treading water [c]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2019 22:16:50 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

Bailey Cooper had to bide her time. “Alto...something. I dunno what they called it,” and the Officer spoke to her Vikavolt as the electric bug buzzed in the air next to her, suspended by the rapid beating of her wings—they had been told to wait for the Gym Leader to formally accept the challenge.[break][break]

One of the gym trainers had told her to grab a book and relax, but she couldn't see the point. It was hard to relax when her mind had already transitioned into a battle mindset.[break][break]

“Never been there. Never heard of it,” and Vicky the Vikavolt bobbed, as if to nod with her trainer's statement. “You should get yourself warmed up—not sure if we'll have to do a challenge before an actual battle,” and the electric-type was eager to buzz away before those words could be fully spoken--flying through the long aisles of the library without a single care. The aisles were like a race track and it was eager to follow its lanes. It was a miracle that the spazzy pokemon had bothered to listen to what Bailey had to say in the first place.[break][break]

Her eyes turned away from her companion, turning back to the towering bookshelves and the towering white walls—this was the nicest building in Petalburg. It felt strange finally stepping through its doors.[break][break]

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2019 23:14:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar

It'd be about fifteen minutes until the same gym trainer approached Bailey once more.

"Alison will see you now. If you will follow me."

She motioned for Bailey to follow her through the twisting corridors of the gym. A keen eye would note images of numerous legendary pokemon within the stonework. The most notable being latias and latios. At one point the pair would pass under gargoyles in the form of said legendaries.

"You must be Bailey!"

There was excitement in her voice as she laid eyes upon her first challenger. Alison stood at the opposite end of the room Bailey now found herself in. Between the two was an enormous pool. The light pouring in from the room's multitude of window's highlighted the submerged stalactites.

"You can go by the way Beatrice."

The gym trainer that lead Bailey left the room without a word.

"You didn't have any trouble finding your way, did you? Most trainers end up lost their first time here."

Alison wasn't sure if Beatrice had lead Bailey the whole way or helped her after she'd gotten lost.

「notes」

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2019 3:47:24 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

“Yep. Sure am,” and that was Bailey Cooper's introduction as she took her stand at the opposite end of the pool.[break][break]

Pokemon battles had always been an outlet for the young Sergeant. She was unable to explain the itch that refused to be scratched—the urge that brought her to these arenas, staring down gym leaders as she let her pokemon reign bedlam. Slateport. An untimely death. These things kept stacking against her, driving her to the bottle or to places like this, where anger could be fuel for her pokemon to utilize.[break][break]

"I flagged down one of your Gym Trainers when I walked in. I got lost in a gym before--never again."[break][break]

There was never enough. Maybe some days were better than others, but as Bailey felt her expression pull into a hard line, she knew this was not one of them. “I'm not holding back.”[break][break]

The first challenger tucked her hands into her pockets, offering only the faintest smile as Vicky the Vikavolt joined her side—the electric-type was still abuzz with an energy that was almost infectious. “Let's see what you got.”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 0:22:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"I'm so sorry to hear! Was that 's gym? I never did like the idea of those challenges. Mazes too? Pah! They're hardly a good way to test someone."

Alison eyed the electric type by Bailey's side.

"Really? Way to make things boring Bailey. You and everybody else are bringing electric pokemon. Maybe I should ban them, what do you think?"

She threw the idea out into the air.

"After all, all it'd take is one spark if there was a gas leak in here for everything to go BOOM."

The woman waved her arms to add flair and laughed softly.

"But that won't happen, probably! Now, let's get started, shall we?"

Alison plucked a single pokeball off her belt and released its contents. An empoleon materialized in the air for a split moment, before hitting the water with a splash.

"Solomon, mist!" She commanded.

Tendrils of mist curl off the water and into the air, slowly obscuring the battlefield.

「Empoleon used mist!」

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 8:04:32 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

She wanted to seem serious. “Don't bring up that place—it happened before the current gym leader took over,” back when Bailey Cooper had been a young pokemon trainer with absolutely no sense of navigation.[break][break]

Even now, the Sergeant is still adrift, following through the motions of life as her lips were pulled into a line smile, not wanting to think back to her past embarrassments. “Hey, I'm blameless. I'd be dumb if I didn't bring one along—you know how this is,” and she tried to suppress her guilt as Vicky prepared herself for combat.[break][break]

“Don't blame the player. Blame the game?” She shrugged at the suggestion of banning electric types. “Your casa. Your rules,” and that was supposed to be the end of the pleasantries. The Sergeant wanted to get serious—she wanted to experience the sense of derealization that came with guiding a pokemon battle, where she would cease to matter and all of her focus could turn to her pokemon.[break][break]

The Vikavolt was itching for a chance to prove herself. “If this place goes up in a bright ball of fire, I'd be pissed,” and Bailey observed the sight of the Emporeon as it was summoned from its capsule. Bailey had one of her own, but she would not let that information be known as MIST filled the room.[break][break]

“I think... It might still be weak to electricity,” and that was what she murmured to her bug. “Even with the steel-typing.”[break][break]

They were just shadows in this mist—but, strangely enough, one floating shadow seemed to suddenly vanish from sight. There had been a strange sound, like blades scraping against stone, and then silence returned to the battlefield.[break][break]

Vikavolt used Dig![break][break]

Bailey held her breath, straining her senses as she tried to listen for their obscured foe.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 17:59:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"You're not breaking anything, are you?"

Alison called out to Bailey upon hearing an odd sound from the mist. She didn't think her insurance would cover whatever Bailey was up to.

"Alright Solomon, you know what to do!"

The empoleon very much did not know what to do. It couldn't see shit, didn't know shit either. What was its trainer thinking making it use mist? She must've been drinking, despite the fact it wasn't even noon yet. God, who drinks before noon?

With no clear view of the enemy, the water type twisted the water around it. Slowly the once still pool became a giant whirlpool, with the emperor penguin at the center of it.

"C'mon Bailey, get your pokemon in the water. It's warm, I promise!"

uZJj3HjI

「You can ignore the roll」
「Empoleon used whirlpool!」

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2019 3:39:16 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontparty"]
[attr="class","frlastcontpoke"]

[break]

“Nope, not breaking anything,” Bailey said like a liar as she squinted through the haze. “What are you even doing? I can't see shit,” but she could hear the running water, twisting as if the pool was running over rapids.[break][break]

Speaking of not seeing shit...the Sergeant glanced to the hole in the ground, wondering where her Vikavolt had tunneled to. Hopefully, her bug wouldn't be stupid enough to try and burrow into the pool—there was a crackling that could be heard overhead, making Bailey direct her gaze upward.[break][break]

Crash was the sound of one of the ceiling tiles as it fell and broke against the ground. “Oh, that's just sly—” and Bailey could faintly see the outline of her bug atop the ceiling as her mandibles glowed with electric energy.[break][break]

vikavolt used zap cannon![break][break]

The attack was launched straight downward, aimed for the center of the spinning body of water.[break][break]

14JEKSj7

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2019 18:56:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The entire surface of the pool erupted with a crash. Water splashed across the room, coating the floor and walls. In rippling waves the water still leaves the pool.

As the mist begins to dissipate one of the waves pushes Empoleon's limp body to the edge of the pool. Its crown screeches as it scrapes against the tile work. "Yknow, this kind of went differently in my head." She said as water dripped off her soaked clothing.

The gym leader returned her fainted empoleon, replacing it with another pokemon Bailey could fry in seconds. Blastoise hit the water with a crash, sending waves and ripples through the water. "Round two, start!" On cue the shellfish pokemon's cannons adjust to Vikavolt's location, firing a hydro pump within seconds.

「Empoleon fainted!
Blastoise used hydro pump!」

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2019 18:31:52 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[break]

She stared at the disaster she had made.[break][break]

“Uh. Fuck,” and Bailey Cooper had been soaked to the bone after the erupting burst of water—thankfully, it had lost its electric charge, or else she would have been toasted just like the Empoleon. “My bad?”[break][break]

Why did she inevitably destroy every gym she walked into?[break][break]

Vicky buzzed her wings, chirping down to her trainer with satisfaction after realizing her attack had demolished her foe. In that moment of celebration, she had failed to notice the swap. It was only when the sound of hydro pump registered that the Vikavolt dropped from her perch atop the ceiling.[break][break]

But not fast enough.[break][break]

The attack clipped the Vikavolt's hard, chitin covered body. It made her spiral off her intended flight path, sending her to the ground where she would catch herself by her tiny, spindled legs. “Shake it off, Vicky,” and the bug would obey her trainer's command, fraying out her wings.[break][break]

Vikavolt used Agility![break]
kX6wMeGh
[break]

And the fast bug would tear off from the ground, circling her foe with her fast, erratic wing beat.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2019 4:30:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"My bad?" She posed the question as if there was a chance that it wasn't her bad.

"We'll get it cleaned up, no worry."

As the Vikavolt hit the nearby ground Alice thought of a new rule for the gym. If you're knocked out of the pool area you're pokemon is disqualified. Instead of mentioning her dissatisfaction Alice simply furrowed her eye brow for a brief moment.

As vikavolt buzzed around the room both Alice and blastoise watched its movement intently. She tried to pin point a pattern to its flying, but failed. The bug was too sporadic in its movements. Which meant she had to take a shot in the dark.

"Hydro pump!"

「Blastoise used hydro pump!」

Gqh62_br
close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2019 8:49:20 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Had it been wise to bank on that?[break][break]

Vicky kept her pattern erratic, utilizing a tactic that her species of pokemon was known for. She had already started to prepare her next attack, letting electricity gather between the gaps of her mandibles. The energy would arc, crackle, and make itself visible in the air as she prepared for another strike.[break][break]

“Wait for it...” and Bailey caught on to her spastic pokemon's plan.[break][break]

When the hydro pump was launched, it created the proper channel for the attack to follow.[break][break]

Vikavolt used Zap Cannon![break]

The hydro pump would hit its mark, but not before the bug would unleash her attack—she could survive another strike from the Blastoise, but could it continue fighting after taking one of hers?

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 1:04:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

When the water subsided all that was left was the distinct smell of burnt flesh. Skin peeled off in the areas where the arcing strands of electricity hit Blastoise. Its body floated in the pool, unconscious from the devastating blow. In a flash of red light Alice returns the unconscious pokemon.

"That was really merciless Bailey. Is this the usual for our cops?"

Alice wrinkles her nose at the smell that clung to the air. The room was in dire need of an open window.

「Blastoise Fainted!」

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 1:11:16 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

Her Vikavolt was withdrawn.[break][break]

“Nah,” and she would start making her way around the edge of the pool and the splattered water that had been forced from its depths. “Just me.”[break][break]

She made a point of not looking at the hole in the ceiling, hoping that the gym leader would not notice it. “That was... a bad match-up. I'm just the type of person that wants to cheese challenges like this.”[break][break]

And she'd extend her hand in a show of good sportsmanship. “We'll fight again, and I'll get a chance to see what you got.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
treading water [c]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2019 1:40:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Well, at least all of Hoenn's police force wasn't like Bailey.

"That's fine. Nothing wrong with using your head in these challenges. I just needed to have a little variety in my team, was all." A smile is plastered on the gym leader's face face.

"Oh for sure. For sure." Alice shook Bailey's outstretched hand. "Good luck with your future challenges, Bailey."

After Bailey left the room Alice took in all the damage to the room. The water pooling across the floor, fractured tiles, and even a hole in the ceiling.

"What did you do to my pool?" She groaned.

「End」