twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 16:15:13 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

first, ; next, .

the silph heir is a familiar face yet not enough to be considered anything more than associates. even business partners is a stretch, given their lack of interaction in the past. devon always did their business direct with papa and mama silph, never once bothering to downgrade.

alexander travels with a pressing agenda. the car rolls to a stop outside a grand tower, fit to be considered the next silph co. headquarters. "thank you. i won't be long." he shuts the car door behind him as he approaches the building with keen eyes that never stop admiring, analyzing, even as the glass doors slide open.

"afternoon. alexander stone. i'm here for my meeting with mister silph." 

he says to the receptionist, and while a smile might be present on his face, it is purely out of formalities. there is nothing to smile about. not yet, anyways.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2019 17:39:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the secretary alexander faces is nothing more then a generic character, a welcoming expression painted behind a manufactured smile. is extensive in her vetting - only those that fall in line with her strict criteria are granted the privilege of operating as the face of silph co

"afternoon, mister stone. mister silph will be waiting for you on the fourth floor conference room. either elevators straight behind me will take you there."

the main lobby is expansive but not enough so to get lost. not with those instructions. proceeding straight will bring alexander to a wall with two elevators flanking the center decoration. they're several meters apart. one's in use and currently taking someone else to a higher floor. despite the card slot located above the queue button, it'll open without swiping. one he's inside, that's another matter altogether.

---

"ah. devon's here. tch. we'll resume project avalon later. we have more pressing matters for now."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2019 2:25:38 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

is not an unfamiliar face but she does not illicit a memory from him, not even a name. "thank you," he says in response before approaching the elevators.

there's a card slot above the queue button, similar to the one at devon, and with a single tap, the doors slide open. he steps in.

he's met with a simplistic, yet somehow intricate interface system that differs from devon. it's a different make, possibly higher security, but that makes sense for a silph.

he waits for a prompt.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 2:16:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the interface provides a touch screen version of a typical elevator panel. each button corresponds with a floor but it only goes up to four. the other floor exist, as evident by the tower's height, but the touch screen only has those four floors and the open and close button.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 5:43:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the elevator stops at the fourth floor and opens with a resounding ding. upon opening, alexander will find an array of small halls with a variety of rooms littered between them. each door has a corresponding touch pad attached to the wall. a list of meetings for the day, their time slot, and who's expected is listed on each one.

the one straight ahead of alexander has his names in all caps.

---

a conversation can be heard through the door.

"i'll talk to you later. the usual?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 5:51:11 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

meticulous and organized, it is what's expected of a silph. seeing the order in which the various rooms are lined in, all with their own touchpad attached to the wall, impresses alexander.

the silph heir has made a name for himself despite the loss of his parents.

the conference room is aptly marked. he stops outside it and manages to catch the tail end of a conversation.

knock, knock.

this routine has been done a few hundred times and by now both of them are undoubtedly sick of it, but it still has to be done.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2019 5:58:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"come in."

the door is unlocked and fernando's long prepared for alexander's visit. the room itself is plain, evidently used for its function over the modern aesthetic found elsewhere. a large, circular conference table sits in the middle with multiple slots for screen to pop out from. a giant display looms overhead. 

fernando and are looking at a screen facing the opposite direction of the door. lillian appears nonchalant, deadpan, hiding every sense of emotion as she keeps to her duty. the role of being silph's secret ceo has taught her much about the role and the lessons passed down from him has molded her to a more mature, more professional version of himself.

fernando's expression is one of a slight annoyance, glancing up from it when the door opens.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2019 8:33:29 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

"bad time, councilman?" is the first question he asks after seeing the familiar expression plastered on fernando's face. alexander takes a step in, feeling the air from the door closing behind him, and approaches one of the empty seats at the circular conference table.

with one hand on the chair, he asks, "may i?" but doesn't wait for permission to sit. with his briefcase neatly placed beside him, he nods once before clearing his throat. "shall we start?"

smiling once at , he turns his attention to fernando. "the situation in hoenn is undeniably tense; everyone's on edge, anticipating, preparing for rocket's next attack and with still unavailable, the safety of the region falls to the council. so i ask, councilman, is the council prepared?"

eyes narrow as he carefully watches the two.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2019 7:41:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando doesn't answer alexander's beckoning. there's no reason to. he can tell the man for what he is and the provocation is met with it's one true counter: avoidance. is right to flat out respond to such a comment. the cold, hard silence does more damage then any return reply.

lillian holds steady, slick in keeping her composure. fernando doesn't bat an eye. his foul expression is one and the same.

"hardly. the holes left by the previous administration leave much to be desired. we're still missing several gym leader positions in crucial choke points since slateport."

how far should he reveal his hand. alexander may be a gym leader but that in itself does not warrant his trust. is an exception to the rule but only because she seems malleable. alexander, a man christened from his own background, is not.

"but you knew that."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 4:08:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

"and how goes the search for their replacements? specially petalburg." he asks because it is the city closest to rustboro and naturally, he's concerned of its safety.

"i did." 

unity needs to be present. it is the foundation in which the league is built on. it is what its officers carry; or should carry. yet, as alexader sits across the councilman and his assistant, it feels as far from unity as possible.

the tension that lingers between them is what separates them. with neither side willing to compromise, the promise of this discussion is bleak.

"if petalburg falls, it leaves rustboro in a precarious position. i've already spoken to councilwoman morningstar to secure additional personnel for rustboro, but without a leader, i'm afraid petalburg is an easy target." 

what he says next is unprecedented to some, but to others, it might be expected.

"i am willing to look after petalburg until we secure a replacement."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 5:59:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"apt. we have enough applications to fill each spot. whether they qualify - i have the candidates that i approve of and there's enough to occupy all but one."

fernando makes no mention of what he intends to do with that gaping hole. the elite four initiative is already making head way and phase one has come to a conclusion much faster then he had anticipated. if not for the meeting in silph co., fernando would already be gloating to , questioning if she still doubts his mental prowess.

"oh? do you intend to have freya's personnel watch over rustboro while you assist petalburg or do you intend to keep an eye on both?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 3:29:47 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

"i intend to keep an eye on both."

it's ambitious and as far as he knows, unattempted in history but troubling times calls for drastic changes. the devon heir is confident not only in his abilities, but in the people he delegates to because in the end, they are all operating under the same banner. the same flag.

his posture straightens. "devon has supported petalburg in the past and we will continue to. politics is not my strong suit but i have kept up with the affairs of petalburg, and right now, they need a leader."

he pauses for a second, hesitating.

"it's the least i can do for an old friend."

his gaze shifts to for a brief moment, analyzing, before shifting back to fernando.

"but you knew that."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 6:51:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
""ah. understandable. personally, i'm not opposed to the idea."

fernando matches the man's gaze. when it shifts toward lillian so does fernando's. he scowls before dismissing her. "league matters," is enough of an explanation to have her excuse herself. a curt nod between the both marks her exit and she leaves without any other formalities. her farewell to alexander is brief and professional, tailored to suffice and nothing more.

only when the door closes behind her does fernando continue the conversation.

"but that is a matter that's beyond just my hands. you may or may not face the same difficulties that i do but the league doesn't seem to appreciate individuals with external sway trying to take initiatives and pushing for changes. i'm afraid you'll have to champion this idea with the other council members or appropriate officials to get any traction. i'll do what i can but only after you get a head start."

fernando only steps down because he knows trying to push for this change will prove detrimental to his plans. the more alexander puts into petalburg the better. hopefully having to manage two cities will divide his attention enough for rocket to slip in between the cracks. the meeting with has given him insights of what's to come and with harold out of the way fernando will have one less piece to worry about. alexander will undoubtedly pick up the slack but the twist of events will leave him vulnerable.

fragile.

from the ashes, fernando will create a storm. how the other party braces for it depends on their stance. this is the eye and there's little time to prep.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
alamaisuus [ closed ]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 17:58:55 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

silph's assistant excuses herself and makes her departure. it grants them one thing: privacy. but, it is a double-edged sword. with no witnesses, there is nothing to collaborate stories should something go wrong.

"i believe in your case your heritage plays a part in the league's concern. they are not particularly fond of outsiders holding positions of power. but that's changed now. clearly." 

fernando is no idiot. alexander is not one either. both of them know the drawbacks of him holding control over two cities. despite their close proximity, it will leave him separated, and that makes him vulnerable. more than he already is.

"i have the support of councilwoman morningstar and councilman valeria. i have yet to meet with councilman cole, but that is where i'm hoping you could help. you two seem particularly close. near-death experiences tend to help with that." 

eyes narrow for a moment.

"and what about you, councilman silph? where do your focus lie?"