2,314 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Flower [FF]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 8:44:37 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
"They said the last thing we need for this is, uh..." Priam would squint at the piece of paper he held, which he could compare to a grocery list, except the writing was too small for him to read it properly amid the limited light that filtered through the Petalburg woods. "...pollen from a Venusaur. Is that even considered as proper medicine component?" The last statement wasn't meant to be spoken out loud, though he couldn't deny that he was skeptical with traditional herbal medicine.

The procedure was easy enough as long as they procured every ingredient on the list. He'd gotten the recipe from another Rocket member, though he didn't have much use for it until now. The task seemed easy enough. They only needed to fetch one ingredient after all, and after that, maybe his Gabite will be fine. Wrestling down a Venusaur to get what they need shouldn't be too hard, right?

"You know, you didn't strike me as the type to do things like these."

He wasn't sure how he managed to rope her into going with him. The Gabite was the main muscle of his team for the longest time, and he wasn't sure what to do if it died from a disease from attempting to take a bite out of an Oddish. He held his Gabite as they walked, arms folded as it supported it from its chest upwards while its legs hung lazily. The Dragon-type did not seem to mind the uncomfortable position as it was too weak to even fight back.

Priam owed her big time if his baby dragon lived at the end of the day.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Flower [FF]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 13:28:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Kaida listened listlessly to her fellow Team Rocket ramble beyond what was needed, eyes locked upon her own dragon as he waddled determinedly through roots and leaf systems. Literally through. The near blind creature let out a guttural growl whenever he came across an obstacle and just pushed his way through. Now whether or not the pollen could be medicine? Don't know and frankly? Don't care. She wasn't the type to know that, and just didn't answer, knowing the question wasn't really for her.

"I'm not. I prefer to fight. He does too." She pointed down to the Deino that huffed and puffed pointingly at the words, like his displeasure would somehow change their purpose. "He sees through smelling. Makes him good for tracking. They told me to do this, so I got no choice...I'm low." The little Houndour in a Houndoom pack would be put to do every little task until it proved itself, she supposed it was only fair she go through this test as well.

"Watch around us." She stole a glance around the forest, "Sometimes Pokemon get angry if we ended up walking into their territory. Don't want a sneak attack." She had to focus on her own dragon, who seemed to have his eye on some sort of scent, weaving around trees and brush with an apathetic but good work ethic.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,314 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Flower [FF]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 15:19:45 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
He'd draw the Gabite closer to him involuntarily as he responded to her statement. "I heard Venusaur carry a strong scent. We'll find it in no time!" The enthusiasm belied his growing anxiety about the Pokemon in his arms. Life was basically sapped away from his own Dragon-type by its upset stomach, which he had hoped was simply a figure of speech instead of an actual fact. His Gabite wasn't the lively sort in the first place anyways.

"Nice to know they'd get someone to babysit me though," he'd continue, voice starting to show the gloom.

While he definitely liked the idea that the higher ups would tell her to go with him in his this menial task since it cemented the fact that their eyes were still on him, he wasn't sure how to think of the fact that any assistance he got from her was a result of an order instead of goodwill. He supposed he was to be blamed for it though, as he set an expectation too high from someone in his position.

"We're here exactly because we want to get in their territory though," he'd point out naively. "I mean, how else are we going to find the Pokemon we're here for if we avoid them?"

He wasn't exactly a thinker, and he didn't know much about how to approach things he considered unknown to him besides charging at the target headfirst. A methodical approach often wasted more time, and Priam's nature went against being patient. It was besides the point that he was basically rushing against time to get the remedy that could hopefully cure his loyal Gabite from its condition.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Flower [FF]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 16:24:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Babysit?" Kaida snorted, "I'm here to care for the dragon." She seemed genuinely baffled, like she was signing up for something she didn't know. "If you have that, you must have other Pokemon! They can protect you to."

Before she could continue, her own dragon pitched forward, squawking at a smell only he had at the moment. "Found it." She let a smile bloom in her mouth, beckoning Priam forward as she started a steady jog.

She found the Deino puffing over a footstep nearly three times its size, seemingly disappointed it hadn't run right into a giant Venusaur. "Right. We are in its territory. Do you want something this big getting the drop on us?" Luckily, with prints, they could follow without that danger, and naturally, the dragon was already darting forward. "He might alert the Venusaur, so walk more behind him." She informed Priam, following only just close enough to see the Deino run.

close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,314 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
Flower [FF]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2019 15:40:59 GMT
priam conrad Avatar
He did have other Pokemon to protect him, but it doesn't feel the same to him. "Yeah, but I don't like them as much as I like my Gabite." His words would have sounded more like whining if he had not said it with a tone that made it seem like he was stating a fact, which his words were. He only liked his Espeon and his Gabite out of everything in his arsenal, and he knew his Espeon does not compare to the Pokemon in his arms in terms of raw strength.

"Alright. Gotcha!"

Obedient as he was, he followed the Deino along the forests. It was difficult to navigate while lugging a dead weight around. It did not bother the boy a bit however, as it was one of the few things he doesn't mind hassling him. The Deino would eventually lead them to where the target was. A Venusaur remained idle, soaking in the sun from a clearing of the forest. A patch of leaves was missing from the canopies, providing a direct source of sunshine as opposed to the thick forest roofs that blocked any light.

"What's the plan now?"