awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
politics [c]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2019 3:30:06 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]it's shortly after her meeting with the benoit man that she has a meeting with alexander stone, son of harold and heir to one of the most prominent and influential companies in hoenn. while she'd have much preferred meeting with the man himself, she knows that alexander is a better long-term point of contact. 

while devon's long since established themselves as supporters of the league, his son's loyalties are made more promisingly solely because of his direct affiliation with league matters. 

so after her meeting, while she chases her thoughts around her head and speaks in hushed tones to her dragoness by way of guidance and reassurance, she simultaneously prepares herself for her next appointment. 

it's no wonder fernando has a secretary. this is exhausting. 

when she approaches the front desk of the devon headquarters, she stops the receptionist in her tracks. "excuse me for interrupting, but i would rather prefer if you would politely ask mr. stone if he would accompany me outside. i've little desire to sit in a stuffy conference room when the weather is this lovely outside."

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
politics [c]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2019 13:18:48 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

the invasion of slateport was unprecedented; no one expected rocket to strike with such speed and ferocity, merciless in their resolve to conquer. he remembers the night of the incident: waking up to the vibration of his phone must have been vastly different than waking up to the blaring city alarms. 

in a way, he's lucky to have not been in the city. but that's not how he sees it. he sees it as a mistake. devon could have helped; they should have helped; but perhaps they were just as blind as everyone else.

it's not a mistake alexander is willing to repeat.

"miss morningstar." 

not five minutes pass by before the devon heir makes an appearance with a hand already extended, ready for formalities with a potential business partner. 

a smile engulfs his features. "i hope i didn't keep you waiting too long," he gestures towards the exit. "please. after you." 

devon hq nears the outskirts of the city, which explains the quietness in the air that greets them. a simple coat is what prepares him against the chilly winds of the season. they walk slowly, rounding the building before stopping by one of the gardens that's filled with a variety of different flowers.

"thank you, by the way. i have been looking for a reason to step outside for quite some time now." small talk is necessary, but it doesn't feel forced. "so," he begins.

"how can i help you, miss morningstar?"

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
politics [c]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2019 17:27:45 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]the receptionist totters off and freya is given another few minutes to collect herself. while she'd spoken in earnest about enjoying the weather, she also wants to make it clear that the league still has powerful allies. and what better way to do that than to make a public appearance?

she appreciates his promptness, and makes it known with a matched warm fervor in their clasped hands, in the softness in her eyes. 

"call me freya, please." 

aeris is still waiting patiently for her by the front doors. when the pair emerge, she gives freya's partner a curious once-over, forked tongue flicking. 

"i'm only glad we're on the same page," she says. 

she clasps her hands behind her back as she walks, taking her time to think of how best to answer his question. "in times like these, i feel it important all members of the league stay as involved and in the know as possible. i'm here as your councilwoman, first and foremost," she says, smiling abruptly when she catches the eye of a passerby. 

"and i'm here for a matter of more personal importance, but we'll have time to discuss that later. for now, mr. stone, i'd just like to check in on you."

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
politics [c]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2019 3:45:09 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

there exists a wall, metaphorical in nature, that divides them even as they walk side by side. she may be councilwoman but that does mean she has earned his trust. the hierarchy of the league dictates that he must, but circumstances have made that difficult.

so, what's left for him to decide is just how much he's willing to reveal. he ponders on it for a moment as she finishes her statement.

"i am as good as one can be during such troubling times, freya. and please, alexander is just fine." he mirrors her movements and claps his hands behind his back, too. "but if you're asking from a business perspective, devon is strong. it has to be." 

but, there are cracks that threaten to break through, that much is unavoidable. "i do have to ask, councilwoman: what steps have the council taken to ensure the safety of other cities?" he asks a question with an agenda because he needs to know the following:

"rustboro is safe under my protection but preparations must be made for the worse."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
politics [c]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2019 16:35:50 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"i'm pleased to hear it." while smaller businesses have shown signs of suffering after the slateport invasion, explicitly around the surrounding towns that depended on slateport for imports and exports, business behemoths like devon shouldn't be struggling. the league has more need of them now than ever. 

she side-eyes him. "i assure you, safety measures have been put into place." blockades, security checks, isolation of the other cities--all of it ineffective. because rocket grows with every passing day. slateport's docks give them free reign of the ocean. 

"i understand the gravity of the situation you've been placed in, but you must understand--while devon is a high profile target, our resources are better spent on the areas surrounding slateport. geographically, invading rustboro wouldn't be a tactical move on their part. they don't have the numbers to hold both cities. not yet, anyway."

a couple of children giggle and walk beside them, eyes shining at the dragonair that follows them. freya lowers her gaze. "that being said, we don't believe it smart to leave devon completely unprotected. how many league personnel do you believe the city requires?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
politics [c]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2019 15:40:26 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

safety measures--he almost chuckles. he's heard the same thing time and time again and he's yet to see change, at least on a scale big enough to combat rocket. then again, he's not entirely aware of the situation outside of rustboro, which is why he holds his tongue.

"it's the smaller cities that i'm concerned about. silas is no idiot. he commands rocket to destabilize the region with erratic and unpredictable attacks. he knows how to back the league into a corner where they can be controlled. it's why kanto fell as quickly as it did." 

his voice lowers for a moment as a couple of children giggle pass them in glee.

"rustboro is strong enough to make him think twice but cities like verdanturf or oldale aren't. if they strike now, frankly speaking, they'd succeed." 

he doesn't hold his tongue anymore. at her question, he ponders for a moment before responding. "a twenty percent increase in personnel should be sufficient. the rest should be focused on protecting the smaller cities. relocation might be needed but at the very least they should have contingencies for evacuation." 

the wind blows, allowing them a brief moment of silence as they gather their thoughts. "i apologize, councilwoman. i don't mean to put more pressure on you, as i'm sure you have a lot to bear."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
politics [c]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 17:32:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"you speak to me as if i don't already know all of this." she sounds more defensive than she'd like and sourly turns her head away, opting to watch the passersby as they continue their stroll. she's never been fond of rustboro, of the squat houses, the meticulously placed cobblestone. but she admires the life around her, the way these people can go about their days without the looming presence of rocket. 

but alexander's words are true, whether the two of them want to admit it or not. unease grips her and she looks away from a young couple walking their furfrou. 

"consider it done," she says. they both know it's not that simple. she's twenty-five percent of a larger voice, but her firm confidence has always proved enough to sway others in her favor. though the league is stretched thin as it is, what alexander speaks of is necessary.

"what's the condition of rusturf tunnel? i can appoint a few league personnel to monitor the tunnels in the case of a necessary evacuation in verdanturf."

she shakes her head, eyes flashing as she turns to meet alexander's gaze. "don't apologize. i knew what i was getting into when i took this job. i bear this burden so that people like them--" she says, gesturing to the happy couple with their dog, "are safe. i'm a servant of the people, alexander, as we all are."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
politics [c]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 4:37:19 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

he speaks to her not because he thinks she doesn't know, but because he knows that she knows. and yet, despite that fact, no aid has come to rustboro. without action, without alexander at the helm, willing things for the sake of his city, help will not come fast enough. which is why he has no qualms about being blunt with her.

consider it done.

what should be music to his ears but isn't because of the circumstances of how he achieved it. still, a small smile of gratitude grows on his features as he nods.

"rusturf tunnel is not a concern. we've secured it and have set up routes in the case of an evacuation. it goes both ways." while verdanturf is the easier target of the two, he cannot dismiss the possibility of rustboro being attacked. should that be the case, he needs a safe passage for his people.

"the burden is not only yours to bear. their safety is my priority, too. which is why i need you to trust me." he waves at the happy couple, who he's seen in the gardens on multiple occasions. "the league cannot function with it. the last council fell because of a lack of it. i do not know much of the current council but i only hope that you heed my concerns." 

a soft sigh, he continues.

"regardless, thank you, councilwoman."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
politics [c]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 6:31:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she can only do so much. the league is spread thin as it is and with mistrust running rampant through not only hoenn's denizens, but its own ranks as well. and not only are they short on staff, on those to carry out the grunt work, she's sort on allies. 

she's short on people she can trust.

and alexander, she thinks, might be one of those people she can trust. while she's wary of his status, of the capitalistic value he has to gain off a time of war, she can't help but consider him sincere. aeris and moxie don't exactly confirm her gut feeling, but their obvious nonchalant demeanor give her an inkling. 

she looks curiously at him. "you don't know much, but you know some things. tell me, if you were in my shoes, how would you be approaching the other councilmen?" 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
politics [c]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 4:05:52 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar

councilwoman morningstar asks a question he is not willing to answer. but, trust goes both ways. he cannot expect her to divulge information, let alone trust him, without receiving the same from him. so, for her, and for the safety of his people, he compromises and steps into the dangerous waters of politics.

" is a good man with a compassionate heart. his recent tragedy has made him more human. appeal to his humanity and he will listen."

alexander remembers the funeral and more importantly, the circumstances of councilman valeria's wife rather well. even recalling it makes his heart heavy.

" does what he wants, when he wants. but, he cares of the people just as much as we do, as evident by his involvement in the regirock incident and slateport. stay on his good side and spin it as good pr and i am confident he will lend a hand."

councilman cole is the poster boy of the league, after all.

"as for ," he starts, but pauses as if to find the words to say. all that escapes him is a soft chuckle. "i'd like to know your thoughts on councilman silph. if you don't mind, councilwoman."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
politics [c]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2019 23:10:52 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]cole, she'd pinpointed as such. the man has charm, but he's rather straightforward when it comes to his standpoint on the political battleground (of which is vehemently plain and neutral). as much as he seems to go against her nature, she admits that his assured confidence and peaceful stance do make for good pr. the people trust him, as much as they trust any league higher-up. 

her interest is delicate, but apparent, when he turns to councilman silph. she's disappointed that he doesn't have more to say, but her expression is well guarded. she by no means wishes to share her more controversial ideas that are aligned with what she believes is fernando's own, so she only nods, thinking. 

"he's a strategist at heart. i've heard many call him cold, yet i find him anything but." she pauses. "i wouldn't call it passion, but it's close. he's powerful--not only with his strength, but with his convictions. i fear a man as self-assured as he is."

she tilts her head, offers a soft smile. "and what would you say of me, alexander?"

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
politics [c]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 10:32:04 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
freya's words on the silph do little to garner a reaction out of him. all alexander shows is cautious interest, nodding in intervals as he listens to her. in truth, he has his own opinion on the councilman that he does not wish to share. alexander plays his cards close to his chest, that much should be evident to freya.

alexader does, however, find her stance interesting. it's guarded; it's a response that he would give.

"how honest would you like me to be, freya?"

he asks a question he already knows the answer to. it is simply asked to grant him more time, even if it's only a few seconds.

"kind. compassionate. you care for the people and it is clear that they care for you, too."

alexander pauses, remembering the children they passed earlier and how at ease they seemed to be even in the presence of two authoritative figures.

"but you seem guarded. cautious, perhaps. which is fine, but my only advice to you, freya, is to be cautious. personal agendas can be dangerous."

alexander only speaks from experience. smiling to break possible tension, he tilts his head in a similar fashion.

"your turn."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
politics [c]
POSTED ON May 14, 2019 1:58:11 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"i wouldn't call it a personal agenda," she says plainly, foregoing her caution. she fights by tooth and dagger, bow in her hands and fire at her whims. wordplay, political dances, this maze she's thrown herself into is starving her--there's a wild light in her eyes, ever-present, but burning brighter now with her own vindication. 

"a man who looks out for his people, who's looking for more than a few soldiers to guard his town."

she stops then, starlight hair tumbling over her shoulder. aeris and sypha coil behind her, tails twining.  "soft, but not weak. patient and practiced, far more than myself." 

she tilts her head, offers a hand. "i am not kind, alexander. i am what i need to be for this world, for these people, and most often that isn't kind. but i am loyal. by my dragons' blood, i'm loyal."

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
politics [c]
POSTED ON May 21, 2019 10:09:53 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
he stops when she stops, tilts his head when she tilts hers; locked in a political dance he's all too familiar with. his gaze never breaks, steeled-eyes meeting hers at every instance as she speaks.

"we often overlook our best qualities for the sake of humility." 

only then does his gaze break, shifting off to the two dragons behind her. "i do not doubt your loyalty, freya. i would be a fool to. but perhaps you are kinder than you think." 

a morningstar and her dragons; it is a sight he never once thought he'd have the pleasure of seeing. he extends his hand out, offering it to one of the dragonairs.

"i can tell by your dragons. there is kindness in their eyes that cannot be taught, only inherited." 

he allows a moment to pass before asking another question. "you mentioned you wanted to discuss something more personal."

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,589 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
politics [c]
POSTED ON May 24, 2019 19:54:05 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]at the end of the day, we all have selfish reasons why we do the things we do. she doesn't say this aloud, of course, because the words carry a meaning that's far too easily construed--too damaging, to someone in her position. she wants to be trusted, needs to be trusted, especially--as she's coming to realize the longer she talks to him--by the person before her. 

when she's alone, when she has her leatherback journal unbound, dissonant cursive scribbles littering the page, his name will be the first to fall under her potential something big. he will play a part in her future, whether he knows it yet or not. 

she laughs. "aeris has taught me more self-care than anyone i've known, except perhaps my parents." the motherly dragoness snorts in disagreement, though her tail flicks appreciatively. the younger dragoness leans forward and sniffs alexander's offered hand. 

she nuzzles him curiously and then pulls back, head cocked. and then both dragons slither past him as freya bounces on the balls of her feet, a new sense of excitement spurred by alexander's reminder. 

"oh, yes," she says and then turns down another street corner, backtracking her way to the building she'd left early this morning. a modest lodge, pale gray brick and overlooking the shore to the west, comes into view. 

she opens the doors for alexander and fishes out her card key, waiting until they're alone in the elevator to say, "i need some updated tech for my bow. i have a few ideas, a couple of schematics that might work, but i don't have the connections nor the scientific brain of my own to piece together what i want."