2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 15:49:23 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait was no breeder - nor did she have any interest in the profession. but she surmised due to her status as a herbalist and the large quantity of pokemon she was in possession of she made for the next best thing.

"this is silly," she huffed. "
ridiculous, even.

still, she accepted the plea for help. lavaridge neighbored mauville, so it had only taken a handful of hours to make the trip. due to her having received the request roughly several days ago, she had been given an ample amount of time to prepare. her satchel was filled with a few items that had been recommended by her aunt, and she had also called upon lopez to accompany her for the duration of the mission. 

'he was in the area - so why not?'

they were to meet outside the pokecenter before making their way to where the pangoro were being kept. she had arrived roughly ten minutes late, the strong winds that swept the air having caused her tropius a decent amount of trouble.

"
sorry i'm late."

she'd apologize once she was within ear shot of the fellow, managing a slight albeit strained smile as she approached. 

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 20:58:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Oh. No big deal."

It was obvious that Kyle was late as well. Hunched on a bench just outside the Pokemon center, once could find his head drenched in sweat and his face pale with fatigue. Every breath he took was heavy and the hoodie he wore was slightly unzipped for him to cool down. He had just gotten to the meeting place a minute or two before Cait, rushing himself just cause he almost forgot about the thing even after Cait had just called.

"You deal with breeding as well? I thought you only do plants."

Kyle had some 'experience' when it came to breeding, but most of it just involved lingering around farms as a child since they had a large space for kids to work on. On hindsight, he never did observe how work on a breeder ranch worked since he assumed all they did was keep the larger Pokemon around, tend to the fields, and let them graze on their leisure. Hopefully, Cait was prepared since Kyle, too, was useless for this.

At the very least, he did play farming games before. He wasn't sure how that would come into play for this though.

"Anyways, where's your client gonna be at?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 23:05:03 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"not far. it's why i wanted to meet at the center - it's roughly a mile from here."

cait gestured for kyle to follow her lead, her lack of enthusiasm obvious as she unhurriedly made her way toward the client's address. 

"
if we're lucky, it shouldn't take too long to get this over with. an hour at the most."

her gaze shifted until it settled on the nearest sign post. she was unfamiliar with lavaridge's layout, but it wasn't too difficult figuring out where her destination was located. several blocks later and they'd arrive at what appeared to be an ordinary home, and she'd re-check that it was indeed the right place before knocking the door. 

"y-yes? hello?"

an old woman opened her door and squinted suspiciously at them.  

"
hello - i'm miss alfric and this is mister lopez. we're here to help with your pangoro?

her client relaxed after a moment spent eyeing the pair before opening her door fully and allowing them inside without a fuss. 

"do you mind if i borrow your kitchen for a bit? we'll make sure to clean up after ourselves."

the woman considered the request before nodding her head and pointing in the direction of the tidy cooking space.

"
know your way around a kitchen, kyle?

cait asked this as she removed her satchel and placed it upon the counter, a teasing smile taking shape. 

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2019 23:56:08 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Pangoro." The words were repeated softly amid the conversation.

Now he knows why Cait did not look like her usual self.

They were aggressive and hostile, a bit uncontrollable even. They're also big and bulky, physically strong and capable of knocking both of them out with a single blow even without using any moves. Their supposed job was to get two of those Pokemon to make love or something. Before he could even assess the situation of the pair of Pangoro in question, Kyle was ready to give up before it started.

"Kinda. As long as it isn't the complicated stuff, I should be fine."

He'll just follow her lead here, he supposed. Kyle would have been a decent breeder, or at least, that's what his neighbors said back when he was a child. He was observant and careful to his Pokemon according to them. Maybe it was just them humoring the youth. Kyle was gullible as a child despite his perception.

His attention would go to the bag of herbs that Cait brought, or so that's what he guessed it contained. He didn't have knowledge of herbal medicine, if ever some of them would have effects that were useful for breeding, to help with the situation either. Not unlike a child, he'd simply stare at Cait as she prepared. A confused look from him would flash at her as he tried to make sense of the question.

"We cooking these or something?"

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 2:31:54 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
she nodded. 

"we are."

cait carefully pulled free each herb, the plants appearing dry, brittle and in an almost crumpled state. she'd retrieve a chopping board next before proceeding to dice the edible items into smaller and far more manageable pieces.

"
can you grab a pot and boil some water? half a cup'll do.

the girl peered down at the combination of herbs before dipping her head and giving them a whiff. their combined scent was strong - almost overwhelmingly so - and her face pulled into a tight grimace as she made her way over to the sink to wash her hands. 

"
when it's done let me know. i'm gonna see if i can use the bathroom here. i've been holding it for a while now. don't touch the herbs, please.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 3:20:59 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Okay."

He gets a pot, fills it with water, and boils it. Kyle doesn't touch the herbs cause he's a good boy and does what he is told. He doesn't know what they do, or even if the ones she had were even legal. They probably are, given that it's Cait, but it may just be some kind of plant that everyone's ignorant about so the ones that do get a pass from growing and cultivating them.

He'd look at Cait as she went to the bathroom. "Are you doing a number two or..." he calls. He doesn't want to be alone in a strangers house no matter how used he is to the situation. It just felt awkward.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 13:35:00 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
she didn't dignify that age-old question with an answer.

"i'll be back when i'm back."

cait offered him a wave before disappearing around the corner of the unfamiliar house. the woman returned five minutes later and eyed the lightly bubbling pot. she'd then gently nudge kyle away from it to take over, checking the amount with a glance before returning to her chopped herbs. after lifting the chopping board and depositing the combination of plants into the pot a strange scent filled the kitchen.

it wasn't entirely unpleasant scent - more so odd than anything else. 

"
my aunt gave me this recipe," she explained, observing as the water became a sickly shade of green. "it's like an aphrodisiac for warm-blooded pokemon. my auntie's a breeder, so she uses it fairly often. i'd have prepared it before getting here, but she recommended it be freshly cooked prior to being administered.

while they peered at the bubbling brew, cait decided to introduce casual conversation into the mix.

"
how's everything been lately?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 23:31:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
Five minutes... So, it was a number two.

He watched her put the cut up leaves and vegetation into the pot, much like a tea. They were supposed to get the Pangoro to ingest this, and he hoped that doing so through any means was allowed. Pokemon just don't try and eat anything they see if they were smart, unlike his Mightyena. They get too relaxed whenever their trainer's around. It's like it's his job to make sure they're alive instead of the other way around sometimes.

"I met up with an old friend for the first time in months," he answered her question. "Apparently, she's done that to a lot of her friends, and some of them, uh, didn't take kindly to the news she brought. Felt bad for her, but she reaps what she sows, I guess. Have that happen to you lately too?"

He looks curiously at her mixture, its aroma filling the kitchen pretty quick.

"Does that work on people too?" he asks. "It's an unrelated question to the earlier thing with my friend," he quickly adds. He'd defend himself more, but it would just feel like he would be getting defensive. It was just a spur of the moment thing to ask, which, on hindsight, wasn't so smart considering the topic they were talking about.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 4:43:52 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the young woman stifled a laugh. 

"'does it work on us'?" she parroted. 

cait couldn't help but grin at the question, an amused smile twisting at her painted lips.

"
that's actually a really good question," she replied. "i'll need to ask my auntie."

she reached and turned the knob on the stove to turn off its heat. once everything began to cool and the liquid contained within the pot had been reduced to a simmer, she'd prepare two separate cups and fill each with the brew. 

"
and you'll have to elaborate for me, lopez. what did your friend do, exactly?"

she'd say this as she added a small amount of sugar to reach cup. it was enough to improve the taste by a decent enough margin - and hopefully the pangoro's mistress could convince the pair to accept the drink.

"
i'll hand this over to our client and we can head out. unfortunately it may or may not work," she continued. "there's a fifty-fifty chance of this getting them in the mood.

qoHxMl1p

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 3:51:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Eh, it's just some stupid shit like getting pregnant with a stranger's baby. Nothing to worry about."

He supposed he shouldn't pry deeper into Cait's opinion about . He knew the girl well enough to at least get a gist of what her opinion about it would be. Forcing himself would just either bring the conversation to the topic of politics and warfare or bring it to a complete silence, none of which sounded like a pretty good choice.

"It's better than a fat zero percent, at least," he quickly adds as Cait went ahead with the tea.

It was a good thing that the two of them wouldn't be forced to administer the solution to the Pangoro themselves. It was a hassle, not to mention dangerous. Giving the task to a person that the Pokemon were familiar to was a smarter choice. It was less of a bother for Kyle too, since he just realized he basically was just there to sit and look pretty. He didn't have an qualms with it anyways.

"Let me know if it doesn't work!"

If it worked, then good, they have the aphrodisiac. If it doesn't, then maybe he can try a sample of it. It smelled weird, but all the weird smelling stuff usually tasted good. Perhaps a taste wouldn't do him any harm.

7thqoTQa

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
herbal remedy . [ hh ]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 0:57:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
THE RESULTS

[attr="class","ipad"]
IS LOVE IN THE AIR?[break][break]
upon administering the tea, the pangoros get cuddly. they get close physically, seemingly engaging in a courting dance. however, one suddenly conks out. and then the other. they collide on the ground, snoring their intimacy away...[break][break]

should try the tea, he'd find that it's an effective aphrodisiac for himself.[break][break]

MISSION COMPLETE
[break]
50 pokedollars, 1 infamy, 10 heart scales.
[break][break]

NOTES[break]
if you have any questions, let me know! enjoy![break][break]
&

[googlefont=Montserrat]