awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 18:44:40 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

lunch rush, and he's sitting outside the food stall while his dish goes cold.

getting in contact with the silph was easier than expected; he pickpocketed a phone belonging to one of his multiple assistants and returned it promptly after retrieving his direct number.

the message sent is signed with a name that isn't his and reads as follows;

monday, 1pm, lilycove city, yiros stall on sea boulevard, ranger uniform jacket.

i pay my dues.

- ophelia harlow

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2019 21:15:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
@ainsley .

she's been missing in action since slateport. no responses, no communication, nothing. that's enough to put him on edge when he receives a random message from her. while losing her was unfortunate, he had chalkd it up to being a victim of the invasion. that or she was found out. either way, fernando's remorse is lacking. a king doesn't concern himself with the fates of pawns.

lilycove is his new home. the residents know him well and that makes him feel comfortable. there's no longer any reason to shy away from embracing his image. the silph councilman is an intimidating figure that reeks of absolution. most attribute it to his nature of a businessman. they call him a sharpedo. how wrong they are. the end result is the same but his savageness stems from an experience that predates silph co.

it all starts with mount silver and ends with him missing significant pieces of flesh.

it's a dog eat dog world and he's never looked at anything other then being at the top of the food chain.

fernando enters the vicinity and is actively looking for the ranger uniform. the lack of pink hair makes it obvious that ophelia is absent. his prediction had been correct and he feels validation on having his weavile out and about. the pokemon's KEEN EYE can catch the slightest of movements, ready to bounce and PUNISH any that dare move. the pokemon's compact and lithe, mobile enough to dispatch any immediate threats.

fernando is kept prim and proper, adorn in standard business attire. the only odd piece is the distinct red scarf wrapped around his neck. it's not cold enough to warrant the extra garb.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 18:42:08 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

something about the beret atop his head, emblazoned with the league insignia no less, and the iconic maroon and black of the ranger uniform veils him in faux nobility; his borderline paranoia becomes harmless perceptiveness, his haughtiness becomes charisma, his sharp edges become dulled.

people look at him differently, and dominic smiles back because they don't know about the tattoos immortalising his affiliation inked into his skin under the black turtleneck.

upon catching sight of the councilman, dominic remains unmoving and statuesque for several long moments and waits for silph to come to him. he tries to make eye contact, and that should be enough. his pose is casual but the intensity of his gaze is anything but.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 18:54:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
perception is altered by pretenses. it is the weight of your image that bears your perceived danger level. anyone established as a member of the league is considered a protector, a hero in the making. they herald them as champions only because they're too scared to face the dangers that every league member subconsciously volunteers for.

fernando knows better.

honor is taken - never given, by those with the diligence to bring about solutions. only accomplishments merit glory. the league is filled with aspirations but, ultimately, they're nothing more then pawns to be handled.

this one too proves to be a pawn. the mention of ranger attire keeps him on his toes but fernando's fairly confident. in close quarters, there's little the other can do without causing an all out skirmish. eye contact warrants a flirting gaze of a savageness only seen in the depths of shoal cave. @reagan may have slaughtered her way through the cavern's inhabitants but she would never dare do so against the general public. fernando is different. there's no price too steep for him to cost.

"mister harlow."

his scowl matches his patience.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 10:01:41 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

dominic smile thinly, a brief quirk of the lips.

"i go by..." he pauses, glancing down to check the name tag sewn into the inside of his uniform. "ellery now. sorry for getting your hopes up about the girl, but you understand there were few other ways for me to get in touch with a hoenn councilman."

he doesn't sound sorry, but everything else is true enough.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 10:13:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he's less then pleased. it shows on his face. the trademark scowl, the narrowed eyes. still, he holds from making a move. there are more pressing matters to attend to. information comes first and it's dominic's only leverage.

"understandable."

a simple answer for a more complicated plight. fernando understands where he's coming from and wholesomely agrees. perhaps if he had a better in, they wouldn't have to resort to such pretenses. but what can be expected from a mere team rocket member.

his answer comes in the form of a whisper - only audible between them.

"i hope you equally understand i can and will light up everything in a twenty meter radius to make sure your ass is cooked."

the weavile smiles at the comment, eager to fulfill it.

"what happened to harlow?"

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 10:23:04 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

he continues to smile, razor-sharp, eyes sliding from the man to his pokemon and back again.

"i know that," dominic says matter-of-factly. "i've been in your orbit for a very long time. the saffron siege, the time one of your sisters nearly got herself killed wandering into slateport, the lilycove ball the other week. i have no intention to fight or run."

at the question, dominic raises a single shoulder in a shrug, though the smile fades from his face, replaced with an impassive expression. "i don't track every grunt. and between you and me," he lowers his voice to match fernando's. "if she did defect, i'll turn a blind eye but i know others won't be as lenient. you understand that too, of course?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 10:38:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fuck. the mention of saffron is enough to put him on edge. whether he's only mentioning it because he applies the association that fernando would be there or that he actually had eyes on him - it makes a world of difference and until he knows which, this man can only be classified one thing. dangerous.

the answer about @ainsley is acceptable. "so you don't know." that's all he needs to know. his care for the ex-spy is non-existent. he just needs to know due to her association with him. he's not a fan of loose ends. they need to be snipped before they can become split ends, or worse, cause them.

time to get down to business.

"what do you want?"

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 10:54:52 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

a shake of his head confirms that dominic is non-pulsed about the absent young woman. fernando didn't seem intent to dwell on it either, so he moves on.

"a simple favour in the coming weeks. i suspect it will be mutually beneficial."

he watches the councilman's face closely for any sign of a reaction but he still can't tell if the scowl is aimed at him or just his resting expression. dominic doesn't wait for him to ask before continuing because he suspects forcing him to ask for clarification will only irritate him further.

"by now surely the league knows about the situation with the jirachi and a colleague of mine. it's a poorly kept secret, i'm afraid."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 18:44:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando shows no change in expression but only because his face can't scowl any harder. on the surface, he reads incorrectly. there's an intrigue behind the request but fernando doesn't show it. he can't. the only thing that bears through is his scrutinizing disapproval of the person he's talking to.

"they do and they are putting in place an operation to respond to that."

fernando plays the patience game. he doesn't need to interrupt or present an inquiry. surely, dominic will go on with time. this is just a prelude, an opening to the favor he's asking for.

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 16:42:28 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

"yes, and it'll be infiltrated," dominic says slowly, arcing a thoughtful eyebrow. would that surprise him? every time they have crossed paths in the past, he had been over-prepared. surely he expects the possibility.

"i want the man you're going for retrieved alive. i understand the league typically doesn't use lethal force, but that's not enough for me. i want your assurance of his safety, councilman. and of course i'll return the favour."

his eyes drop pointedly to the smartphone at the center of the table, clasped lightly under his gloved hand.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 18:05:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"naturally."

there's no surprise there. the excursion to the dessert ruins had been no different. that time, he hadn't been able to discern friend from foe. no one had turned and fernando didn't think it worth his time and resources to track down their allegiances. this time, things would be different. jirachi is an expected prize and prove too invaluable and dangerous to leave to chance.

outright, there's no way fernando can guarantee his end of the bargain. that doesn't mean he won't lie. the least he can do is bring on the feint and possibly put some measures in place. unfortunately, those on the team aren't under his thumbs. the council and other league officials had made sure of that.

"what can you offer?"

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 9:00:10 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

dominic watches fernando for a long moment, eyes narrowed to ruby chips.

he could threaten him to ensure the councilman makes a concerted effort (your sisters are very pretty and your brother is a sweet boy. and wow, two of your sibings want to be gym leaders? lavaridge and dewford? how nice).

he has the requisite self-preservation instinct to stop himself.

"just a taste," dominic says sardonically, lifting the burner phone from the table to unlock it and slide it across to fernando. the display is open to a particular message.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 11:31:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando reads the message. he can't help but smile at it. it's one of the few instances where he's utterly kept in the dark, unaware. in this instance, that's okay. he doesn't care for it either. devon can fall and when it does that just puts him higher on the pedestal.

"are you promising me that this'll be done? is that the favor?"

there's a wry smugness in the way he grins that matches dominic. they almost seems to be made of the same feather. how twisted.

"or am i supposed to be privy of this and stop this? i wouldn't want to unintentionally out you, now would i?"

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
more or less [ c ]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 16:27:46 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar

the machinations of cut-throat businessmen elude him. dominic cocks his head to the side, flashes pointed canines in a smile indicating perhaps the most genuine show of emotion so far.

"make of it what you will, councilman. i would call it a gesture of good will."

no doubt the councilman has other sources of information within rocket, just like dominic has his own within the league. but he alone can gouge the beast deeper than any of them — though dominic decides not to stress the point. he has the audacity to appear in lilycove, at the ball no less.

fernando can connect the dots for himself.

"inaction is complacency. maybe we'll both have stone's blood on our hands."