iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2019 22:16:46 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

Not wanting to be outdone, the Sergeant would polish her drink and signal for another.[break][break]

“Ain't caught up to me yet,” and she would keep running, waiting for the day where she would go up in flames, like an engine that had burst.[break][break]

Bailey would retract her phone, locking the screen before returning it back to the confines of her pocket. “Even if Rocket's gone, there'll always be something else. So... I dunno. It's just supposed to be a weekend getaway.” A place where she could let her pokemon roam free, sit out on a beach, and unwind.[break][break]

“Some old dude was selling the property. White hair. Glasses. Probably somebody that wanted to retire out here before Rocket swept in. He only wants cash, so I can't say no to that.”

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2019 6:59:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

"can't imagine anything worse then rocket."

fernando swirls his glass between his fingers. the warmth strumming from his belly creates a thirst that no longer tastes the burn of alcohol. it's nothing more than water now, something to help alleviate they dryness of his mouth as he continues to dehydrate himself further.

"cash only? sounds kind of shady for property."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2019 6:16:02 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

“Some people just want to get out of Hoenn as fast as possible,” and the situation did not surprise her. The faster people could cut ties and hop on a boat, the faster they could decompress in a region without these problems. Why fear the next Rocket Invasion when someone could lounge on a beach in Alola?[break][break]

She started to sip her water while waiting on her next drink. “As long as the paper's there, I won't turn down a good deal. What am I, a cop?”[break][break]

Bailey would never get sick of that joke.[break][break]

“But, anyway, I guess if this did all blow over, it'd feel too good to be true—even if it was, not like I'd stop training pokemon or any of that shit. I've been doing this my whole life,” and for a moment, she'd seem to puff her chest with pride at her subtle brag.[break][break]

They called her the Train Menace for a reason.

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2019 3:45:38 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando's about to say something but he doesn't. he keeps his mouth shut, so lost for words that there's almost no point in responding. her joke is like a shiv to the throat, silencing any semblance of a reply behind a humor that spirals out of control. he's stuck there for a moment before washing it down with what's left of his drink.

"that's a good sentiment to have, cooper." he doesn't feel dizzy but fernando can tell his inhibitions are slowly unraveling. it's about time to slow down and he doesn't order another drink. "a lot of these problems could be solved if being a competent battler was the standard. i feel like half these kids don't know what they're doing when they battle."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2019 16:41:11 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Bailey snickered at the silence, feeling more than pleased to see the mighty Fernando Silph speechless.[break][break]

Another drink. There's not enough time to humor the thought of slowing down, because her hand had already sought the glass and brought it to her lips. “People don't practice,” and she would sip, not chug, just to taste the fizzle. “They get complacent—oh, guess my pokemon is fully evolved. Now he can sit around the house and do nothing.”[break][break]

Back to the fries. She would stab and take another big bite, shoving the Golden Chick order his way with a sway of the wrist—the alcohol that fizzed in her system was starting to take its toll. In a haze, it was hard to remember all the things that kept her in such a sour mood.[break][break]

It was like a knife had slid between her ribs, breaking through a hard, rocky exterior. “Better jump at this opportunity before you miss out.”

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 0:01:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"i wish it was just complacency."

fernando leans back, legs hooked onto his chair as the urge to spin around increases in the back of his mind. "ran into a trainer the other day. real tough girl. wanted to challenge me because apparently council members are supposed to be good trainers instead of political figures. used TOXIC against a steelix i rented out and was stunned when the poison just dripped off the steelix's surface."

fernando eyes the food and gingerly takes a piece, snapping a bite off with his fingers. "sometimes i think people are right and maybe i am a bit too serious. maybe i'm a bit too rigid. but then, but then i get complaints that my pokemon hits theirs instead of waiting for their turn to attack and i realize i'm not the one who's wrong, cooper."

with a silent huff, fernando tosses the piece into his mouth, chewing it with his mouth closed before opening back up. "no, i'm not the one who's wrong. the level of battling in hoenn is just—" there's no word to accurate describe what he's thinking so instead he makes an overly expressive disgusted noise.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 5:23:08 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Bailey chewed through his rant, occasionally shoveling another mouthful of fries into her mouth. It was uncouth of her to eat while he was speaking, but she'd be damned if she let her food go cold.[break][break]

Trying to use poison on a steel-type pokemon? And people called her a dumbass. “Oof, that's a rookie mistake,” and the sergeant would wash down the food with a heavy gulp of her drink. The man was not wrong—there was always going to be more bad trainers than good.[break][break]

But, she would not let him dismiss her entire region so easily.[break][break]

“You know...” she would let her voice trail, “if you wanted to get your ass beat so badly, you could have just asked.”[break][break]

Her violet gaze would raise from the basket of french fries, wanting to see his reaction.

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 6:04:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando laughs at her answer. not a mocking laugh nor one that doesn't take her threat as what it is: a serious threat. it's the laugh of a friend that accepts her taunting and is ready to lash back out. to say that him and bailey are on that level of camaraderie would be an overstretch but the liquor builds what feels like a temporary bridge to being earnest friends.

"is that a challenge, cooper? i might just take you up for that."

his smile is wide and it's the most light-hearted she's probably ever seen him. the same one that dies a moment later when the realization sinks in.

"but at the end of the day, you, me. we're two people. do you think outside of the few of us that these people truly know how to battle?"

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2019 6:46:57 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She lost her seriousness the moment he laughed—the act was ruined as Bailey Cooper snickered, lightly pounding her fist against the table. It had been awhile since she had been around someone to banter with, and if she were sober, she would have never expected it to be him of all people.[break][break]

Alcohol could work wonders. All of the tension that usually hung to their conversations was gone, and all it took was a few drinks.[break][break]

“Sure, just not while I'm getting shitfaced. How do you think I got banned from here?” Amelia, in the distance, shot a look that pleaded with neither of them to try it.[break][break]

The Sergeant doesn't have the chance to see the smile die from his face, because she's trying to see the bottom of her glass as she takes another gulp. The action of tilting her head would bring on a whole new wave of vertigo, but she could live with it.[break][break]

Her glass would only touch the table when it was empty. Like an ekans, she would lazily lean herself against the table, head in her hand, as she took a moment to humor his question.[break][break]

For a moment, she almost looked contemplative. Were there good battlers in Hoenn, as far as she knew? “Pfft—” and then the moment is gone, because she was unable to take it seriously. “Fuck no.”[break][break]

And she would erupt in laughter—the kind that was not too loud, but just strong enough to make her ribs ache.

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2019 6:40:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"uh oh. too late now cooper. my battle routine is set, nothing i can do about that," he jokes, a bit more grim and sarcastic considering the mutual mood between them. it almost sounds as if the battle routine itself was a physical entity, coming to get bailey once and for all.

fernando stifles his own laughter at her answer, releasing an exaggerated exhale as he tries to stomach it. whether its the alcohol or his own pessimism, he finds a bleakness to her answer that's crushingly depressing. he doesn't show it, not to the extent that it weighs on him, and eventually break out in laughter too.

"fuck. what are we going to do, cooper?"

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2019 17:57:03 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

There was nothing they could do.[break][break]

“Be better than them,” and the Sergeant would shrug. “There's plenty of things I'm bad at—battling isn't one of them. That's all there is to it.” Some people have it, and some people don't.[break][break]

Another stab into her fries. “I could sit here all night and tell someone my trade secrets, but it'd just be a waste if they don't have the knack for it. Especially if they never bother to practice or seek to get better,” she would have to pinch off the long string of cheese that refused to snap off from the plate of food.[break][break]

“If someone doesn't have it, then I'll just kick their ass—that's the game. Either get good or get stomped,” and the only way to get good was to get stomped in the first place.[break][break]

It was cruel, but it was real.[break][break]

“Nothing I can do to make that process any easier.”

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 5:23:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "tch. you and me both, huh?" some people have it, and some people don't. the whole crux of his problem is that so many people don't have it that the populace is its own liability. the strong crush the weak and when the strong decide to rampage, there is nothing they can do about it. that's why the standard must be raised. that's why project avalon is so essential for both order and law.

the mere thought of it make fernando want to cry out in frustration. but he doesn't. he bottles it like he bottles every annoyance. this is the burden of being the son of silph. whether its legitimate or self-imposed makes no difference.

fernando sighs and realizes the truth in her explanation. the desire has to be there, yes, and that itself is too hard to inspire. "and that's a damn shame," he picks at one of the fries near the edge of the plate, precisely using two fingers to snap them away from what's left.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2019 19:54:49 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She was done with the french fries.[break][break]

When the Silph heir reached out a hand to have his share, she passed it to him. Sometimes, drinking could enhance the appetite... but, other times, it could leave the Sergeant with a queasiness that would only pass when the alcohol successfully found its way into her system; for now, it bubbled as she pushed forward her second empty cup.[break][break]

Did she overdo it? No. Not quite.[break][break]

Slow down or go all in? “Mhm,” and she hummed in agreement, too lazy to find the words.[break][break]

This would be the moment she would remember when Mossdeep was engulfed in flames—when she was burning alive from the inside out. It would not compare to the burn that she felt, but the girl hungered for the future—not understanding what it was or why she would want it.[break][break]

Sometimes, people wanted the things that they never knew existed.[break][break]

“Where you staying for the night? It's starting to get late,” but she had no intention of stopping—this was his chance to escape.

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2019 16:35:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] fernando scours what's left of bailey's scraps to decide what he wants to pick at, if at all. her question catches him off guard considering he's the one who drove her but something tells him that cooper will be just fine with hitching an uber. as long as she doesn't straight up black out, she'll be fine. unless...?

"condo in lilycove. not too far from here. got a hotel room too but i'll probably end up crashing back at league headquarters." his gaze turns back to amelia and he wonders if he needs to ask her to watch out for cooper. he decides against it and will revisit the idea in the event that he leaves before her. "you?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
iconoclast [hh]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2019 5:41:45 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Sleeping at League Headquarters? Really? “Ritzy,” she remarked as another drink was plopped in front of her.[break][break]

Third drink was the charm—well, her third coke and whiskey. Something told her to exercise caution. It would be best to give the ice a chance to melt and to water down the drink even further. It was why she turned her attention back to her glass of water, chugging it down.[break][break]

She wasn't an amateur—a hangover was not what she wanted. [break][break]

The glass was half empty when she set it back to the table, wiping at her lips with her sleeve.[break][break]

“Dunno. I thought when this was over, I'd just make my way back home to Lavaridge,” but that plan was shot now that she was drunk. Despite feeling the start of her inebriation, she held her color, knowing how to keep it together even while the room was spinning.[break][break]

She would have to blackout if she wanted to make a fool of herself. For now, she was giggly and self-assured.[break][break]

A crooked smile pulled at her lips. “I guess a motel will do just fine. I got cash. Doubt I could squeeze in a reservation for anywhere nice.”

; [mission page]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES