1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Coincidence [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 2:30:27 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

She was running the last of her errands as night turned to day, the morning breaching over the horizon reminded her that her night was almost over. One more thing needed to be done.

Isra stepped into the elevator, slipping out of her heels as she did so, knowing that the shifting floor beneath her often made her wobble on her heels by this time of the day. Hours on them not being ideal and the disruptions her sleep schedule had been suffering as she learned to work with the people of the day became more common. It was the only reason she was in the building at that moment to be begin with.

Her parasol slipped into the elevator doors as she saw another crossing the lobby towards the elevator, she didn't really have time to kill but she would rather just let them in and be done with it. It was likely someone of some kind of importance headed up for a meeting. She wasn't looking up at that moment, just holding her parasol there until they entered.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,587 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Coincidence [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 19:51:51 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she's here to tour office spaces. though there are several smaller league centers scattered throughout hoenn, lilycove boasts one of the largest. that, and treats it as his headquarters. she's curious about his operations, and no doubt he'll find out about her searching for a more permanent residence in the city. she hasn't told him simply because she wants to know how he'll approach her about it, if at all (though she's sure he will). 

the woman she's fated to meet isn't the only one feeling lack of sleep. though she'd rested on lyune's back, she'd flown from an appointment in northern hoenn through the night. her schedule is too full and she's found herself juggling, forgetting, and delaying many of her meetings. 

an assistant would be useful.

she thinks of fernando's assistant, oddly enough, as the woman sticks out a parasol to stall the elevator for her. she's looking down, not recognizing the woman from the few words she'd exchanged with her upon meeting the councilman her first time. 

but when she looks up after stepping in to say, "thank you," she blinks and laughs softly. "oh, miss nightingale. it's a pleasure."

forgot. freya and isra exchanged words in my thread w/ spiral/fernando lol. literally just 'i have an appointment' 'ok right this way'

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Coincidence [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 9:10:05 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"Good morning Miss Morningstar." her response is second nature, a practiced greeting with the name that matches the voice filled in. Her memory is impeccable and she knows who the woman is without looking up. The bits and pieces are enough for her to know.

When she does look up she has a feeling they are both in the same boat a bit, it's not a time of the morning that anyone should be awake to experience, at least as far as she's concerned. Leave it for the pokemon. "I do apologize if I seem unseemly." her parasol drops from the door and pokes at her heels as it closes and elevator begins to ascend. "No amount of insoles and practice makes these things good for the elevator at this point in my shift." she didn't actually care but it was a matter of keeping up images. A sad requirement given the situation.

"I assume you have a meeting this morning?" though it must be with one of the others. She's quite certain she's not on Fernando's docket this morning.

The elevator lurches, the look on her face changes in an instant. She has no patience for this, and it only serves to remind her why she prefers the stairs.

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,587 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
Coincidence [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 18:09:37 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"please," she says, waving off the apology. she probably doesn't look much better than the other trainer does. sleepless circles under her eyes typically appear more prominently for her than with most others, given her fair complexion. 

"of sorts," she response, keeping to herself for now her appointment to tour some of the offices in the building. his assistant would be the perfect little bird to chirp to him that she's straying nearer. she's about to speak again when the elevator lurches. 

losing her balance, she juts a hand out to the railing behind her and grimaces when she smashes her fingers against it on accident. how graceful. the lights flicker and the telltale thrum of electricity coursing through the elevator lines wanes. 

"what a way to start the day," she says with a laugh. 

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Coincidence [hh]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2019 10:32:43 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Of sorts. That is an answer you give when you don't want to actually answer.

Under normal circumstances Isra would pry but a second lurch makes her grab the railing of the elevator hard as the contraption comes to a complete stop in the shaft it travels. The shift forces her back against the back part of the elevator and she curses at how disgustingly this morning is ending. "And people wonder why I usually take the stairs." It'd be a solid week before she walked into another one of these contraptions again.

Whatever insanity drives the woman to laugh, Isra would love if she shared a little.

"Nothing broken I hope?" Isra asks of her, not one to be callous despite her tiredness. Her eyes drift up to the roof of the elevator before returning to the keypad. Depending on what had knocked out the elevator she wasn't even certain it would continue to work.

Pulling herself together she carefully closes the gap between her and the keypad, reaching tentatively for the emergency button. She has half a mind to try and climb to the next floor and truly, if she doesn't get an answer soon enough she just might. Compulsion to keep up manners keeps her from doing it however. It'd be a rather uncouth action for a lady to take.

"I hate mornings."