awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 17:35:03 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
news of the fortree gym's re-opening spreads with the speed of a wildfire spreading among treetops. it's a celebration that sees spectators and challengers congregate from all over the region to fortree's wooded streets.

the issue, of course, is that reading a map of the city is borderline impossible.

she's a head scientist, and fernando is a councilman, great minds in theory, and still the two of them struggle to make sense of the twisting alleys, overgrown with leaves, where each path seems identical to the next.

someone walks by them, pace quicker than theirs, and persephone interprets that as confidence. confidence that they know where they're going. she reaches out a hand and taps the person's shoulder.

"hi, sorry, but do you know where the fortree gym is? we're a little... lost?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 17:41:32 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
travel the path less traveled by.

the saying is utter hogwash—something that deserved to be pined onto a rustic wooden board strewn up as decoration for a dorm room. yet, fernando can't help but feel compelled to follow it. anything to delay their inevitable destination. the longer he's out on the field, the longer he's delaying his work, the more time he gets to spend with his beloved. he cherishes it no matter how mundane and that's why he delays.

delay the inevitable, up until the last second ticks.

however, his purpose still remains. the pretense of a celebration comes second to his primary objective. fortree's gym is now under the jurisdiction of . personally, he's yet to find a chance to engage with the new gym leader but that'll come with time. the house warming visit of the new gym presents an opportunity and one he will not deny.

, , , and now .

are they worthy of the mantle of gym leader?

he reserves his judgement until the time is right. a live demonstration is always the best way to test someone's mettle.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 17:47:28 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"Ah, you too?"

The words were said with a mixture of relief and content. He wasn't alone in the endeavor and he wasn't being stupid by not being able to find the gym. He had lived in Hoenn for majority of his life, and he has yet found himself needing to traverse the forests of Fortree. The layout of the city seemed to complicated for his simple mind.

"I'm trying to find it too," he confesses, "but I think it's right over..."

He staggers his words as he moves his hand from one direction to a random one. Eventually, it rests on a large structure that he can only assume to house an arena for battles.

"...there."

This supposedly was a Flying-type gym anyways, and anything that looked like it could open its roof to let the birds fly free seemed like a candidate for the Fortree Gym.

"I think it's that. I'm not so sure."

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 18:11:27 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

Fortree City was weird.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper navigated the forest city without any urgency, without any pleasure. Her dead-pan stare did not humor the towering heights or the green scenery. She had something else on her mind—the gym would have to show up eventually. [break][break]

“If I walk down this street one more time, I'm just gonna have you fly me there,” the Sergeant said to her Togekiss, watching as the fairy took advantage of the blue skies that loomed overhead. The flying marshmallow would rise to great heights, swelling with the wind and with each beat of her wings.[break][break]

It looked like fun, but Bailey wasn't in the mood to humor it. She wanted a distraction. She wanted a pokemon battle.[break][break]

Her eyes spot white, blue, and then purple. It was an ensemble of hair colors that made the Sergeant pause at the other end of the street. “What are they all doing?” And even Tink swept back down to Bailey's shoulder, equally curious. “Should we say hi? Or should we just ditch—” and Bailey flinched at the wing slap that collided against the back of her head. [break][break]

“I was joking,” a lie as Bailey Cooper was snapped from her rotten mood. “You know, you can be a real bitch sometimes,” but Tink seemed pleased as the Sergeant was dragged out of her brooding. Maybe some conversation would be good for her.[break][break]

It only took a moment to approach the ground—her boots grinding into the dirt with every step. “Did I miss a memo?”

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

, ,[break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 18:36:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar

“Was it this way?”

Alison peaked around the corner to her left.

“Or was it this way?”

She turned her head to look around the corner to her right.

“Ugh, who am I kidding? It’s probably neither!”

The woman groaned. She’d found herself lost in the city, her luck just as bad as ‘s. With no one to guide her, Alison thought it wise to place her trust in her own sense of navigation. She must have rolled a one for that stat though because Alison only found herself even farther away from the gym than when she'd started.

“Alright, fuck it. I’m asking someone for help,” she thought in defeat.

Looking around she’d spot a gathering group of people. Surely they knew the way.

“Hey, how’s it going you guys?”

Alison cheerily walked up to the group.

“Do any of you guys know where the gym is? I’ve been looking for it for aaaages.”

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2019 18:43:27 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frphoes"]
[attr="class","frphoetops"]
[attr="class","frphoeimgs"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs"]
[PTabbedContent]

[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-quote"]
]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics"]

HIGHER AND HIGHER[break]YOU CHASE IT

IT'S DEEP IN YOUR BLOOD, GO AND TAKE IT

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-android-pin"]
]
[attr="class","frphoelyrics"]

352 WORDS

WRITTEN FOR

[/PTab={background-color:transparent;width:400px;height:120px;padding:0px!important;margin:-23px -3px -3px -3px;position:absolute;z-index:0;}]
[PTab=
[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-chatbubble"]
]
[attr="class","frphoenotess"]
[attr="class","frphoenotess2"]

mission details

[/PTabbedContent={width:400px;background-color:transparent;height:120px;padding:0px!important;border:0px!important;margin-left:0px;margin-top:0px;text-align:justify;color:#494949;font-size:10px;animation:fade;}]

[attr="class","frphoetabs1"][attr="class","ion-headphone"]

[attr="class","frphoetabs2"]

[attr="class","frphoeposts1"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts2"]
[attr="class","frphoeposts3"]

Stormy had never really set foot in Fortree for longer than she had to. The city was made up of an abundance of trees and tree-top homes. It honestly looked like a kids dream come true.[break][break]

The woman had been encouraged to visit the forest city due to the recent news of the Fortree gym opening. It had apparently been closed for renovations for quite some time, while the gym leader tended to an influx of injured avians. Whatever the reason had been, the sanctuary slash gym had been reopened for the public to see.[break][break]

And, of course, Stormy wasn't missing an opportunity like this. But, unlike the rest of the gang that all seemed to be gathering in the excitement of the re-opening, Stormy had decided to simply fly to the gym. From above the treetops, it was easy to pinpoint the giant building. The roof was open, and she could plainly see dozens of flying-type or flying-capable Pokemon enjoying themselves above the building.[break][break]

She had just about reached the gym when Altaria's kind heart stopped her. She had seen the horde of people crowding around in confusion, clearly not sure where they were supposed to be going. It's not like there were signs to direct people anywhere, the people of Fortree had no issues navigating their home.[break][break]

The dragon-type would hesitate in the air, glancing back at Stormy and gesturing to the ground where the people were. With a sigh, Stormy agreed. She had been trying to avoid the harem of individuals because Fernando was among them.[break][break]

"Hey guys, it's over here. I assume you're all here for the gym. Y'know, it's a lot easier to just fly."[break][break]

Altaria would keep her airborne, and she would wave down to them from the back of the bird. It trilled in mild amusement, waiting for the group to either follow them or ignore them.[break][break]

[attr="class","frphoeposts3"]

[attr="class","frphoelyrics3"]

WELCOME TO THE WAR WE'VE ONLY BEGUN, SO PICK UP YOUR WEAPON AND FACE IT

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Playfair Display:300,400,700,800][googlefont=Raleway:400,700,800]
[newclass=.frphoes table]margin:0px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes]width:500px;background-color:#202020;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetops]background-color:#dea02c;height:120px;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeimgs]position:absolute;height:100px;width:100px;padding:10px;background-color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs]position:absolute;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1]padding:30px;border-left:solid 85px #151515;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts2]border-left:solid 1px #292929;border-right:solid 1px #292929;padding:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts3]border-left:solid 25px #292929;border-right:solid 25px #292929;height:1px;margin:-30px -30px 30px -30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics3]background-color:#dea02c;font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:right;padding:30px;line-height:10px;color:#202020;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyric a]font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoeposts1 i]font:bold 11px Playfair Display;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoeposts1 b]10px Roboto;color:#dea02c[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoetabs1]height:35px;width:35px;background-color:#eeeeee;line-height:35px;text-align:center;font-size:15px;color:#dea02c;margin-left:140px;position:absolute;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoetabs2]height:35px;width:80px;float:right;background-color:rgba(0,0,0,.15);margin-top:85px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics]font:bold 10px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;color:#202020;line-height:10px;padding-left:140px;padding-top:5px;position:relative;z-index:-1;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics h1]font:30px Raleway;font-weight:800!important;letter-spacing:-3px;color:#eeeeee;line-height:25px;padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoelyrics a]font:bold 10px Roboto!important;color:#eeeeee!important;line-height:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoenotess]margin-left:140px;height:65px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;font:bold 10px Roboto;color:#eeeeee;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#999999;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease; -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease; -o-transition: all 0.2s ease;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frphoes .PT_table .PT_tabs_selected_hover]border: 0px;text-align:center;background-color: transparent;color:#eeeeee;font:bold 10px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:10px;position:absolute;margin-top:72px;margin-left:-6px;cursor:pointer;z-index:11;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,041 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 16:42:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","coveredhills"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-top"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-icon"][attr="class","lnr lnr-cloud"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-img"]

snow-covered hills

can i sail through the changing ocean tides?

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag-2"]TAGGED

#@ tag

#@ tag

#@ tag

[attr="class","coveredhills-2"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn-2"]PKMN

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]? zweilous

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]dysha sylveon

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]? lilligant

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]carina cutiefly

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]mishka altaria

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]? bewear

[attr="class","coveredhills-post"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-post-1"]

Bless the lucky timing that he’d gotten a new shipment of specially-tailored clothes, and was definitely willing to try them out. He wasn’t… exactly in the mood for going out today, but the moment he’d heard word from some of the locals that there was a group of League officials that were in the area—and were actively looking for his Gym did he know he was in for it.[break][break]

…and to think he was looking for a reason to actually…try these new clothes out! Cracking a bit of a smile, he then stretched his arms above his head and began to get to work.[break][break]

[break]
There…was a definite reason why these clothes were made this particular way. Honestly, due to his substantial bulk he couldn’t pull off having to dress up in much more revealing clothes, but he felt he… she did something reasonably well? Looking over at his—well, for the moment, her reflection in the mirror, he—she coughed a bit and then practiced saying a few words in front of the mirror.[break][break]

Wondering if any of them knew at all about his rather large collection of non-Flying types, he decided to let the little Cutiefly scout on ahead through the area—due to her nearly minuscule, tiny size it would be near-impossible for them to see the little flitter, humming along the updrafts…[break][break]

Luckily enough he already had experience wearing these heeled boots, having already donned them a few times before and practiced walking around for them. Now all he had to do was make sure his voice was neutral enough—and he began calling out for the little Cutiefly, although he knew extremely well that he was literally flying under everyone’s noses in this getup of his.[break][break]

“Carina?” she called out, looking around as she fought her way through the undergrowth, making sure that the somewhat thick-looking coat didn’t get tangled on the bushes. “Carina, please come back! Where are you?! she continued, wrestling with the fact that she had to keep her hair out of the way of the undergrowth.[break][break]

Eventually she’d come across the…strange gathering of people who’d seemingly clustered together, as if looking for something.[break][break]

“Uhm… excuse me, but… has anyone of you seen a Cutiefly?” she asked them, hoping that someone would be able to point out where the hell the little dual-type had gone off to.[break][break]

the disguise, with well-practiced makeup so nobody knows it's him![break][break]

, , , , , (gee all your tags broke my template, oof)[break][break]

[attr="class","coveredhills-notes"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-notes-2"]

word count: 395 :eyes:

BY: PHARAOH LEAP, FOR VEN

[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Montserrat:200,300,400,700]

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2 .a]margin-top:-1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post]padding:35px 35px 0px 106px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills] }.ch-p:hover + .ch-p-2 { opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

perse
she / her
twenty-four
november 23
sootopolis
good q
lorekeeper / elite four
elite four
185 height
185 height
my own blood pains me, the salt as much as the vein
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @perse
persephone amavi
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 18:58:34 GMT
persephone amavi Avatar
the congregation quickly grows in number, though persephone can't say she's surprised; after all the fortree gym's opening is nothing if not a long-awaited occasion.

her gaze flits between the group her lips parted to form an answer, but she never gets an opportunity to reply to any of them. persephone looks up upon hearing the voice from above and has to make a conscious effort to not roll her eyes, instead shooting a quick glance and a ghost of a smile to bailey and her togekiss.

of course flying above the tree-tops and directly to the gym is an obvious option. after all, hopefully everyone intending to challenge a flying-type gym has pokemon capable of flight. however, custom dictates that an integral part of a gym challenge is the act of travel; from pokemon center to the site of the gym — short-cuts are frowned upon because a town is more than just its gym.

commotion in the undergrowth catches her interest, and persephone watches as a woman emerges and inquires about a missing cutiefly. she blinks rapidly once, twice, as if caught off-guard, but smiles anyway. what's one more detour?

wordlessly she releases a luxray in a burst of light, and the pokemon takes a second to take in its surroundings before bumping her arm lovingly with his large, fluffy head, purring affectionately. persephone's smile turns genuine, and she rubs the pokemon's head. she waits a moment longer, allowing it the chance to mewl a greeting to fernando — someone it recognises as close to her — before giving the pokemon directions.

"check to see if you can see a cutiefly in the area for me, please."

the luxray gazes around them with its superior eyesight. with the ability to see through the undergrowth itself, it shouldn't be hard to locate the lost cutiefly.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 20:06:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
cutiefly?

the world of pokemon expands with each new discovery and unfortunately fernando doesn't have the luxury of knowing them all. his time is already torn across his different responsibilities and acquainting himself with every species is a task best left on a need-to-know basis. instinctively, he pulls out his pokedex and pulls up the pokemon's information, reading over the insects description, size, and natural behaviors.

persephone engages in the stranger's request and fernando has no option but to be roped in by proxy. it's not like he can leave a damsel in distress, much less in front of so many people. persephone's luxray is the first one out and he meets it with a smile. the way she handles her pokemon is different then his own and he treats them accordingly—more pet then solider.

still, persephone's idea is a brilliant one. the luxray's x-ray vision will allow it to discern the pokemon through the city's thick vegetation and underbrush. however, that doesn't alleviate the initial problem: the pokemon is so incredulously small. up close, being able to piece out the tiny insect might not be a problem but over a distance?

"FORESIGHT."

fernando's solution is to perceive the pokemon at a level that extends past physical observation. the riolu he calls upon lands with a gentle plop and scowls at the rest of them, poised to leap into action. being surrounded by so many people always makes the pokemon uneasy, at least upon being summoned. the usual context is being pulled into an abrupt battle but a moment to digest its surroundings makes the pokemon realize this is anything but.

"we're looking for a bug pokemon the size of my palm."

with more thorough instructions, the pokemon can infer that its purpose is to locate the pokemon via aura. it closes its eyes and begins to channel the FORESIGHT, probing the surroundings for the many forms of life that exist around them. filtering out anything that's bigger then fernando's hand makes it easier to search for the missing pokemon.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2019 23:14:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
It didn't take long for the group of lost people to double in number. While misery loves company, it didn't help their situation at all. At least, until Stormy came along.

He'd react to her, had it not been for the arrival of another girl that lost her Pokemon.

"No, not really,"
he answers her inquiry.

The two well-known League officials immediately went to send their Pokemon out in an effort to locate the alleged missing Pokemon. It was only natural for their first response for a question of that nature to be something relating to assistance to finding her Pokemon.

For once, Kyle was glad that he wasn't the one responsible for locating someone or something.

Kyle already had Foxtrot out, the Mightyena being responsible of guiding him back to the Pokemon Center should he get lost trying to find the gym. He would have asked the Dark-type to look for the scent of honey, a substance the bug was associated with, but with two others on the case, he'd rather not waste any effort if the two were willing to do so.

"It's rude to stare, Foxtrot," he'd scold in a hushed tone.

He held the Pokemon in between his legs. Its eyes were on the Cutiefly girl, glaring intently, if not seemingly curious about the character.

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2019 6:55:10 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

I GOT A BEAST THAT CALLS MY NAME. YEAH, IT COMES IN THE NIGHT AND IT AIN'T SATISFIED TILL WE'RE BOTH GOING UP IN FLAMES. IT'S THE BLOOD THAT I BLEED, IT'S THE LOVE THAT I NEED, AND IT'S ALL OUT OF MY CONTROL, AND IT AIN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN SAVE.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

Wait, was everyone here for the gym?[break][break]

Bailey Cooper could have groaned at that realization—there was probably a line wrapped around the gym, wherever the hell it was. The Sergeant could feel her combativeness vanish with one fell swoop. Who would want to wait in a fucking line to challenge a gym? It took the fun out of it. It made it seem like she was standing in an assembly line.[break][break]

What happened to the good old days where a trainer could walk up to a fire gym with a water-type and just sweep the joint? Nowadays, gym leaders were hellbent on dragging out fights to the bitter end—maybe they were hoping it could yield a new Champion that could be ready for Rocket, but Bailey just saw it as another reason to find any possible exploit to secure a victory.[break][break]

“Sup, Alison?” What a coincidence.[break][break]

The Sergeant turned her attention back to the group, just as a...wait, was that a chick? Bailey Cooper squinted at the woman and her concerns after losing her... Cutiefly? The woman's voice sounded too gravely, but only for one split second. “Hey kid, you shouldn't smoke. It's bad for you,” and the Sergeant had to stand on the tips of her toes to peer at Fernando's pokedex.[break][break]

A new objective and familiar faces managed to disperse her bad mood—she was happy to latch onto the distraction.[break][break]

“Look at that dumb face—I want one,” and the Councilman would know how dangerous that statement was, even if Bailey had no intention of treating this bug to the “delibird” treatment. Fuck that is small. No wonder it got lost.”[break][break]

She would whistle up to the skies. “Ay Tink! You're a fairy, right? Use your fairy senses and find your kin!” She joked, only for the marshmallow to flip her off with one of her feathers. “Hah, she hates that.”[break][break]

“Anyway, I got an idea,” and this was supposed to be the part where everyone lunged to Bailey to keep her from doing something stupid. “One of my pokemon knows Sweet Scent—might help coax the little thing out from where it's hiding?”[break][break]

She summoned her Tsareena. “This is Fruity Tooty,” and Bailey held out a hand for the grass queen as they engaged in a complex handshake, slapping hands and bumping knuckles as if they were old friends. “She's a bad bitch.”

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

too lazy 2 tag

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
see it through [ inv ]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2019 4:11:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!
[attr="class","reward2"]all of you receive the following: 5 pokedollars!
[break]