POSTED ON Mar 15, 2019 16:17:02 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","coveredhills"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-top"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-icon"][attr="class","lnr lnr-cloud"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-img"]

snow-covered hills

can i sail through the changing ocean tides?

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag"]

[attr="class","coveredhills-tag-2"]TAGGED

[attr="class","coveredhills-2"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-pkmn-2"]PKMN

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]kyouya braviary

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]gabriel salamence

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]? roserade

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]carina cutiefly

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]agni magmortar

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p-2"]? zweilous

[attr="class","coveredhills-post"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-post-1"]

Maybe it was pure, sheer luck that this new assignment was taking place in the evening.[break][break]

All the same, it was still pretty dangerous so he knew that they had to move with as much stealth that was allowed to them.[break][break]

Which meant he had to pick out his team carefully; weighing so many options before flying out to Mauville before walking the rest of the way to Slateport on the underside of the Cycling Road, hoping that nobody would recognize him as he slipped by.[break][break]

To be honest he was debating on whether or not to show up in his ‘disguise’, but since he knew he could trust his companion, he decided not to surprise him.[break][break]

Instead he’d resorted to grabbing one of the few jackets that his ex-boyfriend had left at his apartment—conveniently, it had a hood that could hide the upper half of his face—and he’d chosen to wear this one now, along with one of his black scarves draped around his neck.[break][break]

It looked like he’d literally walked out of a men’s store—only most of everything he had on was a dark share of either midnight-blue or black—his lace-up boots, the midnight-blue jeans, the jacket—and inside the jacket he was wearing a light black undershirt.[break][break]

Now, where was his partner and companion?

[attr="class","coveredhills-notes"]
[attr="class","coveredhills-notes-2"]

word count: 221; for the mission: Retrieval

BY: PHARAOH LEAP, FOR VEN

[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]
[googlefont=Montserrat:200,300,400,700]

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2 .a]margin-top:-1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post]padding:35px 35px 0px 106px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills] }.ch-p:hover + .ch-p-2 { opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
what briefcase? [mission]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2019 16:47:55 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The former agent of the International Police wouldn't be arriving as Thomas Benoit. Rather, the man who would approach his frequent partner in crime would be Taiga Suzuki, a recent recruit into the ranks of Team Rocket. As he approached, 'Suzuki' would point a laser pointer at the nearest beam within Alexei's sights, clicking it on and off in rapid succession five times while they were alone, to signal that it was his partner. Height aside, 'Suzuki' was dressed like any other Rocket Grunt, including the all too familiar black uniform with the white R on the torso, and the white hat. His green eyes were masqueraded with cosmetic contact lenses, disguising them as brown eyes. His hair was worn messy under the cap, practically spilling out.

"What, couldn't swipe a uniform in your size?", 'Suzuki' would quietly ask his partner. "Well, we can try to pass you off as a hopeful, or at least someone who didn't get their uniform yet.", he'd offer, clearly worried about encountering someone either in the upper ranks, or just smart enough to see through their bluff. "In any case, my name from here on out is Taiga Suzuki.", the incognito trainer would inform his companion. "Just act cool, and we should be able to get through this with little issue. Though if we do run into any Rockets, be prepared to... demonstrate your affiliation.", Thomas would warn Alexei.

Thomas feared that they would end up being pulled into assisting someone. As long as it wasn't someone who would be able to keep track of recruits, then they should be fine. If not, then they'd have to escape.

tags:
notes: 'Suzuki' greets Alexei

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Mar 25, 2019 16:29:45 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

It didn’t take too long for him to spot a laser pointer not too far from where he was waiting, flashing and blinking a few times in rapid succession and catching his immediate attention.[break][break]

There was only one person who knew to use that call sign, and he looked up—at least, looked up as best as he could while maintaining the hood of his jacket down to cover his nose and only show the bottom half of his face.[break][break]

“I was thinking of going as the potential ‘new recruit’ track, lucky you got a suit in your size, he replied by way of greeting. “Either that, or we can go with me not having my ‘outfit’ yet,” he added with a hint of a grin crossing his face.[break][break]

“You know why I can’t show my face—anyone worth their salt would recognize it’s me right away, you know how prominent my nose is, he continued a few moments later.[break][break]

“Of course, I’ll keep that in mind,” he went on, falling in step beside his companion for the evening—and even if he really didn’t want to have to bust up someone—anyone, actually—within the city, he was going to have to be heavy-handed about it. [break][break]

Looking this way and that, they weren’t set on by anyone yet—which was good, for now.[break][break]

“Last word of this thing we’re looking for is in some area… some distance from where we are. Hopefully nobody’s opened it yet, because who knows what’s inside it. Whatever it is, well, I hope it’s nothing too concerning…” he added a few moments later.[break][break]

So far, so good. Nobody else had caught sight of them…at least, not for the moment.

word count: 285

[newclass=.coveredhills]padding:14px;border:solid 1px #252525;width:500px;background-color:#2e2e2e;color:#aaaaaa;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top]position:relative;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;overflow:hidden;border:solid 1px #252525;border-bottom:none;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;padding:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-icon]position:absolute;font-size:250px;line-height:250px;margin:-90px 0px 0px 225px;opacity:.10;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img]float:left;height:100px;width:100px;padding:24px;background-color:#292929;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:-60px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-img img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h1]margin:-5px 0px 0px 0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:32px Montserrat;letter-spacing:-2px;font-weight:700!important;font-style:italic;line-height:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-top h2]margin:0px;padding:0px;text-align:right;font:bold 9px Roboto;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag]overflow:hidden;text-transform:uppercase;height:30px;border:solid 1px #252525;padding:19px;background-color:#333333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div]line-height:10px;color:#a26dbd;letter-spacing:.5px;font:bold 9px Roboto;padding:9px 13px;border-radius:15px;float:left;margin-right:5px;margin-bottom:19px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#2e2e2e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag div a]font:bold 9px Roboto;color:#eeeeee!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-tag-2]background-color:#a26dbd!important;color:#2e2e2e!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-2]margin-top:-1px;border:solid 1px #252525;height:421px;background-color:#2c2c2c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn]margin:-1px 0px 0px -1px;float:left;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;width:70px;height:396px;text-align:center;padding:5px 0px 20px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-pkmn-2]text-align:left;position:absolute;font:20px Montserrat;font-weight:700!important;line-height:20px;font-style:italic;padding:26px;height:18px;background-color:#a26dbd;background:linear-gradient(to bottom left,#a26dbd,#b691c4);color:#2e2e2e;width:70px;white-space:nowrap;transform:rotate(-90deg);margin:320px 0px 0px -26px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p]filter:grayscale(50%);margin-top:15px;cursor:pointer;height:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ch-p-2]color:#eeeeee;-webkit-transition: all .2s ease; -moz-transition: all .2s ease; -o-transition: all .2s ease;opacity:0;position:absolute;background-color:#333333;padding:24px;width:450px;text-align:left;margin-top:-119px;font:20px Montserrat;line-height:20px;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1]height:265px;overflow:auto;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-post-1::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes]margin:20px 35px 0px 106px;border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#303030;padding:19px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2]height:24px;overflow:auto;padding-right:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:solid 1px #252525;background-color:#282828;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.coveredhills-notes-2::-webkit-scrollbar]width:9px;background-color:transparent;border:none;border-radius:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2019 6:09:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"I gotta ask, if someone tells you to take the hood off, what's your excuse gonna be?", 'Taiga' would inquire. Sure, they could try to play off his facial similarities as mere coincidence, but the fact that Alexei had distinctive facial features was a bit of a problem. "Here, before we go, I got some fake scars we could quickly apply to your face, maybe even a pair of cosmetic contact lenses to change up your eye color. And I can assure you that they've been thoroughly cleaned.", 'Taiga' offered his companion.

Whether or not he took the offer, 'Taiga' would set off into the city with his friend. "I got an earpiece hooked up to my phone that can help us hone in on the tracker.", 'Taiga' whispered to his companion, pointing to the discrete black earpiece in his ear. Indeed, the device didn't look out of place with the Rocket uniform, something that could be passed off as a communicator between other Rockets as needed.

Indeed, the earpiece the former Interpol Agent wore in his ear would give off a soft ping noise that would increase in frequency of pings the closer they got to the package. It was quiet enough not only to prevent damage to his hearing, but more than quiet enough to avoid detection from other Rockets.

tags:
notes: Offering some options to maintain cover

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 1:46:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“I hope it doesn’t end up that way,” was all he said, shrugging his shoulders and moving them around a bit. He was therefore surprised to see a case for contacts being offered his way—and then he realized that there was that one in a million chance they were going to possibly be accosted by who knew what and probably get questioned, not to mention fucking scrutinized.[break][break]

“I mean, if it works,” he continued, reaching for the contacts and the make-up. Now, he didn’t want to tell Thomas about the fact that he was running around disguised as a drag queen from time to time, but all the same he was thankful for the disguise materials.[break][break]

“Alright, give me like, five minutes,” he added. Thankfully he knew how to place contacts on—and when he popped the small dish open he very nearly let out a guffaw.[break][break]

“Nice choice,” he remarked, turning around so he had a little bit of privacy. In no time flat he’d managed to get the contacts onto his eyes, and his normal purple eyes were now overshadowed by a very deep brownish-red, so dark that his natural eye color was all but obliterated under the fake color.[break][break]

The scars he had to figure out which went where, but with a little magic he was able to hide the eye bags he had, before raising up his hood just a little bit.[break][break]

“You look just like one of those… what’cha call ‘em… executives? Eh, just what you call the higher-ups. Anyway, let’s go,” he said a few moments later. He was debating on switching his voice around so it sounded a little deeper than normal, but would only do it if in case they were cornered by some actual Rockets.[break][break]

Either way, it was time to start searching for the suitcase and get it out of the city safely… if it hadn’t been opened by the Rockets yet.

word count: 323; disguise is on and good to go~

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 9:17:24 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

'Taiga' waited as his friend took the cosmetics. Within minutes, the features of the Gym Leader were changed around just enough to throw off some suspicion. The fact that his eyes were of a different color, and that his face was marked with scars would give them some breathing room, should they encounter other Rockets.

'Taiga' couldn't help but chuckle at his remark about looking like one of the higher ups. In all honesty, his cover was just that of a Grunt, someone low and insignificant in the pecking order. The fact that he was a big guy helped sell the idea of him being just more muscle for the Team, but it also made him stick out like a sore thumb.

As 'Taiga' and his friend were closing in on the objective, a Rocket Grunt would flag him down. "Oi, you two!", the Grunt called out. 'Taiga' would look to his companion, before waiting for the Grunt to approach him. "So who's your friend here, big guy?", the Grunt would ask him.

"He's a friend of mine, new meat, actually. There a problem with that?", 'Taiga' would ask the shorter Grunt. "Ah, you bringing friends, then? Good! We could always use more people!", the Grunt would reply to him.

Just then, the trio would hear a man screaming and pleading from a nearby building. "Ah, here's your chance to prove yourself to us!", the Grunt would call out enthusiastically, as a grungy man was being violently dragged out of a building by a pair of Grunts.

tags:
notes: Here comes trouble!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 16:58:41 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

Thank Arceus he already knew how to do makeup, so it wasn’t too much of an issue when it came to him finishing up quickly. He was loathe—actually, to put it simply he was afraid to ask the other if they were close enough, since he was the one with the earpiece.[break][break]

Just as they rounded a corner, who would they come across but an actual, legitimate Team Rocket grunt! Thank the fuck Thomas—Taiga, actually—had managed to acquire the outfit and he was the one who was accosted, not him.[break][break]

…and then it was thankful foresight he was wearing one of Leslie’s baggy jackets that allowed him to hide enough of his face. Nodding quietly in the Grunt’s direction, he was about to speak when the shouts of someone trying to shove off the Grunts that were holding him down bore down on them.[break][break]

Now, see here, Alexei wanted to rescue the man but since… they were caught in between a rock and a hard place as of now he knew that they had no other choice. Get this done, hope they leave us, and then we can continue searching for that briefcase… he thought as he then held out a hand in his companion’s direction.[break][break]

“I’ll do it,” he said, adopting an accent that made him sound a little foreign—maybe Kalosian if his guess was right, but who knew—before stepping forward. He didn’t want to reveal his face in front of the Grunt, or the other two as they unceremoniously tossed the man out onto the pavement, laughing and making a fool out of the guy.[break][break]

It… was a mess, really. He knew he had to do something, so biting his lip for a few moments and swearing in the back of his mind, he then headed over to the fallen man and began roughing him up, grabbing him by the shoulder—and much tempted as he was to break out in his native Unovan, he decided to stick with the accent he’d let slip a few moments ago.[break][break]

“You know better than to make ‘em angry, right?” he began, looking the man in the eye. When the civilian looked down at the hooded figure, all he would see was a pair of creepy, reddish-brown eyes staring at him. “Now pay up!” he continued, voice getting rougher as he began to shake him down, going through the other man’s pockets as he began to cry and shout for help.[break][break]

“Ah, you won’t shut up, huh…” he growled, taking aim and landing a punch on the jaw, which caused the other to shut up before he continued searching through the pockets and finding a rather thick wallet.[break][break]

“Looks like the jackpot’s here,” he said, turning around and tossing the wallet in Taiga’s direction.

word count: 468; shit shit shit shit

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2019 20:28:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

'Taiga' could only watch as his companion had to prove himself to the other Rockets. In truth, he wanted to take out the Rockets as well, to give the man a chance to escape. But alas, 'Taiga' would have blown his cover with such an action. All he could do was suffer in silence, as he watched his friend have to do something ugly, in order to maintain their cover.

Once they pulled out a wallet, Taiga would catch it, before handing it off to the two Rockets that initially seized the man. "You found 'im first.", 'Taiga' would tell the two Rockets, before walking up to the sniveling bum. Taiga, in response, would grab the man by the collar. "You thought you could hold out on us, didn't you?", Taiga would ask the man, his tone low. The man would plead with the larger man to stop, only to be met with a harsh punch to the gut, then to the jaw.

"You shoulda left when everyone else was leavin', you stupid fuck!", Taiga suddenly bellowed out, berating the man, while straddling and beating him down without a shred of mercy. After a good few moments, where it looked like Taiga might actually kill the poor man, the Rocket Grunt that initially accosted the duo would intervene, pulling the larger Rocket back as best he could. "Holy shit, man, save some for us!", the Grunt told him. Taiga would finally back off as the other two Grunts would grab the man by his arms, and begin to drag him off down the streets of Slateport.

"That was some good shit, but don't overdue it! We can't ransom off a corpse, y'know!", the smaller Rocket would tell Taiga. "That's if he has anyone who gives enough of a shit to pay his ransom.", 'Taiga' would remark, shifting back to his ice cold tone from earlier. "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, yeah?", the Grunt would reply. "If ya say so.", Taiga replied. "Well, in any case, I'll let you two go, I know you gotta get ya boy here situated!", the Grunt would tell them, before going off to join his friends.

After giving him a casual wave off, 'Taiga' would wait for the shorter Grunt to leave, before continuing on with Alexei towards their destination. "Fuckin' runt...", Taiga muttered quietly under his breath, clearly not at all pleased with what happened.

tags:
notes: Welp, that happened.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON May 25, 2019 15:14:59 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

Well, that went down… quite well.[break][break]

At least, well enough to actually fool the legitimate Rockets that were gathered around that he wasn’t someone from the League! He decided to keep his silence, standing back while the dastardly idiots did their thing, and waited with held breath until they’d cleared out.[break][break]

Thankfully there were no more other Rocket grunts to waylay them, and once they’d reached a deserted alleyway some distance away, he swerved into it, hoping the other would follow. Looking around just to make sure that there was nobody else following them, he then shook the hood off and sighed.[break][break]

“I… I don’t feel so good,” he began softly, shaking his wrist. “Ugh. I… you know, I hate faking shit like that…” he added a few moments later, wondering how bad the legitimate Grunts would be handling the hostage they’d taken…who knows where.[break][break]

That aside…[break][break]

“…you found where it is?” he continued a few moments later. Hoping that nobody else would slip in and question them as to what the hell they were doing there.

word count: 177; now he's upset

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON May 26, 2019 5:01:11 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As 'Taiga' turned into the alleyway with Alexei, the wave of regret over what they had to do came over him. Without even bothering to see if the coast was clear, 'Taiga' punched the nearest wall in anger. Even if throwing that man under the bus was the best thing that could've been done, given the situation they were in, he still hated having to do it. He knew what those monsters were going to do to the man in the time it took them to ransom him off, assuming someone even cared enough to pay his ransom, or would manage to pull him out of Slateport in time.

"So do I, but at this point, we can't afford to fight through Slateport. Believe me when I say that I would've loved to have smeared that shitstain and his friends against the nearest wall, but such an act would be suicide.", 'Taiga' quietly told his partner, putting a hand on his shoulder gently, as an attempt at a reassuring gesture.

"Yeah, it should be in this apartment building. There's should be a back entrance in this alley, actually.", he would tell Alexei, before leading the way into the nearest door on their right. Upon entering, 'Taiga' would pull out a flashlight, slowly leading the way into the building. "According to the intel I got, the package should be in Room 115.", he'd tell his partner quietly.

The inside of the apartment complex itself was in shambles. From what they could see within, the place looked like it was ransacked in the aftermath of the invasion. The rooms with their doors ajar were all in disarray, with anything that could be carried out having already been carried out of the room long ago.

Finally, the duo would reach Room 115, with 'Taiga' finding that the door had been kicked in, but closed. "Moment of truth.", he whispered to Alexei, before going in.

tags:
notes: Here we are

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON May 27, 2019 12:54:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

“If only they would’ve left us alone sooner. Shit, we should’ve been out of here by now,” he mused, letting out an exasperated sigh he didn’t know he was holding in. Why did they have to get held up by the legitimate Rocket Grunts, he wouldn’t know.[break][break]

…but at least they both had some kind of disguise to slip around in and wander through Slateport mostly undetected. At least, Thomas would—if ever he had to come into this place again he would need at least one pair of the Team Rocket outfit so he could slip around unseen. Well, as unseen as possible anyway.[break][break]

“You mind if I get the shade of the contacts you gave me later? Shit might come in handy when I might have to sneak in this place. Just have to find a Rocket suit big enough to fit me, he hummed presently. Eventually he followed the other to an entrance not too far away, before taking mental notes as to what room they were looking for.[break][break]

“…this place is a shit dump, and that’s me speaking as kindly as possible,” he muttered not too long after they’d began sweeping through the place. Whatever had been left behind of value was definitely gone, if not outright stolen. “You think we’d be able to find something in this mess?” he asked the other, catching sight of a door labeled “115” hanging slightly off its hinges.[break][break]

“Gee, and they didn’t even bother leaving the door properly closed—then again this is Rocket, what was I thinking, he muttered, stepping inside first and doing a quick scan of the dusty room. Whatever it was they were looking for, it…[break][break]

…it was nowhere to be easily seen.[break][break]

Had they been lured into a trap?

word count: 295; where's the precious

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2019 7:15:21 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Upon opening the door to the apartment, 'Taiga' would sweep around the area with the flashlight. The man would carefully comb over the apartment, looking out for any signs of others inside of the apartment, or at the very least, traces of the case they were looking for. The good news was that there were no signs of life in the complex, aside from those of himself, and his partner. Interestingly, there were no signs of a discarded briefcase, or even a tracking device laying around in the devastation.

'Taiga' would then begin carefully climbing over the fallen bookshelves, hearing the beacon go wild. The brown-haired man would begin to knock on the walls of the apartment gently, until he managed to find something off about the wall he knocked on. A section of it had been plastered over. Balling up his hand into a fist, 'Taiga' would punch at the section of wall, punching a hole clean through the plaster. He would then grope around inside of the hole he created, until he felt the handle of a suitcase from within.

"Jackpot!", he exclaimed, before pulling his hand out of the wall, and proceeding to punch around the hole he made, widening it, before finally going back in to pull out a suitcase.

'Taiga' would open the suitcase, attempting to show the contents to his companion. "Now let's get the fuck outta here, yeah? If you wouldn't mind, would ya kindly put the contents of the case in that coat of yours, til we're clear of this place?", he'd ask Alexei.

Their escape from there would be a matter of either flying or teleporting out of the area, depending on what Alexei wanted to do. In any case, 'Taiga' would take the time to shut down the tracking beacon attached to the suitcase, before putting it back in the hole.

tags:
notes: Found it!

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2019 17:30:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
[nospaces]

snow-covered hills

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

[attr="class","ch-p"]

The moment he heard the tracking device basically go off like a firework, he knew that they’d found the place—but where was it hidden, in this chaotic mess? Sure, he’d never admit that his own room back in Fortree was at almost a similar level of chaos, but he thrived in chaos—was the object they were looking for hidden in plain sight?[break][break]

He couldn’t guess. Knowing that it was going to be too risky to use a flash light, he let his eyesight adjust to the darkness, sweeping through the place as best as he could manage without running into anything and knocking over whatever shit hadn’t been misplaced due to the prior chaos.[break][break]

Keeping his eyes on ‘Taiga’s back once he’d reached a particular stretch of wall, about to exclaim in surprise, before watching the madness bear some fruit as their target was spotted.[break][break]

Thank goodness this wasn’t a trap after all… he thought to himself, watching as Thomas fiddled around with the latches, an attempt to open it. Bringing his hand down shut on it, he shook his head.[break][break]

“Best we find out what’s in this thing after we’re out of here,” he warned, closing the latches again and then carefully tucking it into his jacket before they made their way down and out of the apartment.[break][break]

“Actually—I have a better idea. Let’s head out to the roof. Less chance we’d be seen there,” he said, spotting the emergency staircase that led up to the top floor. Taking the lead, he looked over his shoulder every once in a while to make sure the other was following him, before finally emerging out on the roof deck of the complex.[break][break]

“Let’s fly the hell out of here. But we have to make it quick, he muttered, quickly unballing his Braviary. Before the avian cold let out a shriek, he quickly held up a finger to his lips, before silently pointing to the dark sky.[break][break]

Taking the hint, the avian kept quiet as Alexei got on his back before nudging Kyouya to fly up as fast and as quietly as possible.

word count: 354; precious acquired; mission end!