Mission Details here

[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
ohai

Well that was stupid.

After that entire fiasco over the past few weeks, having to help Stormy out over a wide variety of assignments and stuff (hell there was one that involved a pair of squabbling Pangoro that they had to sic their Emboar on) and then getting quite a rude surprisehe’d gone back to the damned habit.

Even if he was getting ‘yelled at’ by both Ro and Alpha, he wasn’t going to have it—especially not from Ro, the little hypocrite. Even after he’d tried to get them together that one time he returned to the place he was born, to possibly take a chance at loving again.

But that was all said and done.

Right now, he was just. Mucking through from day to day—hell, after he’d read the news—he sure hope nobody would notice him in the footage, but shit it was bound to happen—he’d decided to adapt to a disguise if he needed to.

Hell, I already have the name picked out, just in case shit gets nasty… he thought idly to himself, blinking as he looked at the details again that were displayed on his PokéGear.

“Right…” he muttered, running his hands through his gelled-up hair one last time and making sure that it was absolutely pointy—to the point it could literally stab an eye out if he chose to head butt someone with it if the chance presented itself. The scar still looked raw and angry, but at least it wasn’t bleeding as much anymore whenever he would poke at it.

All the same though he still slipped in some little bits and pieces of a first-aid kit he’d hastily slapped together just in case it did decide to act up again on its own volition. Checking his pockets and making sure that everything was ready (he even waited for the refill of his minty vanilla leaves to arrive) he then set out to Mossdeep, riding on the back of his Metagross.

…and now here he was, tasked to wait for his partner outside the general perimeter of the Space Center.

They’d asked for guards that day.

But nobody wanted to take it.

He wanted to do something to pass the time, and so this was it.

If and when his companion would show up, there would be a cloud of minty vanilla-scented pipe smoke emanating from where he stood, dressed down simply because the people who’d requested for protection had asked them to dress as discreetly as possible without revealing that they were part of the League—he was definitely glad to oblige that part of the request.

A new overcoat rested over a long-sleeved dress shirt, dark jeans, his usual pair of boots—and just for insanity’s sake, his blue-and-white striped scarf wound around his neck—completed the outfit. He still had his ID and all that, though.

Now, where was the other he was going to spend possibly the most boring ‘guard duty’ of the evening with?

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
oddities? unlikely. [mission]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2019 16:58:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
The Mightyena runs ahead as he smells the burning scent of mint leaves that lingered in the area. Even Kyle's nose could smell the scent from afar. His nose wrinkled at the smell nonetheless. He could only go forward as this was the place assigned for him, and the one smoking probably was the person he was to work with for the night.

"Oh."

Eyes see the scarfed man as he approached. The face was familiar, allowing Kyle to easily put a name on it. He notices the solemn look on his expression, different from the calmer ones he sported on the few occasions he has met up with him. He raises his hand and opens his mouth for a greeting.

"Hey, man."

Alpha stops from running further as his trainer spoke, turning his head around to watch the trainer slowly walk his way towards. Tail wags expectantly for Kyle to speed his pace up, to no avail. The stance was kept until Kyle walks past him, after which the Dark-type goes back to walking alongside the trainer.

"You don't seem too enthusiastic for the job,"
he comments as he finally reaches him.

Neither was Kyle. He simply was assigned to a job since it lacked any takers. Missions such as these usually end up uneventful and boring, with most guards getting stressed not for the work they needed to exert, but for the lack of work to keep them entertained. While Kyle did not like work either, he does not like boredom equally.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2019 16:41:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
nice hair bruh

“Would you?” were the first words out of his mouth, taking the pipe out and tapping it slightly so that the built-up ash flew away and dispersed on the wind. It was at this point he got a much closer look at Kyle did his eyebrows suddenly rise up slightly.

“Heh, nice hair color, man. What made you change the look?” he asked a few moments later, a bit of a smirk on his face. “You know I can still tell it’s you because of your dogs…” he added, unable to resist.

Once the pipe was sufficiently empty, he then looked around and sighed.

“You know what I hate the most? Boring guard work. But eh, if it gives us a free evenin’ to talk about shit then I’ll take it…” he muttered, taking another drag and this time blowing the thin trail of minty-vanilla away from Kyle, gathering his thoughts as best as he could.

A few moments later, he turned to ask him, “So…how’ve you been holding up. It’s been a shit storm, at least from what I heard through the rumor mill. Someone’s gotten yelled at is all I know…” he offered, wondering what else Kyle had to say.

“…be lucky you didn’t lose a Pokémon that day, too,” he muttered with another low sigh.

That was still fresh in his mind.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 16:04:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Maybe I'm trying to impress someone."

The excuse he uses changes every time someone asks him about it. It happened on a whim when the opportunity presented itself, much like most of the important life decisions he has made. Purple wasn't even his favorite color. Nonetheless, it made him less recognizable after some video of a recent operation was leaked. He wouldn't mind the infamy, but he'd rather not deal with people who'd question his presence on the said video.

He starts to look for any seat within the vicinity, with his Mightyena following closely behind his steps.

"I'm doing fine despite that, I guess."
He holds up the conversation despite the task he put himself to. "At least you got some insider info. Best I have is internet talk, which everyone who's into social media probably already knows."

He pauses and stops for a moment as he hears Lars mutter. The silence of the night and the lack of any other people in the area besides them made it easy for Kyle to pick up.

"I hope that's not spite."

His head never turned to see his expression, resuming to his activity right as he says it. Kyle decides to ignore the tone of the sentence as he lets Lars answer his doubts instead of his assumptions.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2019 12:19:49 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
:eyes:

“Well, whoever it is you’re trying to impress, you did a great job. Might even get a lot of ladies who like a taste of the adventurous, he tried, a crack at humor before taking another attempt at a drag of the familiar vanilla-flavored smoke.

His eyebrows frowned a few moments later when he saw that the leaves in his pipe had all but run out; wondering why he wasn’t able to inhale that delicious burn. Sighing, he then let the ashes die out before tapping it off to one side and watching as the ashes swirled away into the darkness before turning his attention back to Kyle.

“I… I’ve talked to Stormy. ‘pparently she got… yelled at? If you could put it that way… when her ‘brother’ found out what had happened. What I find rather surprising is that we’re not under fire… and to be honest, I’d rather it stay that way, he added quietly a few moments later.

Scowling a bit at the thought of her brother—one of the councilmen, apparently—having taken the beef out mostly on her, he sighed as he reached for the small pouch he carried and weighing it slightly.

“Ah. Fuck. I’m out of leaves, he said with a sigh, pocketing the pouch again before tapping out the pipe and pulling out the thin drawstring pouch he normally kept it in before slipping it in here, and that ended up vanishing into his jacket as well.

“Ah, no… I just. How long have you had your canines?” he asked a few moments later, looking up and rubbing the back of his head. “I’ve had that Swampert since I was eleven, so… losing a lifelong Pokémon partner like that really sucks… he continued, looking up as he saw something familiar and blue floating into view—it was Ro, his Metagross.

“Find anything?” he asked the hulking mass of supercomputer metal, who let out a grating noise which he knew meant a negative—at least for now.

“Alright, keep going around. See anything, don’t lift a finger and fight back only when you’re provoked, he said, waving the Metagross away as the Pokémon tucked its legs in and floated off to continue its silent patrolling around the perimeter.

“…same with Ro, I’ve had him since I started my journey. He’s still upset his partner-in-crime’s gone, though he does a pretty good job of not showing it.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2019 9:28:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Stormy's linked to a big political figure and Thomas is a interpol agent. I'm pretty sure he's tanking the blame for his subordinates too." He wasn't sure about Lars, but Kyle knew he didn't have anything under his name. "We're pretty much nobodies compared to those two so I'm not surprised," he adds.

he sees a box on the corner. he assumes there was nothing important on it and proceeds to use it as a stool as he awaits the night to end. a gaming console was pulled out of his person, booting it up as lars speaks in the background.

loosening up as lars clears up kyle's misunderstanding, he starts up the game and continues where he last was from his save point. the game was nothing serious, a title marketed towards the more casual community. while kyle wasn't part of that, he does enjoy playing the games of that genre during nights like these.

"the mightyena? they're just a few months old. got them as eggs as a set from a breeder. apparently, they're rejects so i got them for half the price."

there was a pause as kyle indulged himself in the game he played for a moment.

"the rest are caught in the wild not long after i got the mightyena."

he had another team beforehand, although most of them were retired by kyle shortly after he signed himself as an officer for the league. they were relics of his past in an exaggerated sense, and now act as pets of his family. he doesn't see the point of mentioning it in the conversation, however.

the attention was still on his game, but he tried to keep the conversation up. "the mission had its risks. guess that's why i subconsciously chose to bring my b team instead."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2019 15:22:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
:eyes:

“You really love canines, huh,” he mused quietly, watching as his Metagross came around again, grating out another negatory noise in Lars’ direction before coming to a stop for a while.

Refreshing the Magnet Rise, he watched as the massive blue Pokémon went off for another circuit around the center, keeping an eye out for anything suspicious.

“…you know, I think I might do that in case something similar to that comes up again. Not bringing everyone important to your team dynamics and all that shit… but at the same time, there’s the lack of security if you’re traveling with other Pokémon that you haven’t been utilizing as much, don’t you think?” he mused, seriously considering getting some more Pokémon in the meantime.

Maybe it was time to save up and start burning some of that cash of his on that weird spectacle that was sweeping through the region, slapping down some money and getting three random Pokéballs, with only a brief idea of what awaited inside.

“Are you… going to visit the Commissioner after this is done?” he asked, pawing around his coat and pulling out a box of cigarettes. Since he was out of leaves, this alternative would have to do in the meantime.

“I don’t know… just to check up on her, I guess. If I see any Poochyena I’ll let you know right away, he added absentmindedly as he reached for his lighter and cupped his hand, before sticking the cigarette in his mouth and lighting the end with the flame.

Even if he didn’t like the taste of the tobacco right on his tongue…

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2019 8:38:26 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"there's also the fact that mightyena are kinda useless compared to the likes of tyranitar and ninetales too, y'know. even i cannot deny that."

he briefly stops with the game console on his hand, lifting his head up and turning to lars as he offers to bring him any poochyena he comes across. "i appreciate that," he adds on a lighthearted note.

it took him a while before he could answer the question though.

"i don't know her personally anyways," he starts, returning to the game he's playing. "i'm sure she has lots of fans that'll do that instead of me though. how about you? you planning to visit her too or something?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2019 18:45:36 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
a very late wrap! My apologies.

“Hey, whatever makes you happy, you do you, Lars replied, adjusting to the lit cigarette he was now holding between his fingers. “Kind of find it unique that someone actually appreciates some of the underused ones, you know?” he adds a few moments later, filing away the mental note to chuck any and all future Poochyena sightings at him in the near future.

With his question, it actually got him thinking.

“…don’t you think, asides from what we’ve been doing, we’re being treated the same as the other members of the League? Like… don’t you think it’s actually time they gave us something… something Ranger-worthy to do. Asides from cornering the usual poachers and helping lost people in the wilderness and shit. It’s driving me nuts, not having much to do, he admits at last.

That train of thought had been on his mind for quite some time now and he couldn’t help but get thinking at the way Kyle had phrased it.

“You? Aren’t you bored of just doing nothing, following blindly?” he muses quietly.

There was…something about this inaction that sat badly with Lars, and he couldn’t get his mind off it.

“Maybe… maybe I would pay her a visit. Don’t know about you, though. There’s something that won’t stop bothering me until I ask her about it…” he adds a few moments later.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2019 18:20:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"having nothing to do's good for me. less work, less worries."

kyle wasn't a workaholic. he prefers not having to do anything if possible, and even if tasks do come his way, he hopes that they weren't important enough for his actions to matter. responsibility was a thing he was ready for, but he does not necessarily welcome them.

"you better visit her while it isn't awkward to do so yet," he reminds, though he was mostly talking about his own anxiety when meeting people he does not personally know. "you're part of her rescue team so they won't question your visit."

he idly taps his foot on the floor as he talks.

"well, if you wait long enough, some people might think weird of it."