TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
our name is a bad luck charm [ hh | fernando ]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2019 23:04:30 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","threadtext"]

[attr="class","letter1"]d
ining in one of the many finest restaurants of lilycove city, la la lily, the time of day had been night. her hairstyle of choice for tonight's evening was a messy french braided boho updo. she wore a dark, and slightly ruffled, short backless boho dress. skin shown, she, too, wore for footwear a pair of black suede ankle strapped heels. a light, black handbag was within her hand. inside of it? just some handy essentials just in case an 'uh-oh' were to occur.

[break][break]

she sat at a dinner table awaiting for her brother, whom she hadn't seen for quite sometime. recently resurfacing upon the scenery, they had much to catch up on and discuss. it was valentine's day after all, and who better to spend it with then the one she loved most? as she sat at the candlelit dinner table. she merely scrolled upon her cellular device in wait for her "date"; jazzy music playing all the while.

[break][break]
mission: lovely kiss [ hh ]
[break]
party: ---
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: shall we?

[attr="class","miricredit"]window blues

[Googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400italic,700,700italic,900]
[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 17:52:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
there are few occasions where fernando goes out of his way to be prim and proper. clean and cut has always been adequate - sufficient for his purpose. a man of distinction, he puts very little merit on outward appearances. words and actions will dictate his perception. his image is crafted not by the style of clothing he wears but the tongue that lays underneath, sharper then any cut, tailored to any situation. today, for valentines, he strays outside of his norm.

had been adamant on having his suit trimmed. naturally, fernando wants no part in it. the string of choices that arise will only weigh down on his current decision making prowess. he leaves the rest to his secretary. the result? a relaxed-cut, unstructured jacket that fits the summer motif. a navy blazer weighs lightly on his shoulders. it's parted, revealing the white and blue vertical striped long sleeve underneath. his pants are a matching white with a lightly tanned belt that provides a contrast to the lighter colors. his oxfords shine with a matching color. a typical summer look and basic enough for her to acquire prior to his meeting with songbird.

there's no expense that cinnamon won't go through. a fresh high fade quiff shows the chiseled cut of his skull. it makes him look sharper, a clean shave keeping his skin as porcelain as the ice cold glare he gives off.

fernando is remarkably on time - which means he's late. he can spot songbird from miles away despite her change in appearance. her height and frame are the two things she can never really alter - or chooses not to. being one of the few dates alone at a table helps make her stick out.

a firm hand is planted on the top rail of the chair, pulling it back as fernando pulls into the seat. his smile is dim, hidden under the intensity of his stare. somethings never change and fernando's ability to appear ruthless is one of them.

"you look lovely."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
to be a flower you need rainy days.
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 18:14:30 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]a
nd you look properly well-kept." impressive. she had no idea her brother possessed such style; there was only one individual who could ready him for anything. though, that's just mere speculation. perhaps he developed a taste in fashion. nonetheless, she wasn't here to discuss the matter of who clothed him. she was simply here for a reunion. it was sometime since they last saw each other, and she made sure to choose a secluded location that not many would expect to see fernando within. she was safe, and his name was clear.

[break][break]

"our name is a bad luck charm," she chuckled, "we take the craziest of risks, just as long as the end justifies the means. danger is attached to this name." a random conversation starter, she'd add, "i learned how to survive, how to fight, and how to protect myself. all from my big, older brother. have you ever wondered if that would come to bite you back in the butt?" she playfully asked, a chuckle following. her body would come to position itself firm and straight, placing her back upon the chair and one leg over the other.

[break][break]
[break]
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: hi!

[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 19:34:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
her initial comment only brightens his smirk. it peaks out of the corners of his mouth as he averts his gaze toward the empty plate in front of him. he'll have to thank properly.

the meal means little to the overall event. being able to rendezvous with evelyn is his primary priority and to see her dolled up in yet another disguise means that little has changed. situations may falter and complications may spring up but they never change. that's why he's taken a fancy toward her.

"because you're different, evelyn. you were like me. able. capable. that's why i picked you, that's why you're the only one i recognize as a true silph." she leans back and fernando leans in. his elbows set the edge of the table, hands clasping together. his chin rests upon them. he whispers.

"so go ahead and bite."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 20:10:38 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]c
harming as always. "how have the others been? are they fairing well?" she inquired. awaiting for her response, she contemplated on how he was fairing himself. but did she need to ask? it's fernando. the man escaped death numerous of times. if anything, he was the league's greatest weapon. had he been the one to defect? one could only imagine the chaos.

[break][break]

"also, i heard of talia's denouncement of being champion." and the position was opened, "do you plan to take on the role as their new guardian of the region?" evelyn asked with curiosity. he had the skills. "they need a guardian, fernando."

[break][break]
[break]
[break]
tag:
[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 20:25:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"they are well." another lie. is not his sister but fernando knows that evelyn still regards her as so. the steaming pile of hot shit is anything but. she's reckless and wild, no different then before, but her constant meddling in his affairs had made her a pes. the slight in slateport goes unannounced if only because he doesn't want to explain the why of why he was there.

is, to his knowledge, safe and humbled. while fernando doesn't consider him a true silph, not in the regards that he does evelyn, and certainly not in the regards he holds stormy to, he'll never admit it aloud. if anything, alex is a role model for the rest of them - out of sight and out of mind. only there can they be swept off the chess board and leave fernando to his own devices.

"ah. a shame on that." fernando makes no further comment on talia's stepping down. naturally, he made no move to comfort the champion or propose to offer her the resources to care for her father. the farther he can keep her out of hoenn affairs the better. that's why he reserves his moves to keep her relatives in alive but barely. that's check.

"but i have no intention of stepping up as champion. a member of the council and silph co. is already starting to wear down on me."

he pauses, smirking.

"and you know me, evelyn. i don't enjoy battling, much less for sport. we do it because we must."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 20:36:20 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]i
it's good that they were well. it made her less worried then needed. now to address the ludicrous response, "you're aware that without the champion the league will be seen as defenseless. we do not--" a hand was placed around the mouth. did she say 'we'? "...i mean, the league, are defenseless. the gym leaders aren't enough, and they're the vanguard of this region." how could he say such a thing? being champion was more then just a sport.

[break][break]

"being champion is more then just a sport, big brother. there's weight behind such a title. the same as there is weight behind your name!" her hand was held outward toward fernando, continuing, "to leave this region without a champion is foolish. i understand we don't have an obligation to worry over something that could be seen as trivial by some. but isn't that basically telling rocket that the league is weakened?"

[break][break]
[break]
[break]
tag:
[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 20:50:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
he mention of we is enough to make him gloat. not one of superiority but at the mention of them being a unit. the satisfaction on his face paints the picture that shows how much being paired together means to him. struggle as she might, there's no denying that the two are intertwined. she can resist but in the end she can never leave him - he's raised her to be his heir. she is as enamored by his presence as he was with his father.

it's a tale as old as time. the only way for her to break free is for him to cease to exist. that's how he had broken the chains of bondage to the old bloodline. now it starts anew, unhindered, unrestrained.

"let them think what they want. an impression of being weak may hurt our pride but it in exchange they will be unsuspecting of our true strength. and when the time comes, they will know evelyn."

he doesn't mention what he knows from inside rocket. the meeting with had been crucial to his next step. the hole left by @ainsley is now repleted. rocket's projected path is no longer an enigma - he plans according and awards it the title of bishop. there's two paths it can diverge to but both are predictable. all he needs to do is keep an eye on who things proceed.

"the spot of champion is beyond my control. i have proposed an initiative to crowning a new champion but the league is not just me. push back comes with bureaucracy and merits alone do not accomplish much. their need for collaboration, for acceptance, hinders progress."

they tout themselves as friendly, accommodating, an environment that is both warm and caring but fernando knows better. collaboration only impedes his move forward. what he needs is submission and acceptance.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 21:13:50 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]i
mpression wasn't what worried her. she was more or so concerned of rocket making, yet, another assault sometime soon. there were people she did not wish to see hurt ever again. people being kyle, cait, stormy, and alex. they were enemies, but they were still considered people who were she deemed to be very close with. "you better take care of kyle," she stated. a light tint of pink broadened her cheeks.

[break][break]

"i heard you're all sending him, as well as a few others, on a dangerous job. and i think i know what that job is..." eyes once lowered pierced into the cerulean slits of her brother, "the commissioner." the rescue mission was bound to happen. she just didn't expect it to involve kyle. "if he dies the recently dethroned champion will have hell on her shoulder. how could she leave in dahlia's absence? what is she thinking? why isn't up in arms about dahlia's disappearance?!" it infuriated her that the champion could step down at this time and leave the league high and try. but why? she didn't fight for them. to abandon her duties, it just didn't make sense. "...are you going?" she asked.
[break][break]
[break]
[break]
tag:
[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 22:17:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

who the flying fuck is kyle?

fernando makes a note on the name, smiling, unfazed. there's no sign of the thoughts that churn in his mind. she's so deliciously placed a new point of leverage for him, feeding it to him straight off the plate. for that, he's grateful. just because she's his favorite silph doesn't mean she's above being threatened.

the pink of her face strums along an innate emotion in him that leaves him confused. just how much had changed since the last time they had talked. interesting.

"i have no hand in that. they don't want me getting involved. they think i'm too brutal and it'll jeopardize her safety."

fernando is known to butt into everything. he's a man who enjoys having his fingers dirtied by sticking them where they don't belong. only the league has the audacity to try and restrict him, anything to slow him down. only the burden of his responsibilities allow him to accept it without contest. hopefully a successful rescue of will remedy the shiv to his side.

still, he remains dubious.

"she's worried about her father - bad timing but there's nothing we can do to change her mind. i can understand the outrage but i sympathize."

his smile drops and he stares back at her. his eyes soften, coddled.

"i feel the same about you. i just don't have it in me to stop."

he nods and the his visage returns - sharp, strict. tenderness is fleeting, never permanent.

"so i'll be stepping in to take her spot on the mission. we'll have another member of the council and some gym leaders as well."

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 2:58:13 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","letter1"]p
rioritizing family over duty. what a foreign thing to her. she didn't believe in his words, but at the same time she did. placing your family above your duty, it was something she felt to be trivial as well. yet she cared so much for stormy and alexander, but she had a duty to do. something fernando only trusted her with. she thought about his words for a brief moment.

[break][break]

a lowered glance. she'd intake a deep breath of air, only to exhale. standing up from her seat, she'd walk over to to grant him a kiss on the cheek. her hand was placed atop of his shoulder, as she would then say, "i'm glad to see you again, fernando. even though it may be short, we only have one night together. i'm going to the ladies room, so please order for me." she gently, but forcefully, smiled. she would return soon, she just needed sometime to think.

[break][break]
[break]
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: fade 2 black.