awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2019 5:06:38 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
the outer piece is but a fragment of what is within. 

alex looks up at the building — the tall seemingly normal structure that settles just on the sidelines of dewford. it has a perfect view of the ocean — hoenn's main—land is seen on the rise of its large mt.chimney. high above within the bright blue sky, clouds just barely graze the peak and alex smiles, admiring the beauty of the world around him. especially here.

hoenn is as worthy as harmony as any other. 

though, he isn't present before the process to simply admire it all. today is a special occasion. just as heavy upon his heart that alex might've even admitted to feeling slightly nervous.  i wonder what he'll think, many faces wander through his mind at that thought. there is only one that could truly make sense of it. 

when alex looks back up — he hopes to see his brother.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 2:48:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
dewford is often the forgotten part of hoenn. an island, far off from the rest of the region, is bound to lack the same attention the league provides to the mainland. sootopolis and mossdeep are the exception, crucial to the regions architecture as they sit squarely between the rest of the region and the pokemon league itself.

fernando makes the journey today not out of necessity but out of concern. by sky, the trip takes less than a few hours. the garchomp's speed play the biggest factor to it. he opts not to take boat because he doubts it'll take him long.

alex request his audience and he cannot find the heart to deny him. out of all the silphs, the quiet boy is often the most humble. that's what fernando appreciates about him more then anything - he's low maintenance.

fernando has the garchomp land by the gym due to it being the largest structure on the island. he has no idea alex would be here and had the thought to stop by the local pokemon center. meeting here is mere coincidence. the fact that it happens leaves him confused, pondering.

"alex."

his tone bears the authority of an older brother but holds the warmth of familiarity. fernando approaches, his garchomp several paces behind.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
sooner or later the fire will die.
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 4:27:47 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
endlessly the sky reaches, in his hopeful gaze he does not expect the empty blue to unveil an eventual figure. the falling sun enraptures the approaching in a prominent shadow, yet, even from here alex is already aware. wide—eyed and elated all together.

"fern—" the nickname has him reeling in sudden embarrassment, he corrects himself quickly, "i'm glad you could make it." the smile outshines the familiarity of a memory he can't quite place, his eyes lingering on the dwindling garchomp before settling back on his brother. "i didn't think you'd see me in all honesty." laughter is laced by the slightest of anxiety. 

just as quickly it has faded. 

"nice gym, right?" alex grins, passing a glance towards fernando. he doesn't want to waste any time, yet, neither can he seem to gather to courage in doing so. a heavy breath oozes by his lips, observing the outermost of the gym in complete interest. 

"lets go inside." holding onto the object at mind, he moves towards the sliding glass doors with a nonchalant gesture. within is much cooler than it is in their previous placing, a small lounge, windows that give few to the grand room on the other end. which seems to have made sense of the bitter temperature.

two aurorus, opposing in shade, have coated everything in ice. stumbling around in content with jasp barely managing to ground itself in each landing. it seems the perfect place for the colder of the pokemon.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 4:57:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
what an outlandish statement. yes, alex had been correct in his assessment. fernando shouldn't be here. meetings can always be arranged, rescheduled, put off. but for alex, fernando makes an exception. "and not see my little brother? ha." the chumminess he exudes fits their relationship but from an outsider's perspective it just feels wrong. this is not fernando. this is someone who only uses his body as a shell. this is a side of him saved only for alex.

"huh. indeed. i hope to fill it soon."

fernando doesn't put one and one together because he refuses to. having alex take up the mantle of the gym is out of the question. that's not what his little brother is supposed to do - no, he's supposed to stay out of sight and outside of his calculations. putting him on the board only complicates things no matter what his allegiance.

"alright." fernando lets alex lead because he's hoping that the request is followed by an explanation that he wants to challenge whoever inherits the gym. by now, he realizes that's far from correct. unfazed, he doesn't show the growing frustration the seeds itself in his plans. he can use this, he tells himself.

if only.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 6:03:06 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
the nearest support — being the wall — allows him to watch comfortably through the wide open view. there are many things that waver in his mind. anticipation, excitement and uncertainty for the future. in his content friends, frolicking in the icy stretch...he finds closure

"you know...ever since my accident — i feel like i've been hiding away from the world," he starts, his voice soft and steady, "serving others wasn't really my forte...and i'm pretty sure before all this i was doing a whole lot more besides running away from what i truly wanted." pausing for a moment, his striking gaze lingers on the opposite end. he muses over the next choice, by the time he realizes it, his lips are already moving. 

"i'm watching you all, move on without me...is what i thought," sightings become veiled in the descent of long lashes, a brief darkness before he faces his brother, "— i don't want that," the seriousness subsides into the same friendly smile, "you said you were hoping to fill this spot right? well, worry no longer." alex gives fernando a playful nudge, "i will become dewford's gym leader." he says it as if it'd already been set in stone.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 8:38:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"ah--"

fernando is caught unprepared. a startling experience in which he has no idea how to navigate. the fact that alex confesses in such details show the growing painstaking measures he's taken prior to coming to such a decision. inwardly, fernando relents. there's probably no chance of stopping him. he can only encourage him from here on, using his position as a pillar of support as a crux to manipulate the boy from the same stance he's always used.

"an admirable goal. i commend you, alex. i'm proud of you, truly."

fernando reaches out to place his hand on his brother's head, to ruffle his hair with the same affection he always does. his smile is matching, faux, yet convincing.

"if this is your decision then i respect it. but, if it proves too much for you let me know. admittedly, i'm a bit worried about you. i want you to pursue your dreams but i hate the thought of the burdens it will bring. i just want you safe and happy."

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 23:17:32 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
he is glad — but more than anything, he is relieved. 

as if to pass off the heavy weight by sighing, it is interjected by the gesture of his older brother. "a-ah— hey—" alex allows it, if not with a slight stagger. few strands stand opposite, like a messy bed of hair fresh from the face of slumber. he touches his head, patting it down with a harmless furrow in his brows. 

after all, alex is still bound by his lighthearted smile. 

"i appreciate the worry," he pauses, facing the window once again, "honestly, i thought long and hard about what sort of dangers it could bring...no what it would bring...and i'm prepared for that." alex has always been the softer of the silphs. although before, one could've said otherwise, he cannot yet recall his true side.

"you've always been a bit reserved...at least...its difficult for me to know what you're thinking," he looks back at fernando, "you too, if it becomes to much, know i'm always here for you... that's what family is for, right?" there is nothing but good in all that he says. the other may have forced the natural, but, not even his brother could see past that. 

at least not yet.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2019 23:48:46 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"of course. i believe in you."

at what point is it a lie - fernando's not even sure. on some levels, he does think alex capable but to the extent of what's to come. he's unsure. there is a staggering amount of plans for the future and they become distorted as more players become involved. where does alex sit? hopefully tucked away on dewford island.

"i suppose that's my weakness. i'm not much on sharing. you could say behind all the business talk i'm an introvert." fernando lets out a nervous chuckle, shuffling along to gaze into the gym. "but i appreciate the sentiment. i'll let you know if i ever need you. i know you'll be there if i ever need you, alex."

and to that, the answer lies in the darkness of what's to come. if alex wants to be a piece on the board then fernando will wield him. he dubs alex a knight - hidden, able to move contrary to the rules of the other pieces. a useful tool for an unsuspecting play to put the others in check.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 1:39:17 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
fernando has always been a mystery.

the thought has him half—wondering if some have already broken through that barrier. his siblings, to busy to usher a response, to busy to make time remain a further worry in his mind. alex is about the misgivings that settle in his gut, aimless doubts that will forever keep him wondering if everything is truly alright.

however, he pretends it isn't there. not much to be done in something that at present — does not exist. senseless rambles aren't like him. "well, now that you're here, there is something else i'd like to do," circling to the right of the lounge is a single door on the opposite end. upon opening it, allows the cool air to rush in, leaving flesh vulnerable to eventual numbing.  

jasp, rushes over immediately upon seeing the pair. its bright blue eyes filled with vigor and excitement. "would you like to battle?" he asks, equally as stirred as his companion, "just a one on one, no switches, the basic!" the garchomp seems a worthy opponent, then again, he is certain his brother always has more on him.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 10:17:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"oh?"

an interesting proposition and one that fernando is ready to match. like , fernando has no fancy in bringing out his core team. in trainer battles, he has a high preference for using one of the many pokemon he's captured but rarely used. they are the one that need the most experience and therefore are used when given the chance. in a friendly battle between brothers, fernando sees little point in bringing out something capable of devastation.

fernando smiles at the alolan raichu, giving it a mild wave but not daring to reach out and touch it.

"that's fine by me. i hope you're ready."

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2019 23:36:29 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
"i won't be using jasp for gym battles, but i know he's been wanting to battle you." the raichu seems elated by the greeting, alex gestures towards one side of the gym. it is a simple stretch of ice, one patch in particular safe at the expense of the trainers. 

"me? ready? i rather hope you are, brother." the tease is both a challenge and a reminder of his goodhearted nature. he moves towards the opposite end, waiting for the other to do so. the floating variation follows, twirling in incitement for what was to come. 

"you can make the first move!" he shouts out, the pair of aurorus moving to the sidelines to watch. static emits from the golden cheeks of jasp, further expressing his enthusiasm for this sudden occasion. this may have been a friendly battle, yet, alex was playing to win.

and more than anything — fernando was just the same.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 5:43:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando takes his spot on the other end. the overall temperature makes no difference to him. it pales compared to shoal cave. alex may hold the title of the ice type gym leader but he inherits it from his faux bloodline. like father like son, from eldest brother to youngest. fernando knows the field and acts without regards to it.

"always."

one floating pokemon is met with another. the metang that appears is left suspended, red lifeless eyes honing on the opposing pokemon. it sits in mid-air, unresponsive.

"AGILITY into METEOR MASH."

the pokemon starts to float forward, to start its advance. both hands are thrown to the side, lingering behind the pokemon's ship shaped body. the movement is predictable, a straight forward approach that's easy to read.

at least until it isn't.

anticipating the pokemon's movement distorts the moment its velocity shifts, accelerating at a surprising pace. any assessment of the pokemon's estimated time of arrival is cut in half, the distance becoming nothing as the pokemon drives forward. the arm left dangling behind it is brought forward, a metallic grey sheen emanating as it looks to deliver a devastating blow to the opposing pokemon.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 7:05:01 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
the immediate notion is just as quickly regarded. silver hovers against the glacial stretch with no burden for what it would bring. his gaze follows the charge but, it is lost in the haste. jasp is the one that must consider it more seriously. there is something off—putting.

"protect!" the looming shadow is near inches from collision. golden envelops the smaller and shields it from the attack. with such overwhelming force; it is enough to propel jasp a few feet backwards. bound by the still shelter of its radiant orb.

"calm mind!" with the barrier breaking piece by piece, the brief glow is blinding, "thunder punch!" he says yet, how the raichu handles these demands is a completely different story. the variant is airborne. contrast to the one so familiar with the earth beneath its feet — it rises further.

the singular small limb is coated by a wave of electricity. although measly in size with metang as its opponent; the two are if not on even grounds. the psychic roots and the clash of metal upon a stirring zap! raichu descends at an equally fast pace. hoping to make contact or at least paralyze the giant beast.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 9:24:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
the gold shield clashes against the metang's fist and eventually the pokemon bounds off it, both of them thrown aside by the impact. unfortunately, the METEOR MASH is not enough to collapse the barrier entirely. but that doesn't last for long. fernando doesn't need to repeat the order. the metang will not stay still, idle until another order is given. the previous command is applied until told otherwise. that's a simple enough logic for the super computer pokemon.

the raichu goes forward this time and comes in for a THUNDER PUNCH. the attack lands and metang has little regards for the damage. the impact of the blow itself does nothing to its steel frame but the electric nature seems to radiate, crackling as the electricity feeds off the pokemon's conductivity. however, up close, the raichu puts itself in an equally vulnerable spot. the punch does not flinch or paralyze the metang, not currently, so it responds in earnest, making another attempt to slug at the raichu with a left hook of a METEOR MASH.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
revision [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 6:15:41 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
raichu plummets towards the other in the flurry of a vigorous and electrifying punch. however — beneath such an immense attempt the metallic beast hardly flinches. golden traces flicker against its slate—colored form and the bright—eyed jasp blinks in surprise.

even alex is left startled. although neither truly had an advantage over the other, the battle was not meant to be that easy. metang's jagged fist — enveloped by the beautiful blue hits the smaller pokemon directly.

flung backwards the sidelines become its sudden stop. dust is forced by the contact, establishing a momentary cover. the same brilliant light oozes through crevasses of the fading cloud. calm mind has been assembled yet, the hovering silver would not know of it. sudden lightning is all that is evident.

jasp thrusts upwards and back into view. the statue of its small frame is managing, doused by the intensity of a thunderbolt. it pushes forwards at an profound speed. unsurprising of its element. "keep your distance!" he shouts. the reminder there but the friend already knowing.