POSTED ON Jan 30, 2019 15:44:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Mission Details here

[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
he jumped right into the fray! the fire is on the outskirts of the city, close to the forest.

He’d already wandered past Oldale and had just arrived in Petalburg when he thought he could smell something.

Wait, that smells like… he thought, his head turning around and following the black cloud that seemingly leaked from somewhere near the little city’s outskirts. Oh, you’ve got to be…! He added a few moments later, hoping that he wasn’t going to be too late as he ducked into the nearby Pokémon Center and quickly pulled two Pokéballs out from the sling his right arm rested in and quickly switching it out for a certain one as well as another that he would rather keep an eye on in these trying times.

Little one, I hope you can help me, he thought frantically as he grabbed the Dive Ball that had the little sleeping Phione before quickly dashing over to the Nurse Joy and handing over his team of six, saying, “Quick, I think there’s a fire somewhere and I’m going to help put it out! Heal them up, please! and waiting anxiously as the six Pokéballs were run through the machine, before being rolled back his way.

“Thanks, and sorry for the short notice!” he apologized once he’d scooped them all up in one go and dropped them all in the sling, before making a mad dash toward the door—just in time for someone to rush in, soot all over their face, shouting something about a nearby shrine on fire—with people still inside!

“I’m on it!” he said to the worried passer-by, running out of the Center and heading full-tilt towards the city’s outskirts. Where the hell was Francie in these trying times…

As he got closer to where the black plume of smoke was rising, there were more and more people fleeing the scene, shouting for help—or for water, whichever was first. The immediate danger here was that they were close to the Petalburg Woods, and if the fire wasn’t stopped quickly, it could spread to the nearby forested area and cause much bigger problems.

“Cherre, help me!” he shouted, plucking one of the two Dive Balls he had on him and sending his Squirtle out, watching as the turtle landed from the flash of red light. “Douse everything with as much water as you can, stop the fire from spreading out beyond where it is!”

The Squirtle nodded, before inhaling and releasing a powerful blast of water—a Hydro Pump attack—a few moments later.

[newclass=".alex"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
flower of fire [ff]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 0:28:10 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she and lyune had been practicing aerial maneuvers, testing the fluidity of their movements as the dragon rose and fall through the air in a writhing rollercoaster. and so her heart had been beating fast, breath coming in giddy gasps, when she saw it.

as soon as it registers what it is, she digs her heels in lyune's sides, knees bending as she leans forward. the dragon's wings tuck immediately and he rockets downward. the smoke billows up to greet them and her eyes instantly water, but she pulls a pair of flying goggles over her eyes and tucks her scarf under her nose. 

her pokemon are meant for destruction, for razing the battlefield and leaving the enemy charred and helpless. her newly gifted dragonair is still processing her change of ownership, and freya hasn't had time to train her well enough to keep her on her team. she's meant to be the ice to aeris' thunder, the water to her flame, the symbiotic rebirth to her foremost partner's destruction. and yet all she has at her disposal are flint and steel and a will to do everything she can.

"we've dealt with fires when they get out of hand," she says, voice already rasped from the smoke. lyune cuts through the smoky twister, pulling them away from the thick of it, and lands heavily on the ground by a trainer (the only one who seems to actually be doing something) commanding a rather powerful squirtle. 

it takes her a moment, but she recognizes the league member immediately. though they haven't had formal introductions, she's seen his name around the headquarters and has had the pleasure of reviewing some of his mission files. we're in luck he's here, and with a water type too. 

she nods towards alexei and then turns back to her salamence. "keep the flames contained. smother them from the air." the dragon leaps, gargantuan form wheeling to the other side of the shrine. he rears back and with a mighty growl, flaps his wings furiously, beating the flames back on one side and protecting a small collection of nearby homes.

she drops aeris' ball and the dragonair emerges, tail twitching as she registers anxiety-inducing situation. "aeris, you're going in with me. ivanov," she says, blue eyes hard, "get me an opening."  

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flower of fire [ff]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 15:41:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
And then he suddenly has a bout of chivalry...

The Squirtle was in the thick of things, blasting out torrent after torrent of water—but he knew that due to her rather small size, she would eventually run out of water and get exhausted. Backing up a little, he snatched out a recolored Heavy Ball—because he knew he’d definitely need the space for this one—and with a flick of his left hand tossed Marius’ Pokéball forward.

The larger form of his Lapras burst forward from the flash of red light, and with it, he pointed ahead with his left hand. “Help Cherre out with your Hydro Pump! She’s been at it for some time now!” he continued, watching as the Lapras took a deep breath before joining the Squirtle with the Hydro Pump assault, an attempt to contain the flames before they spread even further.

He almost missed the landing form of another—but recognized the Salamence for what it was. Watching it take off to fan the wind away from the forest, he let out a sigh of relief—before suddenly making a protesting noise at her proclamation.

“But—wait! It’s dangerous!” he began, his sudden sense of chivalry kicking in. “Will you—will you be okay going in there by yourself?!” he added a few moments later. “I—I can go to the shrine myself!” he offered.

But he had a feeling that his companion was going to stand their ground—and he had no choice but to summon the little one, so soon. “Cherre!” he called out, watching as the Squirtle looked up at him. “Go with her,” he asked the smaller Water-type. “I’ll stay out here with Marius, and…”

Reaching into his sling, he pulled out the second Dive Ball and touched it to his forehead for a few moments, before popping it to full size and popping it open. The red light that shot out of the depths of the Dive Ball transformed into the one he affectionately calls ‘the Little One’, otherwise known as the little baby Phione he’d found abandoned in the depths of Shoal Cave—and was now, in a technical sense, ‘his’.

“Zelle, can you… try your Rain Dance, please?” he asked the young one, who’d almost immediately gone for his face in a smothering shower of affection. “No, Zelle, not now… you can kiss me later. I need your help!” he continued, pointing out the flames to the smallest Water-type he now had with him, nestled in the crook of his left arm.

“Marius! Crank it up, keep the flames from spreading!” he said in the Lapras’ direction; while the little Phione raised its thumbless limbs to the skies before letting out a soft cry—and Alexei looked up to see that the skies just above the burning shrine were darkening before an almighty downpour began.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
flower of fire [ff]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 19:45:43 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she would have laughed if she weren't concentrating too hard. dangerous. of course it's dangerous! she wouldn't be here right now, wouldn't be in this job, if she wasn't afraid of a little danger. 

aeris floats beside her protectively, warily regarding the flames as freya prepares herself to go in. she zips up her jacket, tucks her hood against her back, pulls her clothes as tightly as she can to herself. and then she nods at alexei, grateful for the backup.

the squirtle is small, still young perhaps, but the hydro pump had proved its worth. despite the display, aeris' tail dances across its shell, a silent motherly touch that lets both trainers know that the dragon won't allow anything to happen to it. 

her eyes widen when ivanov calls something out of one of his pokeballs. she feels as though she knows the pokemon somewhere, even if she knows that it's not something from the national dex. where have i seen it before? 

but there isn't time for that. when the blue creature gives them cover with rain dance, dampening the wooden steps into the shrine, freya takes off. aeris flies low to the ground at her heels. she takes the stairs two at a time and braces her shoulder, twisting sideways to break through the smoldering wood doors of the shrine.

aeris slip-slides in front of her, taking a brunt of the flames as they belch from the sudden influx of oxygen. freya winces and points forward towards a couple of lumbering shapes. two small children sit crouched at the far end of the wall, skin glowing red in the firelight. she can't tell how badly they're wounded. 

"aeris," she coughs out, but the dragonair is already on the move, coiling around the children and dragging them back towards the entrance. she looks back at freya. "take them to ivanov. we have to make sure there's no one left in here." 

when she disappears, freya looks down at the squirtle. "aim any water attacks at the floor. we don't know how unstable the structure is." as soon as she says that, she hears the groaning noise of the shrine's foundations beginning to buckle. wood splinters and she barely dodges out of the way, hand clasped on the back of the squirtle's shell, as one of the banisters crashes to their left. 

there's a howling sound in front of them and she spots a pokemon writhing on the ground, smoldering beam crushing its leg, and a woman standing panicked over it.

//

the dragonair slithers back outside and races towards the other trainer. her tail twitches anxiously as she looks down at the human children, unsure of what to do. 

the crashing sound alarms her and she whips around, ears perked. she looks back at alexei and whines, unsure if she needs to stay and help him with the children or rush back in and rescue her trainer. 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flower of fire [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 18:09:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
it all goes to hell.

“Please be careful,” he said nervously as he watched the female with the Dragonair go straight into the fire, accompanied by his Squirtle Cherre. Turning his attention back to the Lapras, he nodded in the dual-type’s direction.

“Marius, keep the fires low, douse them as fast as you see them!” he continued, seeing some sparks suddenly erupting from the burning shrine. As the Hydro Pump barrage continued, he turned his attention to the little one now resting in his left arm.

“Yes, little one?” he asked the Phione, who was concentrating on the Rain Dance that was pouring around the area. Despite the fact that he was getting drenched, he paid it no mind—he’d be able to get back to Fortree much quicker once this was over… and possibly have a talk with the woman, if time permitted.

“Zelle, concentrate on the Rain Dance… can you make it rain over the shrine? Help Marius as best as you can, he continued softly, before hearing a little cooing noise of approval before said thumbless limbs flailed about and pointed right at the shrine, seemingly ‘bending’ the storm clouds to congregate over the burning structure. As soon as the concentrated rain moved over to where he’d directed it to, the Dragonair returned—but where was its owner?

He was about to ask when he saw that the Dragonair was accompanied by two young children, covered in soot and shaken from what had happened inside. Hearing the draconid’s whine before a crashing noise catches its attention, he points back at the shrine. “Go back and help her! Just… get them back out alive, Cherre’s with her, he said to the Dragonair, before looking over at the two young ones.

“Shh, don’t cry… it’s okay, you’re safe now. Who else is inside? he asked the two, popping a fourth Pokéball forward and sending out his Riolu; hoping that the Fighting-type’s auric abilities would be able to calm them down. “Are any of you hurt? Any injuries?”

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
flower of fire [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 0:41:29 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the squirtle is helpful in keeping the floorboards damp. the fire licks at the wood with sharp pops and hisses, but there's a small berth around them now. while she's no longer concerned about the fire spreading around her, the shrine's structural integrity and the smoke are now her most pressing issues. 

of which she tries to relay to the inconsolable woman in front of her. "he's all i have left. he's all i have left. i can't leave him. i can't." 

"okay," frey says, frustration leaking into the word. she coughs heavily into the crook of her arm and crouches down; fingers sear in pain as she presses them hard into the smoldering wood. embers patter around her and she grimaces, teeth clenching. 

the wood groans beneath her and her lungs are screaming and she suddenly can't see straight. i can't..

and then aeris is there, body wrapped around the wood, lifting it up, up, up. freya shoves a hand down and clamps her hand down hard on the downed pokemon's wrist. the riolu (she recognizes through the mist) feebly reaches for her and gathers itself to its feet. 

freya stumbles, world tilting on its axis. "th--he...door," she pants. it's ivanov's squirtle that clears a path for them. aeris steadies her and keeps a watchful eye on both woman and pokemon, but the pair are stronger now that they're together, and determined to get out of the shrine. 

and just as the building starts its creaking again, as the fire eats at all it can, the small group clear its threshold and make their way slowly down the front steps. another crack sounds behind them and the latter half of the building collapses; a cloud of smoke rises from the cinders. 

freya's legs give way beneath her and she sits heavily, head between her legs as she spits out soot and ash. "squirtle?" she asks raggedly, anxiety spiking when she can't immediately find it. but ivanov's water-type is just fine (worse for wear, but still fine) and making her way over to him and the other strange pokemon. 

lyune is there then, large draconic head nosing under her arms. he eyes her worriedly and his forked tongue flicks in and out as he tries to assess her damages. she drapes her arms over his snout and murmurs softly to him, promising that she's well, only winded. 

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flower of fire [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 15:31:17 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
checking up on everyone, are y'alls okay?

“She’s still inside!”

Those words caused him to freeze a few moments.

“She? Who do you mean?” Alexei asked the two, while the Riolu kept the two children company and helped them calm down with his reassuring aura. As the Fighting-type let out a yipping noise and attempted to ease their tension, the little Phione continued to concentrate on the rain pouring over the shrine—before everyone heard a low, groaning noise.

Several pairs of eyes looked back at the burning shrine, watching as the flames roared and crackled despite the downpour attempting to extinguish them. At the same time, the Lapras continued to douse the flames with Hydro Pump—and it was here he caught sight of the woman who’d gone inside, accompanied by another that was carrying an injured Pokémon.

“They’re okay!”

“Thank goodness, thank you for saving her!”

Before he could even blink and tell the two children to stay where he was, they shot out ahead of him and immediately crowded around the two women. Biting his lip, he made his way over accompanied by his own Riolu, while the Lapras was on fire control duty.

“Marius, continue to put out the fire,” he continued, leaving the Lapras to keep using Hydro Pump as needed; before approaching the little crowd of people. Clearing his throat, he began, “Shall… shall we move away from the ruins?” he suggested, offering to help the woman with the Salamence up. “We should stay clear of the smoke…”

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
flower of fire [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 21:36:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the rescued woman and her pokemon are clung to by her children. she tries to move towards freya, but both women lock eyes and share a solemn moment of thanks. freya sighs, which turns into another bout of coughing, and lyune raises his neck to keep her steady as she sags against him. the acrid taste of smoke is still all around her, and it's a blessing when ivanov suggests they move. 

she nods slowly and gathers herself to her feet, using lyune for support. "the town's own forces can probably take over from here," she rasps. 

"your squirtle," she says, still worried that the small turtle had taken in too much smoke. "she's okay?" 

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
flower of fire [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2019 14:11:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
little one saves the day?!

“Wait,” he began, seeing the sight of the older woman’s Riolu, “…we’re not done yet.”

As his own Riolu approached the other, the little Phione flailed from within his grip, before moving its thumbless limbs out in a sweeping gesture. The last of the dark storm clouds were slowly chased away, to be replaced with a weak-shining sun where said clouds had gathered recently. After this, the little Water-type practically wiggled out of his hold, causing him to look at it in alarm for a few moments.

“Zelle, where are you going?” he asked the Water-type, maybe a little sharper than he intended—watching as the little blue blob moved over to the other Riolu, before concentrating slightly and using Aqua Ring on the injured Fighting-type that was beside the mother of the two children.

“Will you look at that…” he said softly, watching as the Phione slowly healed the injured Pokémon. At the same time, a familiar-looking shell wobbled over before teetering and collapsing in front of his own Riolu, Vincent.

“She’s just tired,” he continued a few moments, tapping the Squirtle’s Pokéball on its forehead, watching as it was absorbed into the flash of red light before he shrunk the Pokéball down and dropped it down his jacket pocket.

Once he caught sight of local volunteers finally gathering water and putting out the remnants of the fire, he also recalled his Lapras along with his own Riolu, leaving the young Water-type concentrating on its Aqua Ring.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
flower of fire [ff]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 21:58:26 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she's reminded, then, of the curious pokemon ivanov has by his side. she watches as the blue pokemon meanders its way to the injured riolu. her salamence looks on just as curiously, if not slightly distrusting of the new pokemon. he leans forward, forked tongue tasting the air around the pokemon. and then he blinks, raises his head in shock.

freya's arms fall into her lap as lyune pulls himself free from her grasp and she looks up at him with surprise. his nostrils flare, tongue forking in and out. low grumbles emanate from his maw and aeris speaks in response; the two chatter lowly and freya puts the pieces together. 

this pokemon is important.

she nods at alexei, visibly relieved. "you should be proud of her," she says warmly. then she coughs once more and gets to her feet. "would you accompany me to lunch, alexei?" she dusts off her pants and rakes some of the soot from her hair in an attempt to make herself look somewhat presentable.