A Way Out [Mission/HH]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A Way Out [Mission/HH]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2019 0:45:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Mauville city was a pretty nice place to be with all the shops spread out through the city itself and the very nice apartments above it in Mauville hills. Being able to stay in one of the apartments and have quick access to all the other amenities in Mauville was practically a dream but somehow it was one that Roy was living.

Sure he barely made enough to afford the rent of the apartment and didn't have much money to splurge in the actual city, but it still was a breath taking place to be. The sights might not be as open as one of the cities near a large body of water but seeing all the people hustling around had a certain charm to it.

At the moment Roy had just stepped into the elevator to go back down to Mauville itself from the hills, his long red hair just flowing down at his back while he wore his ranger's uniform. Giving a quick nod to the woman who was already in the elevator with him the young man hit the button to go down to Mauville, the elevator beginning its descent for a brief moment.

Sure living in Mauville hills was a dream come true, but when the elevator came to a grinding halt half way to its destination and a small warning light popped up on the floor indicator above the door that dream was more then a bit spoiled. For as long as Roy had lived here the elevator never once broke down on him but yet here he was stuck in the small metal box with another person.

With a groan he leaned back against the wall, looking up at the ceiling as he just stood around and waited to see if rescue would come quickly for the two of them.

@edea /taggg
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A Way Out [Mission/HH]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2019 2:14:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Her purpose in Mauville was not something derived from importance, instead, her purpose for visiting the bustling centre was derived from personal self indulgence; a breath of fresh air outside of a schedule she considered to be suffocating– crammed– despite being more than willing to pay the price to keep the crown atop her head. Instead of practice doused in the fluorescent lights of glitz and glamour, she was more than pleased with the idea of walking around the large city and simply enjoying the various sights it had to offer.

And so she stood inside the confinements of the elevator, hands folded in front of her as she waits to reach her destination all while her she stares idly ahead towards the door only half mindful to the uniformed ranger nestled besides her. However, it would not take her long to find her hands flying up to grip the unknown man the moment the screeching of metal could be heard echoing outside the elevator and their once smooth descent grew into a grinding halt; the dim glow of red emergency lights flickering overhead, “Shit— what happened?”

The question leaves her as suddenly as the elevator had stopped for them, her hands not quite leaving him as her gaze searched the now dimmed elevator for an emergency call button; her grip growing a bit more lax before eventually being void from his person, “Oh, I’m sorry, that wasn’t very polite of me.” She manages to speak, a small poised on her lips the moment she realized what she had done.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A Way Out [Mission/HH]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2019 20:40:33 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Normally a stranger grabbing onto you inside of an elevator would be a pretty concerning situation to find yourself in but the whole suddenly stopped elevator situation was taking precedence over that at the moment. With a quick glance over at the woman who by this point had let go of him and backed up Roy flashed her a quick smile, trying to reassure her as best as he could.

Trying to keep the other person in the situation calm was a decent way to distract himself and stop him from panicking about it.

"It'll be alright I swear. Maybe just a little glitch or something, or maybe maintenance?" Poor guy had no idea how elevators worked and if they'd even do maintenance on a moving box. Though the latter thing probably wasn't even close to the actual circumstance.

Looking around the inside of the box for a moment Roy slipped his hands down into his pockets, his eyes falling down to the four pokeballs on his belt. Maybe there was a way one of his pokemon could help them get out of here? Mamoswine was too big so that was a definite no. Blissey could help keep them calm if things got too bad?

"We should be fine if we just sit here and wait. The emergency lights are on so they have to know its stuck. Althoooough if you want, I can try to get us out of here? Maybe like pull the door open or climb out the top maybe?"

@edea /taggg squared

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A Way Out [Mission/HH]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2019 5:20:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Her hushed apology is met with a sincere smile and she breathes out a gentle sigh underneath her breath, a small semblance of calm flushing over her before her brows furrow at the man’s theory about the halted elevator. A quiet chuckle bubbled past her lips at the optimistic thought and she tilts his head towards him, a once poised smile faltering when her laughter subsides, “Cute idea, but I don’t think a surprise maintenance is the answer here.” There's a hint of bite in her voice when she speaks to him briefly though it doesn't take her long to settle her attention back onto the emergency button once again; leaning down to press it once more to garner the attention of the security if at all.

“Thank you though, for the fun ideas.” Her voice manages to cut through the momentary silence as she steps away from the emergency call button, her back now pressing against the cool metal wall; a free hand now rummaging through the contents of her bag as she hopefully awaits a response– her momentary fear slowly dissipating.

Her hand seems to pause when another suggestion rings out from the ranger, an almost appalled laugh barking out from her at the idea, “You’re kidding, right? No offense, but I would rather not get myself hurt.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A Way Out [Mission/HH]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2019 17:59:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Hearing the little bit of bite behind her words in regards to the half arsed surprise maintenance idea Roy simply just let it go, not wanting to get into a confrontation with someone he was stuck in this elevator with for who knows how long. He wasn't really joking about any of the ideas that came out of his mouth. It was more akin to just nonsensical ramblings then well thought out ideas. The man was just scrambling for any idea for how they could get out of here.

He wasn't even sure if there would be anyone around to answer when the woman in the elevator hit the emergency button. Ideally someone would be on the other end to get the message but he didn't know diddly squat about how things around here worked.

With a little chuckle of his own Roy glanced up at the ceiling inside the metal death box, like most elevators there was a hatch up top that could be used by rescue crews. Or by people desperate enough to get out of the box. It was kinda dangerous to climb out of course but it beat just waiting around in his opinion. "Yeah I was just kidding, just a joke." He droned out with an additional chuckle, trying to lean into the idea just being a joke.

Leaning back against the cool wall of the elevator Roy glanced down at his pokeballs yet again, tapping the second ball on his belt to send his Blissey out next to him. The pokemon popping up on the other side of the red haired man, so he didn't just intrude on the woman's personal space.

"Heeeey Sunny, can I borrow an egg from ya?" With a little happy cry the Blissey handed over the egg from her pouch to her trainer, happy to share the source of food.

Glancing over at the woman Roy blurted out a simple "You hungry?" Before gesturing at her with the egg. "You can have half of it if you want, they're pretty good."
@edea
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A Way Out [Mission/HH]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 4:08:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Her brows seemed to furrow further as the ranger seemed to ramble through various ideas, the situation seeming to dissipate the moment his awkward chuckle seemed to bounce against the metal walls of the confined elevator, “That goes for you too, get the idea out of your head.” Her gaze flickers to him for a moment, her tone growing firm despite his own attempts to make the situation light hearted between them.

It would take her moment to turn her head away from him, hardened gaze still watching him before shifting the moment he situates himself against the metal walls; a small sigh slipping past pale lips the moment silence settles between them. Igniting with a flash of red, the silence stutters briefly the moment the ranger summons a chansey to his side; the confined space filling when the pokémon materializes– her interest and curiosity seeming to pique.

Lips pressed together lightly, her hardened gaze seems to soften in the slightest the moment he offers part of the egg to her; another light laugh threatening to bubble past her when she notices his earnest looks, “What a gentleman, are you sure want to share with me?” She answers his question with her own, her words teasing yet gentle.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A Way Out [Mission/HH]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 22:19:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The time he spent staring up at the emergency hatch did cause a couple ideas for an escape plan to pop into his head. Although with how the woman responded to the last few suggestions he planned to just keep them to himself for the moment. At least until he thought them through all the way first. They weren't necessarily bad plans but after her previous reaction he was gonna be a bit more cautious.

Although the plans were less two different unique ones and more just the same plan but using a different pokemon to get out. Not wanting to bring it up just yet he couldn't ask what the woman had so Roy had to think this through with his current squad. One idea was to pop that hatch open and send his Infernape out, then just have the long armed pokemon pull them out. Maybe it could even jump out of the hatch with them and pry a door open.

Alternatively his Skiddo could maybe do something similar with vines...

He had other stuff to focus on for now though, like splitting this giant egg. "Yeah I'm alright with sharing with ya. Plus this eggs probably bigger then my head I couldn't eat it by myself." After that Roy grabbed the egg by the top and bottom, holding it horizontally before breaking the soft boiled egg in half and offering the other half over to the woman.

"Oh yeah, My names Roy Sullivan by the way. Nice to meet ya, although the circumstances could be a bit better though." With that said he took a bite out of his half of the egg, the Blissey starting to clap in delight at the egg being used.
@edea
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A Way Out [Mission/HH]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2019 9:10:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Her question would be met with a firm affirmation and she would only hum in response all while an idle gaze would rest upon his hands watching the fingers pry against the shell of the boiled egg– cracks spreading along the exterior, “Lucky we didn’t have a mess on our hands.” Her attention returns to him the moment he splits the egg in half and she leans to take it from his hands; her actions gentle despite the hushed judgement in her voice.

It would not take her long to take her portion of the egg from his hold with a gentle touch; fingers briefly brushing against his as she moves to settle back with her half. With lips pressed gently soft, her endeavors are silent as she moves to settle onto the cool ground of the elevator; her head only tilting when he spoke to her once again.

“Oh— Edea Leone and agreed, the circumstances should have been better. Thanks for sharing, Roy.” Her words were brief– fleeting– yet sincere when she meets his gaze; a smile fluttering onto her lips in the slightest before falling once more.

“So, Roy, what brought you to Mauville?” Her question was quiet when she spoke– timid.