1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 2:47:16 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","isratalk"]

It was an interesting proposition that Isra was in no way shape or form prepared for. The woman knew countless recipes but was greatly out of practice when it came to actual cooking. Having a cooking staff at home made it useless to practice and her other circumstances did not give the option of fantastic recipes. On many nights she just ate what was handed to her, especially now that she had moved to the Lilycove Estate as her primary location.

She was so grateful to find a familiar name attached to the event, even better when Alexei not only had an idea but seemed much better prepared for this than she was. She'd spoken with Amelia, the one who kept her alive half the time, and she'd make certain the kitchen was fully stocked. She invited Alexei to her home if only because there was more than enough room to cater to the quantity they would need to make.

"Thank you so much for this Alexei, cooking is not one of my greatest skills." She said as she opened the door. The Estate itself was no different than any other high priced, old building that could be found in the area. It was unsuspecting and quaint, the garden was large and the building multistory but nothing special, on the outside at least.

"You'll have to excuse the mess I'm afraid, recently moved in to be honest and it's been a trial to get everything settled." It was a pain in the ass really, as was evidence by the boxes half opened and emptied into the mud room she welcomed him to. It was obvious one was expected to leave their shoes and coat behind here as they moved into the actual building. He'll see more of it as they go further in alongside the variety of papers and furniture sadly strewn about in Isra's failed attempts to get her new dwelling under control.

"The kitchen should be better, Amelia spent all day making sure it was furnished and ready." And once they made it through the halls of the first floor to the kitchen he'd see what she meant. It was absolutely spotless, everything had been dug out and put away and the cupboards and fridge were filled to the brim.

[newclass=.isratalk b]color: #9ed480;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 14:16:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","coveredhills"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-top"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-icon"][attr="class","lnr lnr-cloud"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-img"]

snow-covered hills

can i sail through the changing ocean tides?

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag-2"]TAGGED

[attr="class","coveredhills-2"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn-2"]PKMN

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]kyouya braviary

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]gabriel salamence

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]vincent riolu

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]carina cutiefly

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]agni magmortar

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]marius lapras

[attr="class","coveredhills-post"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-post-1"]

“I mean, I can show you how it’s done, it’s really easy,” he began sheepishly, holding a paper bag full of supplies in his right hand while he scratched the back of his head with his left. Just as a precautionary measure, he still had the dark blue cloth brace on, but otherwise he was almost back to normal.[break][break]

All he needed to do now was to get used to carrying loads with his right arm again and hope he didn’t blow it out by going too hard![break][break]

He wasn’t exactly expecting the address to be in Lilycove’s richer part of the neighborhood, so of course he had to come severely underdressed. Wearing just his usual pair of black jeans, a shirt, one of his favorite hoodie jackets accompanied by a scarf and an ever-trusty pair of boots, he’d showed up at the address expecting to see a small, modestly-sized apartment.[break][break]

“Oh, you haven’t seen the rest of the mess that’s my apartment near the Gym… honestly, I’m also in the middle of reorganizing junk at my place. I really want a modest place for my own but you know how Fortree’s built—can only have apartments at best so I make do with what I got. And hey, I actually like a state of chaos… I’m not exactly the clean-cut, neatly-organized kind of person people seem to make me out to be, he continued, looking around in silent wonder, following Isra through the place until they arrived at the kitchen.[break][break]

“Oh. Oh, I actually brought my own supplies! I… well, I honestly thought you also had a modest apartment like my own, he added a few moments later, another embarrassed chuckle as he set down the paper bag on a nearby counter and took in the sight of everything.[break][break]

“So, are you ready to try one of my family’s special recipes… you may think of it as just plain ol’ ordinary pancakes, but they’re actually not. They’re called blini,” he began to explain, pulling out an assortment of ingredients from the paper bag—a medium-sized sack of all-purpose flour, a smaller sack of buckwheat flour, along with some yeast, a carton of milk, an entire carton of eggs, a packet of salt, and a stick of butter.[break][break]

“If… if miss Amelia has some savory toppings in the fridge, like meat, or sour cream… could you get those ready from the fridge once we’re done preparing this?” he asked the greenette a few moments later as he bustled around and began pulling down mixing bowls and wooden spoons along with a pan and some oil.[break][break]

“These blini aren’t just made for breakfast… you can eat them with either meat, or vegetables, or seafood… although in my case I have to pass on everything that’s seafood unless it’s tuna or salmon. Allergies, you see.”[break][break]

the magical actual recipe

[attr="class","coveredhills-notes"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-notes-2"]

word count: 473; swanky kitchen! :eyes:

BY: PHARAOH LEAP, FOR VEN

[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Montserrat:200,300,400,700]

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2 .a]margin-top:-1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post]padding:35px 35px 0px 106px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills] }.ch-p:hover + .ch-p-2 { opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
Defiance in her flesh, her blood, her bones; written on her soul
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 9:38:49 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

She didn't expect anything more of him than what she received when he arrived. It made his comments strike an odd chord with her. "I suppose the surprise is to be expected, my family heritage isn't exactly obvious." the Ruhan family was actually well known in Hoenn, for house hold appliances. They were the largest company in the area and while it didn't have the same prestige that something like the Devon or Silph corp carried, the company had a monopoly on the market and it gave them more than enough to work with. Since Isra did not carry the family name however, the only connection was the family resemblance through her mother's side.

regardless, she was eager to have Alexei in the estate for the night. "I'm sure the places in Foretree are quite quaint on their own." honestly it was almost weird sometimes having someone that could keep up with her in how much they said. She was used to being about 95% of the conversation. It was kind of nice to get just as much back from someone.

"But yes, she should have just about everything in here, you'd think she was feeding a small army to be honest." which wasn't a lie sometimes. When Isra had guests it was in solid numbers. That was neither here nor there however as she began rummaging through the fridge, grateful now for the layout of the kitchen. It took the shape of a large square, appliances and cupboards taking up two sides of it, one opened up into the dining area- which was just as much a mess as everyone else but still held a large table fit to seat much larger numbers than one might expect of the woman, the other branching off into the hallway they had come from through the rest of the house. In the center of the kitchen was a large square island with a second sink and stove top, and plenty of area for prep work. It was clear the place was meant to house more than just the single woman he had seen so far.

There was a pause before she turned back to him. "I think you'll find the options satisfactory when we get there." she closed the door and returned to the island. Though she had been rather active in her moving around she was listening intently. "So it's more of a multipurpose food then? These Blini?" she'd never heard of it, only been taught basic and common recipes in her youth before trying to teach her more became boring and the activity fell through.

"Either way you're in charge here my dear, I'm no master of the kitchen."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 16:18:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“Yes, pretty much—even if most people unfamiliar with Unovan cuisine mistake then for just breakfast food… kind of like those Kalosian crepes I keep seeing around,” he said with a hint of amusement as he then reached for measuring cups and began to mix together the buckwheat flour, the all-purpose flour, salt, and instant yeast with the wooden spoon.[break][break]

While he was busy mixing it together with the milk, he then turned over to where the greenette was, watching him intently as he started cobbling the dough together.[break][break]

“See, if I use just the usual kind of flour, then these would be just your ordinary, everyday kind of pancakes… the buckwheat flour gives it the distinct nutty flavor that it’s known for,” he explained as he looked at the lumpy mixture every so often, judging if it was ‘smooth’ enough to be left alone for an hour.[break][break]

“Of course, since I want to make this as authentic as possible, we have to leave this dough to rise for an hour in a warm place… can I leave this near the stove?” he asked her, several minutes of hard mixing later.[break][break]

Poking at the lump of now-smooth dough in the bowl, he then grabbed the cloth and then covered it before moving over to the fridge and leaving it there.[break][break]

“Now we wait an hour…” he said with a grin, before heading over to where there was another bowl. Separating the egg and the yolk was easy enough, so once he’d gotten the yolk off in a smaller bowl, he then dumped the egg white into another bowl and began to whip it with a whisk, watching how it looked—he didn’t want to overdo this part, it was where he usually went wrong.[break][break]

“You know how long it takes to make pizza, right?” he asked her presently.

word count: 308; feel free to ask questions!

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 20:11:05 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

Isra started to follow his movements, mimicking what she saw. She pulled down another set of dishes and utensils from another cupboard and hunted through for the same ingredients while she listened to what he said. She'd follow everything he did to a T, watching closely to be sure she made every measurement the exact same way he did. Repeating what was shown to her was a trait that she'd learned to value over the years as it made it easier for her to learn. Her visual recollection of events and items was impeccable.

"Leave it wherever you need the kitchen is all ours tonight, I gave Amelia the night off just for this." the woman had earned an extra night to herself anyway with the sort of work she did for Isra. In all honesty they green haired woman had no real ability to take care of a home on her own, something that had never been passed down to her properly in her young years. She'd always been in a place to leave it to another and luckily Amelia enjoyed the work well enough to make employing her easier than trying to keep up with the estate herself would be.

His next questions was far more perplexing and she didn't quite answer until she'd already caught up with him, making her own version of the dough that she hoped was right (it should have been, she was pretty sure she didn't miss anything) and leaving it next to his. It seemed unfair to let him do everything without at least making an attempt at it. Besides it was easier to mimic him than to figure it out on her own and this was the part she was okay at. Ingredients were like puzzle pieces and you had to put them together just right to make it work. It was the part where you had to cook something she became an utter disaster.

"I've never made Pizza before. I don't usually do the cooking." she stated plainly as she looked over at him, the usual default stare of her's greeting him- blank and mildly apathetic. If she wasn't being given an active reason to express emotion she would always return to the blankness, trained habit and one that she knew to be off putting to many. "I'm not very good at it when I try either and we don't normally eat things like Pizza." Isra didn't choose the meals either, she just ate what was put in front of her regardless of whether or not she liked it.

"I'm going to assume it's about the same time, right?" she was already subconsciously tracking the time. He'd said an hour, she could handle that.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2019 15:59:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

There was a little smile at the edge of his lips, he was happy to see that she was following along quite well—at least until they’d left their bowls of dough in a warm place to rise.[break][break]

“Wait. Whoa, back up a bit, Miss Isra. Are you… are you telling me…” he began, unable to believe what she’d just said, before continuing on, “…are you telling me you haven’t had pizza? Not even once, in your entire life?” he blurted out, before realizing that he said it accidentally.[break][break]

Looking around nervously, he was secretly glad that it was just them both I the place otherwise it would’ve been an entire mess and a half. “Come on, you… you’re not joking, a-are you, he continued quietly, blinking for a few moments before staring at her, hoping that this was all a joke.[break][break]

But from the way she said it, it… really wasn’t.[break][break]

He… he wasn’t going to allow this to stand. They did have an hour to wait, right?[break][break]

“Do you… wait, never mind, let me do this, he said as he took off the kitchen work gloves he had on and reached inside his jacket for his phone. Swiping it open, he then scrolled through the menus until he found the application that let him order for pizza whenever he was too lazy to cook his own dinner back in Fortree.[break][break]

“Yes, they have a branch here,” he muttered, quickly punching in a few options, ordering a pie large enough for them both before looking up at her and asking, “…please tell me you at least know what goes on top of a pizza?”, his thumb hovering over the list of ingredients that were ready for the picking.[break][break]

He’d already ordered a substantial serving of those deep-friend potatoes and had taken out an order for a special platter of the restaurant’s Bacon and Cheese pasta platter as well, and he’d already punched in the order for the drinks—all he needed to find out was what kind of toppings she liked and detested when it came to a slice of good ol’ pizza.

word count: 354; he is very surprised at this pronouncement.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2019 20:34:05 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"It's not that I don't know-" she's almost caught off guard by how quick he is to turn this into some kind of mission. She's not entirely sure what that mission is but she can see it in the way he's responding. He's up to something and his phone only confirms it for her.

"I just.... I never ate it really growing up. My father was a stickler for appearances if he thought something was a food for the lower class it wasn't served to us." she's frank about the matter because it's true. Many of her gaps were caused by the man's delusions of grandeur. Truly, he was the epitome of fake it till you make it but seeing as he was simply the face of the biggest home appliance brand in Hoenn she had never quite been sure where he was headed. How did home appliances compete with full on tech companies? Though a partnership with them could have been his goal as well, that could have gotten them close to his goal of being member of the upper elite in his life time.

In reality Isra's not sure what to do or how to handle it. She does in theory but the actual application of what's in her head is an experience she is still lacking and starting to work out the tactics of for herself. Though the script she has followed all her life is easy to return to she strives to find her own way of doing things- too bad she wasn't raised to be her own person, she was raised to be what was expected of her.

She catches the implication and seems almost flustered. It's not a feeling she's used to and she's not entirely certain what to do with it other than suppress it behind apathetic eyes and a doll face that's been well crafted over the years to hind any sign of emotion that isn't being selectively filtered out into the real world. "I'll eat most anything really, I'm not picky."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 14:18:28 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

He was surprised at her pronouncement.[break][break]

Lower class? Pizza? Why, forgive me if I’m too blunt, Miss Isra, but pizza doesn’t deserved to be called that. Especially not if it’s from some of the best pizzerias available on this side of Hoenn!” he exclaimed, quickly scrolling through the list of available pizzas and eventually selecting the one that had all of the major toppings on it—bell peppers, black olives, mushrooms, pepperoni, ham, onions, and to make it extra special he’d punched in for extra cheese as well.[break][break]

Looking over the order list, he was satisfied and sent the order, watching as the screens loaded through until he was brought to the check-out screen.[break][break]

“Before anything else, can I have the address for here? I only have my apartment’s address saved here,” he said with a sheepish grin, before a timer he’d set in the background suddenly went off—a sign that he had to go to where he’d left the bowl of dough.[break][break]

“Oh, the dough should have risen enough by now, I actually kept a timer, he added a few moments later. After returning to the counter and lifting the cloth cover off the bowl, he then mixed the melted butter and the egg yolk into the dough, until it was creamy enough.[break][break]

Once that was done, he then reached for the bowl of egg white and began folding it in, until there was none left.[break][break]

“And then another agonizing wait, twenty more minutes,” he said, sighing as he grabbed the cloth again and set the timer for twenty minutes this time.[break][break]

“It just takes really long because you have to make the dough rise by itself,” he continued. “But that’s what admittedly makes it all the more authentic.”

word count: 291; he is so going to order a lot just to get the full experience!

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2019 19:54:12 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I don't care about class categories." it's extremely blunt, stated with a flat tone as if this is something that should be the case for everyone but that she also knows is not always the case. She herself might not care but plenty others did. It was the reason the idea existed to begin with and it was a typical social tiering in other regions as well. Regardless, it meant nothing to her other than being a definition of what she was raised around. "It was just how he carried the household. I've been told it's very typical of him and his family to do so."

She's not really sure why he seems almost upset in a way at it being called that, probably because she didn't call it that she was just reciting how someone else had. She didn't care, she didn't even pick what was for dinner most nights. It was one of those things that to Isra, just wasn't really worth trifling with when she had more important endeavors to deal with than what food she was going to eat.

Isra is mid rattling off the address for him when the alarm goes off and she moves to join him at the counter, watching what he does with his dough before she follows after. The two of them looking like an interesting pair in the kitchen. Or maybe that is only her since she would have never thought she'd be doing something like this. It seems so mundane and out of place in the life she's spent most her time living. "I imagine this is how you do things when you make it from scratch right? That's how it's always been done by the cooks, but I've never really done it myself. It's quite alright if it takes awhile."

Now that they had a wait and all the things about food and the like was something she kind of wanted to leave behind for the moment. She just felt kind of awkward about it. Mostly because there was a social disconnect there and she knew it. "So... did you get to look into that coin I showed you?" A different direction, she wasn't sure she'd get too into any of it right now but she wanted to ask and see if he'd been curious enough or not.

Because of course with Isra, curiosity would be considered a proper measurement of whether or not someone was worth her time.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2019 15:38:57 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“Forgive the insolence, but… your father has a really uninteresting way of running things,” he began quietly, checking on the covered dough once the final timer had gone off.[break][break]

Now that the dough was ready, he then made his way over to the stove, picking up a skillet that he presumed was for frying pancakes and started up the stove.[break][break]

Laying on some butter and quickly greasing the pan, he then turned the heat up to medium-high, before scooping up small portions of the dough and dropping them around the hot skillet, letting them sit there for roughly what he guessed was a minute until the batter began to bubble.[break][break]

Reaching for a spatula, he quickly flipped the small ‘pancakes’ over, letting the other side cook for roughly thirty or so seconds. When he was sure they were done, he then reached for a plate and then began sliding them onto it, before partially covering the first batch to keep them warm.[break][break]

“Well, they cook like pancakes, no surprise there… and yes, this is how it goes when you make it from scratch,” he answered, backtracking to her question from earlier as he began to ladle out more scoops of the batter and cooking them with the heat coming from the skillet.[break][break]

Spreading butter around as needed, he continued to slide off the small pancakes, watching as the pile on his plate grew larger and larger.[break][break]

It wasn’t until the last question she asked did he look up.[break][break]

“I’ve gotten into the history of Kalos. Three thousand years? And then there was something about… it gets a little confusing since there’s like two source materials. One speaking of a sudden burst of life, and then the other one’s about a sudden spread of death… chaos, he mused, going over the mental notes in his head.[break][break]

“And then… not sure if there was mention of someone who’d managed to find a way to… become… Miss Isra, forgive me, but becoming immortal? Is that possible?” he asked her quietly, having scraped the bowl clean out and now cooking the last of the dough into a pile of pancakes.

word count: 356; ooh, exposition.

close tab

played by

Endless

The Nightingale
She/her
Twenty four
November 11
Slateport
Heterosexual
Assistant
executive
awards
1,346 posts
part of
TAG WITH @isra
Isra Nightingale
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2019 8:03:03 GMT
Isra Nightingale Avatar

"I tend to agree." she's rather blunt about it, seeing no point in hiding it. She frankly thought her 'father' to be one hell of an asshole and now made many efforts to have as little to do with him as possible. besides her place within the family was, as always, the outcast and he had been eager to be rid of her. There was no reason for her to feel differently about it. Though truly, deep down, she was apathetic about the whole thing. As long as she continued to get what she wanted that was all that mattered.

The woman watched him, following his leader after his first batch. It seemed easy enough but this was the part that was a problem. The batter made it to the pan but as they continued to talk...

"If so then it would be only by unholy means. I believe that many things are possible but there are certain things that should not be delved into." she stares as the cooking blini, despite it registering in her head that she should do something with them she is distracted by a train of thought she finds it hard to break from. She turns to him and continues to talk instead. "There isn't a lot left about that war and what came of it, much of what is left is also very vague and almost none existent. We know bits and a solid piece of evidence has gotten more and more difficult as the years go by."

"What else did you find?" by this point she has forgotten the food. She's never been a fan of cooking anyway.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
Something Sweet [hh]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2019 12:51:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

Whle his batch of pancakes were done, he then saw that there was another bowl that they could use, and he reached for her bowl with a hasty, “Hope you don’t mind,” before slathering more butter into the skillet and cooking up the rest of the dough. He didn’t want to put that dough to waste, after all.[break][break]

As the last of the blini was cooking, his phone then went off with a chirping noise, before he quickly tilted said pancakes into the rather mountainous pile they had now and ran for said phone. Checking the notification, he then wiped his hands down on the apron, apologizing with, “Oh, please excuse me, the pizza’s already here!” and with that he made for the front of the house, pulling out his wallet and quickly doing some math as to how much he’d be paying.[break][break]

It doesn’t take too long for him to return, laden down with two boxes of pizza and several other boxes which he knew contained the potato slices, chicken, some bacon and cheese pasta, along with a couple of bottles of soda.[break][break]

“Well, we have dessert in the blini, and here’s the rest of the food! Honestly, Miss Isra, you should take a look at more of the food that the middle class indulges in… it’s not half-bad as you think,” he said, making sure to lay out everything on the table, opening up the boxes of pizza and laying out the rest of the food.[break][break]

Making his way over to the fridge, he then gets a bucket of ice and some glasses before pouring out some soda and sliding a cup over in her direction, before getting some plates and then piling it with some slices of good old Hawaiian pizza and the classical all-meat paradise, with a part of chicken, some of the potato slices, and some of the mac an’ cheese.[break][break]

“Let me know if it tastes good. They’re a very nice pizza place I found in Fortree when I first moved into the place some time ago,” he shared, assembling his own plate and then getting a couple more dessert plates, piling it with the blini and then stacking a serving in front of her as well as himself.[break][break]

Back to her question, though…[break][break]

“There’s little else, except that Geosenge was apparently the pace where it all happened. Some kind of… ‘ultimate weapon’ being built there… and that was where, supposedly, rumors said it was built to revive a dead Pokémon… but you can’t revive the dead, right,” he replied quietly, taking a sip of the soda and attacking the pizza with reckless abandon, holding the slice up and folding it before eating it quietly.

word count: 451