1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 4:45:26 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

"No, you didn't." she raises an eyebrow. He seems to have taken her comment for something it's not.

"There isn't a nerve for you to strike. The fact you even think you have just shows how little you've come to understand about me."

Her tone never changes, her face doesn't either. Even her eyes agree that there's no nerve touched or bothered on her end, but the way she speaks is different, the air her comments carry doesn't hold the same weight that they normally do. Her voice is unpolished, her comments are not so deliberate in their delivery like they normally are.

"The problem between people like you and me is the game gets boring after awhile, it's all the same shit going back and forth over and over and we'll just keep going in circles without actually going anywhere." she's already sense herself doing it, wanting to repeat phrases she's said before.

She reaches for the bottle, pours herself a glass and her eyes return to him. She wondered if he'd understand.

She wasn't upset. She was being candid. And sadly this woman he seems to think is one of 'his' is brash in her honesty and his title will give him no protection from her tongue.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 5:04:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
tch.

she's right on the dot but he refuses to admit it. honestly, isra is one of the most convoluted, incomprehensible individuals he's ever had to deal with and he's yet to understand why. the sheer volume of his work has made his vetting sloppy, unobtrusive to the deep backstory that's undoubtedly there.

"until you diverge from the path."

his hand comes down and so does the glass against the table. not overtly forceful but the clink is still there.

"if you're bored, then go off the path less traveled by."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 5:35:36 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"what do you think I'm doing?" she looks at him like he's an idiot and pours him another glass, he's welcome to keep drinking.

The bottle is returned to the table, stationed between them. She takes a moment to savor the drink this time, as if she might actually enjoy it a little.

"Unless you mean a different unbeaten path in which case no thanks, I kind of like this one."

She finishes her drink, she has a feeling she'll look back over this tomorrow and see nothing but wrong move after wrong move but in the moment? everything she says sounds like a good idea.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2019 9:24:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
again. another dead end. there's no way to read her between the mixed messages that lace her up in some sort of abstract piece of indecisiveness. his lacking of caring is the only thing that tempers his patience and prevents frustration. another go at his glass mellows him out. he doesn't taste it anymore.

"if only i knew."

he keeps his hand on the glass but pushes it forward, nudging toward the bottle.

"what do you want then isra? bored but not discontent. tonight is supposed to be your night - you pick."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 4:09:58 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She understands the concept but is unsure about how to apply it. It's a notion the rest of the world wraps their head around young and to her its not how the world works. There is no such thing. There are only nights and company and unless you hate that person you do not act so selfishly. She doesn't know how to convey this disconnect any better than she knows what will give her what she wants with him. What does she want even? She doean't know.

Isra pours him another drink but does not pourone for herself. She turns her glass upside down and looks him in the eye. "Fine." she's not entirely happy, but feels like anything else she says or does will only get lost in the space between them.

She stands, pushes her chair in and walks away. Headed out the door she'll only glance over her shoulder once to see if he follows. If she gets to choose, they aren't staying here.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2019 4:37:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
she pours a glass for him but not for herself. a puzzling gesture but what else is new? the overturned glass is enough of a sign that she's calling it quits, if only for now. fernando doubles down again and accepts the drink wholeheartedly. one final slam to end their time at lucky chant's pub.

isra goes through the motions to leave and fernando follows suit, if only to honor his earlier commitment. only when he starts to stand up does he feel the lightheadedness that staggers his each and every step. it's not much of a stumble but the sheer suddenness catches him off guard. all was well so long as he kept to sitting but now that he has to stand on his own two feet - it takes a moment to adjust.

"you could always say something."

he's hot on her trail.

"i'm not a mind reader, isra."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2019 7:48:55 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Obviously." she calls over her shoulder, hand lingering on the door to hold it open for him. "This would be much easier if you were."

She's not entirely sure where she wants to go, lost in the haze of their conversation and just how much it managed to kill her mood already. She knows what she wouldn't mind and decides if he's going to say for her to talk well she might as well.

Isra stops and turns but the motion doesn't hold the fluidity she normally carries. It might not seem obvious to many but anyone who deals with her on a regular basis can see it. It's getting to her. "If we're going to keep drinking like that it's not happening public." her hands are on her hips. "Once I start talking I don't stop, I know it, I know it's a bad idea so I just won't let it happen."

A heel taps against the ground until the motion seems to be bothersome even to her. "And remind me not to be nice to you. That's why I had you pick like that because at least that way it wasn't something you hated. Now I just wish I could push you into a river instead."

She probably would have regardless.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2019 10:28:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
what a gentleman. fernando accepts her gracious nature and returns to the world outside, waiting to hear the door close to know that isra is ready to depart. the pause between them allows him to settle. he feels warmer now that he's subjected to the night's touch. it's chilly out there.

"uh huh." his comment is saturated with just the right tone to show his skepticism, mostly because he doesn't comprehend what she means. sure, at a technical, literal level, but to what ends does her talking become a bad idea? he decides against prying. he'll know soon enough.

"if i hate it and i'm willing to bear through it you must be a lucky person. you're welcome."

he smiles.

"and you got a lesson out of it. how gracious of me."

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2019 8:33:56 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

It takes her a moment to let the words sink in, partially because they have come to her before from other lips that made them mean more and her mind plays a trick on her. It gives them weight they do not carry and she knows it, or thinks she does and it is apparent on her face that she has done this dance before. The when the where and the who are not the same but she knows the part she plays in it has not.

"Just because you will doesn't mean I'll make you." she means it. The words are said with a tone as if that means something to her, like the idea of is important and she suddenly realizes what has slipped by her. Alcohol makes emotions easy because it makes her not think about them.

"I don't like your lessons, they're horrible. You should go home and fix your lesson plan before you try again." already attitude slips back in again, as if nothing has happened nothing has changed.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2019 3:09:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"uh huh."

again. the cycle repeats itself and one thing is constant, his skepticism. he feels his own forehead and the heat radiates with a steady warmth that leaves him content. he's self-aware but that doesn't do anything. knowing is one thing and action is another.

"one day you'll appreciate them."

he turns to look down the street and then in the other direction. the night's still young but his enthusiasm isn't. he keeps himself afloat on a sense of misguided duty.

"is that where you want to go?"

his stamina may erode but his character doesn't. the implication behind it isn't subtle, not with the content of their conversation earlier, but he shoot for it anyway.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2019 3:59:43 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Only if there's wine involved." she crosses her arms over her chest, she's actually pouting over his response but she doesn't know how else to take it. "The other thing I want doesn't make sense." her brows furrow at herself and she looks down the street because she didn't think she had drunk that much but she had forgotten to account for the fact she hadn't eaten yet that night. There was nothing else in her system and her mood was on the high. It made her less likely to be solemn and thoughtful and much more likely to do whatever came to mind.

She looks back at him with a certain degree of uncertainty, because she teeters on an edges. He's almost killed her mood but not entirely and she's almost wary to keep the night go lest he kill it entirely.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2019 9:09:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"and what's the other thing you want?"

another riddle and he's too far off the path to decipher what she means. maybe she's omitting it on purpose, maybe he missed a clue. without a more direct prompt there's little he can do given that he leaves the reigns to her.

"either way, it's up to you really. take your pick."

usually, being direct is the easiest path to an unknown location.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 5:38:24 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"A piano to play while I drink the wine because I'm in a good mood and it makes me want to play." she states plainly. She knows it, like many things about her is a request that doesn't fit the scene. But she only fits the scene by pretending that she belongs and in truth she doesn't, not really. Between her good mood and the growing boredom she is no longer interested in the game of pretend. "I have one at home but you can be a bit if a killjoy." her mood never seems to last long around him, she wants to think that will change but he's already managed to agrivate her tonight when she had hoped to just have an enjoyable conversation.

A hand gestures to the street before them. "You know by now I like to talk, as long as you keep talking I'll keep following. So lead the way." she never told him no,not really. By now he should know to take that as a yes.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 7:47:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"oh, you play?"

fernando feigns ignorance and shows a mix of surprise and an aloofness that doesn't fit his image. "it's up to you, isra. tonight's your night." she passes the responsibility back to him and he hurls it right back—a game of hot potato he's not zealous to lose. yet, despite this, fernando starts for one direction, feeling drunker then he should by staying idle. best to keep the body moving, one step at a time.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Stay [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 7:05:20 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
She follows, at least for now. It doesn't really matter where they go as long as something changes before the boredom sets in too strong. "I think it's pretty obvious at this point that i'm not very good at whatever that means." it still goes over her head. The idea of it, and she doesn't see what the problem is with leaving things to him. He's had no problem with taking the lead before and the fact some arbitrary sentence is somehow making that a problem irks her further.

"Just.... Never mind." she has no idea how wanting to simply sit and talk seems to have been butchered so thoroughly.