Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Mission Details here

[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
we meet again!

Who the hell would leave their fish ponds unattended?

Definitely, some people who don’t know how to keep an eye on their companions… he thought crossly, looking at the display screen of his PokéGear and frowning.

As fate would have it, he was one of the closest people to Verdanturf that was available for the little situation that involved some unknown force victimizing a certain pond in the sleepy little town.

“Huh, what’s with these prized Magikarp getting eaten…” he mused to himself as he stood waiting outside the Verdanturf Pokémon Center, hoping that his companion would show up. The pond that they were going to be guarding was located not too far away from the Center, so it was going to be a five-minute walk to the location.

Even then they’d been receiving more and more messages about when they would be arriving at the location, because the fiendish culprit had struck again…

“Really? Right under our noses?” he added a few moments later, a frown crossing his features as he looked at the latest trail of messages popping in on his phone.

[newclass=".alex"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
protecting them fish [mission]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 17:11:32 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

This was far from what Thomas normally did. If anything, this seemed like a job for the Rangers. But then, given that he was close to Verdanturf, and he had nothing better to do, he decided to take it. He saw that Alexei had also taken the mission, making this the third time he had partnered with the Gym Leader. He would just hope that this mission turned out better than the last.

Thomas would arrive in front of the Verdanturf Pokemon Center, on the back of his Hydreigon, which would've been a familiar sight to the Gym Leader. Once he was back on the ground, Thomas recalled the Hydreigon, and walked up to his partner.

"Good to see you again, Ivanov, you doing okay after the last mission?", Thomas would ask him. He would then gesture to the Gym Leader to walk and talk with him while they made their way to the pond where the Magikarp were being raised.

tags:
notes: Thomas is here!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 16:00:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
lowdown of the boogaloo

“Are you kidding me? I was picking glass shards out of my hair for a week, he began, joking lightly about the reaction that had happened the last time they’d worked together.

“Please, call me Alexei,” he added a few moments later. “Seeing as we keep bumping into each other and end up working together, why don’t we drop the formalities, at least?”

Looking at his phone, his brows furrowed together again as the message trail grew even longer.

“…look at it this way, this freshwater pond we’re going to guard has been plagued with problems,” he continued, flipping over into his ‘serious mode’ and showing the other the messages on his phone. “Can you believe that something attacked while we’re out here, preparing to head over to the pond?”

Shaking his head, he snorted.

“I brought just enough firepower this time, I’m sure you’ve met one of them previously,” he said quietly as he began the march over to the pond. While normally the mission would’ve had them at the pond, this proved to be a rather unique case, seeing as the other had come from somewhere else of importance. He could only guess what the Agent was up to…

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 5:16:56 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas chuckled in response to Alexei's reaction. "Least they contained the blast before it could do any serious harm. Shame about their machine, though.", Thomas replied to the Gym Leader.

"Fair enough. And considering this is hardly International Police business, you can just call me Thomas.", he'd tell Alexei.

Thomas would listen to what Alexei had to say, reading the messages as he was shown them. "Well, ain't that just fantastic?", Thomas asked sarcastically. When he mentioned that he brought some firepower with him, even mentioning that Thomas met one of the Pokemon previously, Thomas' eyebrow perked up.

"Well, can't wait for the reunion. Let's hurry over!", Thomas said to the Gym Leader, before making haste towards the fresh pond.

tags:
notes: Let's rock!

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2019 3:31:51 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
PESKY PESCETARIAN

[attr="class","ipad"]
A WILD FLOATZEL APPEARS!
[break][break]
[break]
male / swift swim[break]
agility / aqua jet / swift / pursuit / quick attack
[break][break]

despite how boring the job may be it does prove a challenging one. a flash of orange crosses your vision and the culprit is none other then the most elusive floatzel to grace petalburg. it doesn't take long for you to notice why no one has been able to capture it. it proves too fast to handle with the nuance needed to keep the rest of the pond relatively peaceful.
[break][break]

NOTES[break]
feel free to control the floatzel on your own, or request a mod post to control the floatzel![break][break]
&

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 11:08:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
attack!

He wasn’t prepared for the moment that they’d arrive at the pond—and actually catch the little shit right in the middle of the act, about to reach into the water and grab a Magikarp out!

“There he is!” he began, pointing as discreetly as he could, hoping that they’d be able to end this quickly and turn in the Water-type. Raising the PokéGear he had on his left hand, he pointed it at the Water-type, before reading off the information that showed up on the screen.

“Ah, you’ve got to be kidding…” he muttered, hoping that he didn’t have to resort to using Niya, but did he have any other choice? Grumbling softly, he then reached into the sling and pulled out a Pokéball before popping it to full size and tossing it forward.

“Niya,” he began as the Eelektrik appeared from the flash of red light, “…can you catch it with a Thunder Wave? I know it’s going to be a problem, but can you at least please try? he asked, hoping that the Electric-type could move fast enough so that the other could take the Floatzel by surprise.

Hearing a buzzing noise coming from the Electric-type, he then watched as the Eelektrk floated forward and quickly shot out a Thunder Wave, attempting to catch the Water-type before it could dip its paws into the pond and make off with another Magikarp right under their noses.

- sends Eelektrik out, attempts to use Thunder Wave on the Floatzel

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 11:19:22 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When the duo arrived at the pond, they came just in time to spot the Floatzel going for another one of the Magikarp. Unlike his partner, Thomas didn't need to consult a device to know just what a Floatzel was capable of doing. Being such a speedy creature, with several means of escape naturally afforded to it, it was no wonder this thing was giving the owners so much trouble.

But when there was a will, there was always a way.

As his partner desperately attempted to cripple the Floatzel, Thomas calmly reached for one of his Pokeballs. He was worried about the fact that he was already resorting to the use of Thunder Wave, considering the conditions. But even if the Floatzel managed to dash out of the way with Quick Attack, it still managed to scare it off from the Magikarp it was going after.

Thomas brought out Freke the Alakazam. Thomas would spot the blue fin of the Floatzel, the creature clearly not giving up on his meal. "Telekinesis.", Thomas ordered. With the one word, Freke would use his power to lift the Floatzel out of the water, and above the ground they were standing on. In the initial shock of being plucked out of the water, the Floatzel floundered around, before focusing on the two humans, and their Pokemon. In retaliation, it would fire off a Swift at the nearest victim.

tags:
notes: Alakazam plucks the Floatzel out of the water with Telekinesis, who retaliates with Swift

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 12:00:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
shit just got real lol.

“Shit,” he hissed under his breath as the Water-type had managed to get out of the way with a last-second burst of speed from a Quick Attack, and the electricity petered out before the Electric-type turned to follow the Floatzel as it backed away from the water.

Well, at least it got the hint that approaching them was dangerous.

Before he could blink, he watched as Thomas brought out something he hadn’t seen or encountered yet—rocking a truly fantastic beard and holding two spoons. Discreetly pointing his PokéGear at it, he then waited for the data to come up before reading it, very nearly missing what had happened—and only looking up in time to see that the culprit was now held aloft with some mysterious power.

It was here he realized that the mustachioed Pokémon was a Psychic-type, and having whatever it used was a good idea—he’d take note of that for the future.

And then came the star-shaped projectiles!

“Oh, come on!” he grumbled again, clicking his tongue in an annoyed manner, before the Eelektrik sailed forward and tanked some of the projectiles. Without missing a beat, he then pointed with his left hand, he continued with, “Niya, catch it with a Thunderbolt! Shouldn’t be too hard to not miss a target that’s locked and floating!”

Without a moment’s notice, the weird EleFish Pokémon reared back, before snapping and crackling as it summoned a blast of electricity before bringing it down on the Water-type. Sure, it was pretty much overkill, but what could they do? The culprit had to be brought down by whatever means necessary!

“Follow that up with a Thunder Wave, and make sure it sticks, he added, urging the Eelektrik forward before it released another jolt of electricity at the Floatzel at close-range.

Sure, the Thunderbolt may have been a bit excessive...

- Eelektrik sails forward and tanks some of the Swift attack
- incoming Thunderbolt attack from the Electric-type!
- just to be on the safe side, adds a Thunder Wave so it's neatly stunned

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 12:17:48 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watched as the Eelektrik took the stars of energy that the Floatzel shot at them. It would then follow it up by blasting the Water-type with a powerful Thunderbolt. The Floatzel desperately tried to squirm out of the telekinetic grip of the Alakazam, to no avail. All the Floatzel could do was cry out in pain as he was struck by the Thunderbolt. While he just barely remained conscious after being struck by the Thunderbolt, the oncoming Thunder Wave would cause its body to seize up.

"Good work, Alexei.", Thomas told his partner, before grabbing the League-issued Pokeball. He would then tap the creature with it, hoping that the creature wouldn't break out. Despite the fact that the Thunderbolt managed to weaken it severely, and the fact that it was Paralyzed, Thomas knew that the chances for it to somehow break out and cause more headache for the group was present. But even if that were the case, it wasn't going to be getting very far at all, not in its current state.

Freke would remain on his guard, watching what transpired closely.

tags:
notes: Attempting to contain the pest.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 12:34:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[attr="class","alex"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
was it overkill? I think so XD

“To be fair, was that a bit too much?” he asked Thomas quietly as the other approached with a special-looking Pokéball and then outright bonking it atop the head of the Water-type, before watching as it was sucked into the beam of red light.

“I heard a rumor that a pair of Rangers had a problem with another similar one of that, in another city,” he began quietly, keeping his eyes trained on the Pokéball just in case its occupant decided to do a 180 and escape out of the confines. But with the point-blank Thunderbolt and Thunder Wave, he hoped that he didn’t have to go all bat shit nuts on it if in case it did decide to break out…

The Electric-type, feeling very proud of a job well done, then floated back over to Alexei and then started posing in his direction. “Niya, you know I want to pat you on the head for a job well done, but the last time I did that you gave me bad hair day for a week, he continued with a chuckle, before nodding at the Electric-type in acknowledgement before recalling him back into his own Pokéball.

Now that the problem had been settled, he turned over to look at Thomas. “You going to turn that over to the local pest control unit here, or do you have other plans for it?” he asked.

- the fiend is down! Off to the local 'pest control' to make sure they do their job of sticking it in rehab

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,455 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 12:43:58 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas shrugged as the Gym Leader asked if they were excessive. "The thing is still alive, and even conscious. A trip to the Pokecenter will be all it takes to heal it.", he told the Unovan.

After a tense moment of watching the ball shake back and forth three times, the sparks shooting out of the mechanism signified the successful capture of the Floatzel. Thomas grinned, picking up the Pokeball, and placing it in his bag for the time being. He would then turn over to Freke, patting the Psychic-type on the head. "Good work, Freke!", Thomas told the Alakazam, who cried out happily upon receiving his master's approval and even affection.

"I'll take it to the Pokecenter to get it processed, of course. After they're through with mending its injuries, Pest Control will take it from there.", he told Alexei. "If you'd like to see this through, feel free to join me. Otherwise, did you want to exchange numbers? Maybe we could get together for some drinks sometime?", Thomas offered the Gym Leader with a friendly grin.

Whatever choice Alexei made, Thomas made his way to the Pokecenter.

tags:
notes: Wrapping this mess up

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O