awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
nouilles [ battle | gym ]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 8:31:27 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
some days were generally uneventful and in the case of today — nothing had occurred. the renovation of the gym had been a long and demanding process that often left him exhausted. those that had shown were regular townsfolk offering help or giving away homemade delights.

challengers however — was a scarce occurrence. enough that it was only one that had ventured across waters just to claim an eventual badge. something well appreciated in his floundering imagination.

"ahh," the groan resonates throughout the entirety of the gym. within may leave a chilling coverage but the open doors allow an ease into hoenn's warm outside. alex is sprawled out on the rounded couch of the lounge. visible to anyone that would wander inside.

one book in hand describing the novelties of dewford settles against his face. doing nothing, subsided into reading had now become a sudden rest. he had considered going outside to see if he had been needed anywhere else. but now he figured the time could pass better if he just closed his eyes.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2019 14:11:50 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","threadtext"]

[attr="class","letter1"]t
he recent changes to league personnel comes at a surprise to many, but to some it is all but long overdue. slateport shook the foundations of the league right down to its core -- its biggest triumph so far was how quickly it recovered under such circumstances. the council deserve credit there; fernando deserves credit. under a new and reformed council, the league has started to rebuild from top to bottom.

[break][break]

a recent addition to the league comes in the form of dewford's new gym leader: alexander silph. a familiar face at that, but it's a face he hasn't seen in years. despite the isolationism he protects rustboro with, alexander has found it appropriate to welcome the new addition partly because trust is needed for them to function as a unit but trust cannot be given that easily. silph will have to earn it.

[break][break]

"feeling tired already?"

[break][break]

standing by the rounded couch, alexander begins his greetings in surprise as a smile graces his features. "i like what you've done to the place." a quick sweep around the building tells him that it's freshly renovated. the slightest scent of paint still lingers.

[break][break]

"sorry for interrupting your rest, mister silph. i can come back later, if you want."

[break][break]
party: who knows
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: contemplated stabbing him in the face tbh

[attr="class","miricredit"]window blues

[Googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400italic,700,700italic,900]
[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
sooner or later the fire will die.
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2019 23:55:10 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
so swept up by the daze is enough for him to forget the approach. company isn't truly perceived till the voice slips outwards. wedging sharply into his mind like a jolt of electricity. alex leans up with a singular strand pressed backwards. the poise that faces the ceiling is prominent to having bed—head.

although startled, his recognition for the other doesn't dawn on him till he looks up. "ah, thank you," features piece together through the broken fragments of his memories. the other alex, he thinks, droning in on the relapse of these images till he remembers the necessity of a response.

"no, please stay." he insists. there is something oddly different from their past encounters. the cold nature of the silph is overlapped by a much friendlier persona. of course — unaware of the cause — what could've been subject to the change is simply time.

"you don't have to address me that way." standing up, alex lets an over exaggerated stretch take place, tossing the book back onto the couch. "we're friends after all...right mister stone?" grinning playfully towards the guest, there is no ounce of bitterness in the way that he speaks. alex has truly changed.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2019 15:11:10 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","threadtext"]

[attr="class","letter1"]f
riends: an odd term to affiliate with the man who sits before him because in the past, stone would have never considered alex a friend. perhaps it can be attributed to how different the dewford gym leader is – before, he was a troubled kid who often sought trouble, even if trouble meant hurting other people; and now, he seems to be a changed man.

[break][break]

“i find it strange calling you alex because, well, that’s my name.” he chuckles. “it’s about time someone brought life to this gym, or rather, this town. dewford needed that.” what was once a popular tourist destination was slowly becoming a relic, mostly because its old gym leader had no interest in tourism; much like alexander is, the old leader preferred isolation.

[break][break]

not wanting to waste either of their time, stone doesn’t linger on pleasantries for much longer before starting on what he came here to do. “have you met with your sister recently?” he asks, turning. “stormy. not the other one.”

[break][break]

he pauses for a moment.

[break][break]

“she misses you.”

[break][break]
party: who knows
[break]
tag:
[break]
notes: pepehandsup

[attr="class","miricredit"]window blues

[Googlefont=Playfair+Display:400,400italic,700,700italic,900]
[newclass=.miricredit]text-align: center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height: 150%;}[/newclass]
[newclass=.miricredit a]font-family: calibri; font-size: 8px; letter-spacing:1px; color: #aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.letter1]margin-left: 0px; float: left; font-family: playfair display; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 35px; color: #000; padding: 10px; line-height: 50%; font-style: italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.threadtext]background: #fdfdfd; padding: 0px;width: 360px;line-height: 140%;font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 0.5px;font-family: sans serif display;text-align: justify; color: #2d2d2d;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2019 22:10:01 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
how long that change would last? none would ever know. it was a question without an answer. time was the true influence and even then time could bring nothing. the weight of what was more in his scattered memories is concealed by his brother.

even then he cannot find it in himself to say anything. maybe, he just doesn't want to believe it.

that everything is a lie.

"of course," alex says, amused by the jest. there was always a complication to having the same name but the humor behind it was never short of making pace. dewford was always a quiet little town underlined by important history. it was the perfect place to hide and think before the elderly decided to pester you.

he liked the people. more than that it was them that encouraged him to move forward. there was something more than serving others in the forgotten rustic bar. his previous and adventurous lifestyle before the accident kept him trapped by the shame of running away. this was exactly what he needed.

this was what he was made for.

"storm?" his expression softens at her name. for a moment he sees evelynn but recalls his most recent encounter. the youngest of the silph family is the one that has him thinking. "a few days ago. she came to dewford and we talked for awhile." not pressing upon the subject, he continues,

"i didn't know you two were close." then again, many things had changed in the last four years.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2019 16:15:46 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
"quite close. try and keep up, alexander." the situation within the silph family is complicated, that much he knows, and it has been for years, even before devon entered the picture. from what he's been able to find out, fernando is the beloved child. the others are mere replacements to fill an empty void. that, is the bitter, harsh truth.

jokes aside, he answers truthfully. "we have grown quite close recently. she has big news coming up, unrelated to me, but i will let her break it to you. even she doesn't know yet, to be fair." a smile graces his features.

reaching for a pokeball in his pocket, alexander pulls one out and shows it to the silph.

"care for a battle?"

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2019 3:40:04 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
abashed by the remark he blinks onward; owlishly eyeing stone as though he couldn't quite believe it. the smile may still be there but it is laced by the slightest of complexity.

for a moment he cannot comprehend how on earth stormy could get along with someone like this. then again; the opposite does seem rather established in the words of the wise. the answer is already there.

"really?" excited for his sister, the subject is just as quickly diverted, "so that's what you came here for." alex says with an obvious jest. "i hope you have enough pokemon with you." he begins to approach the single door in the back.

it is the one and only entrance into the true placing of the gym. "we'll be doing a double battle!" forcing the structure forth with a sturdiness of ice lathered on the other end, the cool rush shifts momentarily into the lounge.

few strands are misplaced and he turns back to push elsewhere. the eagerness in his eyes showing clearly.

"this way." he gestures for the other to follow.

qZyn|2Pj

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2019 15:49:43 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
it should not come as a surprise that a visitor to a gym is expecting a battle. surely not! the jest is welcome with open arms and a chuckle as alexander nods his response. he has more than enough on him; always come prepared, that is something he has recently adapted.

"sounds perfect." 

double battles: 's specialty. he wonders if the two have met. regardless, alexander follows the silph and walks through the coldness and into the back of the gym. 

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 4:50:05 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
within the field of battle, paints a completely different world. the jagged rises of earth, dusted by the unstable ice is meant as one of many large obstacles. alex gestures to their left. 

furthest from the opposing end is a platform, well guarded and scarce of the element. "just head over there," he says, moving towards the other rise, "i'll let you have the first move!" surprisingly the voice resonates well in the space. 

two capsules release two very large pokemon. the beauty of once forgotten creatures, portrayed in opposite shades stand side by side. this is very clearly their home and very clearly this is their work. 

this is the place they thrive in.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 4:24:59 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
this is not their turf to fight on and alexander knows it. the two fossil pokemon that grace the cold battlefield immediately look comfortable and at ease, and he attributes it to the fact that the gym was specifically designed around them. the gym is new, but the silph is not.

alexander calls out his two choices and he hopes that their unconventionality will play in their favor. they are two pokemon that are not commonly used, let alone found in the region of hoenn.

"how kind of you."

diggersby, powered up by his HUGE POWER, is the first to move. while running, his ears swing in a rhythmic movement known to many as a SWORDS DANCE, boosting up his attack even further.

pyukumuku stays near the back, acting as support by first attempting to poison one of the fossil pokemon with TOXIC; a gush of purple liquid shoots straight at one of them; while also lending out a HELPING HAND.

boosted from three sources, diggersby tries for the first attack with a HAMMER ARM.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2019 12:42:41 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
there is some distance to cover. 

in their vast and icy terrain, holly positions herself between the glimmering variant. her large stature emits a faint yet prominent light screen. given the nature of the move it does not negate the capability of hammer arm. she shifts against the floors, grimacing clearly at the advance. 

thankfully toxic just misses the earlier shuffle to the front of vale; her large neck craning towards the ceiling of the gym. she cries out, emitting a sudden storm that shudders against those below. hail will last long enough to deter with their opponents. 

but how long will they hold out?

with diggersby closer to the slightly ragged holly, the intensity of the challenge twinkles in her deep blue eyes. once the large mouth parts it emits a powerful blizzard. streaming gusts that appear similar to a waterfall cascading outwards, violently and without mercy. it may give them the chance to prepare in the eventual distance but they are not certain. 

as if to support holly; vale releases freeze-dry towards the also advocating pyukumuku. the intensity of the cold dangerously afflicting. 

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 4:15:24 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
the BLIZZARD does little to affect pyukumuku, the damage is there but it's insignificant, it pales in comparison to what it does to diggersby. the ground-type shivers under the immense pressure of the cold but finds himself circling back, hopping on his large feet before reaching pyukumuku just in time.

before the FREEZE-DRY can hit, diggersby lunges for the water-type and picks her up just in time to avoid the blast. he rolls on the ground with her, but soon tosses her forward like a pro baseball player. with immense speed, pyukumuku travels all the way to the first dinosaur to COUNTER the BLIZZARD . what might go unseen is the TOXIC that covers her.

diggersby, despite looking like such a lazy and large pokemon, is very quick on his feet and soon closes the distance. perhaps it is the AGILITY that helps him, but he finds himself in batting distance of the other FREEZE-DRY dinosaur to swing another HAMMER ARM, still being boosted by his HUGE POWER.

pellets of hail start to smack away at them, slowly damaging and weakening their defenses. even alexander, who's standing in the near distance, feels the cold starting to affect him.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 16:31:23 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
little pyukumuku dives through the mass of jagged hail like an unforeseen pellet. although so small and adorable, what is festered beneath the surface is impending doom. alex knows it — and so does holly.

her eyes narrow and her mouth parts once again. the chilly breath may erupt but it is not the same violent gust as before. when pyukumuku is close enough, ice beam spews outwards in order to appease the close impending counter. what she does not notice is the toxic obscured in the veil of this stormy battle.

holly is badly poisoned!

vale never anticipates the advance. being so large has its disadvantage, leaving her with no room for reaction in the hammer arm which collides. she stumbles backwards, gritting through the effective clash but, still determined no matter the pain.

the force is what rouses her spirit.

blinding light creeps by her broad mouth. just as the majority of every onslaught, the essence explodes outwards in a devastating hyper beam. the stretch of the beam so immense that it tears through few jagged slopes and hopefully into the diggersby.

close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 3:22:23 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
small and cute but deadly as ever, that is what defines pyukumuku. satisfaction comes when alexander sees the attack connect, noticing how there's a slight tint of purple that stains one of the ice dinosaurs. the ICE BEAM again doesn't do enough damage, but it is enough to force the water-type flying all the way back after she's done with her attack.

and like before, diggersby is the one who takes the full brunt of the damage, this time coming from an immense HYPER BEAM. at the sight of the aurorus opening its broad mouth, alexander notices the glow building inside of it but by the time he opens his own mouth, it's too late.

"diggersby!"

the powerful beam strikes the ground-type dead center in the stomach. his fat ripples, absorbing damage but it can only do so much. the attack sends diggersby soaring across the room only to slam against the ground, rolling before coming to a sudden halt.

pokemon get hurt, that's just a part of battling, but the pang alexander feels in his chest means it's more than just a battle for him.

"come on," he mutters to himself, praying that the ground- type gets up.

and he does, albeit slowly and shakily. big chungus diggersby slowly pushes himself to his feet, using his large hand-like ears to support him. his breath is heavy and his eyes are narrower than they have ever been. diggersby looks to alexander, then gives him a thumbs up.

"heal him."

they've done this routine before: pyukumuku crawls over and upon touch, the PAIN is SPLIT between them. diggersby heals ever so slighty as he feels his strength returning, as evident by the bounce in his feet. he soon reaches down and picks up the water-type to place on his head, preparing for his retaliation.

while pyukumuku RECOVERS atop diggersby's head, the ground-type leaps up into the air only to slam down for a sudden and powerful EARTHQUAKE.

close tab

played by

vy

alex & story—seeker.
he & they.
twenty—six.
august 9th.
saffron, kanto.
graysexual.
explorer.
rising star.
i couldn't
make it right.
30 height
30 height
awards
198 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alex
alexander silph
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2019 10:31:26 GMT
alexander silph Avatar
power is not sated simply by nothing.

the immense harm of the attack does not only rattle those on the receiving end but, leaves vale exhausted by all that it had took. her long neck drapes downward and she looks towards holly with undoubted faith in the other still standing. 

sickly fluids rise upwards like fragments of dust, tormenting her body in a slow and terrifying process. much the same as the storm that throttled down upon the distant pair. both were vulnerable in the current situation. however, it wasn't as if exposure to the end of this event had ever stopped them.

broken earth crumbles towards them and holly acts as a shield once more. the impact is devastating and she can barely manage to stay standing. yet vale is the strength in this clash. the chance that they might have. alex wavers in sight of his struggling friends. 

deep down inside he can only believe.

holly glimpses towards the target with as much strength she can still manage to usher forth. it builds within slowly but certainly. the same torrent of icy winds flood from her mouth. blizzard may aim at them both but it hopes to wipe out the support.

their only real concern.