ice, flying and rock. despite their weakness to such forces of nature, it wasn't impossible for the lot of them to conquer them in good time. 

"take it, venusaur," she instructed.

her grass-type obediently hunkered down, her head bowed as her large eyes remained fixed on the quickly approaching fire-type. pointed claws sliced into the flesh that rested just above her nostrils, which flared in response to the pain that originated from the wound.

"saur," she rumbled.  

"that's my girl.

cait appeared pleased by the grass-type's obedience, a twinkle in her eye before she uttered her next command. 

"now - take down!"

taking advantage of their close proximity to one another, the  hefty pokemon reared upon her strong back legs. it appeared as though the grass-type had every intention of bearing a good amount of weight down upon the charmeleon if she proved successful. 

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 1:39:43 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

There's genuine shock in Stormy's gaze when Charmeleon's claws score the soft skin of the Venusaur. It opens wounds on his nose, something she ultimately expected.. but hadn't really thought about.[break][break]

Cait's earlier attempt to reassure her is lost. Stormy only battles when it's absolutely necessary, dire even. She fights to survive, it's all she's ever really known.[break][break]

The trauma of Kanto resurfaces, and her face goes blank as she recalls the horrors. Pokemon fighting one other, destruction, fire, danger and pain.[break][break]

Charmeleon jumps backward after she lands her slash attack, looking a little bit satisfied with herself. However, she is caught off guard when the enormous grass-type begins to move. It seemed so slow that she hadn't expected it.. and she stands before the creature almost as if to educate herself.[break][break]

It's when it becomes blatantly apparent that the Venusaur is going to crush her that she blanks, mouth agape in horror. She takes a step back, raising her hands to shield her face.[break][break]

Stormy shakes her head, blinking back to reality and just in time to witness Charmeleon's fate.[break][break]

"C-Charmeleon! Scary face, and get out of there!"[break][break]

The fire lizard seems to snap out of her own moment of uncertainty long enough to put on a scary face, her eyes glowing with some sort of scary menacing glare as she attempts to startle the Venusaur into.. not crushing her.[break][break]

Should it work, Charmeleon will scramble away in an attempt to save herself.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
a gift . [ stormy ]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 12:41:49 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the venusaur  backpedaled awkwardly upon her paws before returning to all fours with a grunt. a nervous look was fixed upon her face as she eyed the scrambling charmeleon, the scary face proving effective. still, the grass-type was granted the opportunity to retaliated, the sloppiness present within the fire-type's movements obvious to both venusaur and her mistress. 

"stop, girl."

cait raised her hand and her pokemon would heed her order, the creature's head dipping as she acknowledged the woman's command before retreating several steps. 

"stormy."

the girl crossed the battlefield and patted her venusaur as she passed her. there was a look of concern upon her face as she reached out, her fingers moving to gingerly run themselves through the brunette's mane. it was an action done without  much thought, though she proved willing enough to admit to herself that that innate desire to touch the woman in anyway possible had played a part.

"are you okay?"

she had glimpsed something within the senior ranger's expression only a few moments ago that had discouraged her from continuing onward with the battle. 

"is something wrong?"