2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
misunderstanding . [ private ]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 14:57:21 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait had successfully convinced stormy to meet her in ever grande city, hopeful that the woman's mood had improved since their previous encounter. a day had passed, which allowed stormy an ample amount of time to calm and clean herself up. within that time frame cait had received some news about apollo, the stallion's condition having improved considerably since his ill-fated encounter with fernando's charizard. 

"stay still, baby girl. lemme get your bows just right."

she was currently occupying ever grande's most popular park in the small hours of the morning. with an accessory in one hand and a brush in another, she brushed her granbull's short and glossy coat. the pokemon shifted as she did so, having yet to grow accustomed to the sensation of being groomed. 

"
there we go."

cait secured the green bow at the canine's ear and smiled broadly. 

"
now you're looking half-decent."

the fairy gently prodded at the fabric, blinking in bemusement all the while.

"
be careful now. we don't want it falling out."  

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/210.png

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2019 23:49:12 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]
[attr="class","frphoetops"]
[attr="class","frphoeimgs"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics"]

HIGHER AND HIGHER[break]YOU CHASE IT

IT'S DEEP IN YOUR BLOOD, GO AND TAKE IT

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotess"]
[attr="class","frphoenotess2"]

some notes can go heeeeeeeere. it'll scroll if you write enough, which - future me - you will inevitably do because you have no idea how to shut up. ouo

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs2"]

[attr="class","frphoeposts1"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts2"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts3"]

The person that Cait had seen in the elevator wasn't a true example of who she was as a person.[break][break]

When Cait had insisted they meet up and talk things through, she had been... hesitant. Not because she had anything to hide, but because she was afraid of her own insecure and unstable emotions.[break][break]

Even still, she couldn't bring herself to let down her one true friend. In fact, she had even brought a present. She had remembered the incredible gift Cait had given her all those months ago(?) and had diligently searched for some way to thank her.[break][break]

She had recently stumbled upon a hapless, goofy Simisage. It had been injured as a result of a forest fire - fortunately not caused by Stormy - and she had captured and rescued it. Seeing as grass-type Pokemon were in danger in her party she figured it was much safer and made a lot more sense for it to go to Cait.[break][break]

Not far ahead, Stormy caught sight of Cait. Her friend was crouched next to a purple canine, fixing a bow to its fur. Stormy approached slowly, holding a pokeball in her hands as she hid them behind her back.[break][break]

"Cait!"

[attr="class","frphoelyrics3"]

WELCOME TO THE WAR WE'VE ONLY BEGUN, SO PICK UP YOUR WEAPON AND FACE IT

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1 b]10px Roboto;color:#dea02c[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2019 4:55:49 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"stormy?"

she raised her head once called, her pokemon having already shifted to face the brunette.

"
hey!

cait stood from her kneeling position, her gaze shifting to sweep across stormy's form. the woman appeared to have drastically improved within a short period of time, her face no longer weary nor showing signs of her previous encounter with her older sibling.

'stormy's always been just that good at bouncing back.' 

"
i'm happy to see that you're doing alright," she said.

the freckle-faced gym leader cocked her head to the side as she noted that stormy's hands were being purposefully held behind her back. yet she deigned not to comment, instead focusing on addressing her directly.

"
oh - um! this is granbull."

her granbull was presently positioned behind her, wearily peeking past her mistress at stormy. 

"
she's a bit shy," cait supplied. "but that's typical in granbulls, i heard."

the grin on her face broadened out some, the look hopeful. 

"
apollo still doing alright?"  

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 4:33:04 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

some notes can go heeeeeeeere. it'll scroll if you write enough, which - future me - you will inevitably do because you have no idea how to shut up. ouo

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

Unable to keep a secret, she interrupts Cait just as she's about to introduce her to her Granbull, and before she can ask her how Apollo is doing.[break][break]

"I have something for you!"[break][break]

She blurts it out, bowing her head a little as she presents the pokeball. [break][break]

"I suck at hiding things, so there's no point in trying. I found this guy all burned up from a forest fire, or at least I assume that's what it was. I helped bring him back to peak condition, but it's too dangerous for him to train with my team. He'll be perfect with you, though, I guarantee it."[break][break]

At the end of her speech, she catches her breath, smiling nervously. [break][break]

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."[break][break]

She then leans down to pat Granbull. [break][break]

"You look very pretty, by the way."[break][break]

Her compliment is geared towards the purple bulldog, but it's also a little bit towards Cait.[break][break]

Stormy brushes her hair behind her ear as she stands up taller, taking another deep breath to situate herself.[break][break]

"I am doing better, yes. I'm sorry for how I acted earlier, you didn't need to see that. Apollo has fully recovered, thank goodness."[break][break]

At the mention of him, she releases the stallion. He stands proudly, though he now adorns brand new scars along his neck where Fernando's Charizard had torn into his mane with dragon claw. He looks healthy though and indifferent, the same as he usually was.[break][break]

Stormy smiles at him, though there's still a hint of concern in her eyes. It's obvious she hasn't entirely moved past the whole incident.[break][break]

"See? Back to his usual aloof self."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 10:32:20 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
granbull wagged her tail in reaction to the ranger's touch and even began to gradually relax within her presence. 

"a pokemon?"

cait appeared genuinely surprised as she was presented with both the pokeball and the story behind it. her face soon split into a broad grin, and she'd happily accept the contained creature. 

"
thank you, stormy," she said, the look on her face soft. "i'll treasure him."

the young woman was half-tempted to see what was inside, her eyes shimmering with excitement at the prospect of a new team mate. 

'i'm sure they'll love my sanctuary at the gym.' 

she'd tug her gaze away from the capsule she had been gifted to eye apollo. the stallion was just as she remembered; scarred and proud. 

"
hello, handsome," she greeted, warmly. 

cait was far more confident in her greeting this time around, having adopted one or two fire-types for herself since they had met last. after pocketing the capsule, she'd approach the rapidash and lightly brush her fingers across his freshly healed wounds. the new additions made him appear fierce - even frightening.

"
looks he's healing well. i'm happy he didn't need any stitches."

she was also thankful that he tolerated her enough not to burn her on contact, the heat he exuded soothing as opposed to painfully hot. 

"
you look better."

she shifted her focus toward stormy. 

"
i wanted to get to you sooner; but my meeting with councilman silph was pretty long.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 18:07:40 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

"You can open it, you know. I'm not actually very familiar with what he is, I was sort of hoping you could tell me."[break][break]

Stormy is blushing, looking down at her feet bashfully. Presenting Cait with gifts grants her no end of pride. The woman is her best friend, and she deserves the world.[break][break]

"Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with what her moveset is. She's quite shy and didn't really give me much insight into who she is."[break][break]

She seems a little discouraged to admit that, but she quickly bounces back over how excited Cait appears to be. The woman is soon distracted, however, by Apollo.[break][break]

As Cait approaches, Apollo watches her with a steady gaze. He isn't nervous in the slightest, just cautious. He isn't afraid of her, but to some extent she is still a stranger.[break][break]

Her hand brushes against his new scars, and his skin seems to jump and roll beneath her fingers. He exudes a small amount of heat and soon shakes out his mane, turning away from her. [break][break]

"Don't mind him, he's not overly.. I'm not sure what to call him to be honest."[break][break]

Stormy nods, however, in response to Cait saying he didn't need stitches.[break][break]

"Blissey helped immensely with that. She's become a very good healer."[break][break]

Apollo raises his head again to gaze into Cait's face. After a moment, he inches a little bit closer, just close enough to blow warm air from his nostrils. He blinks slowly before walking away. [break][break]

Stormy blinks as Cait resumes talking to her, this time mentioning Fernando.[break][break]

"Political business is always more important, Cait. You don't have to apologize, I understand the urgency."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 18:41:56 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"it wasn't exactly urgent," she elaborated. "it's just i make appointments with your brot -

cait shot her friend a glance, carefully gauging the ranger's reaction before she amended her choice of words. fernando's and stormy's relationship was deeply layered and complex, and she feared triggering a negative response from the woman if she made a verbal misstep. 

" - 
with councilman silph - " she continued, correcting herself. " - weeks ahead of time. he's a busy man, after all. we were just discussing my new budget plan, actually. it took me days to write up, you know?

the young woman shot stormy a hopeful look.

"
when you're a gym leader you'll be doing the same, i imagine," she said. "you know, i honestly didn't expect that i'd be traveling less and working more. it sucks - but i love my new home. and i'm starting to love my new job, too."

she had feared that the people of mauville wouldn't accept her due to her originating from fortree city. but she had managed to sway  quite a few by creating a speech and openly labeling herself an outsider who wanted nothing more than to serve the people of mauville. cait had also made sure to lightly sprinkle their motto throughout her speech. 

"
mauville. the bright and shiny city of fun."

cait chuckled softly and shook her head.

"
sorry you couldn't be there for my acceptance speech," she said. "but i'll make sure to be there for yours when it's your time to shine."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 22:58:50 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

Cait's attempt to choose her words carefully does not go unnoticed. In fact, it serves as a reminder that Stormy has acted out of hand on more than one occasion, enough for Cait to worry about upsetting her. Stormy feels her cheeks grow hot with embarrassment before Cait turns the conversation away.[break][break]

"He is busy, yes."[break][break]

Her words are stiff, but only because of personal experience. To her, he's never seemed all that busy, simply disinterested in meeting with her, specifically. [break][break]

"When I'm a gym leader? Somehow I doubt that will ever happen. Everywhere I look there's another wall to climb over. Thank you for the optimism, though."[break][break]

The smile on her face is genuine. [break][break]

"I'm starting to like it here too. It's not Kanto, but it's nice."[break][break]

Though her mention of traveling less sends a pang of worry in her. Stormy has always been a free bird, unable to be tethered to the ground. Her passion sided with taking chances and being a little bit reckless if only to try new things.[break][break]

"Thanks, Cait. I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there either."[break][break]

As far as she knew, Cait had been given a gym leader position in Mauville not long after she had embarked on a mission to rescue the commissioner.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 0:10:59 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait frowned at her friend, taking in both her tone and choice of words.

"don't you want to be a gym leader, stormy?"

she'd curiously glance in the general direction of where apollo had trotted off to before continuing to speak. her granbull settled upon her rear at her mistress's side, peering up at the pair curiously as they continued to interact. 

"
i know it's a lot of responsibility," she said. "and i know there's a lot to get in the way of acquiring the position - but there's a good reason for it."

cait fell abruptly silent as she mulled over how to properly word the explanation to follow.

"
there's a lot of hard work involved. but above all else it's expected that you obey the will of the council. despite the position being prestigious - we're still at the bottom of the rung. we have a lot of authority over our respective cities and a decent amount of influence - but not much else."

the gym leader released a quiet little sigh, her expression somber.

"
you know that i'd love for you to be a leader, stormy," she murmured. "but only if it's what you really want. despite what i said there's still a lot of political power to be had - but you've got to exchange some personal freedoms for it.  i can't live with my family anymore - not really. and nowadays i only ever leave mauville to either work or train and that's it."

there was a hint of pain there because cait missed visiting her family on a frequent basis. but everything she did and would do was to protect both them and her region, and she was willing to sacrifice all that she had to do just that.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 15:52:25 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

Did she want to be a gym leader? Yes. But unfortunately, she was susceptible to influence, and her brother was quite an intimidating individual.[break][break]

"I do, I just have a long road ahead of me. I'm here to protect Hoenn. This is my home now, and I refuse to let it fall. I'm not afraid of responsibility and taking orders from the council - I just don't need Fernando breathing down my neck insisting that I'm worthless and too immature to lead a city."[break][break]

There's firmness in her voice, and for the first time, she sounds sure of herself. This is definitely something that she wants. Lavaridge gives her hope, something to look forward to. She's positive she can make a difference and protect that town. [break][break]

"You're only stuck if you believe you're stuck, Cait."[break][break]

She winks.[break][break]

"I know what you're trying to say though. But you're only as busy as you make yourself out to be. There's still freedom to be had in becoming a gym leader of Mauville, you just have to take charge."[break][break]

Stormy takes notice of the pain in Cait's voice when she mentions her family.[break][break]

"Becoming a leader doesn't mean giving up everything that means something to you."[break][break]

Perhaps what she's saying is selfish, and maybe Cait won't agree. But it's what Stormy is passionate about.[break][break]

Apollo continues to graze by himself, ears flicking idly as the occasional bug zips around his head. [break][break]

"I'm excited to see what Lavaridge looks like, and what I can turn it into, though. I've been up there that way before, but I haven't had the time to really look around."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 17:12:12 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
cait blinked in response to stormy's insights - though she wasn't entirely certain of how she viewed them on a personal level. on one side, the ranger was correct in her assessment that a portion of her burden was self-inflicted; yet cait believed the hours, days and weeks she had spent bolstering her city's defenses whilst maintaining a near constant presence within its borders weren't at all a waste. 

"i... suppose," she responded, indecisively.

she'd settle a hand upon her granbull's head, mulling over the words that had been spoken. 

"
we should go there together sometime. i've always wanted to try out their hot springs," she said. "i think i can take a day or two off for it."

spending time with stormy sounded like heaven right about now. and when she was a gym leader - and she would be - cait was absolutely certain that they'd see one another on a regular basis. 

'i'll just say i have business there. we'll basically be neighbors, so it won't be too much of an issue.' 

"
how has everything been lately? spend time with anyone on valentine's day?

cait had heard the occasional rumor here and there, and she was very eager to hear what stormy had been up to on that day in particular. 

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 17:54:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

Cait's response isn't confident, but Stormy takes it regardless. The two are vastly different people with different ideals. It's why they work so well together.[break][break]

"Yes, we should! It would be fun."[break][break]

Truth be told, she had already visited the hot springs in the past. It had been incredibly relaxing, she could definitely use another round of hot water therapy.[break][break]

She sighs just thinking about it, feeling the stress and tenseness leave her shoulders in her imagination.[break][break]

Cait's voice distracts her from her fantasy, and she blinks in confusion.[break][break]

"Huh?"[break][break]

Valentine's day? At the mention of it, she blushed a little, her thoughts immediately flocking elsewhere.[break][break]

She laughs shyly, as if embarrassed to admit she has taken a fancy to someone.[break][break]

"Well.. I did, actually. I asked Alexander Stone on a date. We... we had a lovely dinner, actually."[break][break]

The thought of him causes a butterfly to fly frantically in her stomach, and she shakes her head.[break][break]

"There is another young man though who's caught my eye. He's a ranger like me. We've done a couple of missions together and have become good friends."

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 18:04:52 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"alexander?"

cait stared at stormy in alarm, a look of surprise frozen upon her features. 

"
you were on a date with the ?

she searched stormy's expression, struggling at first to discern if the woman's admittance was indeed a genuine one.

"
oh my gods, you were."

the freckle-faced woman brightened considerably, the grin on her face broad as she released a laugh tinged with joy.

"
that's amazing, stormy," she remarked. "you have to tell me everything. is he a good kisser? does he have a sweet body underneath those nice clothes of his? how is he in bed?"

her last words were whispered, her tone a conspiratorial one.    

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 19:05:35 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]

[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
]

[PTab=
]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[PTab=
]

Stormy blinks in surprise at the incredulous response Cait has expressed. For a moment the woman doesn't seem to believe her, which makes Stormy a little sad.[break][break]

Alexander isn't an unfamiliar name in Hoenn - he's a Devon Corp child and the Rustboro gym leader. Ever since she had landed in Hoenn, courtesy of Alex's reach and influence in rescuing her from Kanto, she had been living in an appartment paid for by him.[break][break]

Cait laughs, and Stormy isn't sure how to respond yet.[break][break]

"Uhh.. we haven't kissed. We just went out for dinner and talked. He's a childhood friend. I really.. I'm not sure that he's interested in me in that way."[break][break]

The blushes, but is a little sad to admit this. Months ago they had held hands on the Slateport beach, long before it had been seized by Team Rocket. But that act of affection could have been miscontrued, it may have been a simple, friendly gesture with no romantic element.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2019 19:22:31 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"why wouldn't he be interested in you?"

cait eyed the young woman, having detected the underlying sadness in her voice. 

'childhood friends, huh?' 

she released a quiet hum, appearing to consider her next few words before voicing them. 

"
i honestly think he'd be missing out if he wasn't interested in someone like you," she continued, her voice soft. "you're great, stormy. everything about you is just - well - it's just amazing. haven't you looked in the mirror, lately?"

cait moved to gently place her hands upon her friend's shoulders. 

"
you're not perfect - nobody ever really is. so what? you'll always be beautiful - to me, at least."

she stepped away, the expression she wore strange before it settled back into a look that could be accurately described as kind.

"
have you been battling at all, lately?

the gym leader sought to change the subject, though it was a subject that she still considered to be relevant.