body language

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
body language
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 9:37:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
So, the man is a mystic. He pines for magic for purposes unclear. Perhaps as a distraction from his own obligations, perhaps as a catalyst to further aspirations. 

Either way, the endeavors find him in remote areas rife with seclusion. A part of him likes to be alone. Solitude brings with it a sense of calm and meditation, even under the guise of task completion.

He is not alone now. She sticks far enough behind as to not warrant alarm. Never prod a wild beast until they find inner stillness. His parameters are cooling but move too quickly and the fire could return. 

Moments of quiet, the lapping of water in the stream, these catalyze the descent into a meditative state. Ease him into a chance encounter. The timing is nearly right.

Heir Silph: a curious specimen. Once dead now returned. He carries great power, carries also the potential for far more. With such responsibility comes a war of ideals. Mick wonders what that war looks like. She steps into the clearing with quiet care.

He is looking into the water, pressed for answers hidden in his own head. She begs to ask the question: what? Holds her tongue. Better to make this seem resolutely random, nothing more so.

”Oh, goodness.” She feigns being startled by his presence, clutches at her breast in a theatric display of surprise. Mick smiles at herself, laughs. ”I thought I was alone. I certainly hope you didn’t hear me singing.” 

Mick sighs, laughs again.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
body language
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2019 19:13:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
power is taken, never given.

fernando is not one to be denied. he refuses to take no for an answer. this encounter may prove to be an irregularity.

meteor falls is a place he knows well. various ventures have brought him here to follow up where @yiannis could not. the draconid once called this place home and it shows. dragons, as fallible as they are, prove an invaluable asset. the garchomp that lays nestled on his belt is a testament to that.

the tranquility of the hunt brings him an inner peace. there is no others. no interference. only his primal desire to prey on the weak and to track them down until he wrestles them into submission. power is delectable and his palate is rife for a fix.

silence. stillness. it sets in like many times before. the sound of nature paints a narrative that doesn't match what will become any unfortunate pokemon that crosses his path. his guard is relaxed because he expects it. he feels comfortable. practice makes him lax.

a glance in the stream reveals nothing. he hopes for one of the many water pokemon that call the river home. instead, he loses himself in his reflection. something is amiss. he's not sure what. something he had forgotten?

the sharp sound of someone else's voice breaks the thought. fernando turns, slowly, deliberately, to face her. her introduction reminds him of despite them being world's different. at least at first glance. his mind warns him of an annoyance but the facade of an esteemed councilmen tempers his disposition.

"no. i didn't hear you at all."

the words don't strike until he hears them come out of his own mouth. that's right. he hadn't heard her. unusual. sloppy even. beneath the surface, fernando is paranoid above all else. he masks it in a bravado of confidence and readiness but even that stems from fear. he prepares because he fears the unknown. practice makes perfect and the terror is bated back by routine and familiarity.

he should've heard her. this alone is enough to put him on high alert.

"come here often?"

@mik

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
body language
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 14:50:07 GMT
Deleted Avatar
She sees how alarmed he is by her apparition out of nowhere. Always alert for what is to come, this one. He must be primed to it; only allowing himself a chance of stillness when the settings not only seem to be appropriate but are confirmed as such. Mick is no blip on a radar; she is capable of far more than a quiet hunt.

He plays it down, uses a tone of playfulness to dissuade her own sense of self-preservation, she assumes. She will humor him with a relax of the shoulders and a slow approach. Once near enough to him, Mick drops herself to her knees and follows the water with her own gaze.

”To be honest, no. I have not been to this place for quite some time.” Her eyes follow the currents, land on the man beside her. ”Something called me to it today. I am still trying to figure out what that something is.”

Mick initiates a gesture of greeting, extends her hand forward with care. ”I apologize for the interruption. My name is Mick.” She smiles an easy and knowing smile. Something about it seems a bit queer, though that queerness is subtle.

”I would be lying if I said I did not know yours. You’re a bit of a celebrity, Mr. Silph.” She looks away from him, tracing the water’s flow with her gaze once more. ”I’d also be lying if I said this meeting was chance. I followed you.” Her smile is still stained to her face.

”Do not be alarmed. I merely did so to appease my own sense of curiosity. I wish you no harm beyond some conversation.”

Fernando was an entity of extreme interest. So many roles he could play… The possibilities seemed a bit endless, made Mick’s mouth water. She wanted so badly to know him. To see what sort of influence she could extend. Could he be molded? Could he mold her? Shivers shot down her spine; she downplayed it with a shaky exhalation of breath.

”I hope I’m not being too forward.”

Mick smiles more sharply.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
body language
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 20:55:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"not many people do." his comment is to fill the empty chasm of silence that permeates from within the caverns entrails. the conversation flows like the stream that snakes in front of them. one answers and the other replies.

however, her comment steers to fate and he makes no comment. destiny is for the superstitious. fernando refuses to submit to a life of predetermination. he's worked too hard to pilot his life's work.

he's on red alert but there's no real outward reason to be. he's self-aware about his paranoia and conducts himself accordingly. a life of business and status is fraught with introductions. the mask he wears is one labeled councilman and ceo. his grip is firm. their shake is an agreement. he recognizes that he's bound to maintain pleasantries. at least for now.

"it comes with the responsibilities." it's supposed to be a joke. he's said it a million times, mostly in reference to his position in silph co. usually they laugh, faux, showing the courtesy to present themselves on good terms. this time is different. he states it as fact. his tone is as dull as the atmosphere. he's still.

her diction, the way she speaks, belies a quirkiness that puts him on edge. maybe she's just weird but it reminds him of . alarmingly so, yet they're nothing alike. it's uncomfortable.

"a bit, mick."

it's now that he realizes he hadn't prepared for the inevitable. his greatest tool, his primary safeguard, is tucked away on his belt. he's reminded that he's become too lax, too comfortable now that his power's consolidated. his eyes narrow at the realization and he turns away, still keeping her in his peripheral.

"what do you think you're looking for?"

@mik

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
body language
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 3:13:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SWOOBAT APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / unaware[break]
air slash / attract / heart stamp / assurance
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GRUMPIG APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / thick fat[break]
teeter dance / psychic / magic coat / power gem
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
body language
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2019 13:58:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Always tuned in to mannerisms, she watches his subtle adjustments through the whites of her eyes. Still a bit on edge, clearly. She pays no mind, she would be too if caught off guard like this.

His joke fails to register at first. Mick is too busy with her own thoughts to give an appropriate reaction but compensates with a delayed snicker. ”Of course, of course. Heir Silph She snickers again.

The honest response to her wishes compels her to lean forward some, studying him whilst his eyes are studying something else. Complexity creates a puzzle she wishes to solve. Unlike other “chance encounters”, he behaves in a way she considers rather unpredictable.

She cannot dwell on this for long. Two wild pokemon appear from the confines of the wood. Mick looks to them in faux alarm. Within she notices the opportunity this presents. A test of skill.

Partnering up would reveal much about Fernando Silph. Much more than a mere cryptic conversation. ”Oh, my. I suppose my singing may have attracted company.”

Mick stands to study the approaching foes. A Swoobat and Grumpig, two psychic types. They must be on similar wavelengths to travel together as they do. No need to destroy that bond by capturing them. It’s more merciful to kill.

”To answer your question, sir.” Mick takes out a pokeball from the side pocket of her red jumpsuit, taps it, and releases Mercy onto the field. The fox pokemon stretches, tails fanning out behind her. ”I am looking for novelty, simply.”

She turns to eye him, still on the ground nearest the stream. "What is it you are looking for, hm?"

actions taken: mercy enters the battlefield
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
body language
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2019 18:05:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
two wild pokemon appear from the innards of the falls, lulled out by the sound of those that don't belong. fernando observes, matching her expression with one of equal concern. here lies in an opportunity - a test of deceit.

feigning ignorance would reveal much about fernando silph. actions, or in this case passivity, would depict him as a cowardly man who relies on money and status to make headway in the world. it's the same presentation he's given to but erred closer toward the side of caution. previously, fernando had been lenient about his perception around the petalburg gym leader. logic dictated that they'd be working semi-consistently, therefore hiding the inevitable was a pointless, stubborn effort.

this case is different - mick is a chance encounter with no promise of a follow up.

"it would seem so."

fernando fumbles with the pokeball on his belt, taking longer then he should as he tries to thumb the device off the clip on his belt. by the time he has it in his hands, mick's answered him, leaving him with another puzzle to stumble with. novelty? what the hell did that mean.

tch.

with a tap on the capture mechanism, a kecleon comes out to represent silph. the green, reptilian pokemon is ready to react, about to phase into invisibility when fernando interjects. "uhm, kecleon. get ready to battle!" the uncharacteristic dialogue is enough to catch the pokemon up to speed. without the direct confirmation of a battle routine, it'll remain lethargic and unable.

"i'm not a very strong trainer so i'm here to catch some stronger ones." it's a lie he's told many times and one he's long perfected as a part of his public image. the feint of inability lulls the unsuspecting into the same type of vulnerability that let mick catch him off guard. here's to hoping he can return the favor.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
body language
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 10:13:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His returns are cryptic, his behaviors sloppy. She can’t take her eyes off of him, can’t help but stare at him as he fumbles for a pokeball. Mick is not oft struck with confusion and disbelief. Alas, today it seems she will get reacquainted with the sensations.

He does not answer her reversal of his probe. Instead he chooses to spotlight his… lack of skills? Fernando releases a Kecleon onto the field. Mick’s intense stare goes from the man to his steed.

It seems capable; ready to tussle with whatever foe awaits it. That is, until it hears Fernando stumble over his own commands. The pokemon’s body relaxes, it’s eyes droop. From battler to vegetable, the transformation is subtle and quite nearly missed.

Mick returns her gaze to Fernando. ”Mercy, tend to the Swoobat, please.” She’s looking at him queerly. Mercy releases an ice beam, striking the bat where it hovers.

”Is that so? Why would that be? Perhaps you feel entitled to strength because of your… status, no?” Mick smiles, reads his movements. ”Pardon me for digging, I know we are merely strangers.”

She relaxes her intensity a bit, tries to exude warmth. ”But perhaps we do not have to be. I pursued you not for a mere acquaintanceship, after all. Now, tell me if you would, what are you looking for out here?

actions taken: mercy uses icebeam on SWOOBAT

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
body language
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 23:30:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
mick takes the initiative and fernando is left to follow suite. at first glance, her pokemon is capable enough to understand vague orders. he notes this and responds with the opposite. he needs to play the character, to showcase that his pokemon rely on his commands and therein lies a vulnerability.

"kecleon! BIND the other pokemon!"

kecleon purposefully waits until fernando finishes his sentence before moving. in a forward, telegraphed move, the pokemon stands in place, launching its tongue out at an alarming speed. it wraps around the grumpig and renders it immobile, kept in place by the pokemon slimy appendage. unfortunately, that means little to the grumpig. all it has to do is focus its PSYCHIC powers into picking the kecleon up and slamming it against the ground, all while still holding onto the grumpig.

"shit!"

caught between the battle and a conversation, fernando's left to falter. he bites his thumb in frustration, another act, another ploy into depicting a caricature of a character he knows well.

"kecleon, use SHADOW SNEAK!"

from its position on the ground, thrown and left in a huddled mess, the kecleon melts into the shadows, disappearing.

"i'm here for strong pokemon because i need them. battling has never been my forte but my pokemon can make up for what i lack."

he keeps an eye on the dark blob that represents kecleon as it snakes across the floor. only when the pokemon's in striking distance does it pop out from behind, landing a square SUCKER PUNCH to the back of the grumpig's head.

"it's unbecoming of a leader to be weak no matter what the specialization."

his scowl hints at something self-depreciation but it's hard to tell.