slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
giving me a chance [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 22:53:32 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
something about fernando made kim’s skin itch. the kind of itch you get under you skin and no matter how much you scratch it you just can’t get it. that kind of itch.

it wasn’t because of any bad blood between them, nothing of the sort really; kim chalked it up to words unsaid to avoid any negative thoughts on his behalf. but simply thinking about your problems won’t solve anything. he needed to confront them.

lucky for him, it was the time of year where love was in full bloom and any excuses he could make to be free from his job were taken.

his plans for fernando were all set up, a date at the same place he had planned to take his sister to but decided against; a nice restaurant with an overhead view of the sea, their specialties fish and other nautical foods.

the two would take their seats quietly as other patrons enjoyed their meals, mutterings of the councilmembers presence overheard if one would care to listen.

they got a smirk out of kim as he looked to fernando, his eyes locked with those of his dates as he began to speak.

how have you been ferny?

a simple question to start the night, nothing too prodding nor abstract, just a conversation starter for the two to bounce back on.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
giving me a chance [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 0:16:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"councilman cole would request your presence on the fourteenth."

"what for?"

"he wants to discuss matters with you at the reef. uh, he said... to call it a date, sir."

fernando sighs inwardly. typical kim.

"thanks. i'll be sure to schedule it accordingly. tell him i'll be there."

@perry excuses herself, giving him a small bow before turning to leave.

"oh, and let him know, it's not a date."

---

the passing murmur of their presence is largely ignored. a lion cares little for the opinion of sheep. this is no different. fernando holds himself to a pedestal and his eyes are on the objective. tonight, it is whatever reasons that kim thinks is worth his time. his expectations are low but surely his colleague doesn't find it fit to waste both their time on something as little as a whim.

"adequate."

fernando's expression isn't one of hate or distaste, just a deadpan silence. he keeps it professional because he knows the other as a goofball. at least from their experience at the winter ball. since then, they've been distant but due to the responsibility of their distinct positions.

"and yourself?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
giving me a chance [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 6:36:50 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
the edges of his lips curl upwards, a chuckle seeping through them as he returned the gesture.

equally adequate, if not moreso.

an oxymoronic statement of which he is conscious of.

what have you been up to lately? i haven’t had the pleasure of keeping tabs on you so i figured this was the best way i could go about it.

the public setting wasn’t exactly ideal but he had a craving for the fish this restaurant had to offer. two birds one stone.

he’s sure fernando doesn’t mind, and if he did… that's a pity.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
giving me a chance [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 7:39:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"unfortunately. i have to admit to the same on my end. this season's been hectic."

idle chatter keeps them both at bay. the distance he creates in the conversation is artificial, manufactured. a hand reaches for the serviette, unfolding it and letting it cover his lap.

"things have been okay. it's still a struggle to get things done but that's out of my hands. our hands, i suppose. logistically, the league is doing fine. what measures silph co. has on the league have bolstered our efficiencies. our military strength is still crippled but slowly rising. i think i've made the largest contribution to our numbers-- in pokemon, i mean.

the ninetales swarm, the froslass invasion, the rogue drampa. all make up instances that fernando had given his captures to the league rather then keep to himself. it might not be a fact that's touted within the league but the audit trail exists. no one can claim he's done nothing for the league.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
giving me a chance [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 23:13:41 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
unfettered by his words, kim would take hold of a glass as a waiter approached, said server filling the glass with water as another offered white wine to fernando on the opposing end of kim.

whether the offer was accepted or not the bottle would be placed in the off center of the table in a small crystalline holder, ice pushing up as the bottle was neatly tucked inside.

i hardly think personal numbers matter currently but if you would prefer to keep tally, i’d tell you to have at it.

gently draping his own napkin across his legs, a hand would flick lavender locks behind, the strands draping down the chair backend as he kept his smile.

as for me, i’ve been making an effort to continue to keep peace on top of fill in for where dahlia has left off. inspections, new hires, and request that send me to one end of the region to the next every other minute. a bit draining… and while defenses are a great asset as well as your companies investments towards this region, people seem to think otherwise.

i’m sure you already know this but the trust the residents of this region have of you is on the rocks, and i’ve been doing all i can to try and support your ideals, but at times even i can’t quell their worries of you.

lips once curled into a soft smile now took to the glasses rim, a few light gulps taken before they readjusted themselves.

though i can’t say the trust i have for you is in anyway similar to that of our populous. you’ve yet to bother me with your decision making after all.

he’d look to the glass, once more sipping at the clear liquid as their orders arrived, pre-placed ahead of time by the one who had planned this evening.

for kim, a filleted basculin with a side of linguine, its continents mixed with a variety of other seafaring meats to complement the sauce; the end resulting in an explosion of flavor as the ingredients corral within one's mouth.

and for fernando, a simple grilled magikarp with clawtzer bisque as a side. while these two are plain in their appearance, the flavor would make anyone see why this pairing is a specialty.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
giving me a chance [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 23:31:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando accepts, nodding at the server but not making a move to partake in it. wine is saved for later, for when he's allowed to lower his guard.

"it helps to keep track. auditing is a habit from silph co. documentation tickles my fancy."

fernando relaxes when kim starts to go into detail. there's nothing of value in his words, nothing he doesn't already know. honestly, both of them probably have an idea of what the other is up to, at least at a high level. it's the nuances of their task that neither seem to give up. why would they?

"sometimes it seems like the people of slateport are my only supporters. i'm fine with that. i hope to stabilize the region before popularity becomes a factor."

he pauses. kim's words are somewhat unsettling because fernando doesn't believe him. trust is hard to maintain and harder to create.

"i suppose we'll have to see how opinions change after the trip to the tower. i heard you're partaking as well? naturally, no one wants me to put a hand in the interpol operation. your thoughts?"

fernando eyes the cutlery on his side of the table but waits for kim to make the first move. his interest is solely on the conversation. his expectations on the meal are mediocre at best but that's subject to change after the first bite.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
giving me a chance [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 0:26:03 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
speak of another raid forces him a cringe slightly, an aching in his arms spurring validation in their movement as he takes a look at them; squeezing his palms together before he answered, a sigh escaping as he did.

you dying would only put more work on my head, fernando, so i would rather you be safe. but i think we both know my opinion doesn’t contribute a thing to whether you will or won’t assist in this operation. therefore, i have no opinion.

it was a waste of breath on both of their parts even bringing up the question. but some things might have been better said than left to the imagination, something he knows a bit too well for how long he’s been in this line of work.

he’d quiet down for a moment before their utensils arrived, the lights dimming down slightly as a candle was placed at the center of the table, ignited promptly after; kim thanking the servers for all they’ve done thus far.

grabbin a fork, kim began to dig into the main dish, cutting into the fish and bringing it to his lips to bite into, a few chews given before swallowing, licking his lips afterwards.

so, are you enjoying the evening thus far? i put some prep work into making it decent enough to accommodate our date today.

i wanted to to be a little more flashy, rose petals falling, a band playing in the background, a clear restaurant, but those seemed like an inconvenience to others. this is a day of love after all, and there's not much love in selfish.

shellfish though, lotta love in those, something kim couldn’t wait to taste.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
giving me a chance [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 1:03:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
kim's outward misery brings him a delight. he shows it with a mocking smile, gloating.

"i could say the same with you kim but here we are, bound for another adventure that is sure to be fraught with danger."

fernando remain observant, matching kim when thanking the service works that tend to them. his movement mimic tonight's companion but he keeps shy of licking his lips. there's no need to, not when his bites are precise and wide enough to bring the food into his mouth without touching his lips. a look of surprise flashes across his face when he tastes the magikarp but it settles down soon after.

and then kim ruins it by calling it what it is absolutely not.

"is that sexual harassment i hear, councilman cole?"

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
giving me a chance [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 23:40:20 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
a mocking smile formed as the rim of his glass once more reaches his lips, the councilman stifling his chuckles as he set the cup down.

it seems something can get under that thick hide of yours.

i’m kidding ferny, i know very well the distaste you have for that claim. but i couldn’t resist a little prodding in your direction.

besides, kim would never waste something so extravagant on someone like fernando; he’s too intense for his liking.

lets enjoy eachothers company for the time being, gods knows how long we’ll get to savor moments like these.

he’d hang an arm over the back of his chair before holding up the glass, in his opposing hand, towards fernando in a toasting manor.

we’ve both been through a lot, so it’s nice to be here ferny, even if it’s only with you.

the meaning behind his words were overshadowed by a friendly demeanor, his glass still raised to be clinked.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
giving me a chance [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 5:53:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"it's really unsightly of you, councilman cole. you know how rumors start."

fernando leaves the issue behind as he takes another bite of his meal. each incision is precise and small, polite and dutiful to keep his appearance prim and proper. the extra cuts allow them a chance opportunity to talk with an empty mouth. fernando averts his gaze repeatedly, only keeping them on kim when he speaks.

"oh? did you have someone else in mind?"

despite the banter fernando will not deny a gesture of good will. glass is met with glass and the clink promises them they'll face nothing but troubles. this is the calm before the storm and the forecast calls for fire and brimstone.